Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How long this Harris hype gonna last ?

It is still July…

by Anonymousreply 354October 13, 2024 12:37 PM

There’s only 4 more months until November. It will go by in a blink of an eye

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2024 11:50 PM

OP, GO HOME

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2024 11:52 PM

I see someone invited Cynical Sally to the rally!

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2024 11:52 PM

In other words, get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2024 11:53 PM

OP learn to conjugate your verbs.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2024 11:55 PM

Still have the convention, the choosing of the VP, all of her outfits, all of her slams at Trump, all of the racist sexist, shit and her reactions, fun late night appearances. Her statements on the inevitable mass shootings, various stars endorsements and appearances at her rallies. An SNL cameo. November will be here before you know it

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2024 11:59 PM

Please America, let’s keep Maya Rudolph employed for the next four years.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2024 12:01 AM

Voice, you've been on a 3 day smart-pills binge!

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2024 12:20 AM

K's Wisconsin speech today threw down a very formidable gauntlet. She was specific, she was dynamic, she was a revelation.

Kamala led a true RALLY, baby! 👍 ✊ 🙋

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2024 12:26 AM

Kamala is a superstar. Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2024 12:30 AM

Till January 2033, fingers-crossed. 🤞🏻

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2024 12:35 AM

[quote]Voice, you've been on a 3 day smart-pills binge!

I'm feeling positive for the first time in months.

We might not win, but now, unlike last week, it won't be because we didn't fight.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2024 12:51 AM

I’m with r12. I never thought we could actually win with Joe but rather win because the Repubs lost their elections. But now, This sort of feels like the energy surrounding bronco obama elections and that makes me happy

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2024 12:55 AM

And there's MSNBC, interviewing a half-dozen "Women for Trump," about their opinions of Kamala.

Somehow committed Democrats, like unicorns, can never be found by the media.

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2024 12:41 PM

Democrats are usually employed, not standing there in public spaces, decked out in tacky MAGA paraphernalia, desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2024 12:47 PM

And that's why people need to turn MSNBC the fuck off, at least until they stop this both sides bullshit (at best), or outright Trump apologia (for Katy Tur).

Joy, Lawrence, and to a lesser extend Joe and Mika are the only ones who haven't followed the marching orders.

by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2024 12:49 PM

Never believe your own hype.

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2024 12:54 PM

Harris hype will last until Trump puts out his anti Harris ads and gets his talking points in order.

They’ll go after her on the border, Israel, crime, Equity, California crime etc. Then the battleground states polls will come out. Hopefully, she’ll do much better than Biden but if not….

by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2024 12:58 PM

I love it

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2024 12:59 PM

🥥🌴

by Anonymousreply 20July 24, 2024 1:15 PM

It is a refreshing change from the worry about Biden and the relentless hyena attacks about his age and abilities. Now the script has flipped. In Harris we have a younger, vital, more modern candidate who can be reasonably imagined as POTUS. Her opponent is now shown to be old and unfit, crazy, misogynist, bigoted, corrupt. His record is not good. I can imagine her laughing in his face. If debates occur, he will not be able to stalk around her as he did Hillary. She will wither him.

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2024 1:27 PM

It's almost like they planned it!

by Anonymousreply 22July 24, 2024 1:30 PM

I'll say it right now...they're going to get Taylor Swift to perform at the convention. Maga and Trump will lose their minds, but you know they'd get someone like her if they could.

by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2024 1:31 PM

I actually saw someone doing some Dark Brandon speculating that he threw the debate on purpose and then maneuvered to withdraw at the time of maximum impact.

I don't think he's that devious.

[quote]I'll say it right now...they're going to get Taylor Swift to perform at the convention. Maga and Trump will lose their minds, but you know they'd get someone like her if they could.

I'm honestly a little surprised she hasn't commented yet. in 2020, Eric Swalwell paid for a terrific GOTV ad and asked if they could use her song "Only The Young" for it. She not only let him, she let him use it for free.

And that was the moment, even if Taylor Swift's music isn't for me, I started to like Taylor Swift the person.

by Anonymousreply 24July 24, 2024 1:34 PM

If Obama is any precedent, it's real and it could actually carry her to the White House. And if it does, the inauguration will be all kinds of inspiring, then give it a week and she'll start getting blamed for everything under the sun.

by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2024 1:44 PM

[quote] And if it does, the inauguration will be all kinds of inspiring, then give it a week and she'll start getting blamed for everything under the sun.

That's going to happen regardless.

by Anonymousreply 26July 24, 2024 1:45 PM

Taylor Swift and Beyonce duet at the convention, calling it now.

by Anonymousreply 27July 24, 2024 1:49 PM

It’s going to be more fun watching Trump twisting in the wind as the MAGA party goes down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2024 1:49 PM

Hold me.

by Anonymousreply 29July 24, 2024 1:50 PM

After 2016, I learned that nothing's in the bag until the dotted like is signed. It feels a lot better and a lot more hopeful, but this is still just a strategy change and not a bankable result.

by Anonymousreply 30July 24, 2024 1:57 PM

Oh, she’s winning. The shift has woken up the part of the electorate that wasn’t paying attention and now that they’re engaged, why would they suddenly vote for that old fascist gas bag?

I can smell what the Rock is cookin’.

by Anonymousreply 31July 24, 2024 2:01 PM

I’ve seen posters mad at Obama for not endorsing….but my prediction is that he’s saved it for a grand announcement at the convention because his endorsement is the one our base wants the most! Wonderful energy happening, thank you Joe for doing the right thing!

I cannot wait to see how Joe finishes his term too. He is definitely going to flex his power to seal his legacy forever. It’s so beautiful to see this! I finally have hope again.

by Anonymousreply 32July 24, 2024 3:56 PM

Through her two presidential terms.

by Anonymousreply 33July 24, 2024 4:09 PM

[quote]Taylor Swift and Beyonce duet at the convention, calling it now.

The impact of one or both. Biden's overwhelming farewell. Obama endorsing Kamala. Kamala accepting the encomium, then speaking. This convention could be one for the ages. Watch the phenomenal bounce and donations to match. Then observe the GOP attempting still to prop up an old melting waxwork and multiple felon. The next 100 days will be quite the ride.

by Anonymousreply 34July 24, 2024 4:43 PM

[quote]This convention could be one for the ages

Considering how good the 2020 one was, while they were working around all the COVID restrictions, I'm hoping they have the same people organizing it.

by Anonymousreply 35July 24, 2024 4:46 PM

R32 agreed. The Obama endorsement will have more gravitas standing on its own. If some cunt doesn’t shoot up Walmart or anymore assassination attempts on a powerful sociopath, ideally it can be the prime story for 24-48 hr news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 36July 24, 2024 6:23 PM

R22 "It's almost like they planned it!" I dream that we Dems were clever enough to pull that off.

by Anonymousreply 37July 24, 2024 10:58 PM

R18, How will Trump attack "equity"? By advocating inequity? Because it would be laughable to all if Trump accused KH of not doing enough for equity.

The border? Trump had 4 years. Did he ever get a peso for it?

Trump loves chaos, mayhem, destruction, suffering, cruelty, brutality, and law-breaking.

He's not going to garner one more vote by November than he has right this second. But there is room to shed votes.

Because nothing Trump or Vance can say about any issue, even about California, will slow the K-Train.

by Anonymousreply 38July 25, 2024 12:18 AM

Repugs will be attacking California claiming it's a dystopian childless wasteland full of homeless in 3, 2, 1....

Yaaaaaawnn. It was a beautifully day, sun was out, cool breeze, view of the ocean, just got a raise, if only more bitter MAGAts would move to Texas it would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 39July 25, 2024 4:34 AM

[quote]How long this Harris hype gonna last ?

Troll better, Svetlana.

by Anonymousreply 40July 25, 2024 4:41 AM

No Beyoncé or Taylor Swift at the convention. Just focus on policy that will help people. Harris and Trump are fighting for a very small number of independent voters in a few states. Put all the focus on that.

by Anonymousreply 41July 25, 2024 5:37 AM

Harris is going to laugh her way through all the difficult questions she asks and won’t get answers to.

by Anonymousreply 42July 25, 2024 5:48 AM

Laughing, "DEI", and dicksucking allegations are all they've got. This will be fun. 🍿

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2024 5:55 AM

HAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 44July 25, 2024 6:00 AM

[quote] Trump loves chaos, mayhem, destruction, suffering, cruelty, brutality, and law-breaking.

And I think this is exactly what the vast majority of Americans are sick of and have been for a long time, as well as the idea that he somehow defines our country and who we are, which the media has run with for so long.

And now there is a more than viable alternative.

The biggest problem for Trump, among many, is that he doesn’t have another gear. There’s nothing for him to switch to.

The other problem is that most of the MAGA party is just theatre: the same 1,000 people going to the same rallies, most of them paid to be there. A few donors making all the donations. The unchallenging media magnifying his support and ignoring all the real world indicators that, yes, even Biden, the Democratic ticket had support. Trump’s campaign thought they could just steal the ejection in November. Well, that’s gone up in smoke. Voter registrations are UP. Voters are engaged. They’re not going to be able to get away with it.

And Trump is going to wind up in jail. Judge Marchan could end up sentencing him to up to 4 years. Why should he be afraid of Trump now, if he ever was? Jack Smith is going to rebound on appeal in the 11th case and if Judge Cannon gets removed, the documents case - which observers have always believed is a slam dunk - gets re-assigned on the rocket docket. After November 5th, Trump won’t have anything else to do. President Harris expands the Supreme Court to 13 justices - as she should - and suddenly the Heritage Foundation’s decades of nefarious work is down the drain. (And there are plenty of good appointments she can make, as long as they’re not Heritage Foundation lackeys carrying Leonard Leo’s water.)

There are plenty of good reasons to sustain the hype.

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2024 8:44 AM

*sorry for typos

by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2024 8:45 AM

Until November 6.

by Anonymousreply 47July 25, 2024 9:16 AM

[quote]President Harris expands the Supreme Court to 13 justices - as she should - and suddenly the Heritage Foundation’s decades of nefarious work is down the drain.

Maybe that's a better spot for Pete. Not all Supreme Court Justices have been judges and lawyers in the past. There is some historical reference to that. Pete is a deep thinker and you can tell he operates with integrity.

by Anonymousreply 48July 25, 2024 11:44 AM

I can only speak for myself and I am both thrilled and relieved that we now have a fighting chance to drive evil back into the dirt.

I've always questioned the "Biden forever" stans who seemed hell bent on giving tRump the WH and a disastrous second term.

Of course the Rethugs are already throwing rocks at Kamala Harris. Racism and misogyny are front and center and will only get worse as polling will create desperation.

How about "Rapey fatso convicted felon and closet case anti-abortion hillbilly running scared in the face of a strong and very competent woman". That's what this really is.

by Anonymousreply 49July 25, 2024 12:04 PM

[quote] No Beyoncé or Taylor Swift at the convention. Just focus on policy that will help people. Harris and Trump are fighting for a very small number of independent voters in a few states. Put all the focus on that.

They can do both. Trump is obsessed with TV ratings and it just might literally kill him to see the DNC pull in the biggest numbers of all time, far above the sad little GOP show with Kid Rock and Hulk Hogan 🤢🤮 .

by Anonymousreply 50July 25, 2024 12:12 PM

Theilbilly, not hillbilly.

Besides William of Orange was a Protestant and Vance as a Catholic is just an Athol.

by Anonymousreply 51July 25, 2024 12:12 PM

[quote] I actually saw someone doing some Dark Brandon speculating that he threw the debate on purpose and then maneuvered to withdraw at the time of maximum impact.

Again this is how stupid Blue MAGA is. They are like Red MAGA, who used to insist Trump doing or saying idiotic things was always 4D chess.

Joe Biden embarrassed and humiliated Democrats and has ensured a Trump reelection with his failure to drop out immediately after the debate. He was willing to let the country elect Trump and Republicans in a landslide rather than admit he hasn’t been a popular or inspiring President.

by Anonymousreply 52July 25, 2024 12:17 PM

People forget that Biden was elected to beat Trump which he did. I think everyone kind of expected it to be one term. However, no one thought Trump would have the gall to run again after losing. So Biden figured since he did it before he can do it again. I don't blame him, he is the only one so far that can say that.

by Anonymousreply 53July 25, 2024 12:21 PM

R52, Your post is very twisted. We Democrats are proud of President Biden, not "humiliated." We are knowledgeable of his accomplishments, from student loans to the nation's infrastructure.

"Blue MAGA"? You obviously think that's trenchant, but it's simply stupid. There are no gigantic "BIDEN" flags on our homes or vehicles. We don't wear identical hats with a pro-Biden slogan. We have never chanted "Lock him up!" though in Trump's case it is deserved, as he is a convicted felon.

And we sure as hell don't have anyone going around calling Joe "the Chosen One," complete with craven "ministers" leading "services." Try to find a painting of Biden and Christ together.

This is the point at which I might call you "Boris," but I think you're simply just a typical ignorant Republican, projecting YOUR embarrassment and humiliation about your vile criminal of a candidate.

by Anonymousreply 54July 25, 2024 12:46 PM

Also R53, the only reason Trump ran and commandeered control if the party was to stat out of jail.

by Anonymousreply 55July 25, 2024 12:48 PM

Trump will NEVER go to jail. This is a fantasy almost as deluded as what some MAGAs believe. Even his 34 felony convictions (if they stand) will not result in prison. Dems should continue to hammer Trump as a felon but forget the jail fantasy. Also it gives MAGA a strong reason to vote to keep their cult leader out of jail.

by Anonymousreply 56July 25, 2024 1:06 PM

[quote]Joe Biden embarrassed and humiliated Democrats and has ensured a Trump reelection with his failure to drop out immediately after the debate.

You're aware, aren't you, that the election is still more than three months away?

by Anonymousreply 57July 25, 2024 1:10 PM

He won't go to jail. He'll go to Dubai with the Mugabes.

by Anonymousreply 58July 25, 2024 1:11 PM

It’s been a rough few days for the DL Anti-Harris Trolls. Have a little pity on them.

Christ they may be more upset than trump now.

by Anonymousreply 59July 25, 2024 1:12 PM

In spite of the hype in the media and most especially here on the datalounge she's a very weak choice for the democrats to run against the Cheeto Colored Bolus.

by Anonymousreply 60July 25, 2024 1:13 PM

R80

Right on cue.

by Anonymousreply 61July 25, 2024 1:14 PM

I get that they need to cope somehow and posting here using an array of sock puppets is still cheaper than an hour of therapy.

by Anonymousreply 62July 25, 2024 1:18 PM

R80 thinks all those 1000s of new Harris volunteers and that record 100 million ++++ in donations is all DL.

It’s just DL and the media that’s excited said one of the 2 DL Harris Trolls.

by Anonymousreply 63July 25, 2024 1:18 PM

And R60 as well :-)

by Anonymousreply 64July 25, 2024 1:19 PM

Still going! My TikTok feed has a lot of former Republicans saying they're voting Harris.

by Anonymousreply 65July 26, 2024 8:01 AM

R53 It’s not just the gall. No one thought he would have support after losing AND January 6th. But then again Americans are dumb as bricks. And I heard more from this administration about trans issues than explaining how inflation works.

by Anonymousreply 66July 26, 2024 8:51 AM

Well Obama just endorsed her, and then the VP pick and the virtual nomination and the convention and the debate and her historic election and her historic swearing in so at least six months I’d say.

by Anonymousreply 67July 26, 2024 12:27 PM

Inauguration Day falls on MLK Day this round.

by Anonymousreply 68July 26, 2024 12:30 PM

How fitting!

by Anonymousreply 69July 26, 2024 12:33 PM

Until she starts debating and talking off the cuff. She’s a complete moron.

by Anonymousreply 70July 26, 2024 12:35 PM

R70 oh yes because more morons become state attorney generals.

by Anonymousreply 71July 26, 2024 12:37 PM

Longer than you think, OP

This bitch has dispatched your Trump-Clown.

by Anonymousreply 72July 26, 2024 12:37 PM

Trump is yesterday’s diaper.

by Anonymousreply 73July 26, 2024 12:38 PM

OP is his home health aide.

by Anonymousreply 74July 26, 2024 12:43 PM

does she like her boobies suckled? pinched hard?? fondled too?🙄

by Anonymousreply 75July 26, 2024 12:46 PM

R75 Wtf

by Anonymousreply 76July 26, 2024 12:48 PM

I think DJT's good friend Hannibal Lecter found his way to the DL.

by Anonymousreply 77July 26, 2024 12:50 PM

You know who's a moron, R70? DJT Jr who talked your orange cult leader into picking the couch fucker.

And you, of course.

by Anonymousreply 78July 26, 2024 12:51 PM

Goodbye to you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 26, 2024 12:58 PM

[quote]Until she starts debating and talking off the cuff. She’s a complete moron.

Well, not every presidential candidate can be a stable genius like your orange god, a true intellectual with the vocabulary of a third-grader and the temperament of a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 80July 26, 2024 1:22 PM

he declines to debate her because he KNOWS she is going to wipe the floor with his completely old/dumb/incompetent ass.

by Anonymousreply 81July 26, 2024 1:26 PM

R70, You DO realize whom she would be "debating," right?

by Anonymousreply 82July 26, 2024 1:27 PM

I suppose Team Trump will focus in The Border and Kamala's work with the immigration situation.

But no matter what lies or truths Trump spouts, all KH need do is turn to him and say, "Mr. Trump, do you know what 'seeking asylum' means?"

Throw in a "Where are the children you had kidnapped?" and Game Over.

by Anonymousreply 83July 26, 2024 1:34 PM

Oh, and if he says "KaMA'la," she needs immediately to reply "Yes, DoNALD'?"

by Anonymousreply 84July 26, 2024 1:37 PM

That's a "convicted feLON DoNALD" for you.

by Anonymousreply 85July 26, 2024 1:40 PM

[qoute] Until she starts debating and talking off the cuff. She’s a complete moron.

You do realize she’s debated in a presidential election previously and that the video is available for everyone to see, right?

by Anonymousreply 86July 26, 2024 2:33 PM

OP - I don't know, YURI-Bot.

You tell us.

by Anonymousreply 87July 26, 2024 2:58 PM

She pissed off Israel and told them to end the war and then said she wants a two-state solution. The Middle East will never go for that. Israel will never accept that.

by Anonymousreply 88July 26, 2024 3:00 PM

[quote]President Harris expands the Supreme Court to 13 justices - as she should

I truly hope this is the plan. It was awesome when Biden spoke about SCOTUS reform in his torch-passing speech, and a very, very good use of his remaining time as POTUS; it sets the stage for what we really need, injecting the topic into the pre-election discussion so that when Harris is inaugurated she can take the bold steps required to rein in the Rotten Roberts court and get the country back on the right track in which criminals are held accountable regardless of their position in our power structure.

Bottom line, we absolutely must reverse the Court's immunity decision putting the president above the law, a recipe for the collapse of the United States as a democracy. We must reverse the Chevron decision stripping all regulatory powers from the agencies tasked with regulating. And of course we must reverse Dobbs and reinstate Roe, followed up by strong Federal legislation clarifying and reinforcing bodily autonomy (and I'd like to see it go further into a Constitutional amendment, but that is such a far reach that without the Democrats taking filibuster-proof majorities in both the Federal government and two-thirds of the states, simply won't happen). And then the reformed court must go back through all of the decisions the conservatives have achieved, from Citizens United to Scalia's rewrite of the Second Amendment to authorize allowing every lunatic to own a weapon of war.

Nothing will be better than watching Roberts, Alito, and Thomas sputtering and spittle flying from their mouths as their rule by judicial fiat comes to an end, their careers in tatters as they crawl back under the rocks from which they emerged, and die, And not a moment too soon.

by Anonymousreply 89July 26, 2024 4:11 PM

Congress working on Chevron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 26, 2024 4:38 PM

R88, Oh, ye of little memory.

President Clinton. PM Ehud Barak. Leader Yasser Arafat.

Clinton posited. Barak agreed. Arafat refused.

The Palestinians have twi non-negotiable demands that Israel can and will never agree to, demands never, historically, granted by victors in war(s) to the vanquished, to wit:

The moving of Israel's borders back to pre-6-Day War locations; and

The "Right of Return" to Israeli territory of any Palestinian in exile. This would, of course, completely change the nature, the very raison d'etre, of Israel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 28, 2024 2:28 AM

1967 borders. Cut the crap.

by Anonymousreply 92July 28, 2024 5:31 AM

At least until the end of this rally in Atlanta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 30, 2024 10:23 PM

R90 Elizabeth Warren says the democrats can codify Roe vs. Wade in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 30, 2024 10:37 PM

At least four more years, OP.

by Anonymousreply 95July 30, 2024 10:45 PM

My prediction is the election will hinge on how well the Republicans can drive up Harris’ negatives. If they can get her disapproval back anywhere near where it was, they’ll win. If they can’t accomplish that, Harris has a good chance of winning.

by Anonymousreply 96July 30, 2024 10:46 PM

[quote] You do realize she’s debated in a presidential election previously and that the video is available for everyone to see, right?

You're absolutely right. R86, we can all watch Kamala hem and haw and double speak as she's confronted with her own nefarious record as Attorney General of California. She's not the least bit impressive in a debate, in my opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 30, 2024 10:59 PM

R97 She looks to me so far like she learned a lot in the past few years working for Joe. So far she looks smart and in control. Four years ago she was ready for AA ball today she is ready for the bigs. That’s not unusual.

But as with all things time and the EC will tell.

by Anonymousreply 98July 30, 2024 11:42 PM

[quote][qoute] Until she starts debating and talking off the cuff. She’s a complete moron.

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 99July 31, 2024 12:14 AM

The democratic nominee should be chosen at the democratic convention but the Elites in the democratic party have decided UNdemocratically that this annoying person Kalamata is going to be the democratic candidate for POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 100July 31, 2024 12:17 AM

Runs out of steam by early October, one small boost from the non-surprising VP pick announcement.

by Anonymousreply 101July 31, 2024 12:31 AM

Border ad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 31, 2024 12:33 AM

Has anyone seen the new border ad???

by Anonymousreply 103July 31, 2024 12:35 AM

No just you

by Anonymousreply 104July 31, 2024 12:59 AM

R99, ??

R92, ??

by Anonymousreply 105July 31, 2024 1:35 AM

This is Trump's last shot. If he's still alive in 2028 no one will want to go with a two time loser and he'll also be too old. In three months we can finally be rid of him and his political career will be over, after plaguing us for an entire decade.

I want Kamala to win if only so Trump can finally be made irrelevant and his batshit MAGA loser base will be powerless.

by Anonymousreply 106July 31, 2024 3:31 AM

R100 spoken like a true Russian troll.

by Anonymousreply 107July 31, 2024 3:31 AM

R100 is a Maga talking point. See it on Facebook with the Maga idiots

by Anonymousreply 108July 31, 2024 5:05 AM

We also hear the MAGA cunts repeating it verbally over and over R108. They're furious because now that Kamala is the nominee - Dump is up shit creek and they know it. This is going to be a difficult election for them to win now when previously they thought they had it all sewn up after the failed assassination attempt by one of their own batshit crazy MAGAs.

by Anonymousreply 109July 31, 2024 7:05 AM

If Taylor Swift publicly backs Harris I will forgive her for all this Kelce nonsense. :)

by Anonymousreply 110July 31, 2024 7:27 AM

R94 it's so sweet listening to Elizabeth Warren explain what can be done about abortion rights. Love that woman!

by Anonymousreply 111July 31, 2024 7:28 AM

Hopefully until the election.

She’s coming across as confident, competent and she has a nice smile (don’t laugh, I think that’s important; makes people more likeable). She also has been primed for the job over the last four years.

Trump, however, is like a reject Bond villain; becoming ever more deranged and dilapidated. He looks as repulsive as he is. Of course, his cult think he’s Jesus because they have developmental issues and a whole lot of psychosis.

by Anonymousreply 112July 31, 2024 8:07 AM

In a debate, I think it will be very hard for Donald not to attack her looks, her laugh, her sex - she is a woman after all and it’s his nature. This is a man who said Megyn Kelly must be on her period during a National debate. His base will find it funny. Most will be repulsed.

by Anonymousreply 113July 31, 2024 8:10 AM

R113 I hope he does that. As you say, his cult will lap it up like the degenerates they are. Normal human beings will find it unacceptable and repellent. If you give somebody like him enough rope he’ll eventually hang himself.

by Anonymousreply 114July 31, 2024 8:13 AM

Give someone enough rope and they can hang a lot of people, Don't worry no more than 49% of the voters will vote for trump right about 49%. The un-normal,part of the country. Not the DL normal.

And while the EC will be deciding things I am positive we will win the popular vote,

And winning the popular vote is a lot lie winning best looking couple in HS for the yearbook. (I doubt they still do this in HS)

by Anonymousreply 115July 31, 2024 8:27 AM

Uncle Joe won the EC. Kamala is going to win the EC.

Strong men keep their supporters. Old creeps who smell like shit and choose the likes of JD Vance as their running mate lose.

by Anonymousreply 116July 31, 2024 10:00 AM

The late timing of the Democratic convention is now a gift that gives Harris and team media positivity through Labor Day. There can and will be an October surprise - they're already gathering yet another packaged evangelical migrant caravan in southern Mexico, Israel just assassinated Haniyeh and will go for more, the stock market rally is starting to stall (thanks to Trumps comments on Taiwan tanking the semiconductor industry), you can expect the FBI to try some shit again - and it will be interesting to see how Harris and her running mate do on defense. But right now, having this glide path from Republican convention into early voting is well planned.

by Anonymousreply 117July 31, 2024 10:11 AM

Unfortunately, Fox News still massively outstrips any other news outlet. We’re getting the hype, but they are probably getting the California liberal, weak on the border and defund routine non-stop

by Anonymousreply 118July 31, 2024 10:36 AM

They are getting denials of the couch fucking.

by Anonymousreply 119July 31, 2024 11:40 AM

so predictable 🙄... whenever someone such as r100 says anything contrary to the herd-mentality, the usual suspects start with the maga-this, maga-that ad nauseum instead of having an intelligent discussion on the various points... whatever😄🤣

by Anonymousreply 120July 31, 2024 1:10 PM

The NY Times is on the case!

Harris Created a Huge Wave of Energy. How Long Can Democrats Ride It?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 31, 2024 1:13 PM

Democrats are lining up behind Harris: Here's why that spells trouble for them

by Anonymousreply 122July 31, 2024 1:15 PM

[quote]they're already gathering yet another packaged evangelical migrant caravan in southern Mexico

Lol! All the greatest hits.

by Anonymousreply 123July 31, 2024 1:55 PM

[quote]thanks to Trumps comments on Taiwan tanking the semiconductor industry

Who the fuck listens to Dump about anything especially as he sucks as a businessman?

by Anonymousreply 124July 31, 2024 2:00 PM

I haven't seen a single post on DL saying "well, I'm supporting her bc she did a great job handling so-and-so situation", or "I like her because of her work on so-and-so project", or even "I like her views on such-and-such issue"... instead you have hordes of crazed almost carnival-reject types and sideshow freaks running around beating drums and banging cans and they don't have the foggiest idea why... they seem to be doing so simply bc they were told to do so... everyone has the right to vote for whomever they want, but at least people could put even a modicum amount of thought into why🙄

by Anonymousreply 125July 31, 2024 2:15 PM

Yu know, I follow Dave Pepper on Twitter. He's one of the good guys. And he said we haven't even begun tosee the crazy from Trump and his wierdos. He said basically, Trump has two choices the Presidency, or Prison. And he will be at his most desperate and panicked the worse things get. We've only just begun. Personally I am here for it. He surrounds himself with crackpots so there will be no end to it.

Oh. One thing no one seems to be paying attention to is all the billionaires who are taking to the TV shows to cry about thee economy. and Taxes.

by Anonymousreply 126July 31, 2024 2:24 PM

R125, surely you're talking about the MAGAs who keep saying what a great job Trump did ...on the economy, or immigration, or crime.....LOLOLOL!

by Anonymousreply 127July 31, 2024 2:26 PM

R125 is confusing Kamala with the old fat pig who rambles on about sharks and Hannibal Lecter. Kamala has been very clear that she will protect the rights of women and LGBT. She's also not a fascist or a criminal. That should be reason enough to support her over the alternative.

by Anonymousreply 128July 31, 2024 2:27 PM

Even Joe Rogan is saying Kamala will win, because no one wants Trump in office again.

by Anonymousreply 129July 31, 2024 2:33 PM

R125. I think pretty much everyone has very specific and credible reasons for their enthusiasm for Harris. I think you are the one with the problem.

by Anonymousreply 130July 31, 2024 2:43 PM

I felt the same way as r100 for the first week after Biden dropped out. But it's way too late in the year to go through the process of picking someone else. She's got fantastic momentum and appeal. Just think, it could've been Klobuchar who is certainly competent but would not give us the pizzazz we need in this moment at this time. A few weeks out from Joe's announcement, it feels right. The rulebook for the presidency was thrown out the minute Trump entered office. So we bent some rules, big deal, we HAVE to beat him.

by Anonymousreply 131July 31, 2024 5:40 PM

"Kamala has been very clear that she will protect the rights of women and LGBT."... it's easy to say anything during campaign season... question is what has she actually *done* for the gay community when there were no lights and cameras??? can someone pls provide links? I haven't made up my mind and am still open to considering her candidacy... I would just like to have verifiable facts minus the histrionics, drama, name calling, etc...

by Anonymousreply 132July 31, 2024 6:27 PM

[quote] question is what has she actually *done* for the gay community when there were no lights and cameras???

Refused to defend Prop 8 to the Supreme Court.

Fucking performing the ceremony for two of the plaintiffs in that case.

by Anonymousreply 133July 31, 2024 6:28 PM

Wtf R132

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 31, 2024 6:30 PM

R97 Thanks for posting the clip. Could you specify in the clip where Harris is a moron? I'm sure it's there because I'm sure you wouldn't post something stupidly, but finding it is proving somewhat difficult to find. Thanks so much!

by Anonymousreply 135July 31, 2024 6:34 PM

[quote]r132 = I haven't made up my mind and am still open to considering her candidacy...

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 31, 2024 6:39 PM

[quote] what has she actually *done* for the gay community when there were no lights and cameras??? can someone pls provide links?

She brought soup to my gay neighbor and she scissored with Hillary Clinton. Does that help in your decision journey?

by Anonymousreply 137July 31, 2024 6:43 PM

🤣😅 r137

by Anonymousreply 138July 31, 2024 6:52 PM

points taken r133 and r134🙂

by Anonymousreply 139July 31, 2024 6:55 PM

[quote]Until she starts debating and talking off the cuff. She’s a complete moron.

Dear heart, I think you have her confused with your fat, shrieking orange tinted toddler.

by Anonymousreply 140July 31, 2024 6:57 PM

[quote] she scissored with Hillary Clinton

I thought you wanted to steer people toward Harris.

by Anonymousreply 141July 31, 2024 6:57 PM

Is the right wing turd posting Defarto or that dude from Reddit?

by Anonymousreply 142July 31, 2024 7:00 PM

You know, OP, I think that what has happened with Kamala signals a shift in how we conduct campaigns. We have the technology now to wage a full blown campaign in a matter of weeks, not months or years. The "permanent campaign" and all the high dollar fundraising that goes on two years out from election day, may go the way of the dinosaurs. I believe an effective national Presidential campaign can be assembled and waged in about 6-8 months time. I'm considering the field operations, office leases and local operations into it. So in answer to your original question, this is not hype, this is a fucking presidential campaign with momentum and at least one reason for that is that it is fresh, and moving fast. The others were plodding along, stale, traditional, etc. This combines traditional with 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 143July 31, 2024 8:26 PM

[quote] Could you specify in the clip where Harris is a moron? I'm sure it's there because I'm sure you wouldn't post something stupidly, but finding it is proving somewhat difficult to find. Thanks so much!

Well, R135, I already specified what's in the clip in that little thing called a paragraph that you can find above the video. If you still don't understand after watching the clip, then you're only seeing what you want to see. It's not my job to try and change your biases only to present what's in front of you. I'm sure other more intelligent people will understand the point of posting the clip. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 144July 31, 2024 8:49 PM

R97 take a peak at this afternoon’s Trump shitshow and get back to us.

by Anonymousreply 145July 31, 2024 8:58 PM

You think that is an embarrassing performance? And when does she hem and haw? You’re not just biased you are in drugs if you think that performance is inferior to any of Biden’s 2020 debate performances or to several weeks of Trump clips we could assemble

by Anonymousreply 146July 31, 2024 8:59 PM

[quote] You’re not just biased you are in drugs

Oh dear! You're in worse shape than I thought. Look, you do what you want with your vote, bub. Like I said, I'm gonna try to change your biases. Other eyes will watch the video and form an opinion as you and I have. You clearly see what you want to see and don't appear undecided. You can find other clips of Ms. Harris in action on your own time. I don't have to do that for you R146.

by Anonymousreply 147July 31, 2024 9:08 PM

R247. You’re right. I’m not undecided about whether Trump and (unfortunately) frequently Biden seen unintelligent, confused, and unable to control themselves. If you think Harris seems unimpressive in contras, you are on some pretty powerful drugs.

by Anonymousreply 148July 31, 2024 9:10 PM

[quote] You’re right. I’m not undecided

Then we're DONE. There was no point in asking me to "point out" anything for you because, like any other biased idiot you already had your mind made up. Now shoo fly R148. 👉

by Anonymousreply 149July 31, 2024 9:20 PM

Anyone who has already decided is an idiot? It would seem anyone who can’t make a decision between Trump and Harris at this point In a a very, very serious idiot. How could anyone have any uncertainty about these two candidates?

by Anonymousreply 150July 31, 2024 9:30 PM

It's called being a MAGAt, R150. It's a cult for people of low intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 151July 31, 2024 9:32 PM

R150 You know you really are a troll. You first quote me with the passive aggressive bullshit by asking me to "explain" to you what was in the clip like you're fucking four years old. " I'm sure you wouldn't post something stupidity." This is again, you again being passive aggressive. The truth is you didn't like what was in the clip, but instead of coming out and saying that, you chose to be passive-aggressive instead. I don't care who you vote for you still come across like a spineless, pot stirring little bitch. I'm not maga R151 if you're referring to me.

by Anonymousreply 152July 31, 2024 9:38 PM

I am those other eyes you speak of R97 and I fight see anything moronic in the clip. I thought she defended herself very well. I think you’re just prone to hyperbole.

And the person you’re going back and forth with didn’t ask you to change their mind. They just asked you to point out what was moronic in your opinion - which you didn’t do. You just said it’s obvious. But there is no hemming and hawing

Anyway that’s what I saw. Seems like you have an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 153July 31, 2024 9:51 PM

I don't have an agenda R153. I posted a video. I said IN MY OPINION, she's not a good debater. But clearly, that's subjective. And the poster was being passive-aggressive. I don't have to break my opinion down for you. You either agree with or you don't. I don't like her, but that doesn't mean a vote for trump. As a voter, I'm allowed to be critical, but the problem arises when the sheep gets triggered and tries to label you for expressing criticism. It doesn’t mean an agenda either.

by Anonymousreply 154July 31, 2024 10:07 PM

I just want Trump fucking GONE. I don't care if Kermit the Fucking Frog is the Democratic nominee, I'll vote for him.

Trump has dominated American life for an entire decade now, the same shit over and over and over and I just want rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 155July 31, 2024 10:10 PM

[quote]I don't care if Kermit the Fucking Frog is the Democratic nominee, I'll vote for him.

Hi-ho!

by Anonymousreply 156July 31, 2024 10:23 PM

Also, there's a Star Trek for Harris virtual convention/fundraiser in the works. Stacey Abrams organized a really fun one in 2020, and I'm glad they're doing it again.

She's a huge Trekkie, and it turned out that so is Pete.

by Anonymousreply 157July 31, 2024 10:28 PM

R152. In retrospect, maybe I am a troll. You see, when I first challenged your concern about Harris’s ability to debate I thought it surely that was a brain-dead idea rattling in some diseased racist and misogynistic brain. I had in mind clips like this one where a white guy was completely unable to answer a simple question. It seemed so embarrassingly awful compared fo the clip you posted that I thought only someone with a diseased brain could find Harris’ response to what is a fairly awkward part of her record deficient in any way.

But I now realize you are correct

And, by the way, i am not the poster who thought you were MAGA. I just previously thought you were stupid and has weird views of women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 31, 2024 10:58 PM

Look you clueless cretins, Harris and Biden did great work and have solid accomplishments. She is building on that. She has talked about goals and programs and policies she wants to work on. She has plans and hopes and they're centered around helping to make lives better for average people. On his best days as POTUS Trump was a photo opportunity celebrity. He was full of shit in a crisis. The only PResident since Hoover who lost jobs. And the economy was in the shitter. Now the corporations loved him because he was Mr. Deregulation, and fuck the environment. And the billionaires loved hi because he starved our government to give out irresponsible tax cuts. No infrastructure underTrump, and no immigration reforms under Trump. The GOP loves issues.They're used as weapons.No solutions, just complaints. And they're very good at throwing blame around whether it is deserved or not. They lie with abandon, divide, distort and sow fear. They offer nothing. So stop doing the both sides bullshit or trying to compare Harris to Trump. Just fuck the hell off because you're straining yourself, and your mouth is writing checks your ass can't back.

by Anonymousreply 159July 31, 2024 11:07 PM

[quote]Anyone who has already decided is an idiot? It would seem anyone who can’t make a decision between Trump and Harris at this point In a a very, very serious idiot. How could anyone have any uncertainty about these two candidates?

With the country and the two parties so polarized, it's hard to imagine how there could be people who could go either way, but they exist. They will decide the election. Both candidates are after that tiny number of voters in the middle that are in the battleground states.

by Anonymousreply 160July 31, 2024 11:10 PM

R159 here and my post is directed at the fucking trolls who are trying to make equal comparisons between Trump and Harris. Fuck the hell o0ff.

by Anonymousreply 161July 31, 2024 11:21 PM

Now CNN is wasting time discussing Trump's "KAmala is not Black" bullshit. Real people with real problems are not important. It's all about divide and shit stir.

by Anonymousreply 162July 31, 2024 11:29 PM

I truly can't believe I'm here, but for the first time in my adult life, I find the way the vast majority of mainstream media truly reprehensible in how this has played out. They were horrible to Hillary in 2016, but at least the way Trump governed was an unknown commodity. They don't have that as cover this time.

by Anonymousreply 163July 31, 2024 11:34 PM

You can kindly Fuck off now R158 I'm done with you. You're shallow and boring.

[quote] I just previously thought you were stupid and has weird views of women.

Its mighty dangerous to have thoughts rattling around in that empty space between your ears. Your comprehension issues are glaring so obviously those thoughts are going nowhere. Personally, I think you're stupid and have weird views.

by Anonymousreply 164July 31, 2024 11:58 PM

R164. Quite the cogent response.

by Anonymousreply 165August 1, 2024 12:12 AM

"She's a huge Trekkie, and it turned out that so is Pete."...

perhaps Scottie could beam them both up - ASAP!😆🤣

by Anonymousreply 166August 1, 2024 8:13 AM

Okay boomer

by Anonymousreply 167August 1, 2024 9:00 AM

And what did simpletons on DL say in the past pre Harris ?

If they don’t know who they are voting for by now then “we” don’t want them. Let them vote for Trump. Fuck em,

These nourish hunting bozos were willing to FF those who will now decide the election,

There is a lot of stupid in the US drinking water today.

by Anonymousreply 168August 1, 2024 11:02 AM

Boris Hunting Bozos

by Anonymousreply 169August 1, 2024 11:03 AM

Until she is elected, troll

by Anonymousreply 170August 1, 2024 12:29 PM

For her second term

by Anonymousreply 171August 1, 2024 12:30 PM

How long, OP? You and I should live so long!

by Anonymousreply 172August 6, 2024 10:14 PM

Hype? Passion!

At last...

by Anonymousreply 173August 6, 2024 10:18 PM

How long the rally? Let me count the days.

We'll cheer until November 5th, and then

We'll vote in droves, 'til Trump and Vance cry "When!"

by Anonymousreply 174August 6, 2024 10:23 PM

All of this media worship of Kalamata and we know NOTHING about her policy views not even at her website.

by Anonymousreply 175August 6, 2024 10:48 PM

Yes, we do

by Anonymousreply 176August 6, 2024 10:49 PM

[quote]All of this media worship of Kalamata and we know NOTHING about her policy views not even at her website.

Your trolling is tone-deaf, Svetlana.

by Anonymousreply 177August 6, 2024 10:52 PM

Oh, please, disingenuous r175.

HERE'S THE ONLY RELEVANT "POLICY":

DEFEAT PROJECT 2025.

This evil destruction would outlive Trump, Vance, and citizens yet unborn.

BTW: "Kalamata"? Grow up, MAGAt. And don't even.

by Anonymousreply 178August 6, 2024 10:55 PM

[quote]In spite of the hype in the media and most especially here on the datalounge she's a very weak choice for the democrats to run against the Cheeto Colored Bolus.

LoL, r175, give it up.

by Anonymousreply 179August 6, 2024 10:57 PM

Like I said at r4. Get used to it. And if you don't like it, as we used to say in Quebec, TOUGH BANANES.

by Anonymousreply 180August 6, 2024 11:00 PM

Watched the Harris-Walz rally in Philly just now. They were fired up. Walz swears in his speeches, love it! He had some good zingers:

"I can't wait to debate the guy [JD Vance]... that is, if he's willing to get off the couch and show up."

"Make no mistake, violent crime was up under Donald Trump... That's not even counting the crimes he committed."

The crowd was electric. Right now, this is going very well for the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 181August 6, 2024 11:03 PM

Poor little R175. Everything he had invested in to try to deal with his deep self loathing, everything is coming apart... Don't worry, you can always move to Russia and work as a professional troll.

by Anonymousreply 182August 6, 2024 11:18 PM

Enjoy the one turnip bonus r175

by Anonymousreply 183August 6, 2024 11:25 PM

Moscow has great supermarkets, R175!

by Anonymousreply 184August 6, 2024 11:27 PM

[quote]The crowd was electric. Right now, this is going very well for the Democrats.

And why that's a problem for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 185August 6, 2024 11:34 PM

"Is Tim Walz too mean for a candidate from Minnesota?"

-- NYTimes headline, probably

by Anonymousreply 186August 6, 2024 11:36 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that in NYT tomorrow. At this point, it's scary how much our jokes resemble their actual coverage.

by Anonymousreply 187August 6, 2024 11:38 PM

She does need to get her merch game in gear.

I need a "When We Fight, We Win" sign or mug.

by Anonymousreply 188August 7, 2024 12:06 AM

I want a large button that says "PROJECT" in black, underneath which is "2025" in orange, and a BIG RED SLASH through all!

🚫

by Anonymousreply 189August 7, 2024 12:33 AM

THe media is already pissed off as indicated in the endless CNN "panels" discussing nothing much at all, when they repeatedly mention that Kamala is doing so well, but then she hasn't given any interviews and we haven't really held her accountable. I hate Jake Tapper et al so much. At least Abbie Cornish and Abby Philips get in his ass once in a while but not enough.

by Anonymousreply 190August 7, 2024 12:54 AM

"When We Fight, We Win"

I like it

by Anonymousreply 191August 7, 2024 12:58 AM

[quote] At least Abbie Cornish and Abby Philips get in his ass once in a while but not enough.

Sounds like they need more lube....

by Anonymousreply 192August 7, 2024 1:03 AM

Look out, Kamala, Charles is in charge of Dump's campaign strategy now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 7, 2024 1:31 AM

R175 I'm not going disparage you. But you must know that Harris has been CLEAR about policy goals in her first term.

1. Pass and sign a law that guarantees a national right to choose about reproductive rights.

2. Preserve and expand the Affordable Care Act.

3. Universal childcare.

4. Lowering prescription drug costs.

5. Reducing/eliminating student loan debt.

6. Eliminating junk fees.

7. Pass and sigh the bipartisan immigration/security legislation that Trump torpedoed.

8. Rein in Big Data's use of harvested personal data.

For a start. You can actually listen to her and hear all this. It's good to listen.

by Anonymousreply 194August 7, 2024 2:08 AM

We’re all indoors now on the east coast because of this horrible rain and humidity. So everyone is aware of this unfolding introduction of Harris, then Walz, and of cheering audiences.

If it were normal August weather I think most people wouldn’t be paying attention til after Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 195August 7, 2024 2:10 AM

R191, I also liked when Walz said, near the end, "91 days? That's easy!" I loved the confidence and positivity.

by Anonymousreply 196August 7, 2024 2:13 AM

Still lasting…

by Anonymousreply 197August 23, 2024 9:28 PM

OP? Eight years and beyond.....

by Anonymousreply 198August 23, 2024 9:46 PM

r194: i really want her to expand the Supreme Court and break its far-right chokehold.

by Anonymousreply 199August 23, 2024 9:53 PM

[quote] How long this Harris hype gonna last?

OP: Until roughly 12PM Eastern time on Thursday, January 20, 2033, at the conclusion of President Harris' second term, when perhaps we will be swearing in a President-elect Tim Walz as her successor.

Clear enough of an answer for you? Kthx.

by Anonymousreply 200August 23, 2024 9:54 PM

[quote]Unfortunately, Fox News still massively outstrips any other news outlet. We’re getting the hype, but they are probably getting the California liberal, weak on the border and defund routine non-stop

As the saying goes, a lie will travel half way around the world before the truth gets it's boots on.

by Anonymousreply 201August 23, 2024 10:03 PM

We see a light at the end of the tunnel and we're running toward it. My favorite phrase from the convention is, "We're not going back!".

by Anonymousreply 202August 23, 2024 10:09 PM

[quote]We see a light at the end of the tunnel and we're running toward it. My favorite phrase from the convention is, "We're not going back!".

I wish they had that and a better "When We Fight, We Win" shirt in their merch store.

And throw in a Michelle "Do something!" and a "Kamala Harris for the People."

by Anonymousreply 203August 23, 2024 11:18 PM

What a stupid thread title OP, when the opponent has been a virtual cult leader since 2016. THAT is "hype."

by Anonymousreply 204August 24, 2024 11:30 AM

It's actually August, OP. Almost September, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 205August 24, 2024 2:29 PM

[quote]My favorite phrase from the convention is, "We're not going back!"

Loved Barack's spontaneous firm remark having mentioned you-know-who: "Don't boo - vote!"

by Anonymousreply 206August 24, 2024 4:08 PM

Just read of Oklahoma Public Schools' book-banning-related revocation of a teacher's license, and someone commented on "how 1950s" this was.

But there was no special book-banning for children then, though Americans couldn't get their hands on certain racy foreign tomes. Granted, even most adult books hadn't included language beyond Mailer's "fug," but my point, for the era, stands.

I could, as a child of 10 or so, check out of our public library any book I wanted to read. I remember "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" as one; "Hawaii" by Michener another. In junior high the book passed around was "Peyton Place."

I grew up to teach literature. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 207August 24, 2024 8:01 PM

R206 "don't boo - vote"... a golden Obama oldie first shared in 2012. Bringing back the classics.

by Anonymousreply 208August 24, 2024 8:04 PM

R207 there was such a thing called The Legion of Decency. They rated and "condemned " movies and books on behalf of the Catholic Church. I think that's where the modified movie ratings derived from the P, PG, PG- 13 and R ratings. And of course there had to be the absolute raunchiest for explicit content. I don't remember what it was . But books were not banned, except in sporadic attempts at local school boards who objected to To Kill A Mockingbird because of "rape." That kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 209August 24, 2024 10:13 PM

Forgot to say that every week the Catholic NEwspaper published an updated list. I was little but my mother checked that paper every movie for the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 210August 24, 2024 10:19 PM

R209, R207 here. I know full well. I am a Catholic. The list was posted in my church's vestibule and every congregant paid attention, not necessarily adherence.

TOTALLY IRRELEVANT TO MY POST, which is about government, not religion.

by Anonymousreply 211August 24, 2024 11:57 PM

Oh, and the list did not include books.

by Anonymousreply 212August 24, 2024 11:58 PM

Well, it's been a month since OP posted this thread and no, the excitement hasn't receded. It's gaining.

by Anonymousreply 213August 25, 2024 12:07 AM

I have had one of the Civil Rights Movement's anthems running through my head all damned day.

"Ain't gonna let nobody turn me around, turn me around, turn me around, I'm gonna keep on walkin'...etc"

by Anonymousreply 214August 25, 2024 2:08 AM

[quote]Well, it's been a month since OP posted this thread and no, the excitement hasn't receded. It's gaining.

So we know the answer is something more than one month.

by Anonymousreply 215August 25, 2024 4:08 AM

Four years, possibly eight.

by Anonymousreply 216August 25, 2024 4:12 AM

"We're Not Going Back," is a great way to reference and turn "Make America Great Again," on its head without directly mentioning it.

by Anonymousreply 217August 25, 2024 9:35 AM

I think there are coming stages that will show 1. continuing to build support 2. status quo 3. potential slipping of support

Post-convention bump keeps momentum going through Labor Day.

Traditionally Labor Day "full campaign begins" first week of September.

The debate week - Sept 10

The fed reserve lowering interest rates: Sept 17.

And then... early voting starts Oct 1, VP debate, second Presidential debate?, October surprise(s)?

by Anonymousreply 218August 25, 2024 3:04 PM

The campaign has raised over $540 million so far.

200,000 people signed up to volunteer during convention week.

Things look good to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219August 25, 2024 3:10 PM

R70 agreed. Whatever happened to Dem elites, replacing Biden with such a weak and incompetent candidate.

by Anonymousreply 220August 25, 2024 3:19 PM

How Kamala Harris is winning back California tech donors

As the Democratic nominee, the California tech world is returning to Kamala Harris’ side — if she can form a strong enough platform that speaks to their main concerns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 25, 2024 3:47 PM

Bernie Sanders: "Kamala Harris will 'win the popular vote by millions"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 25, 2024 3:54 PM

I was thinking about Obama's speech and how he was calling for an end to hate and division and doing the whole try to get along with your neighbor even if you disagree etc. and you know the more I think about it the more I feel like it's all platitudes and bullshit. for purposes of this campaign let's not get all evangelical. A lot of people can't stand their neighbors and the MAGAs are definitely not loveable. Fuck them. Talk about how we're going to deal with inflation and immigration, and gun violence and the environment. Talk about the economy all the solid kitchen table issues, but please spare me platitudes and bullshit. And the fact is the Republicans' ads are lies designed to scare people. So get some ads on TV telling people not to fall f or the lies. Tell people not to vote against their own interests.

by Anonymousreply 223August 26, 2024 2:54 AM

R223 You get to have your own personal, authentic analysis of culture, values, and intentions. But many in the country are just fucking exhausted with the social media-driven spitfire tribal ranting.... the "yeah but", "oh ya you guys..", fuck your brain and body noise that has dominated the Public Sphere for the last 8 years. What is "platitudes" to you is "a way out of this poisonous ack ack" for many. You do you. Let's just all vote to move forward though (Harris, dems), no matter what language motivates us.

by Anonymousreply 224August 26, 2024 2:25 PM

I'm ready to slap someone right now!

by Anonymousreply 225August 26, 2024 2:27 PM

I'm energized by a fighting spirit. Not the "Let's all try to get along!" I'm tired of "going high" and I am ready to kick ass. For me it means I am working to get out the vote, and possibly volunteering to work the polls. I will make phone calls too. I have never done any of those things, but I am ready to go this time.

by Anonymousreply 226August 26, 2024 2:30 PM

I am expecting an October surprise from the rethugs.

Maybe a few surprises ahead of that.

Kamala needs to have an interview - period-

This will still be a close race. But I think we can take it.

by Anonymousreply 227August 26, 2024 3:57 PM

[quote] For me it means I am working to get out the vote, and possibly volunteering to work the polls. I will make phone calls too. I have never done any of those things, but I am ready to go this time.

Do you live in a battleground state?

by Anonymousreply 228August 26, 2024 4:14 PM

R228 It doesn't matter where you live... you can get involved texting/calling battleground state voters from wherever you live.

by Anonymousreply 229August 26, 2024 4:47 PM

R228. I live in a battleground state. BIG battleground state. We gonna win!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 230August 26, 2024 4:50 PM

I've started seeing Harris Walz signs around town and the only Trump signs I'm seeing are the nutcases who've had them up since 2016

by Anonymousreply 231August 26, 2024 5:24 PM

The cracks are showing and the hype is fading. The Orwellian Brainwash campaign of Democrats being the party of JOY and Republicans all being WEIRD is not holding up.

by Anonymousreply 232August 26, 2024 8:14 PM

R232 Sweetheart the only crack apparent is the diminished trolling skills of MAGA and MAGA-adjacent. Truly, all over, for many of the last 8 years the creepy MAGA trolling has confused, agitated and unplugged a lot of normal Americans. But the quality of the trolling really is weak. I mean, you guys aren't even effective enough to be called "weird" anymore... just weary.

by Anonymousreply 233August 26, 2024 8:21 PM

They need better, fresh material, R233. Like every comedy act, this one is stale. It's like going to a comedy club in 2024 and the act opens with "Hey, what's the deal with sundried tomatoes?"

by Anonymousreply 234August 26, 2024 8:25 PM

R234 but WEIRD and brat are groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 235August 26, 2024 8:36 PM

R235 = example of the "past the shelf-life" attempts at trolling. The "oh yeah whattabout..."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 236August 26, 2024 8:58 PM

You ARE weird, R235. Doesn't your village have a bowling alley, a trailer park where you can fuck a cousin, etc, instead of posting your garbage here?

by Anonymousreply 237August 26, 2024 9:05 PM

Re: The September 10 debate:

Anyone who thinks the Vice-President is going to look dumber or weaker or in any other manner lesser compared to the deranged liar on stage with her, is as insane as he is.

She will call him a convicted felon to his face. She will mention his pending court cases. She will posit the question as to how anyone who cares about the law can in good conscience vote for him.

She will then ask how can such a person be trusted, especially when he conveniently changes his positions on important issues such as abortion: proud to have killed Roe v. Wade, yet now saying he will protect women's reproductive rights. Who is crazier: The candidate or the person who believes him today?

Laying a wreath at Arlington, yet declaring that the nation's highest honor isn't for our Armed Forces but for civilians. Calling our military "suckers and losers."

And so on.

by Anonymousreply 238August 26, 2024 9:14 PM

The doxyPEP brats are out in full force in defense of their Kween.

by Anonymousreply 239August 26, 2024 9:14 PM

R238 the “sucker and loser” story was made up by the far left media

Next

by Anonymousreply 240August 26, 2024 9:15 PM

Oh, it's so delicious witnessing this much desperation from our trolls!

by Anonymousreply 241August 26, 2024 9:16 PM

R241 I know! These Kamala Troll Kweens really think she’s going to win. 😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 242August 26, 2024 9:19 PM

R240 This is a direct quote by Gen John Kelley, Trump's Chief of Staff, traveling with him, when the comments were made after cancelling a visit to an American veteran's cemetery in France.

[quote]What can I add that has not already been said? A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all 'suckers' because 'there is nothing in it for them.' A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because 'it doesn't look good for me.' A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America's defense are 'losers' and wouldn't visit their graves in France.

by Anonymousreply 243August 27, 2024 2:04 AM

It will last as long as media can sell Sarah Palin as Marie Curie.

by Anonymousreply 244August 27, 2024 6:15 AM

R243. Thanks for that quote. THAT is a good example of what the Harris campaign should highlight, not constantly calling Trump and Walz “weird” Trump is a horrible and disrespectful person, and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 245August 27, 2024 12:01 PM

I meant Vance not Walz

by Anonymousreply 246August 27, 2024 12:02 PM

A lot of Trump’s supporters enjoy being thought of as rude and powerfully dangerous.

He’s disloyal, sniveling and untrustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 247August 27, 2024 12:10 PM

We need to guard against over exuberance. There may well be a stealth Trump vote out here. I will never forget "The Bradley Effect." Tom Bradley was the pretty harmless, first Black Mayor of Los Angeles back when the Mayor didn't have much real power in L. A. He was popular. "Everyone" loved him. Then, he ran for Governor. And again, well liked, popular, and the polls even made people believe it was possible he could actually get elected Governor of California. Until he lost. A lot of the people who said they would vote for him were too embarrassed to admit they would not vote for him, so they smiled and agreed that he was wonderful when the pollsters asked, and then voted for his opponent, Dukmajian, the Attorney General who won.

by Anonymousreply 248August 27, 2024 1:56 PM

[quote]. Kamala needs to have an interview - period.

Why? What value would it provide?

by Anonymousreply 249August 27, 2024 2:05 PM

R248 except Kamala is not even popular in the first place. The media is just hyping her like there’s no tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 250August 27, 2024 2:06 PM

She’s peaked. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 251August 27, 2024 2:09 PM

She is A force to be reconned with.

She is the pussy Trump cannot grab.

by Anonymousreply 252August 27, 2024 2:15 PM

R252 “Reconned” is a good word. Especially since she’s trying to con us after Biden already did.

by Anonymousreply 253August 27, 2024 2:18 PM

R247 "He's an unserious man, but the consequences of putting Donald Trump back in the White House as President are extremely serious." About sums it up for me. Nothing about him is interesting, or even entertaining anymore. He's a media performer who has snake charmed a lot of Americans.

I wonder what's the upside for posters like R250 and R251 and R252? Harris may not win (that's still a work in progress) but what's happened in the last few weeks is unprecedented in American politics.... and she has met the moment. Her convention speech was subtly, powerfully crafted and perfectly delivered. Kids, does she scare you? Maybe reflect on why? (Assuming you aren't MAGA tools/bots.)

by Anonymousreply 254August 27, 2024 2:19 PM

R248 That was 1982 and California was much more conservative than it is now. California might actually be the birthplace of libertarian conservatism. 40 years laters people do not feel racist about being honest of who they will vote for. Crime was off the chain in the 80s and then you add Reganomics. The moderate conservative attorney general, Deukmejian, was bound to win.

by Anonymousreply 255August 27, 2024 3:46 PM

R255 thanks for the context. The Bradley Effect was a cautionary tale told often by my father who was a local union official and a staunch Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 256August 27, 2024 4:03 PM

If anything, maybe the reverse will happen. The Trump get out the vote operations rely on intimidation. So maybe a lot of people are telling their MAGA neighbors "Sure, I'll vote for Trump!" but then they will do the exact opposite.

by Anonymousreply 257August 27, 2024 4:04 PM

This is probably a double liar situation with closet racists saying they’ll vote for Harris and scared of the neighbors/husband women saying they’ll vote for Trump.

And then there’s the young’uns who aren’t answering the phone at all.

by Anonymousreply 258August 27, 2024 4:09 PM

R257 Look that’s not true either. The truth of the matter is the country as polarized as fuck. It’s hard to pass meaningful legislation because it takes time for these things to have effects. Americans are dumber on average than the rest of the first world nations. Democrats suck at branding a message and even before Trump, culturally, conservatives have won white people for the next 2 generations. It’s all about branding. They could have spent the last 4 years explaining how inflations works and even publicly encouraging companies to create solutions to curb the problem. But no discussing the Orange maniac and tranny issues were more important. 🤷‍♂️

I bet money Kamala wins however. People are fed up with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 259August 27, 2024 4:12 PM

R259 Conservatives have won the culture war with the next two generations? Huh? They won the Supreme Court... but even Republicans are pretty evenly split on reproductive freedom. In the last 5 years or so there a lot data about Gen Z values and voting preferences (especially women). Even the Evangelical Base is losing young people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 27, 2024 4:19 PM

You'll have a list of her policies published and then you can kiss her ass since nothing can be gained by trying to get a word across in a shouting match with a screeching toddler throwing a temper tantrum. But keep fucking that chicken, trolls.

by Anonymousreply 261August 27, 2024 4:19 PM

R258 No one is lying to pollsters in 2024. Married people tend to vote alike. 90% of Magas are married to other Magas. This isn’t 1964 where Jane thinks she is going to be beat by drunken Billy Bob for voting liberal and a woman’s choice. Where the hell do you people live. And most certainly white people have become whole lot more publicly shameless about EVERYTHING. if they say they voting Trump, they mean it and they certainly aren’t lying for those stating they will for KH.

by Anonymousreply 262August 27, 2024 4:19 PM

Yes, that's why all those abortion votes in individual states failed when they were put on the ballot. Talk to kids on any college campus and see how the culture wars have been lost for generations. Incels and MRAs do not equal entire generations. And, in case you've been asleep for the past 50 years, women are no longer chattel of their husbands, can vote independently, look for jobs, and get credit cards and open bank accounts in their own name.

by Anonymousreply 263August 27, 2024 4:24 PM

R259 reread my post. I never said that conservatives won the cultural war. Conservatives won white millenials and I predict they will win white Gen Z, though by barely over 50%. Of course democrats are going to win the current adult population of Gen Z. But if you know anything about history as the complete generation of Gen Z whites become adults they will be conservative. Liberalism wins cultural wars, while people just pretend conservatives were not adamantly against the stuff we now recognize as either right or normal.

by Anonymousreply 264August 27, 2024 4:25 PM

[quote]the “sucker and loser” story was made up by the far left media media…

I don’t need to have that verified. I just have to remember what Trump said about John McCain being a POW - saying that he was a loser and that he wasn’t a war hero because he got captured. He doesn’t like losers or people who get captured…

by Anonymousreply 265August 27, 2024 4:45 PM

^and mocking his injury that he sustained during five years as a captive by saying he couldn’t lift his arm to vote yes. He actually physically mocked John McCain’s inability to raise his arm.

by Anonymousreply 266August 27, 2024 4:48 PM

Yeah, the "far left media" such as The Atlantic. Put that pipe down, troll...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 27, 2024 4:49 PM

R264 Polls show virtually no difference between Gen X and Boomers as to whom they support for president and how they feel about Choice etc. I think the "oh, people get conservative as they get older" is oversold as an idea.

by Anonymousreply 268August 27, 2024 4:51 PM

R268 That’s what I’m saying. Gen X got more conservative as it aged. Same with millenials. Because white young moderate people who lean left eventually become conservative. I wonder if sociologists have ever researched the link between America’s conservatism and its large ethnic/minority population. Unlike Western Europe in which the nations have been pretty much 90% one ethnicity, America has never been that way.

by Anonymousreply 269August 27, 2024 5:04 PM

[quote]but WEIRD and brat are groundbreaking.

R234 it was perfect because it tapped into the zeitgeist of the overall feeling towards MAGA that no one really was saying. It deflated their image of being “rude and dangerously powerful” as the poster said above. They are just - weird, and it’s ok to think so. Weird like RFK Jr. rushing down to the beach with a chainsaw to decapitate a beached whale to take its head back to study its skull - weird…. It diminishes them. So yes it was groundbreaking because in one fell swoop, with one perfectly place word, it upended the perception of what MAGA is thought to be.

by Anonymousreply 270August 27, 2024 5:16 PM

The Kamala hype will last until Dobbs is reversed and women retain bodily autonomy. This is greater than a Convention bump. It is a wave.

by Anonymousreply 271August 27, 2024 5:19 PM

More than 200 former Bush, McCain and Romney staffers endorse Harris:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272August 27, 2024 5:21 PM

[quote]More than 200 former Bush, McCain and Romney staffers endorse Harris:

I don't care what a bunch of people who supported someone who was responsible for 9/11, Katrina and the Iraq War think.

by Anonymousreply 273August 27, 2024 5:23 PM

[quote]but WEIRD and brat are groundbreaking.

Give me a break.

I much prefer Harris' "deeply unserious" tagline, it's more cutting and more intellectual.

I cringe that grown ass adults are using words that kids use everyday to bully their peers. Let Trump be the childish anomaly in a roomful of adults.

by Anonymousreply 274August 27, 2024 5:28 PM

Charli XCX Says ‘Kamala Harris IS Brat’ Wasn’t Meant as Political Endorsement: ‘I’m Not Bob Dylan’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275August 27, 2024 5:29 PM

R273 Hence we have an example of what Michele Obama called "the Goldilocks syndrome"....

It's a big tent... no one is "too impure" that we push them away. Fine tuned ideology can come back into full throated debate WHEN we win in November. Right now ALL Ameicans are invited to see Trump for the dangerous schlub he is, and now vote for Harris.

by Anonymousreply 276August 27, 2024 5:58 PM

[quote]Right now ALL Ameicans are invited to see Trump for the dangerous schlub he is

And here we have an example of the "Donald Trump is anomaly, and not a symptom of the Republican parties 40-year slow destruction of American Democracy" line of thinking.

This rationale gives us cutesy George W. photographs with "his pal" Michelle Obama and Ronald Reagan turned into a symbol of strength instead of the turning point for the rise of rabid conservatism in this country that has gotten us to a place where Project 2025 is seen as a possible reality.

[quote]Fine tuned ideology can come back into full throated debate WHEN we win in November.

"Can come back"? You're precious.

When did I start? I must have missed it.

by Anonymousreply 277August 27, 2024 6:16 PM

Hey Trump, you got people to hate a frumpy little Democrat because she was unlikable.

Having problems with a beautiful, hard-nosed female B'LACK prosecutor?

Trump, ya fucked.

by Anonymousreply 278August 27, 2024 6:19 PM

R264 Majority of blacks and latinos are more conservative than whites, they vote Dem for oportunistc, identitarian racial reasons, nor because of their convictions. They do it spite of and not because of Dem' s liberal policies.

Surely, they are not great lgbtqa supporters, firmly pro choice, feminists, against toxic masculinity, pro green economy etc. If there wasn't racial obstacle, they would be much closer to Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 279August 27, 2024 8:25 PM

The same for R269, who doesn't know what the word conservative means

by Anonymousreply 280August 27, 2024 8:31 PM

[quote]Majority of blacks and latinos are more conservative than whites

Not when it comes to slavery and loading onto trains for exportation.

Every Catholic Latino I know does not want their daughters to die in rape childbirth or have to carry a dead "baby" to term.

by Anonymousreply 281August 27, 2024 8:32 PM

Because their ancestors were the victims of the slavery R281. Doesn't mean that they care more about injustices and wrongs done to other ethnicities, for eg. Holocaust. On the contrary, there is much more anti-semitism in Black community than in others.

Re abortion, probably no conservative person imagines their own daughter being victimized because of abortion being banned but I doubt you know many devout Latino Catholics, because Catholic are probably the most die hard anti-abortion religion.

You just hate whites.

by Anonymousreply 282August 27, 2024 9:46 PM

Only white supremacist racist whites.

You know, Evangelical MAGAts.

Hate them I do.

by Anonymousreply 283August 27, 2024 10:07 PM

More than half of Harris donors had not given to Biden’s 2024 campaign:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284August 27, 2024 10:30 PM

[quote] If there wasn't racial obstacle, they would be much closer to Republicans.

You mean the deep seated racism sewn into the very fabric of the nation? That little obstacle? Gee-willikers if only America could find a way past that. That is the most “besides that Mrs. Lincoln, how’d you enjoy the play?” bullshit I’ve heard in this thread r279. I’d call you a prodigy because of how fast you learned to type considering you must have been born yesterday, with a comment as obtuse as that one.

by Anonymousreply 285August 27, 2024 10:45 PM

[qoute] On the contrary, there is much more anti-semitism in Black community than in others.

Your ass must have longhorns R282, because that’s a steaming pile of bullshit coming out of your mouth. Why would you even think that? Obviously you don’t know your history. Through slavery and up through Civil rights and now, Jews and blacks have always been bound together. Learn your history.

by Anonymousreply 286August 27, 2024 10:52 PM

Carole King to Speak at ‘Swifties for Kamala’ Kickoff Event

The first of a series of Zoom calls will take place on Tuesday night (Aug. 27) at 7 p.m. ET.

Carole King is officially joining the Swifties for Kamala kickoff call, according to event organizers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287August 27, 2024 10:53 PM

R286 you are either stupid or extremely ignorant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288August 28, 2024 5:31 AM

Btw.in the days of slaver, there have hardly been any Jews in US. You really learned your history R286

by Anonymousreply 289August 28, 2024 5:33 AM

R285 you have no reading comprehension. I have meant that there is a racial obstacle for voting conservative, I have never mentioned if the obstacle is an enormous one or tiny, real or imagined.

What I said is that most black people would vote for conservative options if they perceived them as black friendly. Many Hispanics already do. Many of these people dislike lgbt " agenda", are not in favor of gay marriage, not in favor of kids transitioning, want limited access to abortion, against illegal immigration, against green policies, against feminism etc.

It happens in other societies too. French Muslim immigrants are extremely conservative and strictly religios, yet they vote- far left. Because they percieve them as pritectors of their right. This is what I wanted to say. That minorities often choose liberal political options with which they don't share a single belief, except when it comes to the right and benefits of their communities.

If there have been more than two parties in US and if there have been a cobservative black party they would surely take majority of black vote.

by Anonymousreply 290August 28, 2024 5:48 AM

R290 the same could be said about white Gay men. What you’re saying is tantamount to the argument that if it weren’t for the gay part - gay white men would be conservative.

But as my granddad used to say in the face of such arguments - if I had ham I’d have a ham sandwich, if I had some bread. Meaning, it’s futile to make a point that has zero basis in reality and no possibility of happening. America will never be rid of the racial obstacle. It’s woven too deep into the national identity, since its founding.

by Anonymousreply 291August 28, 2024 7:00 AM

R289 learn your history. Some of the hero’s of the Underground Railroad were Jewish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292August 28, 2024 7:03 AM

R291 false parallel. I think that most white gay men tend to be liberal and are not voting Dems just because they represent their own rights, of course this is big motivation, but they largely accept big deal of liberal and Dem’s ideology. I would even say that white gay men are one of the strongest supporter of liberal policies along with secular Jews.

There are conservative gay white men, Log cabin type, particularly wealthy, older men, but they would not touch Dem party with a stick.

by Anonymousreply 293August 28, 2024 7:21 AM

R293, What??

by Anonymousreply 294August 31, 2024 10:08 AM

R290, And if this were the Moon I'd weigh a lot less.

You clearly are not American (spelling, grammar, syntax). Since the Warren Court of 1954, Liberals have passed Civil Rights laws to help Black Americans, so to even write the words "conservative black party" is to be ahistorical as all get out.

by Anonymousreply 295August 31, 2024 10:22 AM

r295: she's also r289:

[quote]Btw.in the days of slaver, there have hardly been any Jews in US. You really learned your history

by Anonymousreply 296August 31, 2024 10:33 AM

[quote]How long this Harris hype gonna last ?

Getting back to the subject of this thread...January 2029, minimum.

by Anonymousreply 297August 31, 2024 10:50 AM

R293 is 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 298August 31, 2024 11:07 AM

R295 confirming once more that self pronunced liberals are the greatest bigots. Your denounciation of my non Americanism seems downright fascist. As for not allowing possiblity for black people to be conservative is racist. What does it mean the fact that liberals were fighting for civil rights. Do blacks owe them eternal gratitude and their votes for that.

by Anonymousreply 299August 31, 2024 12:34 PM

So what you're saying r299 is that a lot of black people are assholes who want to vote for the Republicans, the party of assholes, but gosh darn it, the bigotry of the Right Wing isn't just directed at gay people, and trans, and women who think they're equal and immigrants. Egads, it's also directed at black people.

Well, okay then. If that's what it takes for assholes not to vote like assholes, well so be it. Of course, it might be better for everybody to think, gee maybe if my civil rights are important, other people's civil rights might be important also. That would be a step up for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 300August 31, 2024 2:39 PM

Lots of trolling today. A long weekend, there'll be a lot of these fools around.

by Anonymousreply 301August 31, 2024 2:42 PM

[quote] Some of the hero’s of the Underground Railroad were Jewish.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 302August 31, 2024 2:55 PM

It's not just that the Dems were fighting for civil rights for blacks, jews, gays, women. It's that republicans were fighting AGAINST those rights. Republicans are nearly always on the wrong side of history.

by Anonymousreply 303August 31, 2024 4:24 PM

R300 I wouldn't call people assholes because of their political views, but do you really believe that majority of black Americans are firmly for gay and trans rights, gay marriage, gender equality and against patriarchy?

by Anonymousreply 304August 31, 2024 4:49 PM

If you're homophobic you're an asshole r304. If your political views are built around which groups do and do not deserve equality and civil rights, you're an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 305August 31, 2024 5:11 PM

It is not just African Americans, the same happens with other ethnic minorities, like Muslim immigrants and their children in Europe. Even though they are probably the most conservative people there (much more than African Americans), they vote for the left, even far left (in France). They see left as their protectors, though they probably don't agree on a single matter with them. It is the most artificial and silly liaison.

by Anonymousreply 306August 31, 2024 6:57 PM

R306 Another angle at it: immigrants (especially the groups you are identifying) are often a country's lower socio-economic groups. The Left appeals to lower socio-economic groups. It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 307August 31, 2024 7:08 PM

Exactly r307. It's not an "artificial and silly liaison." It's old coalition politics. Are you willing to set aside some of your idiotic, faith-based bullshit and bigotries to actually help yourself financially, or will you cling desperately to your hatreds and help the party of the rich take even more than they already have?

by Anonymousreply 308August 31, 2024 7:22 PM

Nope, the left appeals to upper middle class hipsters and minorities. They are mostly identitarian neoliberal "left". Blair's Labour and German Social democrats have been economically more to the right than conservatives. When Merkel from a Demochristian party took over, she was passing bills to return some of the worker's rights. Conservatives are sometimes more populist.

French far left has chased the working class away into the Le Pen's arms. They are the identitarian left party of Les Bobo (hipsters) and Muslims. They call them Islamo gauche.

by Anonymousreply 309August 31, 2024 7:24 PM

R308 I understand their motivation. I stated that this is how ethnic minorities vote, for the option that they see as protective, thoug they share no other values. But I still find it silly and unnatural. As in case of radical islamists voting for the party that promotes gay marriage and woman's rights. Though normally Le Pen would be too liberal for them.

by Anonymousreply 310August 31, 2024 7:32 PM

Europe may be different, at least some of it, but in the U.S. the "populist" Right like every other part of the Right is all about whoring for the rich. There is not one tiny little chance that any rich person will have less or any poor person will have more in the entire scheme of American wingnut politics. Job One is always a massive tax cut primarily for the rich. Job Two is let corporations fuck over their employees and the surrounding community and even the entire planet as much as possible.

The rest is largely about distraction. Get the "useless eaters" and the struggling middle class to turn on each other for whatever reason you can cram into their addled heads, preferably something nasty or racist or sexist or "religious." And in religion, always go for stupidity, superstition, and generally the most fucked up versions of Christianity you can, as a means of keeping the hatreds and divisions going. Keep those morons distracted while the rich and a few favored politicians steal everything in sight. The fact that the American Right is now the Trump Cult tells you everything you need to know about their real beliefs and goals.

by Anonymousreply 311August 31, 2024 7:44 PM

[quote]the left appeals to upper middle class hipsters and minorities.

Bullshit, The Right has gone so far fascist that the traditional left is now Centrist Democrats.

That is why progressives are not bitching about Biden/Harris/Walz.

by Anonymousreply 312August 31, 2024 8:15 PM

West Virginia has one of the country's worst voter turnout records. Will this election be different?

The state had the second-lowest citizen voting rate in the 2020 presidential election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 31, 2024 8:18 PM

And the lowest number of teeth per capita.

PER CAPITA! HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 314August 31, 2024 9:13 PM

Well, Liberals aren't trying to impose White Christian Dominion over this nation and its citizens. Republican White men are.

R304, Aside from the meaninglessness of anyone's not being "for" something that is the law of the land, you deny Black Matriarchy?

by Anonymousreply 315August 31, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote] Getting back to the subject of this thread...January 2029, minimum.

Wow, so she’s going to be another Stacey Abrams and Beto O’Rourke?

by Anonymousreply 316August 31, 2024 9:48 PM

Hi, troll @R316! How is the lonely, long weekend with lots of booze and no human intimacy going?

by Anonymousreply 317August 31, 2024 9:54 PM

R316 and not fuck up the census.

by Anonymousreply 318August 31, 2024 10:32 PM

R309 The "white working class" is what you mean. But the conversation was about immigrants. The immigrant working class were not Pen fans. Are not.

by Anonymousreply 319September 1, 2024 12:14 AM

R319 I meant working class in general. The fake left doesn't care for working class issues. They deal with identitarian issues.

by Anonymousreply 320September 1, 2024 6:00 AM

R319 and left doesn't pander to all immigrants, nor all the immigrants vote left. Not to the Chinese or Indian ones. They don't make the left's voting force. It panders to Muslim and African immigrants specifically.

by Anonymousreply 321September 1, 2024 6:14 AM

^Could we get back to the US? Go create a French political thread if you want to discuss the complicated situation in France.

by Anonymousreply 322September 1, 2024 10:07 AM

I haven't had so many DL trolls on ignore since the BLM protests in summer 2020 and the failed coup of January 2021.

by Anonymousreply 323September 1, 2024 10:28 AM

The hype is over. She had her momentum, like Trump after the shooting, now they are egal. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 324September 1, 2024 12:45 PM

Trump's "momentum" after the shooting was negligible r324

by Anonymousreply 325September 1, 2024 12:46 PM

It was short term true. It was forgotten when Biden was replaced by Kamala.

Kamala's hype lasted more than a month, but now it is over. Now it is old news and nobody is thrilled about Kamala's youth (compared to others) or her being nice or polite. Now it has become old news and the real battle is starting.

by Anonymousreply 326September 1, 2024 12:52 PM

I think people need to turn off the fucked up corporate legacy network news shows and get out here and help mobilize the vote. We know what we have to do. There's nothing to discuss. The entire ticket top to bottom. BLUE. We saw what happened when we lost the House and Mike Johnson and his shit for brains Republicans controlled it. We know about Project 2025. Nothing Harris proposes is controversial. Tax cuts for working and middle class people, child tax credit, environment, infrastructure, raising the Federal minimum wage, from $7.25 an hour, lowering healthcare costs, insuring reproductive freedom, voting rights, and signing a realistic immigration bill ? Biden did a lot of good. She will do even better. All the Republicans can do is attack. They propose nothing good for the American people. The case has been made. Believe what they do not what they say. Nothing the networks produce matters one bit. Dana Bash had a golden opportunity to really talk substance, and she blew it reciting Republican talking points. Fuck all of them. They're Trump-drunk.

by Anonymousreply 327September 1, 2024 1:18 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 328October 9, 2024 10:37 PM

Got my hat this past week

by Anonymousreply 329October 9, 2024 11:23 PM

[quote]It's not just that the Dems were fighting for civil rights for blacks, jews, gays, women. It's that republicans were fighting AGAINST those rights. Republicans are nearly always on the wrong side of history.

R303 Governor George Wallace of Alabama who stood in front schools preventing black children from entering, one of the staunchest bigots, Jim Crow supporter and segregationist of all time, was a Democrat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330October 11, 2024 6:53 AM

The hype has ended and it seems people are really taking a look at her. Her interviews have been uneven. Walz hasn't turned out to be the partner she hoped he'd be. Trump seems to be gaining momentum in the swing states. 25 more days to go.

by Anonymousreply 331October 11, 2024 7:18 AM

[quote]The hype has ended and it seems people are really taking a look at her.

How unfortunate that MAGAts are too goddamned stupid to really take a look at him.

by Anonymousreply 332October 11, 2024 7:23 AM

We know they aren’t going to take a look at him r332, that’s the point, that’s what we are up against. You have to just vote down party line and let the dust settle after. That’s what it’s down to.

by Anonymousreply 333October 11, 2024 8:42 AM

R331, I said all along, Harris should have picked Andy Beshear. But no...

by Anonymousreply 334October 11, 2024 9:22 AM

The hype has ended, and it seems people are really taking a look at her.

Her interviews have been uneven. ***Her interviews have been SOLID.***

Walz hasn't turned out to be the partner she hoped he'd be. ***He's better than Brown Shirt Vance.***

Trump seems to be gaining momentum in the swing states. ***Please put down the crack pipe, Boris, Ivan and Evgeny.***

25 more days to go. ***Agreed***

by Anonymousreply 335October 11, 2024 10:34 AM

r330 You sound just like those people who say the US is a republic, not a democracy.

Open a fucking book now and then. You can start right here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336October 11, 2024 10:45 AM

Did you even read what you posted R336 or were you just revelling in the blinding light of your "Gotcha" moment?

This is the comment I was responding to...

[quote]It's not just that the Dems were fighting for civil rights for blacks, jews, gays, women. It's that republicans were fighting AGAINST those rights. Republicans are nearly always on the wrong side of history.

I am no republican, but you can't whitewash history either. And at least be informed on your own party so as not to walk into traps where being wrong about one thing wipes away everything you are right about, when talking to certain people.

If you read what you posted R338 it says the Dixiecrat party was formed in 1948. But the democratic party itself was very much on the wrong side of history starting back in the 30s when it didn't want any Civil Rights to be included in the New Deal. So you can't say Dems were fighting for Civil rights when there is a clear point in history when they were fighting AGAINST it as well.

This was before the Dixiecrats of 1948....

[quote]In the 1930s, a political realignment occurred largely due to the New Deal policies of President Franklin D. Roosevelt. While many Democrats in the South supported substantive economic intervention, civil rights for African Americans were not specifically incorporated within the New Deal agenda, due in part to Southern control over many key positions of power within the U.S. Congress.[5] Supporters assumed control of the state Democratic parties in part or in full in several Southern states. They opposed racial integration and wanted to retain Jim Crow laws and other aspects of de jure and de facto racial discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 337October 11, 2024 2:51 PM

I only say that R338 because I walked into the same trap, thinking Dems Good, Republicans Evil when it was pointed out to me that Lincoln was a Republican (i know the party isn't the same now) and George Wallace was a Democrat (which he was, he wasn't just a Dixiecrat - he was an elected against a republican on the democratic ticket).

by Anonymousreply 338October 11, 2024 2:55 PM

I meant R336 above...

by Anonymousreply 339October 11, 2024 2:56 PM

Yes the Dems in the south became for the most part gop after Johnson and the voting rights act. At one time the Dems owned the south.

Then cities in the north major cities had school bussing issues based in race and real-estate issues that became racial . For the most part the whites fled and for the most part, other than some of the gays who also fled, they stared to vote Republican.

Of course folks along the border have problems with poor immigrants coming across the border and they appear racist and norther liberals think that is bad right up u til a few bus loads of poor immigrants are brought to their neighborhood to be housed.

These type of issues are never going away and they will fuel the gop for decades to come.

by Anonymousreply 340October 11, 2024 4:27 PM

[quote]The hype has ended and it seems people are really taking a look at her. Her interviews have been uneven.

Do you think we are 12 years old or as seriously stupid as you.? All the rest of us remember multiple men how were nominated for and sometimes won the presidency who frequently sounded like absolutely morons. (Many of them were, but some were not). This list would include the following.

Trump Both Bushes John McCain Joe Biden Ronald Reagan

Trump speaks nothing but stupidity. Both Bushes had regular magazine articles summarizing their weekly bizarre and stupid statements and both had their minds wonder bizarrely during debates. I didn't include Gerald Ford, but he of course made one of the stupidest statements of all time in a presidential debate. Reagan made any number of truly bizarre and ill-informed statements in public.

Of any candidates to run in the last 50 years, I would consider only Obama and Bill Clinton to be as sure-footed as Harris has proved to be.

Sorry, we are not as stupid or as uninformed as you,, but nice try.

by Anonymousreply 341October 11, 2024 5:24 PM

^minds wander

by Anonymousreply 342October 11, 2024 5:27 PM

I was young at the time, but was Bush Senior really dumb? I mean he was the head of the CIA. That's not like an ambassadorship to the Netherlands. The rest I would agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 343October 11, 2024 5:58 PM

R343. He wasn’t an absolute idiot, certainly. How bright he really was is questionable. He did hold some important positions, but they were largely appointed positions, and he came from a prominent family (his father was a senator).

What is largely undisputed is that he very frequently sounded like an idiot. The New Republic ran a weekly column of “Bushisms” to collect his stupid and inscrutable statements. You can still find a book of them on Amazon.

That is why I find the denigration of Harris so exasperating. Like every person whose every word is analyzed, she has of course said some silly and meaningless things. Nonetheless , she would never be able to compete for sheer oddity and frequency of stupid utterance with most of her recent predecessors. It’s truly bizarre the different standard she is held to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344October 11, 2024 6:17 PM

Was Bush, you know the one who was a US Navy combat fighter pilot at 17 the youngest pilot in the navy at that time, the potus who had an uncle eaten by cannibals during ww2 , or am I getting my potus and their silly statements all confused ?

by Anonymousreply 345October 11, 2024 6:41 PM

Yes, R345, you are confused (and confusing).

by Anonymousreply 347October 11, 2024 7:41 PM

[quote]Until about two months after she looses.

Says the idiot who doesn't even know how to spell "loses."

by Anonymousreply 348October 11, 2024 10:15 PM

How many Maga are actually registered? How many will show up to vote?

by Anonymousreply 349October 11, 2024 10:19 PM

To any Republican here: First of all, GTFO. and that is not "Get Out the Vote." Yes, the Party called "Democratic" was not praiseworthy BACK IN THE DAY.

BUT "THE DAY" IS NO MORE, FOR YOU TRUMPTARDS TO LEARN.

You had Lincoln. Fine. NOW YOU WAVE THE GODDAMN CONFEDERATE FLAG, YOU POS.

You fight still for "STATES' RIGHTS," so that American citizens cannot actually BE "American" but rather have the rights only of a citizen of their particular state/Commonwealth. E PLURIBUS, PLURIBUS?

I don't want to hear about George Wallace, who at least came to Equality Jesus before he croaked, when YOU have NOW, AS WE SPEAK, the incomprehensibly reprehensible DONALD (WAS A) JOHN TRUMP in all his vile racist, misogynistic, xenophobic (as IF he cares about the US! Don't make me larf! He simply hates foreigners, all foreigners.), treasonous, mendacious, demented, Fascist self as your CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT.

A candidate who, having BEEN President, STILL has just a "CONCEPT of a health-care plan" (Sure, Jan. He lacks even that.), but knows precisely how he intends to locate, round up, intern (concentrate?) in camps, and deport MILLIONS of people living here even for years, because somehow their citizenship status bugs his filthy arse.

A candidate who praises to obsequiousness Putin, while presenting himself as "anti-war" simply because he, Trump, would allow Putin's troops to, quite literally, conquer NATO Europe. Now, why? Trump's hope, as I read the tea leaves, is two-fold: First, and along with giving Putin our Top Secrets, Trump hopes to erase his enormous personal debt to Russian oligarchs of over a billion dollars; and Secondly, Trump in his vanity and even naivete hopes to then share in the wealth looted from Europe as the oligarchs bled Russia.

Every single aspect of Donald Trump's nature , every single millisecond of his life, every single cell in his corpulent frame---is consumed with money. To beg, borrow, AND steal. There is no actual human being, no "there" there.

Trump praises only himself. If he even tangentially was connected to something, he's now the best who knows the most about it, ever. He is fundamentally incapable of praising another, unless he feels it would also make himself look good.

He not only has no respect for laws, either of man or God; he behaves as though he is unaware of their very existence. And IF laws exist, they certainly have no bearing on anything he thinks or does, because he is Trump. Thus, punishment for HIS law-breaking offends him to his core. Punishment for others---the innocent; women; children; political opponents---delights him no end.

As a candidate, Trump offers to Americans a hatred of others; an indifference to tyranny; a fictional world of lies, threats, poverty, and the "Deep State" of conspiracies that Democrats seek to take by force their guns, gas stoves, gasoline-powered cars, Bibles, and right to say, "Merry Christmas."

Nothing uplifting. Nothing to improve their lives or their families' lives.

Only PROJECT 2025, a monstrous in every way plan to DESTROY this country's achievements, many of which exist to PROTECT us. The MEDIA HAVE LET AMERICANS DOWN BY NOT MENTIONING THIS DOCUMENT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Can you say "FEMA"? I thought you could. Right now, as in, as you are reading this, there are thousands of Trump supporters being aided by FEMA, while having no idea (because, ignoramuses by definition, DUH) that PROJECT 2025 would eliminate FEMA. Good luck with those future hurricanes if your boy Trump wins.

And of course, the plan is to significantly reduce the regulatory powers of Federal agencies, if not to eliminate the agencies in toto.

This is Trump. Should he win, we will learn that "dystopia" isn't just a term from Science Fiction.

So don't talk to me of George Wallace or Dixiecrats, mmkay?

by Anonymousreply 350October 13, 2024 12:21 PM

I hope you feel better r350. You really put your back into that one.

by Anonymousreply 351October 13, 2024 12:26 PM

It was worth it, r351. And that was my "Don't get me started" version. I didn't even get into the felonies! 😈

by Anonymousreply 352October 13, 2024 12:29 PM

R352 I can feel the shift away from trump and toward Harris with every post you make. Far too long for me to actually read, but I can feel the shift anyway.

We need more strident posts on DL. We need to fight back.

by Anonymousreply 353October 13, 2024 12:35 PM

I think you are preaching to the choir R352. And I am even R330, R337, R338. I have never not agreed with anything you mentioned. I have already voted, my ballot has been received. My district of all places is Butler, PA. I am just a stickler for knowing history and not whitewashing it. Because that is the only way you can speak your truth and not get caught up in a lie. Because once the opposition gets a hold of a "mistruth" THAT becomes the main story.

It's not always been Dems Good / Republicans Evil. So don't even bother saying it, because you will go down a rabbit hole with them. That was my original point. But that doesn't matter now, like you said. The past doesn't matter now. What matters now is the Dems are the ones trying to save the country and the Republicans want to take it back into some dark age. THAT is what is important now. And that's why everyone has to vote and why I got my overseas ballot in as soon as I could.

by Anonymousreply 354October 13, 2024 12:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!