Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

La Belle Gyllenhaal to remake Presumed Innocent

This is the second remake La Belle will star in after Roadhouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2024 1:56 PM

That's the first pic I've seen of him where he was really showing his age.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 12:37 AM

I SOULCYCLE AND SOULCYCLE UNTIL I’M HALF DEAD AND THEY SAY, “HE’S GETTING OLD!”

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 12:39 AM

Is there anyone who doesn’t know whodunit?

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 12:41 AM

La Belle?

No.

La Grande Grenouille.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 12:44 AM

That's an I'm letting a slow fart smile out.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 12:46 AM

He resembles Jamie Lee’s dykey sister, Kelly Lee Curtis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 1:21 AM

Can't wait. I love his short-on-the-sides haircut. He hasn't looked this cute in years.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 1:44 AM

The wife did it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 2:36 AM

Is Gyllenhaal the spokemodel for Greasy Globule Face Moisturizer?

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 4:15 AM

He's looking his age but he's still sexy.

He's really amazing.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 7:43 AM

The sex scene must be explicit, otherwise, it won't top the old one.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 7:51 AM

Trailer.

June 12th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2024 1:16 PM

I'm sure it will do just fine, but IMO nothing can top the original with Raul Julia and Brian Dennehy and HArrison Ford. Bonnie Bedelia played Ford's wife and Greta Saatchi played the dead woman in flash backs.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2024 3:11 PM

Forgot Paul Winfield as the Judge. Great cast.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2024 3:13 PM

Just finished the premiere. It's all very competent and I am intrigued by the murder mystery and so will continue watching, BUT I have really hard time connecting with any of these rich asshole prosecutors.

Jakey flashes a half-toosh in a sex scene and is generally acting his tooshie off. Of course he had to show his abs off in a swimming scene as well.

by Anonymousreply 15June 12, 2024 4:16 PM

Abandoned. Like someone left for dead. She plans her suicide... until the dream begins. In the dream, the destroyer is destroyed. That's a dream worth living for.

by Anonymousreply 16June 12, 2024 4:21 PM

I hope it's better than the Fatal Attraction series which was dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 17June 12, 2024 6:18 PM

The movie is still good, we don't need no stinkin' remakes!

by Anonymousreply 18June 12, 2024 6:20 PM

This was so unnecessary. And WTF is up with the remakes, Jakey? Road House, and now this? Fine. We know he can act. But this is bullshit. And he still can't open a movie in a theater and get a decent box office. He's made some good movies. I like Southpaw, I liked the one with Ann Hathaway where he ran around naked. I even liked the Tom Ford movie. But this is not my idea of a good remake opportunity. Harrison Ford, Raul Julia, Alfre Woodard, Paul WInfield.

by Anonymousreply 19June 13, 2024 12:12 AM

Fuck you R8

by Anonymousreply 20June 13, 2024 12:27 AM

“Jake’s 50 Load Weekend” would certainly broaden his appeal…he really needs to explore family-friendly content like this.

by Anonymousreply 21June 13, 2024 1:12 AM

They couldn't find another black actress closer to home to play the judge? She's like 70% British accent and 30% Chicago accent, which makes for a crazy combo to listen to.

Other than that, a gripping second episode, looking forward to the rest. Jakey takes his shirt off at the arraignment and takes a post-arraignment / pre-trial shower in jail, which I don't think I've ever seen before. But you gotta show off those muscles, it's in the contract!

by Anonymousreply 22June 13, 2024 1:57 PM

I watched the first two episodes - I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 23June 13, 2024 6:01 PM

Jake can't get a job if he doesn't agree to show his body. I'm OK with that.

by Anonymousreply 24June 13, 2024 7:58 PM

Did anyone stick with this?

I binged it over a few nights and once you got past how utterly unbelievable *every* aspect was it was enjoyable enough and not especially taxing.

I saw the film version once when it was shown on TV back in the 90s and had a feeling I remembered the ending but naturally the tv version changed the ending.

[quote]They couldn't find another black actress closer to home to play the judge? She's like 70% British accent and 30% Chicago accent, which makes for a crazy combo to listen to.

David E Kelley obviously wanted her Noma Dumezweni after her ear catching turn in The Undoing. (Warning, spoilers for The Undoing below)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 24, 2024 10:19 AM

I am weirded out as fuck to see Jake as the parent of adult age children. He is still "Donnie Darko" to me.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2024 1:26 PM

I couldn't finish it and was shocked to find out it got renewed. Hopefully they focus on other characters in the second season because Jake's family was a bust.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2024 1:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!