Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Melissa George Brings Cinematic Glamour to a 17th-Century French Manor

“This is a woman’s home,” the actress says. “If a man walks in, I want him to feel like a guest.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2024 12:00 AM

she's a crazy bitch, nest ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2024 3:57 AM

She has a baby crying in the video.

She gave birth in March 2024 to her third child. The father is unknown.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2024 1:04 AM

Wearing white in her video was not a good choice as it is transparent.

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2024 12:53 AM

That’s some SheShed.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2024 12:56 AM

Always liked her as an actress. I remember seeing a documentary some years ago that chronicled her domestic violence allegations against entrepreneur Jean-David Blanc, the father of her first two children. It was very strange. There was a custody dispute and Blanc alleged that she was trying to kidnap their children by bringing them with her to the US where she was filming a project. I am not quite sure what was going on. I also remember her dating Russell Simmons for a second, which was... again, weird.

I know that a lot of Aussies loathe her because she acted like she was embarrassed by her home country and said some unflattering things (all whilst waxing poetic about how she was happy to be "walking her French bulldog in New York, or having a croissant in Paris". It was giving Gwyneth Paltrow vibes.

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2024 1:05 AM

She is a pretentious now talent cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2024 1:12 AM

"EVERYONE TALKED ABOUT ‘the actress’ in the village,” George says of the initial interest in her and her plans for the house.".

No Melissa, everyone was not talking about you. This has been a recurring theme in her interviews since she was blundering around the set of "Home and Away" thirty years ago.

She's unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2024 1:20 AM

"No talent", definitely not "now talent". Definitely a cunt, though.

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2024 1:22 AM

I've seriously never heard of her. Have no idea who she is.

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2024 1:31 AM

She’s giving Sandy Dennis’ “Virginia Woolf” vibes to me.

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2024 1:35 AM

She was a minor character in an Aussie soap decades ago and through some judicious liaisons and marriage and associated court case, has emerged as some rich..."courtesan" is a good word.

Good on her, I guess, but she's insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2024 1:58 AM

Mellisa George is no Phyllis George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2024 2:08 AM

No idea who she is, but her house is quite nice, and nicer still minus her.

Strip out the girly fabrics and much of the upholstered furniture and it's a lovely house, and for once, not overly restored nor made to look unrecognizably brand spanking new. It retains much character and there is some respectably decent antique furniture. Happily the furnishing is on the spare side which emphasizes the architecture and sense of place.

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2024 2:20 AM

I love her voice.

Hard to believe she is 48.

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2024 2:24 AM

Which accent is she using these days, R14? Bogan, American, English or French? She's been known to code switch.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2024 2:30 AM

Beautiful house. Love the colors, the paneled bathroom is like something out of an Argentinian Art Deco movie.

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2024 2:43 AM

Her cat color matches her dress!

by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2024 4:33 AM

Archived link cos NYT's paywalled

Its fuckin awesome, I love it, its very cool. Really cant fault her taste whoever she is, and I particularly like the velvet curtains, the fringed slipper chairs, the vintage sofa set on the ground floor, and the murals. Everything is consistent, she doesnt seem to have tried to mix modern and traditional which just wouldnt work in this house. Not wild about the Art Deco bathroom, but I respect that she recycled it from elsewhere, and its perfectly livable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2024 4:54 AM

She has the Karma Sutra in her kitchen!

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2024 5:19 AM

Love this crazy bitch! She stole the show from Jenny G on Alias and almost stole Mr. Big from that Margulies cunt on The Good Wife. Knows how to work a cape.

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2024 8:02 AM

Bunions

by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2024 2:03 PM

Whoever put Lakmé's The Flower Duet on the video soundtrack should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2024 2:41 AM

Sweep the floor, tacky bitch. 🧹

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2024 2:50 AM

This bitch is swanning around some Provence mansion while Dieter Brummer rots in the ground.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

by Anonymousreply 24October 10, 2024 3:40 AM

I hated her character in TGW.

by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2024 9:14 PM

She’s Australian and American. Why does she have a British accent?

by Anonymousreply 26October 10, 2024 9:29 PM

I love how she pronounces Diego Delgado-Elias.

by Anonymousreply 27October 10, 2024 10:00 PM

A wood-clad bidet. Great for splinters.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2024 7:44 AM

Who is she?

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2024 7:56 AM

R29 she's an Australian actress and has been around for a long time now. She has been in a lot of horror films but also had parts in other more esteemed projects. I think her critical peak probably was getting a Golden Globe nod for her role on "In Treatment" with Gabriel Byrne (which she was fantastic in). She also had a small arc on an early season of "Grey's Anatomy" as a lesbian medical resident, and had a very famous lesbian kiss with Laura Harring in David Lynch's "Mulholland Drive".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2024 8:05 AM

In Mulholland Drive she was The Girl the bad guys insisted be in the film.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2024 11:01 AM

[Quote]Strip out the girly fabrics and much of the upholstered furniture and it's a lovely house

Oi dickhead, didn't ya read the part where I said this is a woman's home? Men are meant to feel like fuckin' guests. Don't let the 17th century doors smack you in the arse, yeah, that's right, the arse not the fuckin' fanny, on the way out.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2024 11:06 AM

The bare feet, the white dress, the borderline-English accent, the kids being called Raphael and Solal, the introduction of the library as the bibliotheque... Angel Parrish really is living her best life.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2024 1:48 PM

R5, we also dislike her because she's a terrible actress. I for one couldn't be more thrilled she wants to live in France.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2024 1:57 PM

I have always found her to be quite a good actress (granted I’ve never seen the early soap stuff she did in Australia). I’ve also always thought she was stunningly beautiful. Like R14 says, her voice is very nice to listen to—similar to Elizabeth Banks, but huskier. There is something alluring about her.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2024 2:08 PM

R31 she IS the girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2024 2:11 PM

Melissa George's navel never closed correctly, and she has a massively disfigured belly button. It's horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2024 2:14 PM

R37 it looks pretty normal to me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2024 8:38 PM

Known cunt!

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2024 9:00 PM

Why does the bibliotheque have curtains?

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2024 3:06 AM

You also might know her from the horror film Triangle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2024 3:11 AM

The custom cabinet in the dining room is too high to reach the top shelves.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2024 1:10 AM

Awesome place. Have to evict her.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2024 3:18 AM

[quote]The custom cabinet in the dining room is too high to reach the top shelves.

And? For that there are ladders and footstools. If it were sized to arm's reach, it would look as if someone had moved furniture in from a trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2024 9:47 AM

in the bibliotheque she has a sconce. Sconce is a word I have not known before.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2024 1:28 AM

[quote]Sconce is a word I have not known before.

I condole you. (Or may you know them as appliques?)

My mother, not exactly a doyenne in the sphere of interior design not given to high-falutin'isms, could work "sconce" into any conversation of the least length. Surely I knew the word from age three.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2024 3:45 PM

Never heard of her, but I love her house.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2024 4:34 PM

Here's her house in Google Street View:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2024 8:08 PM

The actress’s online searches were sometimes the most fruitful. “I am the Leboncoin Queen,” George says, referring to the French equivalent of Craigslist.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2024 8:38 PM

Very nicely situated in town.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2024 12:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!