Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kate Winslet working the Oscar stroll with "Lee"

Hand her the damn Oscar now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2024 3:13 AM

Based on the life of.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2024 9:31 PM

Kate always does a good job.

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2024 11:22 PM

Kate Winslet IS Robert E. Lee!

by Anonymousreply 3September 6, 2024 12:10 AM

Breathtaking! She absolutely deserves an Oscar for it, based on the preview.

by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2024 12:19 AM

She did the most elegant self portrait of all time, hiding the shutter cord in the drapery of her clothes so she could click when she wanted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2024 12:40 AM

I just watched the film, it is excellent. Very moving.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2024 5:42 PM

The film was ok, standard biopic fare with some clunky bookending, and Kate does her generic American accent which tells you she's American. Some good set pieces but to borrow the phrase about another actress, click click click.

It was nice that she let Andrea Riseborough and Marion "Kate Weeeeeenslett" Cotillard shine in their small roles.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2024 6:41 PM

Is Kate playing Harper Lee, Michele Lee, Brenda Lee, or Peggy Lee?

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2024 12:15 AM

Anyone else surprised to see Andy Samberg in a dramatic role? R7, how was his performance?

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2024 12:23 AM

Adam Sandberg brings some depths to the Nazi scenes.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2024 12:33 AM

I saw this film 4 times at the Toronto International Film Festival, 2 public screenings and 2 press & industry screenings, from 4 different spots in the theatre, on purpose. Discovered new important details & distinctions each time.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 12:35 AM

Kate is a great actress. I am only a tiny bit tired in advance of the upcoming months oscar thirst.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 12:37 AM

Not only do I deserve to win, I deserve to have the win pre-agreed upon.

None of these last minute “Frances mcdormwnd for Nomadland” wins for me!

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2024 1:36 AM

Poor Kate. She would have been a shoo-in had her performance included maniacal piano playing and having hot dogs for fingers.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2024 2:06 AM

Lee Miller was a fascinating person who lived an extraordinary life. I highly recommend Carolyn Burke’s biography of her. It is a riveting book. Kate’s resemblance to her has always been strong and people have been talking about her playing Miller for years. I was surprised it finally happened, but seeing the trailers for this left me cold. I had zero interest in paying to see this in a theater.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2024 3:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!