Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View — Part 30

The new set, the new studio, the new green opening, and the dreadful lack of a peppy opening tune.

DREADFUL. Have at it!

by Anonymousreply 252October 16, 2024 3:56 AM

Previous thread.

Please fill it up before posting here. Thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2024 8:07 AM

They need to get Woopi a telescope to read the teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2024 3:33 AM

Why do they read off of the cards when they have a guest. Don't you think they should get an idea of the question before and look at the person to whom they are speaking? Sunny is the worst at this, followed by Joy.

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2024 4:53 AM

Jackson's story is all over the media - they're going to have to cover it.

Here's what Sunny will say:

This weekend, I had to go to Cornell University to have the difficult conversation with my baby girl, Paloma about Janet Jackson's comments on Vice President Kamala Harris. As I expected, it was the topic of conversation among female students of color on the campus, so I decided to gather everyone around me on the quad and address this issue amongst all the female students of color on the campus grounds. I said:

"As we all know, Janet Jackson was once a powerful inspiration in the Community of Color, back in the 1980s when I was just your ages and attending a Historical Black College. I would hang on every word she said, like when she declared, "Ain't no acid in this house" on her Rhythm Nation album. I truly believed she wasn't taking acid, and it was wrong for us women of color to even think of doing so - even though sister Whitney was dropping acid at the time.

But that was a long time ago. Today, she's a washed up has been - a former shell of the popular, successful woman of color she once was. What went wrong ? Some say it happened 20 years ago, when she showed the world her big nipple ring on her tittie at the SuperBowl. She spiraled out of control. Others say its when she had to stand next to her lily white niece and nephews at her brother Michael's funeral in 2009, wondering 'Who the fuck are these white kids and why in fuck are they getting Michael's fortune ?' Some say it's when she gave birth to the baby we have yet to see, at the age of 53. I don't know for sure.

But I do know she's not the powerful voice of the community she once was. Her remarks on Vice President Harris is further proof girl's gone and lost her mind. It's time Kamala had a sit down with that girl and told her to 'Tell it to my face'. "

So that was the end of my conversation with these young ladies, I told them I wouldn't be taking any questions, and that's all I'm going to say about it here on the show.

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2024 4:57 AM

Fake hair. Too much makeup. Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2024 5:02 AM

Here's what Joy will say:

Michael was white, too?

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2024 11:42 AM

Janet was the first topic out of the gate. Whoopi said Janet made a mistake, we all have made mistakes and we need to “show the girl some grace”.

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2024 3:16 PM

Except Janet hasn’t apologized.

Did Whoopi mention Janet recanting that apology?

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2024 3:24 PM

I don’t think it was mentioned that the apology was recanted R8. There was no mention of the fact that the guy who took it upon himself to do it was fired. One of the women towards the end said Janet is still grieving the death of her brother, leading Whoopi to remind us to give Janet grace.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2024 3:37 PM

Joe Biden will be on the show on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2024 3:47 PM

First time a sitting president will be live on the show. Obama was pre-taped.

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2024 3:48 PM

To say I hate-watch this show would be an understatement at this point. Whoopi plays celebrity apologist "because here's the thing, you know, I too have made mistakes, and you don't feel like apologizing when everyone's coming at you." Fuck off, Whoopi.

I have an idea Whoopi, why don't you first learn the topic at hand before you open your big ignorant mouth. She was obviously alluding to her Holocaust debacle, but just like Janet you both opened your big ignorant mouths on a worldwide platform and spewed misinformation. You also mispronounced Kamala's name. Fucking stoner is sounding more like Huggy Bear by the day.

They need to give Whoopi a pulpit, set in a corner at the far end of the set where she can spew her chastising moralistic bullshit while the other co-hosts get on with the show. She always speaks as if she's the final authoritative word on every subject. She's had three failed marriages yet felt the need to write an advice book on relationships. I'm just so sick of her. She brings every conversation to a grinding halt and is completely unfit to moderate this show.

Sunny says Kamala is black because she says she's black and Sunny knows such things because she too is multi-racial, and she can identify any way she wants. Well Sunny, if it's ever discovered one of your kids has some genetic disorder specific to a certain race or ethnicity you may want to rethink your juvenile and delusional perception of what makes up race and ethnicity.

VYD Music: Another genius idea except not.

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2024 3:54 PM

Just so long as you watch it.

Just so long as you hate post here.

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2024 3:58 PM

LOL, I'll take that as a thumbs-up, R13.

I've been watching this show since it premiered in August of '97. I stopped intermittently during the Rosie Perez "I know nothing except to talk about boxing." era ie year. A Whoopi pick. Then Jenny McCarthy era ie year and I hated the idiot from The Cosby Show. (another Whoopi pick, of course because she's an idiot) paired against Candace Cameron. Two former child actors in a cage match between liberal and conservative talking points. Ridiculous choices.

Meghan was the worst of the worst of the worst, and I can't believe she lasted as long as she did. (Another Whoopi pick. Because. Again. SHE'S AN IDIOT.)

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2024 4:50 PM

The show is always on in my chemo clinic waiting room. I watched it in the Star Jones era, which sucked quite a bit, but it;s now unwatchable. Sunny is stupid and vain, never a good combination. Whoopi is just stupid. Jooy needed to retire 10 years ago, The two Republicans was not even remotely interesting. Put this turkey out of its misery.

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2024 7:23 PM

Dear me--change that to Joy needed to retire 10 years ago. The two Reoyblicans are not even remotely interesting.

I need to get something to eat.

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2024 7:25 PM

Whoopi who was a speaker at yesterday’s NYC fundraiser for Harris, once again mispronounced Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2024 7:49 PM

R11 - Pre-Taped is redundant. Same for Pre-Recorded. An event is Live, Taped or Recorded.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2024 8:03 PM

Here’s the Janet Jackson segment if you’re interested.

Whoopi did mention the guy being fired, but didn’t go into it. I agree with R12, Whoopi needs to be seated at the far end of the set to spew her “chastising moralistic bullshit”. Her saying that Jackson is not a “political” person doesn’t fly, and it’s not an excuse for Jackson to spew misinformation. If you don’t know or don’t care to know what’s happening or what’s at stake, then keep your mouth shut Miss Jackson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2024 8:46 PM

Here's what I learned from their discussion about Janet Jackson's controversial statement:

1. Ana - shockingly - made the most sense. She came down hard on Jackson, holding her totally accountable for the statements she made in an interview she knew was going to be made public. Amen.

2. Alyssa - Janet is iconic, and the blame is on the algorithms of your social media, so we can't blame Janet if she was repeating this misinformation which appeared on her social media because of the algorithms. And she's iconic. So there.

3. Sara - She backed up what Alyssa said: It's all about the algorithms and what you read on Facebook, so don't believe everything you read on Facebook because of the algorithms, because you know - the algorithms. (She said nothing at all about Jackson, how irresponsible she was, about her 'non apology' or the consequences of the staff member who was fired.)

4, Sunny - She reminded us she is the only multi-racial host at the table (lest we forgot), and she decided to give Jackson's statement 'no air' - this enabled her to kiss Kamala's ass more, as she unashamedly angles for a position on her team in January. So sorry - no mention of Jackson or the guy Jackson fired.

Whoopi - She gets to tie it all up, and let's us know that Jackson can not be held responsible for what she says for a number of reasons: 1) She's not a 'political animal' 2) She's a busy girl 3) She's in mourning. Ana asked (off camera) if Jackson had a phone where maybe she could fact-check before she said Harris wasn't black, and Whoopi scolded her - Janet is a busy girl, and she's in mourning ! We all make mistakes - and we need to go easy on her. (Just like the way Janet easily fired her team member for issuing an apology on her behalf ?).

by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2024 12:07 AM

We also got to hear from Kristen Bell today. She relayed how she knew Dax Shepard was “the one” when he took the gum she had been chewing and put it in his mouth.

Whoopi asked, “what flavor?”, and Kristen said she had been chewing it for a while so the flavor was gone.

by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2024 12:20 AM

That Jackson clip is awful. Whoopi and Sunny can fuck off. You just did a whole hot topic last week on Taylor Swift's BFF (whom no one gives a shit about) and her political views and how it affects her relationship with Swift. You also did a segment on Taylor Swift's endorsement and how it changes the political game. Now all of a sudden, a musician's political views don't matter? And it's not worth the airtime to discuss it?

And has anyone on that panel mentioned Shirley Chisholm ONCE since Kamala has been nominated? You know, the first black woman who ran for President, who opened doors for Kamala? Sunny constantly acting like Harris is the first black woman "let into these spaces" is incredibly disrespectful to that women's legacy and all the doors she knocked down.

Also, this producer clearly wants to become a name in his own right, hence those wretched podcasts he now does and puts online. You are not Barbara Walters, dear, so please stop. Work on rectifying this shitshow first.

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2024 1:20 AM

R22, Shirley is dead, so she is of no use to Sunny.

Here is a bit of a NYT article on this debacle brought to you by Janet Jackson: " Mo Elmasri, who said he was Ms. Jackson’s manager, issued an apology on Sunday in which he said her statements were “based on misinformation.” Ms. Jackson, he told BuzzFeed, “respects Harris’s dual heritage as both Black and Indian and apologizes for any confusion caused.”

After the statement was repeated by other news media outlets, representatives for Ms. Jackson issued a statement to Variety, saying that Mr. Elmasri was not her manager and was not an authorized spokesman. They told Variety that Randy Jackson, one of Ms. Jackson’s brothers, is her manager."

"Ms. Jackson’s representatives did not respond to requests for comment, and neither she nor her representatives appear to have tried to distance themselves from her statements about Ms. Harris."

What is her fucking problem? Just apologize already.

by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2024 2:07 AM

R23 She's not apologizing for what she said - she obviously believes it is true, and she stands by this. Which is why Ana was the only one who had the cajones to call her out on this. She knew exactly what she was saying.

Screw the 'algorithms' and all the other excuses the other three women were trying to make 'happen' this morning - Jackson knew damn well what she was saying. The worst excuse was that she was in 'mourning' over the death of her brother last weekend. Fuck that - she could sit for an interview while 'in mourning' ? Most people would postpone, and it would be understandable.

by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2024 2:12 AM

R24, this is some Trump level bullshit. It reminds me of Obama's birth certificate where he felt compelled to release his actual birth certificate in order to silence the mob. Now the non-believers will expect Kamala to take a DNA test in order to prove her ancestry. Jackson must be a Trumper or one of the dumbest people alive. Interchangeable really.

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2024 3:23 AM

Which is why Harris ignoring it as failed Trump Play Book, is brilliant.

Kamala don't play that.

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2024 4:23 AM

Should I be surprised that Whoopi defended her ? I'm more curious if she did it with Janet's permission. We know what happened to El Marosi when he tried to save her ass with an apology.

by Anonymousreply 27September 24, 2024 11:54 AM

Okay but how can we pin this whole “Janet thinks Kamala isn’t black” thing on Justin Timberlake?

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2024 12:09 PM

Today’s guest Michael Eric Dyson spoke about calling out Nancy Mace for mispronouncing Kamala. I hope he took a moment off camera to correct Whoopi’s constant mispronunciation of the same.

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2024 4:03 PM

Whoopi now yelling at the camera chastising us for blaming Taylor Swift for Kelce's lackluster performance on the field. I don't blame Taylor, Whoopi. I don't care about Travis Kelce, his team, their record or anything else to do with them. So kindly shut the fuck up and stop yelling at the viewers. Honestly, she sounds like a drugged-out bag lady yelling at passerby on the street.

Uzo Aduba was the only black child in her class. That's why you're referred to as a minority. You're in the fucking minority. Hear that, Sunny?

Michael Eric Dyson on Congresswoman Nancy Mace: "I didn't call you a racist." Congresswoman Nancy Mace: Yeah, you did.

On Mark Robinson: "White supremacy by ventriloquism." So, Kamala's the smartest woman in the world but a 56-year-old black, seasoned politician who spews hate is being controlled by whitey? Sure thing, pal.

Now he's blaming every single tragedy ever befallen a person of color, women, Hispanics, and Asians on white evangelicals.

I've come to the conclusion I'm just too damn white for this show. This is DEI hell, and I've had enough.

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2024 4:04 PM

Yes, the yelling today throughout the entire show was too much. I’m a committed Harris/Walz voter, but I’m at my breaking point with this show. I’ll watch tomorrow’s show with Joe Biden, but after that if I have time to watch tv, I’ll watch Jennifer Hudson’s show.

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2024 4:16 PM

They didn’t talk about Michael flirting with the same woman he slammed as a racist?

by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2024 5:06 PM

Sunny said that 'black women are the most educated demographic' in the nation.

Sunny also said a few weeks ago that 'no black men' are voting for Trump, even though latest stats show at least 25% of registered black men is voting for Trump, and the number keeps growing. So where is Sunny sourcing her info from ? She never says.

And if Sunny really believes Black women are the most educated - how does she explain Janet Jackson ?

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2024 8:56 PM

Yes R32, the king of deflection deflected to race as usual and declared he was the victim and this was another case of white bigotry by saying, "the black brute seeks the innocent white woman" and these idiots just smiled and agreed. He said what was once considered a compliment is now considered harassment. He also said misnaming (don't you mean mispronouncing?) Kamala is racist. Trump refers to Gavin Newsom as "Newscum" is that racist?

He actually says white Christians hate themselves and have not forgiven themselves for the past. Who, slaveowner Christians? How many living Christians does this idiot think have ancestors who owned slaves in this country?

He also lied when he said the only people who received reparations after the Civil War were white slave owners. Whoopi has said on the show her ancestors received reparations. Yet she just sat there and said nothing to correct his statement.

Thrice married preacher? Yeah, you're "a child of God" He's so full of shit. He's just as divisive as Trump he just wraps it up in a pretty rhyming preacher's bow and pretends he wants unity between black and white. No, he wants complete submission. He's Sunny sans vagina. Race on the brain OCD 24/7. And to top it all off it looks as if he's wearing a cheap hairpiece.

Bonus: At the beginning of the clip, around ten seconds in it sounds as if Whoopi (cushion) is once again true to her name or it could be a chair moving. For the sake of the co-hosts, I hope it was the latter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2024 9:01 PM

[quote]He actually says white Christians hate themselves and have not forgiven themselves for the past.

I caught that. And Sara Haines and Alyssa Farrah Griffin - two white Christian women - said NOTHING ?

Imagine if a white man on the show said black Christians hate themselves ?

by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2024 9:05 PM

On the Harris/Trump debate Dyson said, “I ain’t seen no Haitians eating dogs but I saw a black woman eating a white ass on television”.

How these dumb-as-rocks hosts who pose as liberated, enlightened feminists let this go by without comment is a mystery. His comment was disrespectful to Harris.

by Anonymousreply 36September 24, 2024 9:30 PM

R36 I caught this, too. They laughed like this was the funniest thing they ever heard in their lives - and Whoopi and Sunny laughed the heartiest. He was disgusting. I have a feeling he didn't sell many books with home viewers.

by Anonymousreply 37September 24, 2024 9:47 PM

R36, R37 I didn't care for that comment either. I found it be crude. He also said Kamala is not petty then followed it by calling Trump an orange apparition. So very Christian. How can they not see through this guy? I suppose they don't want to. You can see most of his comments are prepared and it's noticeable when he has to stop for a split second to recall his latest 'off-the-cuff' riff.

Like I said in an earlier post, I just can't relate to this show anymore. Whoopi was wearing a Biggie t-shirt yesterday and the other co-hosts were complimenting her. An ABC show under the News Division and the moderator is proudly wearing a dead criminal on her chest. I don't know when the inmates took over the asylum (Yes, I do it was after they fired Barbara and Bill Gedde) but if this is the direction cuckold Brian wants to take the show, so be it, but I won't be watching because I'm obviously no longer their target demo.

by Anonymousreply 38September 24, 2024 10:47 PM

[quote] Like I said in an earlier post, I just can't relate to this show anymore. Whoopi was wearing a Biggie t-shirt yesterday and the other co-hosts were complimenting her.

I thought that was Ben E. King. I could've sworn she said it was 'Ben'.

by Anonymousreply 39September 25, 2024 12:49 AM

Do yourself a favor and don't watch this garbage. I refuse to listen to multimillionaires complain about being second class citizens or reformed Trumpettes pretend to be moderates.

by Anonymousreply 40September 25, 2024 3:01 AM

R39, that was my post. It was Biggie.

As for my recent rants, I apologize I've just reached my limit with this latest iteration of The View. '

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 25, 2024 10:28 AM

r40, go away Trollerina.

by Anonymousreply 42September 25, 2024 10:54 AM

I’ll be skipping today’s show with President Biden. Those idiots are not worthy of him.

by Anonymousreply 43September 25, 2024 2:24 PM

Will Sunny bring up Marcellus Williams on todays show?

by Anonymousreply 44September 25, 2024 2:35 PM

Will the ladies ask President Biden why he couldn’t eat white ass during his debate with Trump?

by Anonymousreply 45September 25, 2024 3:04 PM

Thanks for letting us know R43. I’ve adjusted the post show snack and spirit order to reflect your absence.

by Anonymousreply 46September 25, 2024 3:06 PM

The best part of today’s show was the audience and the appreciation they showed for President Biden.

Once again, Whoopi mispronounced Kamala, this time as “camel-ah”.

by Anonymousreply 47September 25, 2024 4:28 PM

R 42, I'm not a troll if I say this show is a waste of time. I hope Biden was treated well. Can't imagine why he appeared there.

by Anonymousreply 48September 25, 2024 9:12 PM

He is on the farewell tour before he has to call out the National guard and FBI to arrest Georgians who will not certify the federal election. Insurrection Pt2.

by Anonymousreply 49September 25, 2024 9:54 PM

I was confused by their discussion of the filibuster. Alyssa said she thinks we need to keep the filibuster because should the Republicans get in again, they will use the '51 Vote' for getting parts of 2025 into law. Sunny said she disagreed with her, gave the history of the filibuster and how it was used in a nefarious way over the years. Then she said we should keep it ? Was I hearing her argument correctly ?

by Anonymousreply 50September 25, 2024 11:26 PM

You heard right, R50. I was more amused by her prepared written statement with her impassioned delivery as if she were trying to impress Biden while also auditioning for a post in Kamala's administration.

In reference to Manchin's refusal to endorse Kamala, did you notice Rochester replies "Well, we ain't endorsin' you, How 'bout that." Then Joy said, "Manchin is gone anyway." Meaning he is leaving the senate at the end of his term in November and will not seek re-election. Whoopi - I can't be assed to research and keep abreast of the news even though I'm moderator of a politically centric nationwide talk show then replied -" Yes, he's gone a whole other way". She doesn't know what she's talking about. Ever. Meanwhile ass-kisser Joy shakes her head in affirmation "yeah."

How much do I hate this show? Much. Very much.

by Anonymousreply 51September 26, 2024 7:12 PM

They didn't even the cover the first mayor who has been indicted in NYC history? Like seriously? Not even a mention?

Instead, we get a ridiculous ten minutes on Melania's interview?

This show is really becoming the FOX news of the left.

by Anonymousreply 52September 26, 2024 9:10 PM

I was just about to post the same thing, R62. Here it is, lol.

No mention of Mayor Eric Adams even though it's an international story. ABC, CBS and NBC pre-empted or interrupted regular programing in order to broadcast his press conference. But The View considered Melania's FOX interview much more important for the opening Hot Topics slot.

by Anonymousreply 53September 26, 2024 9:12 PM

Sorry, I meant R52.

by Anonymousreply 54September 26, 2024 9:13 PM

[quote]r51 = How much do I hate this show? Much. Very much.

This restaurant is horrible, every mouthful is poison. And they give you such small portions!

by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2024 9:17 PM

Most of the show was pre-empted for the Adam's indictment for the East coast. There was just five minutes or so of the Melania interview, and then it came back for Sykes interview - and that was that.

by Anonymousreply 56September 26, 2024 9:32 PM

That's not an excuse. They've been preempted many times before and they will discuss the story that's pre-empting them. A hot topic is supposed to be what's hot.

This show has been weirdly out of sync with what's trending on social media and everywhere else in recent years. Quite a few topics they will either ignore or discuss it days, or even weeks after it trended.

The West Wing segment was taped. They should have bumped that and put the Adams story with Melania's interview.

Amateurish. Barbara Walters must be rolling over in her grave.

by Anonymousreply 57September 26, 2024 9:43 PM

Well, it may be because he's a Democrat but going by their aversion to cover certain stories I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there is one reason and one reason only, why they won't cover this story. Can you guess from the photo provided?

Mayor Adams at his press conference earlier today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 26, 2024 10:12 PM

Is that Cissy Houston peering behind his shoulder ?

by Anonymousreply 59September 26, 2024 10:17 PM

Oh look, R55 is back and ready to resume his nobody asked for it, bitchy little hall monitor position in this thread.

R59, that's Hazel Nell Dukes. She's 92 and was at one time a president of the NAACP. She was yelling at the crowd to shut up. Such is the state of our society in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 60September 26, 2024 10:22 PM

Why was Hazel yelling at the crowd to 'shut up' ? it was an outdoor press conference that attracted a crowd of reporters - what was she expecting ?

by Anonymousreply 61September 26, 2024 10:55 PM

In the crowd there were some very vocal opponents of the mayor who were yelling at him to resign. One man in particular was calling him a disgrace to black people. Just another day in the city.

Here's Mother Duke's segment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 26, 2024 11:11 PM

So those at the press conference yelled out at him and showed their disgust (as they have every right to, as he represents them) and if they want to yell 'resign' and other comments, so be it. She yells 'shut up!' to them ? It was a press conference just for his supporters ?

Oh what a circus !

by Anonymousreply 63September 27, 2024 1:31 AM

Absolutely nothing on Mayor Adams again today. Just a dismissive throwaway line from Joy about him pre-empting them yesterday. Super immature line delivery, Joy.

Alyssa tried but could only use him as a quick example, along with other politicians who seek office in order to fill their pockets. This was their lead Hot Topic which was centered around Melania (again, how relevant) and Trump monetizing the Presidency.

I suppose the fact the three major networks made this their number two story behind a quick update of Helene means nothing to this politically centric show.

by Anonymousreply 64September 27, 2024 3:59 PM

I think the video that they showed in the first segment in Trump selling his shitty merch would make a good campaign ad for Harris.

by Anonymousreply 65September 27, 2024 5:24 PM

R65, he actually had them cut up the suit he wore in his mugshot in order to sell off the pieces. There is no low bar for this guy.

by Anonymousreply 66September 27, 2024 5:55 PM

[quote]he actually had them cut up the suit he wore in his mugshot in order to sell off the pieces.

How naive are you, r66.

by Anonymousreply 67September 27, 2024 6:10 PM

You are wrong, sir. He did indeed sell scraps of his suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2024 7:22 PM

Nobody sat and cut that dam suit into little pieces, r68.

by Anonymousreply 69September 27, 2024 7:26 PM

That's the least believable part of the story for you, R69? Hiring someone to cut up a suit is not the issue. That this asshole found a way to monetize his mugshot is the issue. One on many with the former POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 70September 27, 2024 8:51 PM

If the suit scraps don’t smell of McDonald’s and farts, they are not from his suit.

by Anonymousreply 71September 27, 2024 10:19 PM

[quote]That this asshole found a way to monetize his mugshot is the issue

I didn't say it wasn't, r70. I'm saying the grift was even griftier.

by Anonymousreply 72September 27, 2024 10:37 PM

R72, you mean he probably ordered bolts of the same fabric, cut it up and sold it while claiming it was from the original suit? Yeah, that crossed my mind.

by Anonymousreply 73September 27, 2024 10:54 PM

[quote]you mean he probably ordered bolts of the same fabric, cut it up and sold it while claiming it was from the original suit?

Well, to be fair, Eric needed something to do that he couldn't fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 74September 27, 2024 10:55 PM

[quote]Well, to be fair, Eric needed something to do that he couldn't fuck up.

I can't even imagine what that would be.

by Anonymousreply 75September 27, 2024 10:58 PM

[quote]I can't even imagine what that would be.

Cutting up fabric. And since Barron's favorite color is blue, he could help, since he's living at home with mom and has no social life.

by Anonymousreply 76September 28, 2024 3:38 AM

Ana has a good looking special on Latino Voters

Great insights.

by Anonymousreply 77September 30, 2024 12:09 AM

Betcha tomorrow on 'The View', Whoopi will call Kris Kristofferson her 'friend' who always had the best weed at his house and say he was one of the original bad asses in Hollywood.

Sara Haines and AFG will just stare at her with smiles (since they don't know who he is),

Ana will mention a Cuban singer / actor whom she's friends with, and Sunny will subtly suggest he was a racist, somehow.

by Anonymousreply 78September 30, 2024 1:34 AM

R78, they won't even bother. It will be just another throwaway as they break for commercial. Just like they did with Dame Maggie on Friday. Unless Whoopi has some sort of ass-kissing photos of her with Kris then by all means it will garner segment time.

by Anonymousreply 79September 30, 2024 2:16 AM

Whoopi was in a bad mood today. Did someone take her weed away?

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2024 7:16 PM

R80 Whoopi was sick. She sounded terrible, and looked terrible. Maybe she has 'the Covid' ?

I won't be surprised if she's off the rest of the week.

by Anonymousreply 81October 1, 2024 12:23 AM

Whoopi was on fire today - and I have to agree with her: the media needs to stop calling Trump "Mr. President". He hasn't had that title in four years.

by Anonymousreply 82October 1, 2024 11:57 PM

Mr. Piece of Shit doesn;t have the same ring.

by Anonymousreply 83October 2, 2024 12:53 AM

They never mentioned Kris Kristofferson's death over the past weekend. I wonder if they will mention John Amos' death ?

by Anonymousreply 84October 2, 2024 11:48 AM

I went to their YouTube channel, and they had a separate clip for the big memoriam for Dame Maggie. It is 20 seconds in length. Their priorities are so screwed sometimes. Because a Reddit Rip-off segment on who the bride uninvited from her wedding is so much more relevant and timelier than the passing of one of the greats in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 85October 2, 2024 1:48 PM

I’m sure Whoopi will Whoopisplain about John Amos’s career achievements. Sunny will then remind us about Good Times’ and representation of black families in the ‘70s. Joy will then joke about how he’s having “good times” up in heaven now. Alyssa will mention his stint on The West Wing and Sara will smile politely. If Ana was there she’d regale us about how she once attended an event with Gloria Estefan, John Amos, and Pope John Paul II.

by Anonymousreply 86October 2, 2024 1:51 PM

I can’t wait to hear them discuss the debate. Alyssa and Sara will give a fair analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate’s performance. Sunny and Joy will rant about Vance lying while overpraising Walz. Whoopi will offer dumb platitudes to cover for the fact she couldn’t be bothered to actually watch the debate.

by Anonymousreply 87October 2, 2024 2:48 PM

LOL, spot on, R87. I enjoy listening to Alyssa and Sara's take on a topic because I feel they have the ability to see both sides and to fairly assess and critique each topic with an open mind.

I'm so tired of these impassioned idiots who believe if you are not in lockstep with your party's platform, you're a traitor of the highest order.

by Anonymousreply 88October 2, 2024 3:20 PM

What happened to Christie? I tuned in to hear his thoughts on the VP debate.

by Anonymousreply 89October 2, 2024 3:44 PM

Compilation In Memoriam. Whoopi "dips her dread" to Dame Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 90October 2, 2024 3:54 PM

Raven Symone will be 39 in a couple of months. Poor woman really 'peaked' in her maturity at the age of 16, and really hasn't grown beyond that. It was such a frustrating interview to follow along with, due to her (obvious) ADHD, and the fact that she can't stay focused on what's being said.

And that poor creature Jason Wu - looked so uncomfortable being there trying to hold a Garage Sale.

by Anonymousreply 91October 2, 2024 9:44 PM

Someone needs to tell them to turn down the damn music during their VYD segments. You can't hear what they're trying to shill. They need to dump that cuckold Brian and bring someone in who knows how to produce a show and wrangle these out-of-control egos.

by Anonymousreply 92October 2, 2024 11:21 PM

Whoopi is being extra passive aggressive with Brian lately..

by Anonymousreply 93October 3, 2024 12:43 AM

Raven is a god damn mess! She has ptsd? No gurl, WE have ptsd from your ignorance! Glad that she has a new show I’ll never watch.

by Anonymousreply 94October 3, 2024 1:21 AM

What’s the story of Brian and his wife? This gets mentioned a lot.

by Anonymousreply 95October 3, 2024 1:35 AM

R92 You actually watch the VYD segments ?

by Anonymousreply 96October 3, 2024 11:48 AM

R96, I usually watch it live so I see the VYD. I do, however, mute the volume when VYD starts. I used to lower the volume, and it was just like background noise. With the new season they start the segment with very loud background music, and it runs throughout the segment.

As for today's show, Joy made a mistake using a Trump quote in the wrong context in reference to Pence. No one corrected her. And why does LeVar Burton merit two segments? Yes, please do talk about Sunny's ancestors being slave holders and slave traders. Yeah, sure. So painful yet she's laughing.

by Anonymousreply 97October 3, 2024 3:54 PM

Has Sunny paid reparations to the descendants of her ancestor’s slaves yet?

by Anonymousreply 98October 3, 2024 4:05 PM

The first thing Sunny said when she revealed her ancestors owned slaves was that people should stop pestering her about reparations because she still believed in them. And then she hasn't brought reparations up again since.

by Anonymousreply 99October 3, 2024 4:07 PM

And she won't bring up reparations should Kamala get elected.

It's been fun watching her go from someone who defended "Defund the Police" and constantly brought up the true, racist overtones of the US law system to someone who now cheers prosecutors and boasts about our legal nation.

I have no idea where she stands on anything with the exception of abortion, which she has always been against, even in cases of rape and incest. Charming, right?

by Anonymousreply 100October 3, 2024 4:17 PM

I still want her to explain how her Catholic faith makes her against abortion but she's okay with gay and trans people.

by Anonymousreply 101October 3, 2024 6:20 PM

Joy also brought up John Amos on the first LeVar segment and said, 'he died this week'. NO, he died months ago. His death was announced this week.

by Anonymousreply 102October 3, 2024 9:07 PM

You gays should be glad my fat daughter isn’t sitting in the corner on a tottering stool; makeup and hair done by an asylum escapee; screeching some ill informed opinion in a muumuu at Joy and Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 103October 3, 2024 9:26 PM

I clicked on the podcast with Joy instead of today’s episode by mistake. I stayed with it. Joy is more entertaining on her own, sharper too. Hard to believe she’s 82, it’s like she stopped changing at 55.

by Anonymousreply 104October 3, 2024 9:41 PM

Joy celebrated her 82nd birthday today, and guest Nathan Lane (he must be the new 'go to gay guy' when they have no other guest to fill the seat, taking over for Mario Cantone) was there to celebrate with the women. For her birthday, he brought her an older male stripper named 'Jake' who looked to be a reject from 'Chippendaeles' from the 1980s, had a terrible chest / torso (wasn't muscular or defined at all). His dancing consisted of him flopping on the stage like a seal. It was awful - and he did an encore at the end.

Sara was giddy and actually got out of her chair and hid behind Ana, as though she was 13 (she's 47). No wonder they got her dancing female basketball players for her birthday a few weeks ago.

To finish the celebration, they held an 'auction' to raise money for Joy's favorite charity (a woman's shelter), and what they auctioned was crap they had lying around their homes. And I do mean crap. They followed that with Oprah's favorite lapdog Adam Glassman shilling more skin care shit in their View Your Deal birthday edition - for Joy.

No birthday cake for Joy - just a horrible male stripper. (If you're going to hire one, hire a gay millennial guy to do the job).

by Anonymousreply 105October 5, 2024 1:43 AM

I don’t watch the View for that shit. I tune in for the first couple segments and when they have a guest, I tune out.

by Anonymousreply 106October 5, 2024 3:42 AM

R106 I usually do the same (unless I'm really interested in the guest later in the show, which is rare). However, I stay tuned to see if Nathan Lane would talk about 'Monsters' (he did), and how they were going to celebrate Joy's birthday.

by Anonymousreply 107October 5, 2024 1:41 PM

So candidate Kamala Harris is scheduled to be on the show this week. Let's see:

1. Sunny kiss her ass, as she auditions for a role in her administration. I say she wears the 'short blond wig' we see in the opening clips, and even the dark green suit.

2. How many times Whoopi manages to mispronounce her name.

3. AFG auditioning as well, reminding Harris she already has four years experience in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 108October 6, 2024 2:17 PM

I guarantee Sunny mentions that she and Kamala were part of the same sorority. She seems obsessed with this completely meaningless connection. And never brings it up about anyone else besides Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 109October 6, 2024 2:59 PM

I have always wondered - since Sunny is a big proponent of HBCUs, and graduated from one herself, why didn't either of her children follow in her footsteps ?

by Anonymousreply 110October 6, 2024 3:06 PM

R110. white envy.

by Anonymousreply 111October 6, 2024 8:14 PM

R111 Maybe, I doubt she would ever admit her kids have white envy, though.

by Anonymousreply 112October 6, 2024 8:24 PM

R112, I was referring to Sunny. She personifies the term Helicopter Parent so I would think she would be deeply involved in her kids' choice of university.

As for white envy maybe it's more about emulation. Years ago I saw a 60 Minutes report where they interviewed wealthy black people. One woman said she sent her daughter to the orthodontist for braces (not that she needed the correction) because when she was a kid all of the white kids whose parents were considered affluent wore braces. I suppose it's an individual's personal perception/world view of what they consider to be some weird benchmark for wealth and prestige.

Today's show is dragging and disjointed as usual. It's comforting to know Matt Gutman still has the ability to highlight and gel his hair during wartime.

Kamala tomorrow. I suppose Ana, ass-kisser extraordinaire will be present. I wonder if she'll bring up her appearance at the DNC while Sunny sits there with that plastered smile on her face.

VYD.

by Anonymousreply 113October 7, 2024 3:59 PM

I guess they're running low on guests who can kiss Whoopi's ass this week. Whoopi had to bring up the fact she was nominated for an Academy Award twice, and that her mother showed up the first time, not the second time - and the cohosts had to kiss her ass over this.

Since they haven't had any guests kissing her ass for over a week, I have a feeling Whoopi threatened to to be a 'no show' this week if producer Brian Teta didn't arrange something for this morning.

by Anonymousreply 114October 7, 2024 9:03 PM

In light of the death of Cissy Houston, Whoopi has less than 17 hours to practice saying her name correctly and to concoct a story about their special connection.

We probably won’t have to worry about her mispronouncing Kamala tomorrow, as I am sure she will default to calling her Madam Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 115October 7, 2024 9:17 PM

Whoopi finally learned to pronounce Kamala’s name just in time for her to appear. However, she still doesn’t understand how health insurance works and wants the money back if she doesn’t use it. As if she needs it. Sunny also went on a long rant about elder care and how her mother was rejected due to a pre-existing condition. Again, as if Sunny can’t just pay for her mother’s health care on her own.

by Anonymousreply 116October 8, 2024 3:51 PM

Sunny “defund the police” Hostin also sang Kamala’s praises as a moderate and former law enforcement. Then Whoopi tried to take credit for the idea of a cabinet that includes the other party. These two are fucking delusional.

by Anonymousreply 117October 8, 2024 3:55 PM

Kamala's doing well. Whoopi introduced her as the next POTUS. When she finally referred to her by name she called her "Camela."

Sunny creamed her panties (handmade in Ghana of locally sourced materials) Their motto: No whitey will ever make our panties. She looked like a 12-year-old meeting Taylor Swift for the first time. How are they such great friends if they've never met? Riddle me that one, Sunny.

Sunny doesn't ask questions she recites tomes. Get on with it and stop trying to impress your (non) future boss. She fucked up her first question which she had most likely been practicing for days.

Alyssa on the border.

Ana acting like they're buds. Fuck off with your incessant need to be one of the in kids.

Whoopi enamored. Stop embarrassing yourself. She's batting her eyelashes at this poor woman. Good thing she's not doing a Groucho with her eyebrows cause you know.

Whoopi embarrassing herself once again speaking on health insurance. This woman never learns. NEVER. Kamala being nice and trying to explain to the developmentally disabled Whoopi she's speaking on Medicare.

Whoopi's basking in the light. She didn't have sex with you, Whoopi.

Ana with her rehearsed punchlines. So natural yet not really. "The only thing Donald Trump can hold is a grudge and a golf club." How much did she pay for that joke.

by Anonymousreply 118October 8, 2024 3:56 PM

Sunny, who turns 56 in a few weeks, considers herself part of the 'sandwich' generation where she's raising her kids and soon will face the fact she has to take care of aging parents ?

Her two kids are 19 and 22, out of the house and away at college. They are young adults - she already raised them, whether she can admit it or not. They're on their own, lady. By the time her mother Rosa Beza - who is only 15 or 16 years older than Sunny - needs her help in healthcare, Sunny's kids will be raising their own families.

by Anonymousreply 119October 8, 2024 10:59 PM

No way ABC was legally required to show that abortion ad. They could have told them to tone it down and the images weren't appropriate for network tv.

by Anonymousreply 120October 9, 2024 4:04 PM

R120, I looked it up and it says they were legally required to show the ad because "as a paid political advertisement, the Network is required to carry it, unaltered, by federal law."

I'm glad I didn't see it. I was walking back into the room and only saw the disclaimer at the end. Randall Terry is responsible for this ad. He is the Constitution party's presidential candidate for 2024. He's also an infamous anti-abortion activist.

by Anonymousreply 121October 9, 2024 4:28 PM

R119 is Sunny is a sandwhich, make mine roast beef!

by Anonymousreply 122October 9, 2024 4:39 PM

I think these women should talk about the real problems they experience as multimillionaires. Finding good plastic surgeons, where to buy that third house. Ari Melber had a rapper on talking about the price of truffles. Keep it real, folks.

by Anonymousreply 123October 9, 2024 4:55 PM

Sarah was on fire today with her jabs at Trump’s phone calls to Putin.

by Anonymousreply 124October 9, 2024 5:03 PM

Alyssa is as dumb as a box of rocks.

by Anonymousreply 125October 9, 2024 5:17 PM

That abortion ad about made me choke on my lunch.

by Anonymousreply 126October 9, 2024 5:35 PM

Whoopi supposedly makes $8M per annum on this gig. Today she fucked up Riley Keough's book title and then she had one fucking job when it came to introducing Sheryl Lee Ralph, and she fucked up her name. Now all I hear when she speaks is Rochester. I'm sorry but she is so ridiculously unfit for this job, and she seems to get worse by the week. Fuck off into retirement and let your leech family support your ass for a change.

I remember when Barbara was at the table everyone would be on their best behavior. People used to say they liked it when she was off because it allowed the co-hosts a bit more freedom. Fuck that. Look at Whoopi with Barbara then look at how out of control she is today with the help of that cuckold Brian. Brain dead pothead health insurance connoisseur who always brings the discussion to a grinding halt in order to tell us shit we learned in the 3rd grade.

by Anonymousreply 127October 9, 2024 5:45 PM

R126, it is a dark money candidate that broadcasts pro-birth ads,

It is still and anti-woman. Anti-Democrat political add from a candidate from nowhere, broadcast nationally.

by Anonymousreply 128October 9, 2024 6:07 PM

I like Joy and Sara. The rest need to go. I am especially tired of everyone treating Whoopi as if she were Yoda, and Whoopi always presenting her view as the final and definitive word on everything. She really does get worse by the day.

Sunny gets to be African-American again tomorrow when Trevor Noah is on the show, and she will revert back to being Latina on Friday when Gael Garcia Bernal is a guest. It’s a wonder she’s never gotten whiplash.

by Anonymousreply 129October 9, 2024 6:24 PM

What's amazing to me is that Whoopi is both terrible on the show and seems terrible to work with. How she's had this job for so long is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 130October 9, 2024 6:38 PM

I totally laughed yesterday at Sunny claiming to be in the sandwich generation. Gurl, that sandwich was eaten years ago! Lies!

And didn’t gassy, nasty, farty smelly Whoopi claim years ago that she was leaving The View? I remember her announcement. Yet here she still sits stinking up the ‘joint’. Go away Whoopi with you know who.

by Anonymousreply 131October 9, 2024 10:02 PM

I like the fact that they kept holding up the Lisa Marie Presley / Riley Keough book cover WITHOUT Oprah's logo on the cover (in last night's interview, Oprah showed the audience the covers have her 'Oprah's Book Club' logo on the front). I thought it was interesting that they asked her mostly the same questions Oprah did last night (on her pre-recorded interview which aired) which Keough already answered in detail - couldn't they think of anything else to ask her ?

And why did they talk to her like she was 15 years old ? She's a 35 year old woman. Don't be so condescending towards her.

As for Sheryl Lee Ralph - I guess Yvette Nicole Brown is no longer the 'go to' Black actress on the show when no one else is booked ?

by Anonymousreply 132October 9, 2024 10:34 PM

You must watch the first segment of today's show. Trump vs The Ladies of The View. He went after them at one of his rallies. Kind of cringy when "dumb" Sunny had a written "legal notice" that read like a stand-up routine. Whoopi didn't care for his accusation he only hired her one time. No rebuttal when he said Whoopi told him years ago, she'd vote for him if he ran for POTUS. Heh.

Joy cracking jokes because she was left out of the tirade clip. Sara being interrupted as she tells them she's the middle child and had to yell for her parent's attention. LET HER SPEAK!

Trevor Noah. Sorry but I really don't care for these "political experts" in the form of foreign comedians (like John Oliver) schooling us on our country.

FAIR WARNING: THEY SHOW THE ABORTION AD AT THE END OF THE SHOW BEFORE THEY COME BACK FOR THE FINAL GOODBYE. I saw the black screen with the white disclaimer and said nope,

by Anonymousreply 133October 10, 2024 4:02 PM

Pictures of medical waste are so Republican.

by Anonymousreply 134October 10, 2024 4:05 PM

Trevor Noah, who dyes your hair?

by Anonymousreply 135October 10, 2024 4:18 PM

Sunny of course used her one question to prompt Trevor to sing the praises of black women. She is so fucking predictable. Also her insistence on only referring to Kamala as “Madam Vice President” is the definition of cringe.

by Anonymousreply 136October 10, 2024 5:14 PM

Today’s show was cringeworthy from beginning to end.

I say this as someone who detests Trump and likes Trevor Noah.

by Anonymousreply 137October 10, 2024 5:26 PM

Yes, R137, but on the bright side Whoopi pronounced her name correctly today. I was only half listening during the Noah interview so could someone tell me what sage advice she was giving him during the interview. He was very patient and also very polite in allowing her to spout off on his time. He also had a look on his face as if he didn't know what the hell she was talking about but what else is new with Whoopi's supposed pearls of wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 138October 10, 2024 5:31 PM

R138 was directed to R136 not R137. Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 139October 10, 2024 5:32 PM

I turned it after 30 mins but thought that Whoop taking Trump down a notch was superb.

by Anonymousreply 140October 10, 2024 5:53 PM

I love that Whoopi didn’t deny people walking out of her performances for Trump. Honestly, she’s a good comedic actress but she isn’t actual funny in her own right or at the very least hasn’t been in years.

by Anonymousreply 141October 10, 2024 5:56 PM

Like her casino standup years?

by Anonymousreply 142October 10, 2024 5:58 PM

It's interesting she went on to have an award-winning acting career when she started out as a stand-up comedienne. Mike Nichols made her career when he took her act to Broadway and as they say the rest is stoner history.

by Anonymousreply 143October 10, 2024 6:05 PM

The crowd at a Trump casino in Atlantic City was not her people. It sold out because they recognized her from movies. They left the theatre because they expected the Sister Act character with some Motown covers, some patter, a nice sparkly dress.

Did you see Trump pausing (twice!!) before calling Sunny a woman. 'That is one dumb (pause) That is one dumb (pause) woman' He wanted to say the n word or the c word. It would be glorious to see him beaten by a black woman. Notice also 2 empty chairs behind him.

by Anonymousreply 144October 10, 2024 7:43 PM

R144, I think he wanted the audience to think he was holding back from calling her a bitch. He should call Whoopi and ask her to give him some timing lessons on line delivery. He pulled the same stunt with Meghan Kelly and it went over big with his supporters. This time it didn't pack the same punch.

Sunny paused during her little speech today, assuming she was going to receive a laugh. It never came so she powered on.

by Anonymousreply 145October 10, 2024 7:55 PM

Sunny is dumb, but Trump is dumber and needier, and that's saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 146October 10, 2024 8:09 PM

WOW ! Whoopi didn't give up in 'schooling' Trevor about his own book, and the meaning of 'Because I said so...' when a parent scolds a child. For God's sake - it's his book! Let him say whatever he wants about it and it's meaning. (Even Sunny chimed in and agreed with what he was saying).

Then again, she was probably angry because the interview was ending, and he had yet to tell her he only became a comedian because of her, and her performance in 'Ghost', for which she won an Oscar - lest we forget.

by Anonymousreply 147October 10, 2024 9:23 PM

The show is so much better when Ana is not on. After November, they need to get rid of her. Pack her off to Florida once and for all. Let her try her failed attempts as an aspiring comedienne at 'open mic' night at a Miami bar - not on the show.

by Anonymousreply 148October 10, 2024 11:53 PM

Agreed R148. When she lost the weight, she lost what little was left of her humility.

by Anonymousreply 149October 10, 2024 11:55 PM

Sunny's "rebuttal" was cringeworthy. And the smugness too. You can tell she thought she knocked it out of the park, but it was too long and too "Look at me, aren't I cute? to be effective. She's become as insufferable as McCain.

Whoopi's IDGAF attitude and honesty was much more refreshing and biting. And most of all, quick.

by Anonymousreply 150October 11, 2024 12:24 AM

R148 - I've always hated Ana - she's as fake as you can get. She carried the water for Republicans for DECADES - smeared every one she could - told hundreds of lies as she positioned herself to be the Latina spokeswoman of the Republican party.

No one ever calls her out on this because they need 2 Republicans on the panel - I guess to offset 2 dems and an Independent?

She supposedly became a Republican because Reagan was against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua and so was her family. So communism=Dems in her way of thinking - like a lot of Latinos from countries with similar political problems.

Reality is that she came from a wealthy political family in Nicaragua and they had to flee the country. She never thought that maybe her family and the system in Nicaragua needed vast reforms and that her family was part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 151October 11, 2024 12:25 AM

I love Ana and if ABC didn't get rid of her, she is on for the entire season.

Start squawking next August 2025.

by Anonymousreply 152October 11, 2024 1:15 AM

Ana is a total hypocrite. She goes on and on about reproductive freedom, gun control, and LGBT rights, completely ignoring the fact that the version of the Republican Party that she did support was always vehemently opposed to those things.

by Anonymousreply 153October 11, 2024 1:25 AM

It is the height of irony to me that Sunny’s question to “Madam Vice President” has resulted in one of the most negative soundbites for Kamala since she entered the race.

by Anonymousreply 154October 11, 2024 1:27 AM

R151 Thanks for this information - I didn't know anything about her background - especially that she came from a wealthy political family in Nicaragua and they had to flee the country. It all makes me like her even less.

by Anonymousreply 155October 11, 2024 1:59 AM

Sunny’s joke about Trump being in the courtroom more than she had was really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 156October 11, 2024 3:25 AM

R153 - I couldn't agree with you more. She says all of these things and supports Dems positions and calls out Trump and Republicans for their stupidity.

So why are you a Republican again Ana?

Look I'm glad they don't have the cancerous screeching Republican women co-hosts of the past. That shit got old.

But if all of your points are against your own party - how the fuck do you still vote and say you're a Republican? I don't get it. Opportunist.

I will say - that table gets bulk shipments of Ozempic daily - all of them have lost SO much weight and Ana really has had a glow-up after being a pudgy middle-aged housefrau for decades.

by Anonymousreply 157October 11, 2024 3:41 AM

[quote]Sunny’s joke about Trump being in the courtroom more than she had was really stupid.

You can tell Sunny worked all night on her 'defense' to make sure she got the humor in as well as her defensive closing arguments. She must've practiced saying this all morning long, before she walked into the courtroom to address the jurors - I mean 'onto the set to address the audience' - and FLOPPED big time.

The jokes didn't land, her defense arguments were boring. I honestly think she lost this one to Trump.

She should have stuck with her "I give it no air" tactic as she did with Janet Jackson's statement about Harris not being Black a few weeks ago. If she dismissed it that way yesterday, she would have come out much further ahead of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 158October 11, 2024 12:15 PM

I thought Sunny was hilarious 😂😂😂.

by Anonymousreply 159October 11, 2024 12:20 PM

Asuncion is in bitch mode this morning. She didn’t look pleased when Sara dared to speak.

by Anonymousreply 160October 11, 2024 3:21 PM

Sunny’s behavior today is disgusting. Trump recently said he’d blame Jewish voters if he lost, which was naturally met with horror by most people. Yet Sunny sits there pointing a finger at Latino men who aren’t voting for Kamala as if that’s any different. And of course she defends black men who aren’t turning out for Kamala the way they should be by throwing other groups under the bus. She’s a fucking racist.

by Anonymousreply 161October 11, 2024 3:24 PM

Latino men need to show up for Harris, so where’s the lie?

by Anonymousreply 162October 11, 2024 3:56 PM

R161, I especially enjoyed Sunny Blacksplaining the black family matriarchy then in the same breath she flips and uses her Latina accent to lecture Hispanic men. Racial Whiplash. I'm so sick of her acting like she is the spokesperson for an entire race and ethnicity.

Ana interjected while Sara was talking, Sara shut her down. Right after that Joy said something and Ana tried to throw a wrench in the works and an annoyed Joy shut her down. I wonder if their patience is wearing thin with her constant interjections. She also hijacks topics and goes off book. She tries to moderate on occasion, but I think they've finally put a stop to that.

by Anonymousreply 163October 11, 2024 3:57 PM

Sunny seemed petulant during most of the Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna segment. I thought she was looking at her phone until it was time to speak, as she kept her head down.

The two gents were charming and engaging.

Sunny and Ana need to learn the art of conversation and how to make one’s POV known without being condescending. Whoppi I fear, is beyond help.

by Anonymousreply 164October 11, 2024 4:36 PM

Sunny interrupted Bernal in the middle of a story to ask a question he seemed to already be answering.

by Anonymousreply 165October 11, 2024 5:41 PM

I do agree with Joy. I LOVE this season’s theme music. I love this version of me!

by Anonymousreply 166October 11, 2024 8:41 PM

MAGA alert at R161 - there is no both sidesing it in this election. Anyone not voting for Kamala is a danger to democracy and Americans.

Get the fuck out of here.

by Anonymousreply 167October 11, 2024 8:52 PM

Sunny says "I don't believe Black Men are the problem. Black men are used to matriarchy.".

Has Sunny not been paying attention to every poll that has been rolling out the past six weeks in which 26% of Black men under 50 are voting for Trump ? And 23% of Black Men over 50 are not supporting Harris ? The NAACP has also come up with these poll numbers.

I guess they've got issues with 'black matriarchy'. Too bad McCain is no longer there - she would've corrected her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 11, 2024 9:01 PM

Sunny did the same shit back in 2020 after polls said that black male Trump voters had increased from 2016. She said she didn't believe it, yet always made it a mention to bring up the 53% of white women who voted for Trump.

I agree they all should be called out. So why does Sunny continue to make excuses for one group?

by Anonymousreply 169October 11, 2024 9:04 PM

It's not both sidesing. It's about not scapegoating particularly identity groups, which is as always Sunny's MO.

by Anonymousreply 170October 11, 2024 9:05 PM

"Sara, you are sunshine and unicorns and puppy dogs, and that is great..."

In other words, Sunny told Sara she's a naïve idiot on national television - and doesn't belong in a political conversation. Too bad Sara didn't defend herself and say 'better than being a hypocritical racist like you, Sunny'.

by Anonymousreply 171October 11, 2024 9:23 PM

Well 14% of LGBT voted for Trump in 2020 - so there are idiots in every group.

That's around 1 in 7, which is appalling. That's too many.

by Anonymousreply 172October 11, 2024 9:29 PM

"Well, Sunny, at least I'm not a cunt like you," said Sara in my dreams.

by Anonymousreply 173October 11, 2024 10:19 PM

I don't like Sara - she's always sitting on the fence (Ms. I'm an Independent Voter) - I find her boring, not funny and never very insightful. I have no idea how she got that job except they needed a blonde Midwestern looking mom.

Sunny would be so much more likable if she wasn't so God damn full of herself. Her background isn't really THAT impressive and she's always stating I'm a Catholic - like that is supposed to mean something or be admirable. And she's so blinded, it took her YEARS to see a middle ground on abortion and that it's a personal choice. That shows a lack of empathy and critical thinking - particularly for a woman.

I have no idea why Alyssa Farah is sitting there - although I prefer her over the screeching Republican bitches they've had in the past.

by Anonymousreply 174October 11, 2024 11:04 PM

And now we know that Sara has DENSE BREASTS!

The pain, the pain.

by Anonymousreply 175October 12, 2024 12:48 AM

Dense breasts means a woman's mammograms won't detect cancer. It's a thing but nothing I'd want to hear about on morning televison. Was she hosting a segment on mamography or did she just volunteer this?

Whenever someone says "we need to have a national conversation on menopause or painful menstruation,: I always think "No, we don't," Have it with your doctor or your girlfriends. If it's something like an abnormally high rate of death among Black women delivering babies, that does merit national scrutiny. But not your cramps. Get a note from your doctor and deal. Sara, find a better mamography team. You certainly have the money to do it.

by Anonymousreply 176October 12, 2024 1:16 AM

For goodness' sake October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It's a female-centric show so quit bitching about Sara's breast density. The guest was a breast cancer oncologist. So of course they would discuss breast density.

R176, thanks for the input, Sunny. It's always about black women. Always.

by Anonymousreply 177October 12, 2024 3:34 AM

I wanna hear Sunny talk about her titties.

by Anonymousreply 178October 12, 2024 7:12 AM

You could store 4 corpses in Ana's fridge. What a waste now that she's on Ozempic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 12, 2024 11:59 AM

R179, that's a standard size refrigerator. Maybe the angle of the shot makes it look wider than its actual size.

by Anonymousreply 180October 12, 2024 1:58 PM

Not in New York apartments. I have never seen one that size in person.

by Anonymousreply 181October 12, 2024 2:05 PM

I guess Sunny thinks The NY Times is fake news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 12, 2024 2:12 PM

R178 Sunny took the attention away from Sara (as usual) when she announced "I have dense breasts, too". No one cared - the conversation went on about Sara's tits.

by Anonymousreply 183October 12, 2024 2:23 PM

[quote]Not in New York apartments. I have never seen one that size in person.

To be fair, New York apartments are hardly reflective of the vast majority of American abodes.

by Anonymousreply 184October 12, 2024 4:22 PM

Sunny hates Sara because she is an attractive, tall, fit, blonde, white woman and contrary to some opinions here is quite intelligent and capable of holding her own at the table.

You'll recall Sunny also went after Joy when they returned for their new season. Joy mentioned she had been on the show since its inception and Sunny (rather bitchily, I might add) made her correct her answer and insisted she say she was fired from the show. Joy blew if off, but I wonder if there are tensions mounting against the diva sect of Sunny and Ana. They really are becoming very unappealing type personalities.

by Anonymousreply 185October 12, 2024 5:39 PM

Sunny has always felt overlooked - I remember her complaining that she didn't get the same press release/announcement when she joined The View as someone else - I can't recall who.

Look - Sunny - you used to be a sidekick on Nancy Grace's show - nobody knew who you were despite having a few legal opinion interviews with some news orgs over the years.

She's the type that any criticism of her will be met with - I think you're just taken aback by what a confident Latina/Black woman LAWYER has to say. You wouldn't say the same thing to X? That's right - because X doesn't act like a condescending know-it-all bitch!

by Anonymousreply 186October 12, 2024 5:51 PM

I’ll never forget Sunny being outraged that Alan Dershowitz didn’t know she was a lawyer. As if he spends his life worrying about the educational backgrounds of daytime TV hosts.

by Anonymousreply 187October 12, 2024 6:27 PM

If / when Harris gets in and doesn't find a position in her administration / staff for Sunny, there will be Hell to pay. I say she's angling for 'press secretary' or something judiciary. She's an empty nester now - she can move to Washington.

by Anonymousreply 188October 12, 2024 6:42 PM

I remember that R186, it was written in her memoir. I also recall her complaining about the location of her dressing room when she was promoted to permanent co-host. As if to say she merited a better dressing room closer to set. You may want to get that ego in check, newbie.

I actually read her memoir because I wanted to try to better understand her. After reading it I disliked her even more. She comes across as a very petty and vindictive person. She may be one of those people who have huge self-inflated egos in order to compensate for low self-esteem issues. Then again, she is an only child, and my initial impression of her was that of an only child who was told by her parents from day one that she was the brightest and the prettiest little girl ever. Whatever she is she's too damn sanctimonious and condescending for me.

by Anonymousreply 189October 12, 2024 7:48 PM

I'm sure the people of Latin descent would be very happy to have Sunny identify exclusively as black.

by Anonymousreply 190October 12, 2024 8:00 PM

On becoming a full-time panelist, Sunny Hostile felt slighted because she didn’t get the formal announcement that Rosie O’Donnell and Jenny McCarthy did.

by Anonymousreply 191October 12, 2024 8:05 PM

Sunny has that halting way of speaking that is hard to listen to.

Sarah, on the other had, has few umms, uhhhs, etc. She has a much smoother delivery.

That refrigerator is large. That's not normal-sized. Ana's husband is very wealthy and can afford a refrigerator befitting of a wealthy man.

by Anonymousreply 192October 12, 2024 8:16 PM

Sunny is an actress playing an attorney on the show. She's so ridiculous with her monotonous and self-important diatribes and as someone mentioned upthread, Joy and others have been (intentionally?) stepping on her big finish. "Let me finish." Well, finish already. And she won't let go even when Whoopi's there trying to go to break, she'll talk over her in order to finish another one of her sanctimonious, over long and over rehearsed speeches.

For the last time that is not a big fridge it's standard fare for today's kitchens.

by Anonymousreply 193October 12, 2024 8:38 PM

R193 We don’t all live in “today’s kitchens” in large single family homes. For those of us who live in apartments and older homes and small townhouses it’s like something out of a morgue.

by Anonymousreply 194October 12, 2024 8:46 PM

Sara says her breasts are dense but dense titties retain their girlish perkiness longer. Nipples pointing to Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 195October 12, 2024 9:39 PM

Good for you. R193. It doesn't mean you're in the majority. The majority is defined as the norm. This is the norm and if you took a good look at it, you'd realize it's not even a mega-sized refrigerator. I have an old Sub Zero that's still kicking which looks similar in size. It's tall but it's misleading because it does not have much depth. Your supposedly smaller fridge probably has deep shelves and holds the same number of items.

If she shows more of her kitchen in the future, you may see another refrigerator which could be specific to beverages. One may be for produce or various cheeses depending on temperature requirements. That's more specific to the size of her kitchen and obviously not specific to your apartment or townhouse or old house or box...

by Anonymousreply 196October 12, 2024 9:46 PM

On MSNBC today, they brought up Sunny's ridiculous comment about 'Black men aren't the problem'. They had a black man who is head of Harris' campaign in one of the southern states (I believe Georgia) and practically laughed out loud when they played the clip of Sunny saying "Black men aren't the problem".

The guy then went to the new poll released this week (taken last weekend) showing an increase in Black men supporting Trump over Harris. It went from 26% - 30% as the election gets closer, and that we need to do everything we can over the next three weeks to bring this number down. (In comparison, in 2016 when Hillary was running, the number of black men supporting Trump was less than 10%, and in 2020 with Biden, it was less than 20%).

Not sure how Sunny can spin this as the election gets closer.

by Anonymousreply 197October 12, 2024 10:55 PM

Easy R197 she won't bring it up.

by Anonymousreply 198October 12, 2024 11:26 PM

R198 Then maybe Sara or Alyssa will - for the sake of winding her up.

by Anonymousreply 199October 12, 2024 11:48 PM

I hate Sara's constant fawning over Whoopi, including petting her like she's a cat. And I hate Joy's laughing at her own jokes more than anyone else does.

But I did like Sara on The Chase. Is that coming back?

by Anonymousreply 200October 12, 2024 11:52 PM

Fridays are the worse when both Anna and Joy are at the table, and the two of them try to outdo each other with jokes and punch lines. Anna is simply not a comedienne.

by Anonymousreply 201October 13, 2024 12:08 AM

I wonder if Sunny will sit down and have the difficult conversation with her 22 year old son Gabe, telling him the importance of his casting his young, Black, male vote for Harris even though his friends of color at Harvard are voting for Trump ?

by Anonymousreply 202October 13, 2024 12:11 AM

R201, I love Whoopi free Fridays.

by Anonymousreply 203October 13, 2024 12:12 AM

Sunny is ordinary, annoying and lucky as hell I My question from the audience would be, "Why do you have all that shit on your face and that fake hair?" She would call me a racist but she looks like a Barbie doll in the seconds pile. Follow up question: Do you have a mirror or does your makeup artist hate you as much as the rest of us?

by Anonymousreply 204October 13, 2024 1:43 AM

Are Sunny's books written by a ghostwriter?

by Anonymousreply 205October 13, 2024 12:13 PM

R204 - you are too on the nose. All of these Ozempic women with their make-overs to match - it's too much. Sunny's gone overboard with the hair and makeup - you want to ask if she's got a show tonight?

But I have to give Joy credit - I knew she was getting older, but I had no clue that shes 82 years old! She looks great and is still very sharp. She looks decades younger than Barbara who left the show at 84/85 years old?

by Anonymousreply 206October 13, 2024 3:04 PM

Ha! They called out Sunny's disastrous Q&A with Harris on This Week with Guest Host. Sunny is now responsible for a big-time Harris gaffe, and I hope that keeps her up at night.

by Anonymousreply 207October 13, 2024 4:01 PM

They keep bringing that up on FOX, as well - they've been relentless. If Harris loses (I pray she doesn't) the media will be pointing their fingers at Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 208October 13, 2024 4:05 PM

Monday, Oct. 14 – former co-host Rosie Perez (actor, “Before”)

Tuesday, Oct. 15 – Pharrell Williams (producer, “Piece by Piece”); Chris Wallace (author, “Countdown 1960: The Behind-the-Scenes Story of the 312 Days that Changed America's Politics Forever”)

Wednesday, Oct. 16 – Mark Cuban, Kevin O’Leary and Daniel Lubetzky (cast, ABC’s “Shark Tank”)

Thursday, Oct. 17 – Stanley Tucci (actor, “Conclave”; author, "A Diary of Food, Family, Friends, Love, Loss”)

Friday, Oct. 18 – Eddie Redmayne (actor, “The Day of the Jackal”); “The View” celebrates Sunny Hostin’s Birthday

Why the fuck are they having Rosie Perez on Monday? I hope Whoopi does not become a talent agent when this gig finally blows up in her face because she has picked some of the worst co-hosts in The View's history. She has no eye, ear or feel for talent. Meghan McCain ring a bell?

Friday will be a living hell.

by Anonymousreply 209October 13, 2024 5:23 PM

Whoopi does not select the co-hosts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 13, 2024 5:29 PM

I love this version of me.

by Anonymousreply 211October 13, 2024 5:30 PM

R210, Whoopi has been very vocal when it comes to co-hosts. Raven Symone, Meghan McCain and Rosie Perez were all pushed through because Whoopi wanted them at the table. Why do you think this old woman has signed through next season? Where else in the industry would this washed-up has-been wield such power.

by Anonymousreply 212October 13, 2024 5:53 PM

Rosie Perez will be there plugging Before, a miniseries that starts on Apple TV + in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 213October 13, 2024 6:08 PM

Rosie Perez can't be there on a regular basis. She can't handle having an opinion that's different from someone else's. (She ends up apologizing and backpedaling on everything.)

by Anonymousreply 214October 13, 2024 6:11 PM

They admitted Rosie Perez was kind of rushed through the audition process. Makes me wonder how bad the other people they tested were that she seemed comparatively better.

by Anonymousreply 215October 13, 2024 6:21 PM

Rosie was a DEI hire, as was Raven

by Anonymousreply 216October 13, 2024 9:00 PM

Even though I can’t stand Ann Coulter, her shutting down that cunt Raven is classic.

by Anonymousreply 217October 13, 2024 9:47 PM

R216, there were plenty of WOC and Hispanic commentators and journalists who were highly qualified that auditioned for The View. Yes, even Lauren Sanchez was at the table back in Barbara's era. That Rosie Perez was given the job tells you it was Whoopi pushing for her behind the scenes. Same goes for Raven and yes, because Whoopi liked and admired John McCain she pushed for Meghan.

I do recall Raven and Candace Cameron going at it one day while they were both auditioning that may have helped them both land the job. It was like an idiot teen sitcom version of Crossfire with two out-of-work child actors.

by Anonymousreply 218October 13, 2024 10:17 PM

It was reported that reality star Kate Gosselin ('member her ?) was the top candidate to take the seat at the table before Rosie Perez did in 2014. This was the second time in the show's history that they wanted Gosselin on the show (not sure what ABC saw in her). When Rosie O'Donnell found out Gosselin was going to join, she supposedly threatened not to return to the show (she didn't want the show to have anything to do with reality stars - and made that clear to the press). Less than two weeks before the season was to premiere, ABC dropped Gosselin (before she signed on the dotted line) and the search began to fill the seat. Perez ended up taking the seat.

by Anonymousreply 219October 13, 2024 11:15 PM

[quote] Wednesday, Oct. 16 – Mark Cuban, Kevin O’Leary and Daniel Lubetzky (cast, ABC’s “Shark Tank”)

Fantastic! Usually, Barbara Corcoran visits with Cuban and O'Leary, since they are the co-producers. But having co-producers Cuban and O'Leary there is still fantastic news because...

As I say every season, this will give Sunny the opportunity to put on her 'serious' face, and ask them - as co-producers - why they never, ever have an American Woman of Color guest hosting on the panel and making offers for a small business. They have white American women sitting in the chairs, but never a Latina American or an African American woman (the only women of color who have sat in the chair are from the UK). We all know how important this is to Sunny - so please, Sunny, ask them !

Sunny needs to suggest: Beyonce, Tyra Banks, Rhianna, JLo, Janet Jackson, Vanessa Williams, Beverly Johnson - the list is endless for Sunny to suggest in her serious tone and pursed lips. Let's see if she has the guts to do it this time.

by Anonymousreply 220October 13, 2024 11:31 PM

Is that true, R220? Whenever they have this crew on, I turn it off or mute it. I may watch this segment if Sunny goes into her Tourette's "you're a racist!!" mode.

"...serious tone and pursed lips" It's so true, lol.

by Anonymousreply 221October 14, 2024 12:14 AM

What's true is she NEVER asks them why they don't have American women of color on as guest hosts, making deals with entrepreneurs. NEVER - even though she has the chance right in front of her with the co-producers sitting there. If you don't ask them, who are the decision makers, who do you ask ? That's why I'm hoping she grows a pair of golden ovaries and dares to ask them this time around.

Of course, she won't. She's all bark and no bite - as she has proven over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 222October 14, 2024 12:18 AM

STFU Sunny. Another Kamala is perfect and running the most perfect campaign ever speech.

She interrupts Sara. Again. She refuses to hear any sort of criticism about the Biden admin. She's trying to Sunnysplain her fuck-up FOX News on a loop question to Kamala. She cuts off Alyssa who actually has some interesting points on fighting Trump. And someone FINALLY corrected her when she stated for the umpteenth time Kamala will have an R in her CABINET not her "CANDIDATE."

I cannot even imagine what a delusional and obstinate "I'm right you're wrong!" type of person she is off the air. And when someone opposes her opinion, she tries to talk over them. She truly is the personification of the term head in the sand, not to mention an exhausting know-it-all.

Rosie Perez says Latinos can change the election. Sunny must be seething. Now I get to be schooled by Rosie Perez as she fumbles through her political talking points. "Tear down the wall!" Huh? Latina Politics for Dummies. Please go back to talking about boxing. Her segment should make it clear why she was completely inept as a co-host. She spent the majority of her segment on passionate pleas for her people to vote so there were mere seconds left for her to talk about her new series. Billy (lay off the fillers) Crystal must be thrilled. Bonus: They cut Whoopi off when she was going to break.

VYD or don't.

Abortion ad go away.

by Anonymousreply 223October 14, 2024 4:03 PM

Sunny was absolutely pissed off today with her cohosts. She had daggers in her eyes with each of them - I wouldn't be surprised if she takes the rest of the week off.

So now Sunny can't say 'Black men aren't the problem' anymore with all the pushback she has gotten from the media this weekend, so she will now try to blame the MEDIA ?

In a nice way, she kept reminding Sunny that she was Kamala's "October Surprise" and has since tanked her campaign. I wanted her to say straight up, "If it wasn't for your 'gotcha question' about how her administration will be different from Biden's, her poll numbers wouldn't be fuckin' tied with Trump's right now!" If Kamala loses, Sunny will never live it down - her question is getting more media attention than anything else Kamala has been asked since July.

Kudos to Alyssa to keep steamrolling ahead when Sunny tries to cut her off. She ignores Sunny, doesn't respond to her ridiculous comments, and sides with Sara.

Anna took over the comedy for the show, made lame jokes about Trump's orange skin (because that never gets old with Anna, obviously) . Ba dump bump.

Thank You Rosie Perez for coming out and turning away from Sunny as you explained the importance of the Latino vote. You gave her a nice view of your back while you discussed everything Latina. And, you addressed everyone at the table about something at one point - but not Sunny. She sat there with a pursed pout.

by Anonymousreply 224October 14, 2024 10:13 PM

I'm laughing that she thinks it's a huge win saying that the difference between Kamala and Biden is that Kamala will put a Republican in her cabinet. This is the same Sunny that for the last eight years has made it a point to constantly say that the Republican party as a whole supports racism, and never excused any voter or supporter of the Republican party. How many times she dragged Ana on the show for still being a Republican. Now because Kamala wants to reach across the aisle, it's suddenly okay to be a Republican.

She also needs to lay off the weight loss meds. She's looking haggard.

by Anonymousreply 225October 14, 2024 10:40 PM

Sunny will be there for her birthday on Friday you can count on that. She's reaching Star Jones wedding prep levels of insufferable with her ridiculous attitude lately. If Kamala loses Sunny will never admit to being at least partially responsible for that loss. An attorney is trained to never ask a question unless they know how it will be answered. Two attorneys staring at each other with no cohesive answer forthcoming. That's on you Sunny.

Another thing that bugs the shit out of me with this crew is the way they shut down any critical talk about the Biden admin. Yes, the US is doing far better with post-Covid inflation than the rest of the world, but people are still hurting. Between price gouging and collusion, prices across every sector and industry are through the roof. Alyssa always tries to make the point people are hurting financially yet she is always cut off at the pass. When Joy is on, she immediately interrupts her and starts naming Biden admin. accomplishments, although fine, these are not kitchen table issues. Whoopi does the same thing when Alyssa brings up financial strain on the average voter. She cuts her right off and starts saying ridiculous things only an out of touch idiot celebrity would say. As Clinton said in '92. It's the economy stupid. Discuss it.

I hope Kamala wins but if she doesn't, I will tune in just to see the stunned faces of Whoopi, Joy and Sunny. The other two will have a polite told you we should have discussed voter concerns in a head-on manner expression.

by Anonymousreply 226October 14, 2024 11:04 PM

Who would think Sunny Hostin would be the OCTOBER SURPISE for Kamala Harris ? And Harris was indeed surprised by the question.

by Anonymousreply 227October 14, 2024 11:17 PM

Well, Sunny's question wasn't a surprise surprise.

by Anonymousreply 228October 15, 2024 2:55 AM

It’s especially hilarious that Sunny is highlighting Kamala’s willingness to put a Republican in her cabinet as a positive when we all know that Republican is Liz Cheney whom Sunny repeatedly refused to acknowledge had integrity for standing up to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 229October 15, 2024 3:59 AM

They must have given Whoopi a talking to before Kamala’s visit because it’s the only day she’s managed to pronounce her name correctly. She’s already back to saying it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 230October 15, 2024 3:44 PM

I love the way Whoopi blames the staff because she forgot to remove her eyeglasses before she walked out on set. She could have just quietly removed her glasses and started the damn show, yet she chose to verbalize her thoughts.

Just another example of her delusional celebrity ego overtaking her humility. Now heads will roll because the stoner forgot to remove her glasses, and none of the staff noticed before she walked out on set.

by Anonymousreply 231October 15, 2024 4:33 PM

Funny how they hold Donald to account for him trying to recreate the Democratic love fests of Harris at the Dem Convention. His TV numbers are based on Democrats numbers, and somehow he is going to do another Republican Roll Call using the Dem model.

Like always, he has no ideas.

Look forward to his "rallies" turning into music fests.

Great way to get him to stop WEAVING.

by Anonymousreply 232October 15, 2024 5:11 PM

LOL at all the gay men in the audience!

by Anonymousreply 233October 15, 2024 5:20 PM

Broadway Bears Care?

by Anonymousreply 234October 15, 2024 5:21 PM

I hate Chris Wallace - just to refurbish his reputation after being on Fox and spewing lies for DECADES.

by Anonymousreply 235October 15, 2024 5:25 PM

How can Randall Terry afford this national ad? They're not cheap.

Clearly it's not his money.

by Anonymousreply 236October 15, 2024 6:00 PM

There’s a “big guest” scheduled for Monday’s show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 15, 2024 7:52 PM

R236, he's running for POTUS under the Constitution Party. I have no idea what they take in contribution wise and who their backers are. I just know this ad has been playing every day in the last commercial segment of the show.

by Anonymousreply 238October 15, 2024 7:57 PM

R238 - but that single national spot is expensive. It's got to be what - $50k to $75k at that placement? So he has $250k to $400k per week to spend on this shit?

The network will gladly take that money but - it's a crazy waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 239October 15, 2024 8:06 PM

R237, a comment from Reddit: " On the podcast today, Ana said she had tickets to see Taylor Swift in Miami on Sunday night and she could either miss Monday's show, fly in on a 6 AM flight, or not go to the concert. Brian said she would either have to miss the concert or fly in early because a big guest was going to be on and she couldn't miss the show. He said he couldn't say who it was yet. Any guesses? I'm thinking maybe Tim Walz, but that's only a guess. Or, maybe Liz Cheney. Of course, IMO Obama would be at the top of the list. Ana will likely fly in early, but they said they would work it out."

An almost 53-year-old woman name-dropping Taylor Swift and making sure everyone know she has tickets to her concert. That's Ana in an Ozempic-sized nutshell.

R238, maybe large donors or nonprofits (that's a laugh) like Right to Life are funding these ads. They know Terry hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of winning, but they may sway voters to the R side of the ballot box by showing these ads infinitum.

by Anonymousreply 240October 15, 2024 8:13 PM

R240, second paragraph was in response to R239. Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 241October 15, 2024 8:15 PM

R240 - to be honest, Ana has a weird schedule - she's on Mondays and Fridays to replace Joy and Whoopi respectively I wouldn't want that schedule.

by Anonymousreply 242October 15, 2024 8:15 PM

Her choice, R242. Do you really think she would have turned down such a high-profile position like The View?

by Anonymousreply 243October 15, 2024 9:46 PM

Has anyone seen these Randall Terry commercials any place else except at the closing of 'The View' ? I haven't.

The BIG GUEST on Monday's show ? I'm going to put my money on Melania Trump, promoting her Booooooook. That will be quite the interview.

by Anonymousreply 244October 15, 2024 11:14 PM

Questions about today's show...

Was it my eyes, or did Pharrell have all gold teeth in his mouth ?

Is Pharrell neurodivergent ? He sure comes across that way. I can't believe he's 51.

Why didn't Sunny bring up politics with this black man (he falls in the group of men in which 30% of Black Men Over 50 voting for Trump) ? Why didn't she ask who he's supporting and why ? Didn't she realize how much influence he has over other black men ?

Why was Joy so controlled and polite to Pharrell when he was praising God, and talking about his belief in God? Joy, the self-proclaimed Atheist, usually makes jokes about religious people / celebrities during Hot Topics and tells us time and time again she doesn't believe in God. Why didn't she tell him this ? Why didn't she smirk and make jokes about people who believe in God with him sitting next to her ? I doubt she'd sit there so politely and quietly if he was praising Trump. She'd certainly push back.

by Anonymousreply 245October 15, 2024 11:48 PM

I never heard about Harris putting a Republican in her cabinet. That would be stupid. A Republican POTUS would never put a Dem in the cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 246October 15, 2024 11:55 PM

All Harris said was she would be open to it, agreeing with the interviewer it may be a good idea - what she does in January is something else.

by Anonymousreply 247October 16, 2024 12:00 AM

R245, I read he dislikes it when celebrities endorse a candidate. "Nobody asked you." Possibly his team told the producer in the pre-interview not to bring up politics.

by Anonymousreply 248October 16, 2024 12:20 AM

Joy does not have problems with Christians who talk to God, it the ones who claim that God talks to THEM, who she has problems with. She had to apologize for calling THEM crazy.

by Anonymousreply 249October 16, 2024 12:52 AM

Joy's full of it. A few months ago, she said she was not Catholic but Christian. The only sect Joy belongs to is bullshit artist.

by Anonymousreply 250October 16, 2024 1:07 AM

Joy doesn't have the balls to say that she's atheist.

by Anonymousreply 251October 16, 2024 3:48 AM

Most ex Catholics remain believers in something.

by Anonymousreply 252October 16, 2024 3:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!