Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Am So Sick Of Ben Meiselas & His YouTube Channel Meidas Touch

I started out loving him and his YT videos. But it was become painfully obvious his main objective is to make as much money as humanly possible. I don't think he's even practicing law any longer. He posts far too many videos every day and every one of them paint imminent doom for Donald Trump at any second. He exaggerates everything. Trump makes a post on his social media network and capitalizes some words and Meiselas translates that into 'TRUMP IN A BLIND RAGE AND ON THE VERGE OF TOTAL COLLAPSE'. Yeah, we all know Trump is mentally ill, but he'll probably be around for quite a few more years, if we're unlucky.

I see what they're doing now. They're doing whatever they can to keep their viewers always coming back day after day to see if Trump's imminent collapse and doom has happened, only to find out it's just another day of same ol' same ol.

I'm already on an emotional roller coaster over what's gone wrong with this country and I have high hopes for Harris//Walz. But I'm rational enough to know that the worst that could happen might just happen. And it terrifies me to think of what the future will be like if Trump wins. Meiselas and his YT channel are not helping me at all. In fact I believe they're making it worse.

Obviously I need to unsubscribe from his and all the other anti-Trump YT channels and try to forget about it as much as possible and wait for the outcome. There are days when I think if Trump wins I will likely have a heart attack (I'm 71) and die, which may be for the best. I don't want to think of living in another Trump America.

Sorry for the rant. Just had to get it out and off my mind.

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2024 3:11 AM

Now is the time for me

I'm grateful, you set me free

Baby one good turn deserves another

Now is the time for you

Pray our dreams come true

Could not see the world around me

You were my world!

But now I keep inside my heart a Brave New Hope!

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2024 2:48 PM

Sounds a lot like David Pakman. Is Meiselas's content any better?

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2024 2:52 PM

YouTube is full of clickbait content creators. It's not just them. I enjoy their stuff in moderate doses, but I certainly don't watch every video.

by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2024 3:00 PM

R2 I think David Pakman is more rational in his approach. He does not inundate the internet with YT videos.

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2024 3:03 PM

OP- Both that channel and Bryan Tyler Cohen. Its all of those clickbait titles and endless Trump is going to lose"updates"- but its all bullshit. The worst part is it makes me think Trump will 100% lose.. I love the guys/ channels other than the clickbait so I did the youtube feature that stops the updates.

They get me TOO pumped up and I don't think its reality.

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2024 3:07 PM

I agree but I think most youtubers have become so greedy because they didn't realize they could make a damn good living doing this and the more money they make the more money they want.

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2024 3:09 PM

We got time

Oh, baby, there's no rush!

Gonna be a better day for us!

Hang on

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2024 3:10 PM

At least he is fighting. All you are doing is complaining.

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2024 3:10 PM

OP seems to be new the concept of "capitalism."

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2024 3:15 PM

Clutch those pearls MARY!

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2024 3:18 PM

I trust BT Cohen a little more than Meiselas who is obviously just hoping his endless "Trump Has a a Meltdown On Stage" bullshit videos have gotten tiresome.

Lately, my feed has been clogged by Luke Beasley. He's a cute (gay) kid, but his "interviews" with trump fans always verge on the cruel. Yes, they are uninformed idiots. We get it. Don't make me feel bad for them because you are poking fun.

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2024 3:20 PM

I still watch him, but op is right. A lot of his content has become repetitive and unimportant. I find myself exiting the video before it’s half over. The worse are blow by blow narratives on a trump speech.

He’s up to 3 million subscribers, now. I started watching before he had a million. The guy works for his money, especially now that he recently got married.

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2024 4:23 PM

Most YouTubers are grifters. It's all clickbait garbage.

by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2024 4:52 PM

I still watch some of Meidas Touch videos, but I am more selective and approach them more judicially now. At least half of them have exaggerated click-bait titles or descriptions, and maybe half of them are just slight variations of what they posted same or previous day. They best part may be a small cameo appearance by the hot brother, Jordan Meiselas (middle in photo)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 31, 2024 2:09 AM

The more you say the less the better

by Anonymousreply 15August 31, 2024 2:15 AM

Op needs to get out of the news silo

by Anonymousreply 16August 31, 2024 2:37 AM

Ben does have a tendency to haul up every Trump embarrassment and re-remind you of it, when presenting the latest.

The Legal AF podcasts from the network are worth following.

I agree, spots from brother Jason are the highlights.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2024 10:50 PM

I agree OP, they post so much repetitive clickbait. And they will recycle the same stories over and over making you think there’s some new scoop every time. I unsubscribed a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2024 10:53 PM

I said something similar here on DL a couple years ago and got my ass jumped with a threatening "watch who you're talking to and who you're talking about." First time I had deal with a freaky troll going through my post history. I gave up on MTN when they started pushing that scam of group investing in paintings. Every video pushed a sponsor and "Buy our merch! Buy our merch!".

If you're looking for someone who explains legal happenings in layman terms, try Harry Litman and "Talking Feds".

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2024 11:07 PM

I don’t listen as much as I used to either. It’s too much like “X did Y and you WONT BELIEVE what happened next!”

Also he does three or four short 20 minute podcasts and then one hour-and-a-half podcast that recaps the previous short ones. Every day.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2024 11:17 PM

I only watch his channel because his baby brother is so cute. But most of them are all about the clickbait. David Pakman and Jesse Dollemore are the only two that I can tolerate anymore. Luke is too smug and condescending and Brian Tyler Cohen is a terrible interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2024 11:25 PM

I definitely do not watch as often as I used to. Yes, screaming clickbait headlines, repetitive content, or just irrelevant. I forget which brother is which, but the one who is doing more lately is better. What annoys me is how they claim they are a "network" that does "reporting." They report based on what they glean from other sources. And now, Ben is recording from this dark room and he's in low light. He's morphed into Chuck Schumer with his droning. Popok is mostly good except I don't need the "After Dark" videos.

I stopped watching the Pod Save guys a while back because how they all loved Bernie and didn't like Biden. And a few years ago, I think Lovett was on drugs or something. But he seems much better, maybe since he no longer has to deal with the Ronan drama. I still like Favreau and Pfeifer. Anyway, I'm back to watching Pod Save America but not the World.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2024 11:35 PM

I'm with you R17, love Michael Popok and his crew of lawyers on Legal AF. Good in-depth analysis of Court briefs etc

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2024 11:43 PM

Its worse than ever- I unsubscribed from this one and that Jonathan Taylor Thomas or WHATEVER that cute little dark haired guy's name is.

I now check in with both once a week to see what I want to watch-

Every video is basically over dramatized click bait that does not mean shit (and that other channels report on better and without the clickbait)

TRUMPS DONE! TRUMPS DONE! TRUMPS DONE! EVERY FUCKING VIDEO SAYS THIS-

The cute brown haired boy does have good interviews though- I watched one today with a cool politician from CA, and it was great

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2024 11:45 PM

I watch this one on YouTube and it’s pretty funny. These women don’t take themselves too seriously. It’s relatable at least to me, their perspective of being liberals in a red state and the exhaustion that comes with that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2024 12:10 AM

I kinda crush on Glenn Kirshner though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2024 4:43 PM

OP - Here's the solution: instead of bitching on DL, don't click on their " clickbait." Actually no one cares about what you think of them, so stay away from their channel and live in peace.

by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2024 5:06 PM

I'm not the OP but who appointed you the hall monitor, R27? Many people here are voicing their opinions on the YouTube channel and how bad it's gotten. You should take a bit of your own advice and stay away from this thread and live in peace. Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2024 5:26 PM

Oh, the old " hall monitor" shit. Laughable.

by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2024 5:30 PM

Old doesn't make it wrong. Keep laughing, you rancid, cockswaddling cunt.

by Anonymousreply 30October 17, 2024 5:32 PM

R25 Yes! I love those two batty old bitches. They remind me of DL'ers.

by Anonymousreply 31October 17, 2024 8:42 PM

They'll all have to switch to covering Trump's sporadic court appearances if he loses. Whereas FOX gets to badmouth Kamala for four years.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2024 12:49 AM

Yes Fox will be the biggest winner if Trump loses. They can bash Kamala for 4 years straight. All the anti Trump guys will just become less important.

by Anonymousreply 33October 18, 2024 1:25 AM

I can’t take much of that channel (Meidas) or YoungTurks. Their whole schtick is delivered with an air of pompous self-righteousness.

Pakman is a lot higher tier, but I dialed way back on his stuff the recent couple years for the sake of my own mental health.

Kyle Kulinski is great - I think he’s probably the most underrated commentator in the left-of-center YouTuber space. He avoids corporate sponsorships, so he’s less of a revenue generator machine for himself and sponsors. Dude cracks me up pretty often and I can understand why Krystal Ball got married to him.

by Anonymousreply 34October 18, 2024 2:38 AM

Yes that channel became overwhelmingly tacky and repetitive. But Jordy is adorable and I would lick his shitter and drain his dick with great pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2024 2:41 AM

I had to stop watching their videos because they mostly consist of Trump clips and I can’t stand to watch him.

by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2024 2:44 AM

I understand and somewhat agree with the comments about Ben, but I still want to fuck him...

by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2024 3:10 AM

Youtube is just like ebay. It started out unique and one of a kind. After a few years people were realizing how much money this site was bringing in for those participating. Then others started jumping on. Now it is getting so overloaded it is annoying like Meiselas. It YT was smart, they would limit how many videos you can post a week or day but they won't because they are making so much money and I can feel they have gotten greedy because they didn't realize how this was going to work. I'm so sick of the commercials because they haven't discovered how to place them properly and with the amount they are raking in they better get it straightened out.

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2024 3:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!