Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

THE PENGUIN

Wow, this is really good!

What a fun use of Dolly's 9 TO 5 and When In Rome's The Promise!

Gotham City Public School Bus rides will never be the same.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2024 1:14 PM

I also liked it, off to a good start.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2024 2:53 AM

Premiere was an interminable slog... until Cristin Milioti's Sophia showed up and stole every scene she was in. Couldn't look away, I was transfixed by her.

by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2024 8:56 PM

*Sofia

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2024 8:57 PM

OP might I remind you that it is a sacred job of the OP to always include links in posts such as this. Make a note to do better in the future.

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2024 8:59 PM

Sophia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2024 9:02 PM

Another solid episode.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2024 4:33 AM

I enjoyed the second episode a lot more than the premiere. Man, Milioti is just something else, can't keep my eyes off her. A perfectly modulated performance, which doesn't for a second fall into the common trap of going overboard – and thus into cringe territory – when portraying someone with a mental disorder. Gaga should be taking notes.

The beautiful Theo Rossi appears, what a pleasant surprise!

End credits song – Lana Del Rey's cover of The Turtles' Happy Together – was haunting and sublime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2024 7:27 PM

This show sucks.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2024 7:31 PM

Milioti is wonderful

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2024 8:09 PM

First episode was FANTASTIC, the second merely pretty good.

Colin Ferrell is simply terrific in that latex fat suit, his performance is amazing. (I also love the performance of the actress of Oz's mother, who is suffering from dementia, and the relationship between the two). I'm really looking forward to the rest of the run - with some trepidation since it has various writers and directors (though the show-runner really seems on his game), and the writer of that first episode (Lauren LeFranc) won't return until the season finale, and the writing of episode 2 wasn't nearly as strong.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2024 8:13 PM

I completely forgot to mention that Shohreh mafuckin' Aghdashloo shows up in the second episode as well. And she's speaking Farsi! God, I love this woman so much.

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2024 8:18 PM

I love her too r11. She's always a presence.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2024 10:07 PM

Picture it, Gotham 2024...

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2024 10:12 PM

Tonight's episode was AMAZING!

Milioti better get an Emmy for tonight's work.

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2024 3:47 AM

This show is my favorite of the year. And I did NOT see that coming.

The stuttering kid is fantastic - I had a stutter (still do to a certain extent) and he really nails it. It's not as easy to do as it might seem.

Milioti is somehow riveting when she's doing absolutely nothing.

Colin is always good.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2024 4:37 AM

Milioti is incredible, an award worthy performance.

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2024 4:54 AM

My favorite gay man Michael Zegen is on this show!

He played Randall in the Walking Dead, but that was a while ago.

I'm glad to see that he's on another hit show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2024 5:52 AM

He’ll always be Mr. Mazel to me.

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2024 6:42 AM

Milioti was the girl that was molested by James Barbour. Landed him in jail.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2024 6:47 AM

[quote]He’ll always be Mr. Mazel to me.

As opposed to Mr. Tov?

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2024 12:13 PM

The dreaded flashback episode. However, it was amazing, the best of the season so far! Mostly thanks to Milioti, who is just endlessly watchable. Can't keep my eyes off her Sofia.

Theo Rossi looked delicious in that tight red polo.

[quote]He played Randall in the Walking Dead, but that was a while ago. I'm glad to see that he's on another hit show.

Gurl, he was a lead on five seasons of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, which he is best known for. Did you sleep through that? I had no idea he was gay, I don't think I've ever seen that mentioned on DL before. He doesn't ping to me. Like, at all.

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2024 6:18 PM

Great episode, love the twist.

I've also never seen even one minute of the Mrs. Maisel show, and I'm not r17.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2024 4:23 AM

[quote] He doesn't ping to me. Like, at all.

Believe it or not but there are a lot of gay men who don't "ping."

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2024 4:24 AM

It doesn't matter if you watched Maisel or not, it was in the zeitgeist when it aired originally, so you should at least be passingly familiar through cultural osmosis alone that Rachel Brosnahan and Michael Zegen were in it.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2024 4:33 AM

r23 Well, that comes as a complete shock to me. I've never heard anything like it.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2024 4:34 AM

r24 it wasn't a huge show that you would've been automatically aware of. It was a streamer with a niche audience.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2024 1:12 PM

I tried watching it but got bored. Snorefest.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2024 1:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!