Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tim Gunn dishes

A recent interview years after his very dishy podcast with Kara Mayer Robinson. Tim talks very candidly about how bad the PR contracts were, how despicable Harvey Weinstein is (he notes he's not surprised he's jail) and how happy he is doing Amazon's Making the Cut. This is a really, good interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2024 3:02 PM

The first one and this is more about PR. Tim hated Ashley's winning and asked Nina if she was brave because she stepped out of the house the way she looked and Nina said yes. LOL. He really loathed Zak Posen but that was nothing compared to how much he hated Isaac Mizrahi. Nina is the ultimate name dropper. He correctly notes that Heidi's horrible taste on the red carpet has begun hurting the show's credibility. tells lovely stories about Michelle Obama.

It's a little long and could have used some editing but very enlightening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2023 4:15 AM

Tim, honey, nobody cares.

PR was last at the forefront of pop culture a decade ago.

You signed yourself into oblivion with the Amazon deal. Hope the check was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2023 4:19 AM

And Kara, you're an awful interviewer. Don't talk incessantly about how great a friend you are with your interviewee and all the exclusive things you've talked about alone—it turns people off.

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2023 4:24 AM

Did Tim also talk about his alcoholism?

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2023 4:25 AM

His bright-pink face in the afternoon says volumes about that, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2023 4:26 AM

R4, the NYTimes already has Tim Gunn's obituary written with esophageal or liver cancer dummied in as the cause of death.

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2023 4:28 AM

The OP cared enough to share. I’m glad they did. It’s a worthy time capsule. I’m mostly interested in whether Tim is still frigid, which, I am totally okay with if he still is.

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2023 4:31 AM

Why did he loathe Isaac Mizrahi? Is that included on one of the podcasts? I’ll watch them at some point, just not tonight.

by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2023 4:37 AM

I love Tim Gunn. I've never suspected him of being an alcoholic. If he is, that makes me sad for him.

He never says anything negative about Heidi. He loves Heidi. I'm surprised he's calling her out for her ugly red carpet looks.

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2023 5:10 AM

[quote] Why did he loathe Isaac Mizrahi?

Isaac is a bitchy queen.

Tim is a nice queen.

Naturally, they wouldn't get along.

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2023 5:45 AM

The planet moon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2023 6:10 AM

I hope someone here is willing to give the Cliff's Notes version of this because I just can't bring myself to deal with listening to these types of podcasts. But I am a fan of Tim and Project Runway so the dish would be fun.

I know that's a me problem but help an old gay out woodya?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2023 9:15 AM

"Making the Cut" is a terrible show, or at least it totally lacks the entertainment of the bitchiness and backbiting of Project Runway. Everyone on MTC is so fucking NICE. The judges are polite. And I have no idea what the fuck TIm's on about when he says MTC is a "deeper dive" or whatever.

And no one can compare as a judge to Princess Tangerine herself - Michael Kors.

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2023 9:51 AM

When the interviewer asks Tim about Zak he first says that he tried to undermine him on camera from episode one. Then he really tears into him as a designer saying he owes his entire career to Charles James. When asked if he likes him, Tim says "I can't stand him". You have to hear him say it to get the full import of his disgust. But when asked about Isaac, he says if it were between him and Zak, he'd take Zak. He said he's Trumpian and so filled with ego that he's a messiah. They had a history when they worked at Liz Claiborne.

Here's the Cliff Notes video. The good stuff starts around 5:30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2023 1:40 PM

[quote]Hope the check was worth it.

The check is always worth it. Compared to fame? Or the integrity of television? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2023 1:44 PM

[quote]Or the integrity of television?

"Integrity" and " television" go together as well as " Republican" and " honesty."

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2023 2:39 PM

I enjoy Making the Cut and am looking forward to another season.

by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2023 2:42 PM

Partner interviewed him for something maybe five years ago, and found him a total delight.

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2023 2:50 PM

Making the Cut is great. Gary Graham who was runner up in S2 was one of the best contestants on any iteration of fashion competition TV. In fact, Tim said he bought two of his jackets from Amazon and wishes they'd continue manufacturing the garments past their seasons.

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2023 3:01 PM

And Gary Graham didn’t even win! His designs weren’t seen as mass marketable but they did very well on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2023 3:04 PM

I find it hilarious Isaac has such a ridiculous ego when he's been so irrelevant for decades.

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2023 3:15 PM

Thanks for the podcast cut, r14.

by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2023 4:09 PM

This is the second interview he’s done, the first one from years ago is linked. Gotta say, Tim is very, very forthcoming about his personal life and family history. Maybe too much. He also talks about his anger issues with reference to Swapnil (as he was known at the time).

by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2023 4:31 PM

[quote] He also talks about his anger issues with reference to Swapnil (as he was known at the time).

What is Swapnil known as now?

by Anonymousreply 24July 5, 2023 4:48 PM

[quote]What is Swapnil known as now?

Mitzi Mayfair

by Anonymousreply 25July 5, 2023 4:50 PM

Swapnil is A Trans and came out as a stunning and brave WOMAN

by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2023 4:54 PM

I thought you were both kidding at R25/R26.

Swapnil goes by "Saisha" now. Looks like he got his skin lightened too, and he's still rocking the fake colored contact lenses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 5, 2023 5:06 PM

I am not a gay man: Bollywood designer Swapnil Shinde comes out as Saisha, a trans woman

Bollywood designer (formerly) Swapnil Shinde, best known for dressing A-list Bollywood actors including the likes of Kareena Kapoor Khan, Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Sunny Leone, Tara Sutaria, Taapsee Pannu, Bhumi Pednekar, Hina Khan, recently took to his Instagram to come out as a transwoman.

Bollywood designer (formerly) Swapnil Shinde, best known for dressing A-list Bollywood actors including the likes of Kareena Kapoor Khan, Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Kiara Advani, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Anushka Sharma, Madhuri Dixit, Sunny Leone, Tara Sutaria, Taapsee Pannu, Bhumi Pednekar, Hina Khan, recently took to his Instagram to come out as a transwoman with a long post, sharing pictures of his new appearance and name - Saisha Shinde.

Explaining her post and name, she captioned, “Here we go 2021. P.s : Saisha means a meaningful life and I plan to make mine an exceptionally meaningful one”. Saisha shared how she was bullied for being different, writing, “Irrespective of your origin, there will always be something that reminds you of your childhood. For me, it takes me back to the kind of loneliness that aches, to pressures that pushed me into solitude and the chaos of confusion that grew every moment. All through school and college, while the boys outside tormented me because I was different, the internal pain was far worse. I felt suffocated living a reality that I knew wasn’t mine, yet one that I had to stage everyday because of societal expectations and norms.”

She continued how it was at fashion designing school that she managed to accept her truth, “It was only in my early 20s at NIFT where I found the courage to accept my truth; I truly bloomed. I spent the next few years believing that I was attracted to men because I was gay, but it was only 6 years ago that I finally accepted to myself, and today that I accept to you,” She clarified, “I’m not a gay man. I am a Transwoman.”

Saisha also took to her Instagram stories to share how great it felt to be addressed as a woman and not a man, “The sheer agony of hearing - sir for all those years! Never thought this would ever be a reality but here we are chasing our dreams. My team started saying good morning ‘Ma’am’ about a month ago with utmost pride.”

The designer rose to fame when she designed costumes for Madhur Bhandarkar’s Fashion (2008), and from then on her designs became an instant hit and she was dressing A-listers for red carpets, award shows, magazine covers and even designing costumes for movies, most recently Kiara Advani’s look in the Laxxmi song, Burj Khalifa.

In a 2010 interview with the Indian Express, she had admitted that her work was often criticised, sharing, “Critics are highly judgemental of my work. They call me the ‘Britney Spears of the fashion industry’ for breaking the rules!” She also appeared on the internationally acclaimed Project Runway TV series’ 14 season in 2015 where she placed sixth and was judged by celebrity judges Heidi Klum, Marie Claire creative director Nina Garcia, and fashion designer Zac Posen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 5, 2023 5:09 PM

Are Swapnil and Andy South the only 2 transgender contestants in PR?

by Anonymousreply 29July 5, 2023 5:51 PM

Did Tim elaborate on why he hates Zac?

I totally get why he would hate Isaac, the typical rich Manhattan MAGAT.

But why specifically does he hate Zac?

by Anonymousreply 30July 5, 2023 5:59 PM

Saving this to watch later, can't wait. Thank you, OP!

by Anonymousreply 31July 5, 2023 6:00 PM

Yes, sorry I couldn’t remember her new name. What a missed opportunity not to bring her back for season 20. She’s a better gown designer than Kayne.

by Anonymousreply 32July 5, 2023 6:27 PM

[quote]Tim Gunn dishes

How do they compare to Fiesta Ware?

by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2023 6:30 PM

Posen was a bitch to Gunn while he was a judge on Project Runway. Tim got the last laugh, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 34July 5, 2023 6:35 PM

In the link posted in R2, Tim starts about Zak around 51:00.

by Anonymousreply 35July 5, 2023 8:06 PM

He said the first day on the set, Zac told the contestants right in front of Tim that he’s never met a mentor or teacher whose advice has been helpful, rather the opposite. So he was saying, Tim is talking out of his ass.

by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2023 8:14 PM

I tried to watch Making the Cut but the vulgarity of Tim and Heidi talking about how much money the show was throwing around turned me off.

by Anonymousreply 37July 5, 2023 8:54 PM

Tim Gunn discusses airport attire ~ 14:25.

by Anonymousreply 38July 5, 2023 9:14 PM

Those interviews/podcasts are excruciating to sit through to get to those very slim nuggets: Tim hates Isaac and Zac and Harvey (can't blame him).

by Anonymousreply 39July 6, 2023 12:24 AM

You also learn that Tim eats pasta with jarred sauce (Ragu).

by Anonymousreply 40July 6, 2023 12:36 AM

R21 he is not irrelevant on QVC

by Anonymousreply 41July 6, 2023 1:21 AM

I love Tim.

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2024 4:53 AM

[quote]and how happy he is doing Amazon's Making the Cut

Last episode of Making the Cut was two years ago, not a whiff of it since. I don't think it's due to the writers strike either.

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2024 5:02 AM

[quote]In the link posted in [R2], Tim starts about Zak around 51:00.

He sounds ridiculous. He remembers he was "shrieking" at Zac because of something he thought Zac did on the show that was unfair, and then he starts shrieking about it on the podcast.

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2024 3:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!