Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Lulu Spencer Waking Up From a Long Nap

Aiden suddenly looks very swole, Sam seems even more lethargic as usual, and the Shoe Polish Don just keeps rolling on.

Share your continued thoughts about the goings on in PC here.

by Anonymousreply 554October 15, 2024 11:54 PM

Continuing from previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2024 1:13 PM

From the prior thread.....nuAiden's been working out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2024 2:52 PM

Thanks for the new thread. I tried to start watching GH again because of Rick Hearst but I got the feeling they were making him such an evil whipping boy for ugly old Mo that I'm already taking a break. If they give him a romance I'll probably start back because that'll mean they're at least somewhat invested in him.

I've already gotten a bit invested in a character (Jagger Cates) and had my hopes dashed to smithereens because of you know who, who was the reason I came back to GH in 2000 after giving up on Luke many years before. Then I got invested in NLG and watched them humiliate her with Sam sleeping with her boyfriend or some such. This is a BRUTAL show.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2024 4:13 PM

R600 from the previous thread, thank for the nostalgic closeout.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2024 5:36 PM

[Quote]#GH just took a burgeoning teen storyline about coming out, being bullied, and navigating sexuality as a gay teen and turned it into a “I’m mad at dad” story (stolen from Jason/Jake, BTW) by aging this “kid” repeatedly. What a forking waste!!! #GeneralHospital

Agree about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2024 6:09 PM

Two things:

I thought Aiden was Nicholas' kid. Remember when Helena called Elizabeth a sanctimonious slut? When was that changed?

I also understand why they recast the other actor, who looked like a baby. Frank will have this guy shirtless by November sweeps.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2024 7:24 PM

R5 That's exactly what happened. Ironically those were both Mulcahey's storyline ideas.

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2024 7:34 PM

R6 There was a who's the father storyline where either Lucky or Nikolas potentially were Aiden's father, in 2010. Helena switched tow different paternity tests on Nikolas' favor, since she wanted to raise a Spencer offspring as a true Cassadine.

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2024 7:40 PM

*Helena switched two different paternity tests in Nikolas' favor at R8

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2024 7:42 PM

Isn't Aiden the gay one? If so, who will they match him up with? Or will he be in enforced celibacy because of the fraus?

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2024 11:12 PM

Aiden and Gio are the hot new couple. "This portion of General Hospital is brought to you today by Helix Studios."

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2024 11:25 PM

Was there some September sweeps that I was unaware of?

GH had the Lucky rescue which had me on the edge of my seat on Thursday and Friday.

Meanwhile Y&R had me glued to my TV watching psycho Sharon breaking into Daniel's apartment, accidentally killing Heather and dumping the body in the river on Wednesday and Thursday.

Such spellbinding and climatic happenings are generally reserved for sweeps. But here they were happening in late September.

What caused major storylines on two different shows to climax at exactly the same time during a non-sweeps period?

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2024 11:45 PM

R12, good question. Do sweeps periods for network shows still work the way they used to? Sweeps used to be February, May, and November. The rating during those months set advertisement rates. Does it still work the same way?

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2024 12:47 AM

R10 Yes, Aiden is one of us. However, there are plans to bring his boyfriend on. What's happening now is an effort to increase ratings and cater to more audiences outside of the fraus. The fraus aren't exactly watching since ratings are drastically diminishing. Nathan's big plan to bring back "lapsed viewers" has proved to be a disaster. Besides that, certain stunts that the fraus were partaking in, like trying to keep Kelly Monaco employed for example, aren't exactly winning them any favors with the network and Frank, particularly. The fraus are like a group of Carmina Monaco's, in reference to Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2024 4:50 AM

R11 😆😆 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2024 4:51 AM

R12 September is when the new season premieres for soaps now, instead of their respective anniversary dates. Prime-time television and the daytime talk shows, game shows, etc. were the inspiration for this model. They've actually tested it out for awhile, before officially deeming September as the start of the new season. Although soaps are the only daytime television shows that barely show repeats, fall premieres aligns them more with other daytime and prime-time shows.

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2024 5:05 AM

R13 Sweeps periods still work somewhat the same, though Nielsen changed the way they track viewership six years ago. With the advancement of streaming platforms, there are many programs who don't exactly follow the traditional sweeps months model, February, May, July and November, in an effort to compete with alternative programming, by focusing on months outside of sweeps as well. The July sweeps period is exclusive to soaps and summer programming in prime-time. Frank, especially after Ron was fired, moved away somewhat from waiting until sweeps months to have a big event, however, the network prefers sweeps events (the network mandated a wedding, for example, during May 2015, for Nina and Ric, when GH aired the live shows). Frons/Guza/Pratt/Phelps were big on sweeps events.

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2024 5:24 AM

Not sure how it is now, but when I wrote for daytime we followed the 4/13 model. Something big happened at the end of every 13 week cycle. In the old days they wrote towards sweeps, at some point in the 90s it switched to every 13, at least on the 2 shows I worked on.

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2024 11:40 AM

R18 Correct. The 4/13 model is still somewhat in effect, though there's not as much emphasis on it now as thete was back then. Can't exactly speak in reference to the other soaps, but GH particularly continued to follow the 4/13 model when Frank and Ron first came onboard, with Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall storyboards as the format. The 4/13 model consisted of Winter stories- Dec 1-Feb 28/29, Spring stories Mar 1-May 31, Summer stories Jun 1-Aug 31, Fall stories Sep 1-Nov 30. Is that somewhat familiar to when you were writing? It would be interesting to know which two shows you're referring to, but I respect anonymity. That's also similar to the Telenovela format model, which Port Charles adapted, except something big typically happens every fourth Friday, leading to the climax at the end of the thirteen week cycle.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2024 1:14 PM

The fraus are still upset that Colin Cassidy is playing Aiden, though this seems to be more of an issue with Aiden being gay, if anything. They're hiding their homophobia around a guise of Liz and Lucky having a gay son by complaining that the actor in question is too old. There also seems to be issues with Aiden having a boyfriend and subsequently having sex scenes. The fraus never seem to change.

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2024 1:23 PM

Interview with Kelly Monaco, citing retaliation in reference to her dismissal:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2024 1:31 PM

Correction at R21, it wasn't exactly an interview with SoapHub. SoapHub posted what's captioned in the article to their Instagram page, though Kelly did speak; she was clearing up misconceptions regarding her exit.

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2024 1:34 PM

Of course that talentless hag will sue.

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2024 1:54 PM

KeMo says in that article that her character was diminished after Billy Miller was fired.

Her character wasn't even with Billy Miller's Drew when he was fired.

She was paired with Jason at the time, one of the top three on the show, that's not diminished.

She makes no mention her sleepy zombie acting that contributed to the "dismantling" of her character.

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2024 2:36 PM

Kelly, this is the Poconos Hooters location.

Sorry, but we can't offer you the hostess job. We need someone with a little more.....oomph.

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2024 4:10 PM

Freevee runs a General Hospital channel. I'm not sure if it's 24 hours, but it's running every time I check. Right now it seems to be 2018ish. Stafford is Nina, Brianna Henry is Jordan, Genie and Kirsten are both thin and looking great, Maura is chunky, Ryan is pretending to be Kevin pretending to be blind, Ramsey is Peter August, Monaco is lucid. The whole tone and pacing of the show is quite different, and pretty entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2024 6:51 PM

Oh wait, there's Oscar. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2024 7:15 PM

Billy Warlock just announced on Twitter that Ron Hale has died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 2, 2024 11:55 PM

Every day a soap legend dies. Who’s next? Has anyone checked in with Rachel Ames today?

by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2024 1:14 AM

Reddit GH forum had to make a subcategory just for Kelly Monaco comments, 🤣

Hadn't been over there in a long while. Glad to see many are saying she's been phoning it in for years and adios to her. They also mention, as has been mentioned here, that she is no longer a "pet" of ABC and this is what happens when you aren't protected by "pet" status.

by Anonymousreply 30October 3, 2024 1:18 AM

Why was Ron Hale’s death only reported now when he passed in August??? Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2024 1:25 AM

Deadline article about Ron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2024 1:53 AM

Tony Geary helped Ron Hale embrace his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2024 3:03 AM

Aw, loved him on RH.

by Anonymousreply 34October 3, 2024 3:23 AM

That KM discussion thread on Reddit is raking Frank V over the coals.

It's not kissing KM's ass either, but definitely seems to be a few fresh droplets of tea spilled there reinforcing the idea that Frank is a petty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35October 3, 2024 3:27 AM

Frank is a fucken queeny old vindictive fag. There. I said it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 3, 2024 3:39 AM

Butt

by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2024 3:56 AM

I tuned back in for Jonathan Jackson after many years and this is my take on the storylines so far.

Drew on his own is meh but the Willow cheating storyline has potential and will free Michael up for a spicy rebound so I’m into that.

We seem to be headed for a Ric/Liz/Lucky triangle so I’m happy with that.

For god’s sake, please give Tracy something to do that isn’t obsessing about the guy who works in the stables whose importance and relationship to everyone else I haven’t figured out yet. Jane E. deserves a great diva storyline.

This surprised me, but I enjoy Robert and Diane.

I have rarely seen a couple have sub-zero chemistry the way that Jason and Anna do. Just so unbelievably wooden. I will pretend I do not see it.

Nina and Curtis DO have chemistry, they need to get on that.

Mo is doing some of his all-time worst acting at the moment but I did laugh when Sonny shot the crooked FBI agent point blank with no alibi or plan for how to dispose of the body or anything. 40 years in the mob game and he couldn’t come up with anything better? lol

by Anonymousreply 38October 3, 2024 4:20 AM

Is Mo going to make Ron Hale's death all about him?

by Anonymousreply 39October 3, 2024 4:23 AM

Frank may be petty but Kelly is also a known asshole.

by Anonymousreply 40October 3, 2024 11:55 AM

OMG, I'm living for these new spoilers! Finally we get something on the gay front for Aiden. He is coming out to his dad. I think this is why they aged him up and cast an older actor, to do a more grown up storyline. I don't mind it actually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 3, 2024 2:24 PM

Van Hansis is supposed to show up on our screens tomorrow. Then next week or the week after we should be getting the scenes where Aiden comes out to his dad. Should be good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 3, 2024 5:24 PM

So, Gh is finally upping the gay content with the return of Lucas and Aiden coming out to Lucky. All in a single week.

YEAH! I'm all for upping the gay content. But Hummmmmm. Wonder why its all happening now. Why didn't Patrick Mulcahey up the gay content six months ago?

by Anonymousreply 43October 3, 2024 5:31 PM

Is Hansis working for scale, or is the budget situation not as dire as reported? Lucky, Lulu, Lucas, Kentucky Fried Martin and Holly couldn't have all been paid for out of Monaco's salary.

by Anonymousreply 44October 3, 2024 5:44 PM

Considering that Van has done practically nothing since ATWT ended, he’ll work for scale. It’s better than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 45October 3, 2024 5:48 PM

Kristina Wagner along with son Peter wishing Jack Wagner a Happy Birthday.

She refer to him as her friend which is nice to hear given what they've been through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 3, 2024 5:50 PM

Lucky's salary is coming from Michael Easton's firing.

Not sure about the status of Lulu or Lucas, but Martin and Holly would just be recurring characters.

by Anonymousreply 47October 3, 2024 5:53 PM

Will Lucky be showering and shaving soon?

by Anonymousreply 48October 3, 2024 7:22 PM

Rick Hearst looks good....very good.

by Anonymousreply 49October 3, 2024 7:56 PM

[quote]Will Lucky be showering and shaving soon?

Let's hope so. Surely the hospital can spare a bar of soap and a bottle of shampoo before cutting out half his liver.

by Anonymousreply 50October 3, 2024 8:11 PM

Kelly Monaco and Van Hansis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 3, 2024 8:16 PM

Well, they are playing brother and sister.

Although that familial connection was rarely played when Ryan Carnes was in the part.

by Anonymousreply 52October 3, 2024 8:42 PM

Kelly looks more like his mom than his sister.

by Anonymousreply 53October 3, 2024 11:32 PM

R43 Mulcahey planned to add more gay content. There was even a scene with Aiden coming out to Laura, with Liz present. Aiden would've also endured bullying at school, while exploring a relationship with his first boyfriend, Tobias. Frank undermined him by cutting the Aiden coming out scenes, while also getting rid of Aiden's story, with the network's backing, since they were still in the process of regaining lapsed viewers, aka the fraus, who are disapproving of any gay-themed storylines. The ratings are consistently dropping, so the fraus aren't exactly the primary focus anymore. Mulcahey intended to bring Lucas and Dillon back as well.

by Anonymousreply 54October 4, 2024 12:15 AM

Dillon should come back, but not either of the ones who have been on before......

by Anonymousreply 55October 4, 2024 12:17 AM

R44 Lucky's return was paid from Finn's exit, similarly to Jason's return financed primarily through Austin's exit. Lulu's return is compensated through Sam's exit. Frank typically gets rid of one actor/actress in order to pay for another. Holly and Martin are recurring, so there wasn't any need to fire anyone else in favor of them. Lucas more than likely isn't expensive, though with Valentin's exit, that freed up a lot of money as well, to pay for additional actors. Although recurring, JPS didn't come cheap.

by Anonymousreply 56October 4, 2024 12:24 AM

Would it be a big deal for Aiden to come out to Lucky? Lucky seems pretty liberal to me. And speaking of liberals, I've seen that GH Facebook Group; those people are not liberal.

by Anonymousreply 57October 4, 2024 12:27 AM

R47 Right. Finn was traded in favor of Lucky; not exactly Frank's decision, but he had to abide by it.

by Anonymousreply 58October 4, 2024 12:31 AM

R52 That's true. Lucas was always considered more Carly's brother than Sam's.

by Anonymousreply 59October 4, 2024 12:34 AM

Hat Daddy actor had enough? They took him off contact earlier this year and put him on recurring.

by Anonymousreply 60October 4, 2024 12:36 AM

r55

I've always thought John-Paul Lavoisier would be a good Dillon

by Anonymousreply 61October 4, 2024 12:43 AM

R55 😆 Neither Scott Clifton or Robert Palmer Watkins will return with Frank still as EP, unless the network were to override their return

by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2024 12:43 AM

Scott Clifton is not exactly available. Unless B&B decides to drop. And given the way B&B has barely been using him, that could happen.

I can easily see John-Paul Lavioisier as Dillon. That's a character who definitely needs to be on the canvas if Tracey is going to stay in Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 63October 4, 2024 12:47 AM

R57 It might not be a big deal, since Lucky is pretty liberal, which is why there's also the element of Aiden being upset about having Lucky as an absentee father, which is a direct ripoff of the Jake story with Jason that Mulcahey was planning.

by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2024 12:49 AM

R60 Network mandated his drop to recurring, now his exit from the canvas.

by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2024 12:52 AM

R61 Not R55 but that's an excellent choice. Actually thought that as well, though Scott Clifton and Robert Palmer Watkins are also both great. Frank didn't value either enough during their stints at OLTL and GH, respectively.

by Anonymousreply 66October 4, 2024 12:57 AM

It would be funny to see Wally and JP as family again like on DOOL(not as funny as Wally and Jane playing lovers then mother/son)

by Anonymousreply 67October 4, 2024 1:00 AM

R57 Absolutely not liberal when it comes to the Facebook group, which Nathan typically gathers information from. They're made up almost entirely of fraus; however, almost all of their preferred storylines are currently being overlooked.

by Anonymousreply 68October 4, 2024 1:02 AM

R67 Agreed. Brothers on their mother's side as opposed to cousin's on their father's side.

by Anonymousreply 69October 4, 2024 1:04 AM

Portia is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 70October 4, 2024 1:43 AM

JPL is a ham but he does feel more like Clifton’s Dillon than the stiff bland RPW… Kelly looks amazing! I wish Lucas had been played more and had a better dynamic with his “sisters”. I’m happy with the characters coming back…Lucas is needed wish it was Ryan in the role. He really looked like Julian’s son!

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2024 1:44 AM

Respectfully, have never been a fan of JPL. Wish they'd go back to Dillon's roots, make him a someone smart/artsy guy.

by Anonymousreply 72October 4, 2024 2:13 AM

I guess I was totally wrong, I thought they might have been testing the waters with Portia and Ric. I was hoping to see at least a little more of that.

by Anonymousreply 73October 4, 2024 3:08 AM

If only Sonny could fall into the water never to return and Ric would be the star of the show......

by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2024 3:31 PM

Ric Hearst effortlessly shows up Maurice every episode he’s on.

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2024 5:33 PM

I'm guessing that's why Ric wasn't on for a long time.

Mo isn't a fan of competition.

by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2024 6:18 PM

Lucas has become way GAYER than he used to be... damn Boston

by Anonymousreply 77October 4, 2024 6:36 PM

Rick Herbst. Ahhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 78October 4, 2024 6:41 PM

With Miss Van Haznissssss you get the Full On 100 Percent Provincetown YAAAS KWEEEN Gay, not the Butch Gay Ryan Carnes version.

by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2024 6:45 PM

Why are they ignoring that Lucky was Dad to all 3 of Liz's children?

by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2024 6:48 PM

Of course Miss Hansis is slumming it on soaps again. Where’s he gonna go?

by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2024 6:51 PM

That screeching violin music is awful.

by Anonymousreply 82October 4, 2024 7:10 PM

No one at GH has the balls to tell Snarly to knock it off with that awful fake laugh? Not FV or the director or ANYONE?? Doesn't the network send "notes" to the actors with suggestions and direction? Can someone send her a "note?

by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2024 7:28 PM

If Rebecca Budig isn't available, can they get Sabine Singh to do a one-day stint as Hayden and swoop in to claim her daughter and leave town with her?

The voice over can be "The role of Hayden Barnes will be played by not the real Greenlee"

by Anonymousreply 84October 4, 2024 7:41 PM

How can they not find something for Swickard to do? That man is fine as hell.

by Anonymousreply 85October 4, 2024 7:51 PM

R83 That laugh is so fucking lazy it’s insulting.

by Anonymousreply 86October 4, 2024 8:06 PM

[quote] I'm guessing that's why Ric wasn't on for a long time.

R75 I'm trying to decide whether to invest in the show these days. Do you mean Ric is already slated for dismissal? or do you mean in the past, that's why he didn't stay long? or do you mean his scenes have been curtailed with King Mo-ron?

by Anonymousreply 87October 4, 2024 8:14 PM

R87. He really hasn't been in many scenes with Mo. I can remember one. He mainly is doing scenes with Molly, Ava, and Heather. The ones without Heather have been good.

by Anonymousreply 88October 4, 2024 9:12 PM

I love the fact that Ric Hearst has been gone for years and he has seamlessly been woven back in. That man has true talent. Mo may have been talented at one point but those days are long gone. He’s now just a series of tics, stutters and histrionics.

by Anonymousreply 89October 4, 2024 9:34 PM

R77 R79 Similar reactions from other fans, regarding Van, are making the rounds today.

by Anonymousreply 90October 4, 2024 10:13 PM

I haven't seen anything that queeny since Sean McDermott flounced onto the GL stages to take over as Hart Jessup #3!

by Anonymousreply 91October 4, 2024 10:19 PM

R80 Storyline purposes.

by Anonymousreply 92October 4, 2024 10:20 PM

R83 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 93October 4, 2024 10:23 PM

Lulu Fishpaw

by Anonymousreply 94October 4, 2024 10:24 PM

R84 Is that you Brian Frons? 😄😄

by Anonymousreply 95October 4, 2024 10:24 PM

R85 Supposedly there'll be more for him to do once Chase and Brook Lynn experience a rough patch

by Anonymousreply 96October 4, 2024 10:27 PM

Well the "rough patch" better be insurmountable and free Chase from the shackles of this snoozefest with his Amish wife. Even that "kiss" today was quick, tight-lipped and a long camera shot so as not to show how she wasn't engaging.

Does her husband scrutinize the kissing scenes to make sure she keeps her lips pressed together and doesn't engage? I don't feel sorry for her. She's too pious to engage in sexy soap opera scenes but not too pious to accept a paycheck from the same sexy soap opera industry.

by Anonymousreply 97October 4, 2024 10:36 PM

Genie is back Wednesday, October 9th according to People magazine.

by Anonymousreply 98October 4, 2024 11:55 PM

VH looks ill. Dude needs a tanning bed. And Lucky STILL hasn't showered.

by Anonymousreply 99October 5, 2024 1:10 AM

Six months ago, we were talking that if Mo and Steve died or quit, show would have very few males to center the show around. As I recall, the general consensus was that Dante and Valentin were the only males who could carry the show -- be the moral center for teh show -- if Sonny and Jason were gone.

Now that's changed and changed for the better. Valentin may be gone, but we've now got both Lucky and Ric there to be the center of the show, as well as Dante.

And I think Jonathan Jackson could easily fill Tony Geary's shoes. And win some Best Actor Emmys along the way. That is, if he would only take a shower and wash his hair.

by Anonymousreply 100October 5, 2024 1:14 AM

R100. Jonathan Jackson and Ric Hearst have actually brought good acting back to the show. Giolin stomping his foot and throwing his head back like a child after his convo with Trina was embarrassing. Maura West scheming and threatening as Ava was also good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 101October 5, 2024 1:21 AM

While its been almost 14 years since Lucky and Elizabeth actually shared screen time, but in the space of about 3 second of them seeing each other in Bobbie's, I was suddenly rooting for them to get back together.

Becky Herbst and JJ still have chemistry. And JJ really brought it to those scenes. You could feel that Lucky still loves Elizabeth.

Bravo to the writer who penned those scenes, especially, "I'd recognize your brush strokes anywhere."

by Anonymousreply 102October 5, 2024 1:34 AM

Ham Hansis

by Anonymousreply 103October 5, 2024 1:37 AM

Hope, we all live in hope the show will improve. Impressions of today's episode: Sonny: insufferable. Gio, Trina, and Josselyn: how can they have three such corny, annoying young people. Chase: WASTED. He seems to have gotten even more good looking. Van Hansis: much too fey in the part. He really made me miss Ryan Carnes' masculine, sensual presence. Maura West: thank goodness Ava is still alive. Always fun to watch. Isaiah: shows much promise. Good actor, good looking, charismatic. Lucky: already annoying. And for goodness sake, take a shower. They won't let you in the operating room like that. This week's best actress: Rebecca Herbst. Her strong yet vulnerable response to seeing Lucky wins the day. Best actor: Ric Hearst. Talk about fitting right in! Ric's scenes with Sonny are so hilarious because we get to see great and terrible acting in the same scene!

by Anonymousreply 104October 5, 2024 2:16 AM

Looks like the makeup department is trying to steer the show away from soap cliches. They convinced an elderly woman NLG to shoot her prison scenes with minimal makeup. Lucky actually looks like he's spent many years in brutal Africa conditions.

Nothing a couple of showers and a trip to the Port Charles 24/7 barbershop couldn't fix

by Anonymousreply 105October 5, 2024 3:11 AM

God I hate Van Hansis. Why GH, why him???? Frank hired him because he’s gay. It sure wasn’t based on talent. There’s a reason Van hasn’t worked much, other than teaching acting. Actors who can’t get jobs teach. Where is my beloved Ryan Carnes??????

by Anonymousreply 106October 5, 2024 3:40 AM

Ryan Carnes is exactly what the gay son of Julian Jerome should be. GH fucked him over so badly with that baby switch storyline. They were never invested in the character. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 107October 5, 2024 3:52 AM

I thought that Ryan Carnes, like the guy who played Oliver on OLTL, defied the image of stereotyped gay characters. I'm so frustrated to see Van Hansis ressurect the stereotype. It doesn't help us. I'm not saying people can't be the way they want to be, but the image of gay men on daytime television serves us better if they (like us) are shown in the variety of ways we are. Is this making any sense?

by Anonymousreply 108October 5, 2024 11:36 AM

Rena Sofer is moving to New York. I guess no contract in the works for Rena. She said she remains available to GH whenever they call her. She must not be slated to play a big role in whatever maternity/paternity reveal is on the horizon for unnecessary Giolin.

How does it work when a soap actor has to commute from out of state? Did GH pay for Roger Howarth who was on contract to fly back and forth from NY and provide him accommodations? IIRC, Y&R paid for Steve Burton to commute to and from Tennessee or somewhere which is why he took the job.

Do recurring characters like a Rena or now JPS provide their own transportation and accommodations? Is it worth it to the actor to pay their own way? I recall Max Gail lived in Oregon during his stint and Kathleen Gati now lives in Arizona. The kid who plays Scarlett Cassadine lives in Idaho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 5, 2024 12:19 PM

Lois never should have lost the Brooklyn accent.

by Anonymousreply 110October 5, 2024 12:28 PM

As much as I understand the need to have an adult actor vs. a minor to play the role of Aiden, Aiden looks way too mature in the first shot. They should have done better with lighting and makeup. He has circles under his eyes and doesn't look like a fresh-faced teenager.

Lucky's appearance is off-putting. I don't know if the stringy hair and scraggly facial hair is his "choice" or TPTB but they need to rethink the hobo Lucky look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 5, 2024 12:32 PM

Does Lucky’s ass stink?

by Anonymousreply 112October 5, 2024 12:40 PM

[quote]I thought that Ryan Carnes, like the guy who played Oliver on OLTL, defied the image of stereotyped gay characters. I'm so frustrated to see Van Hansis ressurect the stereotype. It doesn't help us. I'm not saying people can't be the way they want to be, but the image of gay men on daytime television serves us better if they (like us) are shown in the variety of ways we are. Is this making any sense?

Then whatever you do, DO NOT check out DOOL. Greg Rykart’s Leo Stark is every limp-wristed cliché ever imagined. He makes Hansis look like John Wayne.

by Anonymousreply 113October 5, 2024 12:48 PM

Maybe this is why we're now getting swole Adian

by Anonymousreply 114October 5, 2024 1:16 PM

People really hate the Aiden recast. Read the comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 5, 2024 1:18 PM

Just what we need - Van Hansis queening up Port Charles. No thanks!

by Anonymousreply 116October 5, 2024 1:23 PM

Was Ryan Carnes not available or they didn't even bother to contact him about returning?

by Anonymousreply 117October 5, 2024 1:29 PM

Just so we're clear, you're posting on a gay message board that you're upset that a gay actor playing a gay role is playing it too gay?

by Anonymousreply 118October 5, 2024 1:37 PM

R97 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 119October 5, 2024 1:49 PM

Previews For Next Week:

Monday, October 7th, 2024

Lucas visits Bobbie’s grave.

Holly encounters Brennan.

Robert makes a promise.

Lois is unnerved.

Chase and Brook Lynn are in for a shock.

Tuesday, October 8th, 2024

Robert and Holly get reacquainted.

Sam goes to see Alexis.

Elizabeth fears for Lucky.

Anna cautions Brennan.

Mac gives his two cents.

Wednesday, October 9th, 2024

Laura returns.

Anna and Jason clear the air.

Carly meets with Brennan.

Lucky seeks assistance.

Sonny briefs Kristina.

Thursday, October 10th, 2024

Laura and Lucky have an emotional reunion.

Dante is hopeful.

Sonny issues orders to Diane.

Michael runs interference.

Jason is reluctant.

Friday, October 11th, 2024

Sonny makes a big decision.

Anna questions Carly.

Brad confides in Cody.

Martin and Alexis strategize.

Ava has an unpleasant run-in.

by Anonymousreply 120October 5, 2024 2:00 PM

None of those previews mention anything about Lucky finally showering.

by Anonymousreply 121October 5, 2024 2:20 PM

Around The Rumor Mill:

Frank/Nathan's push for Jennifer Landon and Van Hansis were part of a marketing plan to poach ATWT actors, in an effort to compete directly with Procter & Gamble's Beyond The Gates, starring Tamara Tunie (ex-Jessica Griffin McKechnie Harris, ATWT). Upping the gay quotient- with an already depleting frau viewership for months now, something else for the audience outside of Frauville is very necessary- is also mentioned as a way to compete with Beyond The Gates, since they're planning to introduce two gay married men.

Steven Lars Webber, and possibly his daughter down the line, are expected to arrive.

Trey, a new guy for Trina that Mulcahey wanted to bring on, when he couldn't get Frank to sign off on Spencer being recast, is still expected as well.

Aiden will have a love interest, likely Tobias.

Molly and Dex/Josslyn and Giovanni are likely, though a new guy for Josslyn, like Eloi, isn't out of the question. The suggestion from Giovanni and Trina that Josslyn reconsider her Environmental Science career plans for working behind the scenes in music wasn't a throwaway line. Josslyn and Kristina could both find themselves headed in Eloi's direction. Frank wanted Lucky with Kristina, but Lucky and Liz are showing promise. Liz and Ric are glowing as well, but Ava and Ric are gaining steam. Isaiah was slated for Ava, yet he's now for Jordan.

Also, who exactly is Eloi's biological father? Giovanni's? Dex's?

by Anonymousreply 122October 5, 2024 2:35 PM

R101 Maura West is incredible. Glad she wasn't fired.

by Anonymousreply 123October 5, 2024 2:39 PM

R106 Ryan Carnes was more than willing to return to GH. Even though he has other projects, he made an effort to return whenever he was asked. Frank recast before and this time without Ryan in mind. Ryan's an excellent guy who didn't deserve to be strung along by Frank, waiting around for GH to call.

by Anonymousreply 124October 5, 2024 2:42 PM

R107 Absolutely

by Anonymousreply 125October 5, 2024 2:44 PM

Is Steven Lars having a daughter new? I don't recall a daughter...

Adam Huss and Ted King are doing a movie called Heavy Hitters together, wonder if they swapped Mo stories...

by Anonymousreply 126October 5, 2024 2:44 PM

R108 It makes sense for gay characters definitely need representation outside of stereotypes. Van is decent but they could've easily brought him on as another character, possibly a love interest for Brad. Ryan Carnes or even an actor similar to Ryan would've worked; this isn't anything against Van, for anytime they recast that isn't remotely like the original/predecessors it becomes somewhat of a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 127October 5, 2024 2:49 PM

R109 Correct, Rena didn't get offered any sort of long-term contract. Actors who commute were catered to when Brian Frons was in charge; that's no longer the case for contract actors. Recurring actors are definitely on the hook for their travels. Although, it wouldn't exactly be out to character for Frank or even the network to display favoritism.

Rebecca Budig commuted back and forth from LA to NY when Frons practically begged her to bring "The Real Greenlee Smythe" on canvas from Jan. 08-Feb. 09, even though there were fans who were warming up to Sabine Singh. Rebecca commuted on Frons/AMC's dime; same as Steve at GH when he relocated to Tennessee. When Frons moved AMC to California towards the end of 2009/ early 2010, bringing Rebecca in as Greenlee again was of high priority.

After Frons' exit, the network and Frank weren't as accommodating in regards to commuting actors. Steve stayed during Frank and Ron's first year to test everything out; Frank actually preferred for Steve to leave, since it would've made John and Sam's love story easier to sell. Phelps offered accommodations to Steve at Y&R that were similar, if not slightly better than what he had with her and Frons at GH, making it easier to not renew his contract.

Roger Howarth eventually rented an apartment in LA, after tiring of dealing with the commute. Mo's apartment with his roommate was a way to not deal with the commute as well, even though his home is in California. Steve has a second residence in California; Jonathan has followed suit.

by Anonymousreply 128October 5, 2024 3:18 PM

R113 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 129October 5, 2024 3:20 PM

R115 They hate that Aiden's gay. They're essentially telling on themselves. There wouldn't be this much hate if Aiden were straight, or if he were playing another character, for that matter. It is really beyond pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 130October 5, 2024 3:23 PM

Does ABC pay for Mo's apartment?

IIRC ABC leased Mo a car so his wife could chauffeur him back and forth? Or am I mistaken?

Whatever perks sputtering Mo is getting should be taken away and then hopefully he will throw a hissy fit and retire.

by Anonymousreply 131October 5, 2024 3:27 PM

R117 Ryan Carnes would've made himself available. Not too much different than Lexi Ainsworth willing to make herself available. Frank likes to go for "big soap names."

by Anonymousreply 132October 5, 2024 3:27 PM

R126 Not exactly, since she was supposed to be introduced during the time Guza was fired/GW's promotion to hw. She probably wasn't mentioned onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 133October 5, 2024 3:38 PM

R131 Technically no, but since his salary is pretty high, compared to everyone else's, its being paid for, essentially.

Good memory 😆 😆 that did take place. Mo's wife also came up with Sonny/Emily as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 134October 5, 2024 3:45 PM

I imagine Mo's wife to be just as insufferable as he is.

by Anonymousreply 135October 5, 2024 3:53 PM

R135 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 136October 5, 2024 4:14 PM

Aiden may have rapidly aged but fuck, he wouldn't be the first one.

He is a bit swole but he doesn't look THAT much older.

JJ looks so small and wiry....maybe they should have him on an apple box!

by Anonymousreply 137October 5, 2024 8:54 PM

Does anyone know why Kelly Monaco had to be absent from so many episodes over the past year or two? Was she suffering from some kind of illness?

by Anonymousreply 138October 6, 2024 1:39 AM

I just saw JPS on an episode of 2 Broke Girls.

My favorite sitcom performance of his was as Guy the ski instructor on Frasier.

Honorable mention to his Seinfeld episode and multi episode arc on Hot in Cleveland.

by Anonymousreply 139October 6, 2024 2:33 AM

R138 Kelly suffers from depression and hearing loss. She also has bouts with alcoholism, PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 140October 6, 2024 10:00 AM

She started mumbling after Drew/Sam were broken up and she and Billy stopped "acting". Viewers were commenting about her mumbling on various forums so her PR or management put out that she conveniently had a "hearing loss". What a coincidence! Sounds like a selective and intermittent hearing loss to me.

Long been stories of her alcoholism and abuse of whatever else. I recall stories of her getting fall down drunk with Cheryl Burke from DWTS. Weren't she and KStorms also "party" buddies? What did she and KStorms indulge in?

What is her PTSD from?

I started watching GH regularly after AMC was cancelled, I had only been an occasional viewer prior. I recall she looked like hell. Huge bags under her eyes for a long time. It was reported she broke up with a longtime boyfriend of over ten years. Sounds like she has a history of bringing her problems to work and being a mess.

Is she going to follow in Ingo's footsteps and claim in her lawsuit that the firing caused her to eat too much and have to move to Florida?

by Anonymousreply 141October 6, 2024 11:28 AM

Different stories, regarding what led up to Kelly's exit, currently floating around the rumor mill, yet some details were already known to be verified. Strictly rumored, take these with a grain of salt, although the details were similar enough that the stories are all included together:

*Kelly and Dominic were informed by the writers, Frank and Nathan, that they would be involved in a huge story, since the decision to bring Lulu on canvas again was confirmed. Kelly and Dominic were initially intrigued; a Lulu/Dante/Sam triangle was in the works.

*Kelly began having second thoughts about the story, quickly contradicting her original interest.

*Kelly shared details with Carmina and some of her friends, members of her fan club. They encouraged her to reconsider Jason and Sam, instead of playing third wheel in an inevitable Lulu and Dante reunion.

*Kelly asked Steve if he'd be open to a Jason & Sam redux. Steve politely declined Kelly's offer. Kelly then lets the writers, Frank and Nathan know that she's not interested in playing out any sort of Lulu/Dante/Sam triangle. Kelly issues demands regarding changing the story. However, they informed Kelly that the decision was a done deal. Domimic was informed by one of them of Kelly's duplicity.

*Kelly decides to go over their heads, requesting the network halt the impending storyline. The network refuses to budge. Kelly issues demands to the network, which aren't exactly taken kindly. The network informs Frank of Kelly's behavior, while siding with him. Frank uses this as an opportunity to throw Kelly under the bus, suggesting Kelly's firing instead of MW's.

*Kelly is called into the office and is informed of her firing, with Kelly also offered the opportunity to determine Sam's exit. The details of her firing were supposed to be kept secret, but Kelly or someone in her immediate circle leak the details to the media. Frank furiously decides that Sam's exit will consist of her meeting an untimely demise.

by Anonymousreply 142October 6, 2024 11:32 AM

*The writers being primarily Elizabeth Korte and Chris Van Etten at R142

by Anonymousreply 143October 6, 2024 11:34 AM

R141 😆 I see your points, but actually Kelly's hearing impairment, from a diving accident, were known years prior to Sam/Drew, way before Billy Miller joined. The mainstream media didn't bring it up until well after the fact, when the story was made public officially. I also heard that either her management or Carmina herself reiterated the story to the media, although it is actually a true story.

Monaco and Storms were indeed party buddies, they were known to indulge in alcohol and "allegedly" partake in certain drugs.

PTSD is from a series of traumatic events, one being her 20 year relationship with Mike, the incident with John Mayer, her penthouse being broken into and vandalized while she was there, losing exes Heath Freeman to a drug overdose, then Billy Miller to suicide, along with the fire that damaged her home. Kelly's been through quite a lot which she did bring to work and share with co-stars

Probably not surprising to some, but Kelly and Ingo have pretty much always been on good terms. Ingo and Nancy Lee were the ones who constantly clashed, even though they played best friends.

by Anonymousreply 144October 6, 2024 11:52 AM

What happened with John Mayer?

And why does Kelly have the authority to go to ABC execs to complain about storylines? I thought dictating storylines was a privilege reserved exclusively for Mo.

by Anonymousreply 145October 6, 2024 1:54 PM

Everyone at GH seems to try to assert that authority.

by Anonymousreply 146October 6, 2024 2:08 PM

Monkey see, monkey do

by Anonymousreply 147October 6, 2024 2:21 PM

Thanks, R140. I had not heard about her hearing loss.

by Anonymousreply 148October 6, 2024 4:23 PM

Tabyana on Mo's show again today. Not linking so as not to give him too many easy views. I'm disappointed in myself for watching but I wanted to hear what they said about NAC.

Neither ever mentioned NAC by name. At 12:00 mark Mo says you were very popular and "then he went off to do his thing" and she says "Congratulations to him" and Mo responds "yeah great".

He questions why her role has been diminished and she says she doesn't know. I'm not sure it's a good idea for her to go on Mo's show and suggest, although she did it very nicely, that she's disappointed in the direction her character has taken or that she has been diminished. Has she not met Frank? Is she not aware of his vindictiveness? She wanted the Trina character to turn dark in her grief.

He asked her about other problems. She said people don't like that she is black. Social media users said she was too dark, not pretty enough, looked like a monkey and they were going to hang or lynch her.

She decided to respond to twitter comments after Daytime Emmys and the continued comments about her looking like a monkey in her gown. Her twitter response was interpreted as "kind" when she in fact intended it to be harsh. She attributes the misinterpretation to God intervening and making her look better than she intended with her response. She didn't intend to be so nice. They talked about how the story went national and global.

She said she knows other soap "stars" have had similar problems. When she said "star" I was reminded of her friend Jacqueline Grace Lopez aka Blaze. Sidenote: There was a social media post about Tayana, Evan and Jaqueline getting together to watch a movie Tabyana is currently in.

Mo LOVES it when someone on social media says something negative about him and he responds and then ALL his many fans jump in to attack the person who criticized him.

Tabyana likes pigeons and wants a pet pigeon.

by Anonymousreply 149October 6, 2024 6:41 PM

R145 Kelly and John had a brief fling after meeting at a club in LA, while he was in between his high profile relationships; Kelly was pretty much on the rebound from Mike Gonzales. When John started dating Katy Perry, they had a history of being off and on, reportedly because of John's cheating. Kelly was slut shamed for her "alleged" inappropriateness for continuing to entertain John, even though he had a relationship with Katy.

by Anonymousreply 150October 6, 2024 6:45 PM

*Mike Gonzalez, should say at R150

by Anonymousreply 151October 6, 2024 6:49 PM

R145 You forgot to add in LW and SB in regards to that authority 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 152October 6, 2024 6:52 PM

R146 Absolutely

by Anonymousreply 153October 6, 2024 6:53 PM

R148 YW it happened way before she started in soaps. Its seemed to progress over the years.

by Anonymousreply 154October 6, 2024 6:55 PM

[quote]Neither ever mentioned NAC by name. At 12:00 mark Mo says you were very popular and "then he went off to do his thing" and she says "Congratulations to him" and Mo responds "yeah great".

Talk about subtext.

by Anonymousreply 155October 6, 2024 6:57 PM

I mentioned the 24 hour GH channel on Freevee earlier, and am still watching with some regularity. In story, Kiki was just murdered, and Griffin is being held by the PCPD. Oscar is starting cancer treatment. I remember being disinterested in the show at the time, but watching again with BM's Drew, Kim Nero, Julian Jerome, Stafford's Nina, Howarth's Franco, Shiloh, etc., it's pretty good. Current GH is a shell of what it was (in story and cast) just 5 or so years ago

by Anonymousreply 156October 6, 2024 7:05 PM

R149 Thanks for your synopsis. What's interesting is that many have already drawn the conclusion that Frank is practicing his pettiness out on Tabyana by refusing to give her a storyline, since the Sprina fans pissed him off. Surely Mo and Tabyana are aware of this, so I guess Mo wanted her take on the matter. I remember her wanting Trina to go dark, yet Frank's not exactly a fan of being told what to do; however, had she suggested specifically a dark storyline for Trina, that might've piqued his interest, except the Sprina fan base isn't on Frank's good side, therefore it probably wouldn't have been greenlit. Renegotiations for her contract are taking place within a few months.

by Anonymousreply 157October 6, 2024 7:08 PM

R149 Tabyana, Eden and even Giovanni, among other younger actors, do see themselves somewhat as "soap stars" with Haley Pullos fitting into that mix as well. Although, in Tabyana's defense, she's not nearly as reckless as Haley, nor as insufferable as Jacqueline.

by Anonymousreply 158October 6, 2024 7:12 PM

R155 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 159October 6, 2024 7:14 PM

NAC was closer to Tabyana than he ever was with Mo, though that's when they were working together. Same with NAC and Avery, however, while Tabyana and Avery are still close, NAC is more aligned with Eden, Evan and Giovanni (even though NAC never actually worked alongside Giovanni)

by Anonymousreply 160October 6, 2024 7:20 PM

I forgot to mention Gio as part of the viewing party for Tabyana's movie. It's Tabyana, Jacqueline, Evan and Gio getting together to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 161October 6, 2024 7:25 PM

R156 Sometimes watching previous airings helps to appreciate how things pretty much went downhill. Although there were many complaints back then, compared to now its pretty different.

by Anonymousreply 162October 6, 2024 7:28 PM

Watching despondent, gun-toting Ava confront helpless, handcuffed Griffin over Kiki's murder is a reminder that the great MW has been given very little of import to do for the last few years. Her filleting of him (and the interrogation room) is a master class.

by Anonymousreply 163October 6, 2024 7:36 PM

Was the Shiloh actor fired strictly because of the ABC no rapists mandate or was there more to it?

Wish he hadn't been so salty in his interviews afterwards so they could have brought him back as another character. He was a good actor.

If you aren't Tony Geary retiring, you can't go scorched earth in interviews after you leave!

by Anonymousreply 164October 6, 2024 7:37 PM

R76, Hearst is on his way back

by Anonymousreply 165October 6, 2024 8:29 PM

R160 NAC is not friends with Eden. Never was. lol.

by Anonymousreply 166October 6, 2024 8:30 PM

Lulu you got all Fs on your report card!

by Anonymousreply 167October 6, 2024 8:37 PM

If anything thinks Monaco wasn’t phoning it in until after Billy Miller was fired then they clearly weren’t watching before he joined the show. She was checked out even Steve left in 2012. She perked back up during the cat shit story with Sam, which Billy was going on and on about how she deserved an Emmy, and when no one voted for her, she clocked out again.

She was spoiled by ABC and Frons for many years, lasted through multiple regimes only because of her pairing with SBu and now she’s getting the boot. Vets were forced out or put on the backburner to accommodate Frons forcing her onto the show in 2003. It happens. But, of course, she’s on her Victim Tour while mommy tweets.

by Anonymousreply 168October 6, 2024 9:05 PM

It sounds like Kelly made the mistake of thinking she was bulletproof. Maybe it was based on her previous status because of Frons. Someone here once suggested that she had dirt on some ABC executives; maybe those executives are now gone. Either way, I don't think anyone on that show is bulletproof since it appears that they are just fighting to stay on air. The one lesson about soaps is that heavy hitters may walk around like their shit doesn't stink but are quickly dispensed with when they've outlived their usefulness. Laura Wright should take note of what's happened to Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 169October 6, 2024 9:19 PM

Is Michele Val Jean of The Gates a Snarly/LW fan? Any chance Michele can do us a favor and entice LW over to The Gates to play a D.C. Majorie Taylor Greene type? I think it would perfect casting. Snarl, clomp, annoying laugh.

by Anonymousreply 170October 6, 2024 9:28 PM

Grandpa spit in his tomb

Grandma washed her piss rags

Brother drank whiskey

by Anonymousreply 171October 6, 2024 9:31 PM

I’ll never understand why Valentini hasn’t been fired. Bull fucking shit that it’s because he can manage the budget. He can’t manage the dropping ratings!!!!

by Anonymousreply 172October 6, 2024 9:46 PM

Poor Tabyana, subjecting herself to another round of Maurice Microaggression Theater.

“So…people didn’t like you or something?”

“They didn’t like that I’m black.”

by Anonymousreply 173October 6, 2024 9:57 PM

Maura West, Kathleen Gati and Lydia Look at an Uncle Vinnie's fan event this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 6, 2024 10:28 PM

r165 Hearst IS back. But that comment of mine at R76 = Mo usually defuses competition or gets rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 175October 6, 2024 11:28 PM

Tabyana - get rid of that annoying fucking squeaky voice!!!

by Anonymousreply 176October 6, 2024 11:30 PM

*hack*

by Anonymousreply 177October 7, 2024 12:39 AM

R172. I think he hasn't been fired because ABC wants to cancel anyway. Maybe they're waiting to see how BtG does before making a decision. It's clear though...these "star studded" returns haven't helped anything.

by Anonymousreply 178October 7, 2024 2:05 AM

R61 - Isn't Lavoisier 45 years old? I'd say that it's a bit too much of a SORAS for Dillon. In real time, Dillon would be 32, but if they made him 45 then that would push Maxie and Lulu closer to 50.

by Anonymousreply 179October 7, 2024 2:10 AM

Dunno why Frank got so bent out of shape about Sprina since for a while there it was the only enjoyable storyline on the show.

I miss NAC…if he had to leave then I wish it hadn’t been for Ryan Murphy dreck.

by Anonymousreply 180October 7, 2024 2:13 AM

[quote] If only Sonny could fall into the water never to return and Ric would be the star of the show......

That's not very socially conscious of you. If Sonny fell into the water, just imagine how much damage that oil slick would do to the harbor! The black hair dye alone with kill countless species of sea life.

by Anonymousreply 181October 7, 2024 2:14 AM

[quote] And Lucky STILL hasn't showered.

That's how he's going to be rescued. Jason will be able to smell him all the way from Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 182October 7, 2024 2:19 AM

R164 Coby Ryan McLaughlin, another decent guy, was fired before the "no rapist policy" was in place. Frank didn't necessarily like how open Coby was with fans, which was some of the reason why William de Vry rubbed Frank the wrong way, though Frank really couldn't stand William. Coby wasn't intended to be there short-term, for he was offered long-term initially before being cut. The exit interviews didn't help, that's correct, in terms of not returning in another role. Adam Huss, btw, was also up for Shiloh.

by Anonymousreply 183October 7, 2024 2:20 AM

R166 Not true. Eden had a crush on NAC at one point; Laura Wright even wanted Josslyn and Spencer together until Spencer and Trina gained traction. Eden always made a point to befriend NAC; he's friends with William Lipton as well. NAC selectively spent time with certain actors off set, like Giovanni for example, on an individual basis, not with Eden, Evan and Tabyana when they tried to get him to attend certain parties and whatnot, but Eden definitely befriended him. He's more closer to the younger male costars but he was still receptive to Eden after no longer associating with Sydney, Avery nor Tabyana.

by Anonymousreply 184October 7, 2024 2:30 AM

Makes me wonder if all the teen/young adult actors over the years had the same trials and tribulations. Ami Dolenz as Martha McKee was a doll by all accounts!

by Anonymousreply 185October 7, 2024 2:41 AM

R170 Marjorie Taylor Greene type 😁😁 Laura Wright kisses up very well; they're cordial enough for her to get a role through Michele val Jean, though she'd most likely look at Sarah or Tamara before her. Vanessa Marcil is extremely close with Michele, so she'd definitely get a role before Wright.

by Anonymousreply 186October 7, 2024 2:47 AM

R178 😁 they're trying desperately to hold on to GH. It will be interesting to see if GH is still in last place soon.

by Anonymousreply 187October 7, 2024 2:52 AM

R178 The "star studded" is funny btw 😁

by Anonymousreply 188October 7, 2024 2:54 AM

R179 Right John-Paul is almost 45 but Dillon was aged up with everyone else in his age range. Dillon should be around 36 or so.

by Anonymousreply 189October 7, 2024 2:56 AM

R180 You're saying John-Paul is too old lol but Frank never really cares for actual ages of the actors. Alexa Havins is the same age as John-Paul yet Lulu is 36.

by Anonymousreply 190October 7, 2024 3:00 AM

That was meant for R179 at R190

by Anonymousreply 191October 7, 2024 3:01 AM

R180 😁 Frank is bent out of shape over the Sprina fans, which effectively ruined Sprina. The Sprina fans are pretty expressive, sending gifts and bombarding social media with the trials and tribulations that Sprina endured. Frank apparently did not take any of that lightly, so he refused to recast and placed Trina on the sidelines. The fans are still complaining about Sprina.

by Anonymousreply 192October 7, 2024 3:08 AM

I don't know anything, and this is just speculation based on something I saw on Reddit, but I would bet that GH could wrap up in the summer of 2025. ABC is supposedly developing two old game shows and a new hot topics/pop culture type show for Sara Haines. The game shows could also be for primetime, but the Sara Haines show is specifically targeted towards daytime.

by Anonymousreply 193October 7, 2024 3:34 AM

Sara Haines must have something on the head of ABC daytime...they just won't stop pushing her down out throats.

by Anonymousreply 194October 7, 2024 3:43 AM

R193 GH of course can be cancelled at anytime by ABC. They've just tried their best to keep it, for they see GH as their flagship daytime show, pretty much their anchor. However, the ratings are reflecting otherwise. Frank and Korte, as many mentioned already, decided to cater to themselves instead of the audience. Nathan is trying to salvage the show without cutting ties with his friends. ABC, like CBS, are usually looking at other daytime talk shows and certain game shows as well, so the shows you're referring to could be for daytime. GMA 3rd hour potentially might be replaced, then there's an additional hour in some areas that was given to affiliates, 3-4pm in Los Angeles, for example.

by Anonymousreply 195October 7, 2024 3:56 AM

R194 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 196October 7, 2024 3:58 AM

Is Live with the Ripa-Consueloes the number two talk show on all channels after The View?

by Anonymousreply 197October 7, 2024 4:02 AM

R193 If you don't mind answering, say GH were to be replaced by game shows or Sara Haines, how would you feel? Are you still actively watching or have you already checked out of GH?

by Anonymousreply 198October 7, 2024 4:04 AM

You'd think the Princess of the Poconos was being publicly executed the way this bitch keeps going on about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 7, 2024 4:15 AM

R198, I'm a fan of soap opera. I would be sad to see any soap canceled. My issue with GH is that it's all behind-the-scenes drama and egos. And this is not to say that other soaps don't have behind-the-scenes drama, but GH just sounds nasty as fuck and agenda-driven in a way that the others are not. I still watch the show in pieces. Basically, I can get through an episode in 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 200October 7, 2024 4:17 AM

[quote] Fired

Terminated!

by Anonymousreply 201October 7, 2024 4:19 AM

What fingerprint will Samantha McCall leave on the show? It's not like a Steve Hardy or an elder Quartermaine's legacy. The only lasting memory of her 5 years from now will be Danny and Scout. After 21 years on the show, that's not something to crow about.

by Anonymousreply 202October 7, 2024 4:21 AM

R197 That's true. Since Live With Kelly and Mark is syndicated, it's the number one syndicated daytime program, while The View is the number one broadcast television daytime program. However, the ratings for Live With Kelly and Mark are right there practically with The View. The Third Hour of Today with Hoda and Jenna is up there after them.

by Anonymousreply 203October 7, 2024 4:21 AM

Correcting myself at R203, Live With Kelly and Mark is the number one syndicated daytime talk show, while The View is the number one broadcast television daytime talk show. Wheel of Fortune is the number one syndicated program, while The Price Is Right reigns as the number one broadcast television program.

by Anonymousreply 204October 7, 2024 4:24 AM

R203. Thanks for the info! Yeah, them doing a traditional talk show then to replace GH wouldn't be out of the question. Just not a specialty show like The Chew or The Revolution...

by Anonymousreply 205October 7, 2024 4:25 AM

*The Price Is Right reigns as the number one broadcast program, in daytime at R204

Since Wheel of Fortune airs in evening hours for many markets, Family Feud or Judge Judy would be considered the highest rated syndicated daytime program, depending on which time they're aired.

by Anonymousreply 206October 7, 2024 4:27 AM

R199 😊

by Anonymousreply 207October 7, 2024 4:30 AM

Daytime hours are considered anywhere between 7am-8pm local time, so Wheel of Fortune would technically be the number one syndicated show, I should say at R206

by Anonymousreply 208October 7, 2024 4:39 AM

R200 Excellent points. Actually I've noticed that plenty of viewers shared similar opinions to yours, from not exactly wanting to face cancellation, to watching sporadically. Backstage agendas are definitely an issue.

by Anonymousreply 209October 7, 2024 4:45 AM

R205 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 210October 7, 2024 4:47 AM

R202 - Samantha will long be remembered by the town menfolk for the eternal gift of herpes. She single-handedly drove the sales of Valtrex into the black for more than two decades.

by Anonymousreply 211October 7, 2024 4:52 AM

Kelly filmed her last scenes. What does she think her or her mouthpiece mother bleating to Michael Fairman and all the other soap reporters is going to accomplish now? Unless the final scenes left if open for her to be found alive? But if she is going to be Lulu's liver donor then it's a done deal.

She doesn't want to have to go another soap and actually have to put forth effort rather than be on autopilot.

by Anonymousreply 212October 7, 2024 12:51 PM

Exit interview with Kelly Monaco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 7, 2024 5:39 PM

Exit interview? It’s a quote from an Instagram post.

by Anonymousreply 214October 7, 2024 5:47 PM

I remember the days when Billy Miller talked about her very hairy snatch that he loved eating out. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 215October 7, 2024 5:55 PM

R212 There's an explanation that Kelly fans have drawn up. Remember Alicia Montenegro, Sam's doppelganger? Instead of Sam perishing, the fans want Alicia killed off, so Kelly can be reinstated as Sam, like none of this ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 216October 7, 2024 6:40 PM

The guy they had to go rescue so LuLu could have a donor kidney is back for two weeks now. Any reason he hasn't washed his hair? He's still a greasy mess coming in and out of the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 217October 7, 2024 6:43 PM

Although she would prefer GH, Kelly is rumored to be considering DOOL and Y&R, which were two landing spots referenced when her termination became public.

by Anonymousreply 218October 7, 2024 6:55 PM

I hope they saved Maxie's wardrobe for Michael.

by Anonymousreply 219October 7, 2024 6:57 PM

Monaco considering two shows that haven't shown interest in her seems a bit nuts. And sad.

by Anonymousreply 220October 7, 2024 6:59 PM

R219 Maxie and Michael are possibly a future couple, once Michael and Willow implode.

by Anonymousreply 221October 7, 2024 7:00 PM

R220 😆 😆 no they did show interest, well it was speculation that they were interested.

by Anonymousreply 222October 7, 2024 7:01 PM

[quote]The guy they had to go rescue so LuLu could have a donor kidney is back for two weeks now. Any reason he hasn't washed his hair? He's still a greasy mess coming in and out of the hospital.

You mean Lucky?

Yes, we've been commenting repeatedly on this thread about his unkempt appearance and his need for a shower.

Should we all chip in and send Jonathan Jackson a bottle of shampoo?

by Anonymousreply 223October 7, 2024 7:02 PM

R223 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 224October 7, 2024 7:04 PM

Maybe Laura will insist her son take a shower when she finally returns.

by Anonymousreply 225October 7, 2024 7:09 PM

Lucky: "I've missed you, son."

Aiden: "Gurl, you're a mess."

by Anonymousreply 226October 7, 2024 7:40 PM

[quote] Ryan Carnes was more than willing to return to GH. Even though he has other projects, he made an effort to return whenever he was asked. Frank recast before and this time without Ryan in mind.

I always got the impression that Ryan Carnes was willing to play Lucas occasionally, but had limited availability.

That was evident in the way the Wiley baby switch story was more about Julian, the grandfather, than it was about Lucas, the father, who rarely had any scenes during this story. Who writes baby switch stories focusing on the grandfather?!?!?!?

It was especially evident in the way the Wiley reveal episodes played out where Lucas was in and out in just a handful of episodes. And there were no aftermath scenes involving Lucas.

Now four years later, we're finally getting those aftermath scenes with Lucas telling Brad to fuck off on Friday. And presumably, Lucas will be visiting his son turned nephew in an upcoming episode.

by Anonymousreply 227October 7, 2024 7:59 PM

Lucas was a little bitch to Brad on Friday. I can only think Carnes wouldn't have played it so "back alley after a drunken night at the Abbey." Vanna excels at that...

by Anonymousreply 228October 7, 2024 8:02 PM

Wiley and "Great Uncle Lucas" hashed it out over BLTs at Boobie's today.

by Anonymousreply 229October 7, 2024 8:05 PM

Daily Mail making sure to list Kelly's age of 48 in their headline, lol.

by Anonymousreply 230October 7, 2024 9:19 PM

Van Hansis is playing Lucas too queeney. Lucas was never that flamboyant. Tone the fagginess down. We get it. You’re gay. Stop being such a queen. Lucas was never like that.

by Anonymousreply 231October 8, 2024 1:13 AM

What's with Diane's 1960s Beatles wig?

by Anonymousreply 232October 8, 2024 1:15 AM

Sorry but Tristan needs to retire. He has had a good innings. He can't be hurting financially; he's had one divorce and it was 40 years ago and no children from that marriage.

by Anonymousreply 233October 8, 2024 1:28 AM

R227 Ryan Carnes was more than willing to play Lucas regularly. He would take outside projects because he was underutilized at GH, but the way Frank films, if he were intended to play an integral role in the story, he would've been able to. The baby story was written by Chris Van Etten and Shelly Altman originally, yet Frank, of course, had his hands hovering over it as well.

Lucas was never meant to play a significant role in the story, which was Frank's and the writer's doing, as to supposedly not make it too much of a "gay story." Since the fraus were complaining about Aiden being a gay or trans child, with Brad and Lucas helping him to accept himself, after being contacted by Liz and Franco, forced the network to reverse course and stop focusing on gay themed storylines, including Kristina's bisexuality, they seemed to shy away from anything deemed "too gay" for the fraus taste. If somehow Ryan weren't available, Frank would've used that as an excuse to recast, which he eventually did, even though the recast, Matt Trudeau, wasn't exactly used either.

Supposedly there's going to be more focus on gay themed stories now because the ratings are slipping, after catering more directly to the fraus. The whole "lapsed viewers" retainment isn't exactly working; returning actors aren't bringing back lapsed viewers that were anticipated. The fraus are busy complaining about Aiden, but apparently it's falling on deaf ears.

Although, there was an actor who would constantly take breaks, interrupting stories in the manner you're referring to; that was Billy Miller (R.I.P.) who would frequently utilize his outs, interrupting storylines.

Julian was made to look bad as more of kicking someone while their down, since he was already on his way out. To add insult to injury, Frank made a point to have Julian's death occur on the anniversary of William de Vry's own father's death, knowing it would get to him personally.

by Anonymousreply 234October 8, 2024 1:50 AM

As conniving as Frank can be, should also add that it's not him nor the writers that don't want to write gay stories- it's ABC/Disney. Frank has had to deal with them also dictating storylines while at OLTL, when the Fish storyline was mandated to conclude after viewers complained about OLTL being "too gay."

by Anonymousreply 235October 8, 2024 2:00 AM

Days of our Lives has gotten lots of mileage and good press from its gay storylines.

Back in the day, the only thing bringing any positive attention to ATWT was Nuke.

by Anonymousreply 236October 8, 2024 2:12 AM

But seriously, they really SHOULD bring Jake Silbermann on as some mobster.

His pendulousness would get all the fraus wet and the gays too!

by Anonymousreply 237October 8, 2024 3:59 AM

R236 Right, although didn't they have complaints about DOOL being too gay when Sonny and Will were written out? I'm not as familiar with DOOL as GH, but I really thought that might've occured. I think there were similar complaints at ATWT. However, ABC/Disney brand as you know is more "conservative" than Sony and Procter & Gamble, mostly. There were complaints about Adam Newman being bisexual on Y&R and any gay characters on B&B, even though their centered around the fashion industry, because of their international markets.

by Anonymousreply 238October 8, 2024 5:20 AM

I've always wondered why they couldn't have cut all three ABC soaps, AMC, OLTL and GH down to 30 minutes and kept all three soaps on the air.

Wouldn't that have cut costs sufficiently to keep them all going? Wouldn't that have given the writers more time write to better storylines? Less pressure to churn everything out so quickly resulting in higher quality results?

by Anonymousreply 239October 8, 2024 4:12 PM

R239 It would've helped except ABC/Disney actually wanted out of the soap business completely, taking a page out of Procter & Gamble's book, after the cancellations of GL in 2009 and ATWT in 2010. Prior to that, ABC was willing to cancel OLTL in favor of DOOL with Sony, when NBC was considering letting DOOL go, after Passions went to DirecTV. Frons, who was never exactly a fan of OLTL, was willing to get rid of OLTL for DOOL, but NBC renegotiated with Sony.

Frons was still willing to sacrifice OLTL while ABC contemplated all three. Frons was instrumental in relocating AMC to Los Angeles, since New York proved too expensive to produce soaps, in an effort to keep AMC on the airwaves. After underperforming in the ratings, even often below OLTL, ABC was ready to pull the plug. GH was stagnant under Guza, justifying exiting from soaps completely, so they were on the chopping block as well; Frons convinced them to keep GH, though he wasn't able to salvage AMC.

The move to Prospect Park with AMC and OLTL as thirty minutues in length proved to be disastrous, though that was more on Prospect Park, not the half hour format. GH would've been thirty minutes as well, had they moved to Prospect Park. Frank and Ron obviously were able to reinvigorate GH, which derailed any move to Prospect Park.

Karey Burke, while president of ABC Entertainment, considered bringing back both AMC and OLTL as thirty minute soaps.

There were even talks of combining them both as one soap, which fans affectionately referenced as "All My Life."

by Anonymousreply 240October 8, 2024 5:20 PM

Days has stuck by its commitment to having gay characters for over a decade now.

They've moved various gays on and off the canvas, but have continually had a gay presence ever since bringing Sonny on and deciding to make Will gay back in 2011. Bravo to Ken Corday for sticking by that decision.

And here GH, which is run by gay men, has been wishy washy with its commitment to gay characters in the past two decades. I hope this latest dance with having gays on canvas is a long-term one. If GH can stick by its choice, it can bring a lot of positive buzz to the show just like it did Days and ATWT before that. And that buzz could bring in some new viewers . . .

by Anonymousreply 241October 8, 2024 5:51 PM

I'll never understand why soaps are still an hour. Or why the new soap is an hour. Although with so many commercials it ends up being 37-38 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 242October 8, 2024 7:33 PM

I think it's cheaper to pay everyone for an hour show (rates aren't doubled from half hour shows).

it's why they went to an hour to begin with; AW went to 90 minutes briefly; that was too much.

by Anonymousreply 243October 8, 2024 7:39 PM

GH would benefit greatly from a cancellation announcement and an "everything AND the kitchen sink" approach to storytelling and returns in its last months, with a need-to-know BTS understanding that if ratings exploded, the show would be saved.

by Anonymousreply 244October 8, 2024 8:06 PM

Okay. A serial killer hits the docks of Port Charles...12 characters need to go. One a month for a year. Who goes?

by Anonymousreply 245October 8, 2024 8:09 PM

Starting with November 2024:

BLQ. Gives us 11 months going forward of Chase being free!

Gio.

Cody.

Sasha.

Drew.

Willow.

Dex.

Joss.

Michael.

Jason.

Carly.

Sonny! And lights out!

by Anonymousreply 246October 8, 2024 8:21 PM

Diane, Martin, Kristina, Curtis, Willow, Drew, Violet, Spinelli, Olivia, Kevin, Carly, Sonny.

In that order.

by Anonymousreply 247October 8, 2024 8:23 PM

Sam. Blazerlyn. Robert. Monica. Dex. Natalia "Tits" LaRue. Giolin. T.J. Kristina. Kevin. Felicia. Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 248October 8, 2024 8:39 PM

I forgot giggly Natalia! Probably because I FF her. She needs to go. I'll swap out Willow and let her live so Nina has at least one living daughter and snuff out Natalia instead.

by Anonymousreply 249October 8, 2024 8:45 PM

Who the hell is Eva LaRue fucking to keep this pointless and deadly dull homophob on the canvas?

It sure ain't Frank, Nathan or Chris. They'd all run screaming if a vagina came anywhere close to their dicks.

Is it Korte?

by Anonymousreply 250October 8, 2024 8:50 PM

Thankfully St. Maria is only recurring but how in the world is Emma Samms under full contract? I just didn't have the nerve to kill poor Holly and her Long Covid off.

by Anonymousreply 251October 8, 2024 8:55 PM

Holly is a much more interesting character with lots of connections to the canvas, as well as a 40+ year history with the show.

Natalie is deadly dull and painfully boring. Only thing she's good at doing is jiggling her breasts. She would be forgotten 5 seconds after her final scene. Hell, some of us here are already forgetting she's on the canvas.

How about a cross-over with Y&R -- let Psycho Sharon come to Port Charles and kill Natalia off, then throw her body off a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 252October 8, 2024 9:03 PM

Emma Samms isn't on contract, her stint is already over. Someone posted this on X today along with photo of her already back in England.

by Anonymousreply 253October 8, 2024 9:14 PM

Wiley is hepped up on something...

by Anonymousreply 254October 8, 2024 9:21 PM

Emma Samms name comes right after Jonathan Jackson's and Sawandi Wilson's (Dr. Isaiah Gannon) names in the credits. That's what's leading some people to think she's on contract.

by Anonymousreply 255October 8, 2024 9:22 PM

Are they sending Ashford family members off canvas so they can build a Gannon family for Isaiah?

by Anonymousreply 256October 8, 2024 9:29 PM

Is anyone besides hat daddy leaving?

by Anonymousreply 257October 8, 2024 9:31 PM

Did we ever settle on where he might fit as a Gannon? Is he too old to be Rachel's?

by Anonymousreply 258October 8, 2024 9:31 PM

[quote]Is he too old to be Rachel's?

Haven't you ever heard of SORASing?

by Anonymousreply 259October 8, 2024 9:33 PM

Why yes I have. Thank you for checking. Normally, however, there is SOME semblance of the character being around the actual age maybe give or take 5 or so years. Now, if Rachel is never brought on, it would make zero difference.

by Anonymousreply 260October 8, 2024 9:39 PM

Since the Nora actress has made it clear she’s available for cameos, a tie to Rachel makes most sense imo.

by Anonymousreply 261October 8, 2024 9:40 PM

I want another RJ child and a reason to see handsome and charismatic Tim D Stickney

by Anonymousreply 262October 8, 2024 9:41 PM

r257, I'm just speculating.

Tanisha Harper (Jordan) is on contract yet rarely seen. That can't be financially feasible. Didn't they downgrade Hat Daddy from on contract yet rarely seen to recurring to now off canvas? They might follow the same pattern with her.

I don't foresee Tabyana sticking around when her contract is up which someone mentioned is soon. If they didn't offer Monaco with her 21 years more money, I doubt they are going to offer a newbie more money.

What if Portia gets caught, is she going to prison? When is Brooke's contract up?

I imagine The Gates will try to snag at least one of the Ashfords/Robinsons. Brooke brings soap nostalgia. One of the characters already cast on The Gates is a model, maybe they need another model and Tanisha would fit the bill.

by Anonymousreply 263October 8, 2024 9:53 PM

Brooke Kerr first aired in March or April 2020.

by Anonymousreply 264October 8, 2024 9:58 PM

Outside of appearances, how do you guys feel about Jonathan Jackson, acting-wise?

by Anonymousreply 265October 8, 2024 9:59 PM

R265. His tear while hugging Aiden killed me.

by Anonymousreply 266October 8, 2024 10:05 PM

If the rumors are true, GH needs to cut another 10%, which is $4 million, give or take.

by Anonymousreply 267October 8, 2024 10:07 PM

R256 😆 who would you like to see from the Gannon family? Hank, Nora, RJ, Rachel, Jamie?

by Anonymousreply 268October 8, 2024 10:08 PM

Lucky's tantrum at Bobbie's was.. a lot.

by Anonymousreply 269October 8, 2024 10:09 PM

JJ is already giving us Emmy worthy scenes. Especially his scenes with Aiden.

Maurice will be having some competition for Best Actor nominations.

But still wish he'd take a show and get a haircut.

by Anonymousreply 270October 8, 2024 10:10 PM

I don't know if I can give a fair assessment of JJ at this time as he is off-putting to look at, but I do feel he is channeling his inner Tony Geary.

Shower, shave, shampoo, STAT.

There may be a slight bump in ratings when he finally reunites with Laura but aside from that they blew it with the boring Sidwell story which went on too long.

I am very curious for LuluBabe to make her debut.

by Anonymousreply 271October 8, 2024 10:10 PM

R256 I'm laughing at the idea of Frank pissing off fans even more by replacing the Ashford's with Gannon's, not your actual question. It reminded me of when many believed Blaze's family were replacing the Ashford's, because Frank was pissed at Sprina fans

by Anonymousreply 272October 8, 2024 10:11 PM

R271. Lol! Lulubabe is FIRE!

by Anonymousreply 273October 8, 2024 10:13 PM

R257 Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, since he's not exactly well liked, however there's a rumoured Cameron Mathison exit on the horizon.

by Anonymousreply 274October 8, 2024 10:15 PM

RJ and Lindsay would wipe the floor with Sonny and Carly. Let Isaiah be their retconned love child.

by Anonymousreply 275October 8, 2024 10:16 PM

Anything for Catherine Hickland to come back! But, she is pretty successful now in Vegas with hubby Todd Fisher.

by Anonymousreply 276October 8, 2024 10:28 PM

But what if the Gannons are more interesting than the Ashfords?

They blew it with hat daddy, he started off all mysterious, maybe a mobster then that went no where. Then he was schizophrenic, then he wasn't.

How many different careers is Curtis going to have? Will he be the Quartermaine Chef after Sasha? Or maybe he has been covertly going to law school like Robert Scorpio and will be the next D.A.?

Sidenote: A big mistake they made was not keeping Phyllis and Lenny. The Lenny actor wanted to stay, he said so on Mo's show. Those two could have been Port Charles' wise old sages. They were both likeable. Lenny running Charlie's and Phyllis working as a nurse at GH with both dispensing sound advice to the younger ones and taking in wayward teens or whoever is in need. Old school soap stuff.

by Anonymousreply 277October 8, 2024 10:31 PM

R263 Frank being a wizard when it comes to dealing with the budget, reduces minimums along with pay cuts; usually someone, Tanisha Harper for example, will meet their minimums by the end of their cycle.

Brook Kerr should be good contract wise for awhile, though remember anyone can be dismissed at either 13 or 26 weeks, depending on which cycle. There's always possibilities of being terminated before contracts expire, though there aren't any particular rumors about her being off the show soon, only speculation because of Heather's storyline.

by Anonymousreply 278October 8, 2024 10:34 PM

R277. I just got the chills thinking of your line that Phyllis could be a nurse at GH dispensing wisdom. I know Jessie was the quintessential, however, does anyone else remember Nurse Georgia? She was wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 279October 8, 2024 10:34 PM

R267 Which rumors?

by Anonymousreply 280October 8, 2024 10:40 PM

Mathison is a natural born smarmy game show host and needs to go pursue that path full-time.

by Anonymousreply 281October 8, 2024 10:41 PM

R271 You'll see LuluBabe soon. It was timed around Genie's return from her vacation/Kelly Monaco's impending exit.

by Anonymousreply 282October 8, 2024 10:42 PM

*Kelly Monaco's impending exit onscreen, should say at R282

by Anonymousreply 283October 8, 2024 10:43 PM

If Frank wants to bring back fan faves, how about Howie and Jane Dawson? Teri Arnett? And, of course, Lucille March? She's Liz's grand-aunt and didn't die onscreen!

by Anonymousreply 284October 8, 2024 10:45 PM

R277 Phyllis and Lenny were actually considered as Portia's parents; there was a scene where Trina met Phyllis, not knowing that she was her grandmother, though that was all changed, with Phyllis eventually written out.

by Anonymousreply 285October 8, 2024 10:47 PM

I used to listen to a wonderful podcast back when podcasts were fresh and new (The Pine Valley Podcast) and the storyline for AMC was the arrival of Babe's twin who Krystal had sold (Marissa) at birth. Their nickname for her was "eBabe" since eBay was also fairly new to the zeitgeist.

by Anonymousreply 286October 8, 2024 10:48 PM

At the time they would have brought Phyllis on as Head Nurse, Epiphany was still there as Head Nurse.

by Anonymousreply 287October 8, 2024 10:49 PM

R284. I like it but Lucille would be 126 years old.

by Anonymousreply 288October 8, 2024 10:50 PM

R286 Do you still find soap podcasts pretty entertaining?

by Anonymousreply 289October 8, 2024 10:54 PM

R289. I honestly do not. I was a Daytime Confidential fan and then that went to hell quicker than Jamey Giddens' weight loss plan.

by Anonymousreply 290October 8, 2024 10:56 PM

Did they test Aiden or any of Lulu's children as a match?

by Anonymousreply 291October 8, 2024 11:51 PM

or maybe this is the start of the rumored Nicholas twin storyline which would be a perfect call back to how Nik was introduced

by Anonymousreply 292October 8, 2024 11:52 PM

R288 & R289, I was really Daytime Confidential’s podcast for years and years (and still listen occasionally)… I love Melodie and Mike. Melodie pops up here and there, but Mike seems to have just disappeared… does anyone know why?

by Anonymousreply 293October 9, 2024 12:26 AM

R293. I do not. Once Jillian became a full time thing, I had enough. The rudeness that she displays every single episode is just too much. My dream roster is Luke, Melodie, Mike, Regan, and Joshua.

by Anonymousreply 294October 9, 2024 12:40 AM

R294, I forgot about Regan! Loved her! You’re so right about Jillian. She’s a total bulldozer.

by Anonymousreply 295October 9, 2024 12:41 AM

Rebecca Herbst made me tear up today when Lucas found Liz crying in the break room. Great actress.

by Anonymousreply 296October 9, 2024 12:51 AM

The actor playing Aiden did really well in the going out scenes with Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 297October 9, 2024 12:53 AM

R297 here — not sure if that was Freudian or what… but I obviously meant the COMING out scenes.

Ugghhh!

by Anonymousreply 298October 9, 2024 12:54 AM

R184 Again, NAC was not friends with Eden. They hung out a handful of times but he was close to William, Sydney and Tabyana as well as Johnny Wactor and Marcus who was trying to get him to join Scientology. Early on he hung out with Avery but they had issues bts because she felt she should’ve known he was leaving. He didn’t tell her. It caused tension between them.

by Anonymousreply 299October 9, 2024 12:55 AM

JJ isn’t worth all this money. He was terrible today. I’m already over the tears and hysterics.

by Anonymousreply 300October 9, 2024 12:55 AM

Synopsis of Van Hansis interview with SOD:

He has sent in many self-tapes to GH over the years as he lives in NYC.

Surprised when he heard back on the latest self tape. Did Zoom with Frank and Teschner and got the job. Didn't know until he spoke with Frank & Teschner that Lucas was the role.

First scenes he taped were with Parry Shen and Cassandra James although on screen his first scenes were with LW. He said Parry was great. Didn't mention LW so that made me like him. That will probably change and he will need to start raving about LW a la Charles Mesure if he knows what's good for him.

by Anonymousreply 301October 9, 2024 1:05 AM

Frank couldn't get Slee to play this 80 year old "P.I."?

by Anonymousreply 302October 9, 2024 1:06 AM

Is Lucky going to pay Snarly for the damage to Bobbie's? Does he even have any money? Or is Laura going to foot the tab when she get's back tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 303October 9, 2024 1:10 AM

I don't think Laura has a ton of cash. If she did she'd be able to afford a volumizing shampoo.

by Anonymousreply 304October 9, 2024 1:16 AM

[quote]First scenes he taped were with Parry Shen and Cassandra James although on screen his first scenes were with LW. He said Parry was great. Didn't mention LW so that made me like him. That will probably change and he will need to start raving about LW a la Charles Mesure if he knows what's good for him.

For all we know, those scenes between Carly and Lucas on Friday may be the first and last time we see the two sublings together for months.

GH rarely played the Carly-Lucas relationship when Ryan Carnes was in the role. Hell, even when Ben Hogestyn was playing Lucas, you rarely had Carly-Lucas scenes. I don't see why that's suddenly going to change now with Van Hansis in the role.

by Anonymousreply 305October 9, 2024 2:04 AM

[quote] GH would benefit greatly from a cancellation announcement and an "everything AND the kitchen sink" approach to storytelling and returns in its last months, with a need-to-know BTS understanding that if ratings exploded, the show would be saved.

That saved the show 45 years ago, but it may be out of time.

by Anonymousreply 306October 9, 2024 2:10 AM

[quote]That saved the show 45 years ago

You're welcome! Ingrates!

by Anonymousreply 307October 9, 2024 2:21 AM

Poor Kin. There's gotta be a story to him leaving so abruptly.

by Anonymousreply 308October 9, 2024 6:09 AM

R299 And again, I'm reiterating that Eden made a point to befriend NAC- she even had a crush on him. I know all too well about him hanging out with William, Sydney and Tabyana but he also stayed more aligned with Eden after cutting off Sydney, Avery and Tabyana. I even stated that he's closer to the younger guys on the show, including Giovanni. I'm also aware about him being friends with Johnny Wactor and Marcus Coloma. I originally referenced that he became more aligned with Eden anyway after no longer communicating with- and unfollowing Sydney, Avery and Tabyana.

by Anonymousreply 309October 9, 2024 1:12 PM

Zero male eye candy now.

by Anonymousreply 310October 9, 2024 3:42 PM

Does anyone here who wanted Chris and Dan gone "because the show sucks" have any second thoughts now?

I'd take their stories and Dr. Obrecht and Britt and other stories and characters they had going on over this crap any day.

by Anonymousreply 311October 9, 2024 4:02 PM

Scott Reeves return to supply “eye candy”…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312October 9, 2024 4:26 PM

Steven Lars Webber back with Scott Reeves reprising the role for a visit.

by Anonymousreply 313October 9, 2024 4:27 PM

R312 Jinx that's what I was posted at R313 😆

by Anonymousreply 314October 9, 2024 4:30 PM

[quote]Scott Reeves return to supply “eye candy”…

The Scott Reeves of 2024 is not quite the eye candy that he was in 1991 when he started on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 315October 9, 2024 5:00 PM

Nicholas Pryor had died at 89. He was a character actor who appeared on many TV shows and soaps.

He's probably best remembered on soaps for playing Kevin's dad, ex-spy Victor Collins, on GH and Port Charles.

He also was part of the original cast of Another World in 1964, playing Tom Baxter, who got ingenue Pat Matthews pregnant. She would go on to have the first abortion ever performed on a soap, albeit a back alley abortion.

In the movies, he played Tom Cruise's father in Risky Business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316October 9, 2024 5:11 PM

I don't know much about DOOL. Are Mr. & Mrs. Scott Reeves the soap couple that had the cheating scandal and he made her quit then confess in front of their church members?

by Anonymousreply 317October 9, 2024 5:14 PM

Correct, r317.

by Anonymousreply 318October 9, 2024 5:16 PM

Scott Reeves looks older than Alley Mills....

by Anonymousreply 319October 9, 2024 6:43 PM

Why Frank, why? Seriously. Why in god’s heaven does Frank valentini have a job???????

by Anonymousreply 320October 9, 2024 7:38 PM

Steven Lars returning is not going to bring in viewers...it's not going to tie up any storylines...I think it's only happening to humanize Heather even more.

by Anonymousreply 321October 9, 2024 7:55 PM

Scandal? You all miss me.

by Anonymousreply 322October 9, 2024 8:04 PM

I mean, Scott Reeves may have been sort of cutely twinkish but she stayed with him and rejected THIS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 9, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote]Steven Lars returning is not going to bring in viewers...it's not going to tie up any storylines...I think it's only happening to humanize Heather even more.

Agreed, this is more about Heather than anything else.

But it will also give Elizabeth a relative to talk to. That is if they play up their brother-sister relationship, something the show really didn't do much the last time Steven Lars was on.

by Anonymousreply 324October 9, 2024 8:08 PM

R311 The problem with Chris and Dan is that they couldn't close. They had dozens of high-concept ideas, and tried too many at once, with none of them reaching a satisfying conclusion. The Hook Killer is a prime example. And Esme's (original) parentage and mysterious nanny, and rushed pregnancy, then even more rushed exit. The list goes on. They never zagged, or zigged: They just stopped.

Frank and Korte were there then, and are still there now. It doesn't take a genius...

by Anonymousreply 325October 9, 2024 8:15 PM

Has Lucky even bathed yet??

by Anonymousreply 326October 9, 2024 8:16 PM

Spoiler for Thursday: Laura slides a tube of Lume into Lucky's jacket pocket.

by Anonymousreply 327October 9, 2024 8:21 PM

The Emmy bait with JJ is already starting. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 328October 9, 2024 8:23 PM

Emmy bait started with Aiden's coming out on Monday and continued on Tuesday with his breakdown/tantrum in Kelly's/Bobbie's.

JJ is already proving himself a better actor than Maurice. And he's only been back six weeks.

No doubt Maurice has already started trying to get JJ fired.

by Anonymousreply 329October 9, 2024 8:34 PM

[quote] No doubt Maurice has already started trying to get JJ fired.

Apparently Mo's influence has already succeeded in denying JJ shower privileges.

by Anonymousreply 330October 9, 2024 9:03 PM

Claudia Zacchara mention...

They mentioned Steven Lars and now he's on his way back.

SJB in "talks"?

by Anonymousreply 331October 9, 2024 9:05 PM

[quote]Apparently Mo's influence has already succeeded in denying JJ shower privileges.

LOL!!!!!

I guess Mo's plan is to leave JJ so smelly that all his co-workers will demand Frank fire him. Thus, saving Mo from exerting his influence to get JJ fired.

by Anonymousreply 332October 9, 2024 9:12 PM

But JJ even got a shower in his dressing room! That thing must be all cobwebs by now.

by Anonymousreply 333October 9, 2024 9:47 PM

Mo Benard’s hair dye has seeped into his brain. It really is time to retire, Mo. Please and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 334October 9, 2024 9:52 PM

Why bring SJB back as Claudia? Who cares about long dead Claudia?

She could be the twin Bobbie gave birth to but never knew about. The twin who was living somewhere in Florida but never knew she was an adopted twin. That way we can have 2 Carlys. And a new love interest for Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 335October 9, 2024 10:07 PM

Like LW would allow that, R335!

by Anonymousreply 336October 9, 2024 10:09 PM

^^If she were smart she would. It could give her the best storyline in years if her character has to battle the other "Carly". And she could use an actress with SJB's talent to bring her up to form. They'd both get Emmy noms.

Or she could just be a cunt and refuse. (like Steve Burton five years ago. Didn't work out for him so well at the time).

by Anonymousreply 337October 9, 2024 10:12 PM

Well it would be a sure-fire way to make LW quit in a fury!

The cult story helped drive Stafford out, a Carly twin would be a million times worse!

Can we all chip in and hire a skywriter to suggest this idea to FV? Or maybe a billboard?

by Anonymousreply 338October 9, 2024 10:13 PM

I love this idea

by Anonymousreply 339October 9, 2024 10:14 PM

The funny thing is, Laura would be much better at playing a loud, tacky, flashy mobster like Claudia.

While SJB was the first and one of the best Carlys (TB also very good, of course).

by Anonymousreply 340October 9, 2024 11:19 PM

How many times has Sarah Brown been on Mo's show? At least twice.

She clearly wants her job back. Or rather, a job at GH. And she knows Mo can help facilitate that.

Maybe Sarah could replace Eva La Rue at Natalia.

But Carly's long lost fraternal twin sister could be fascinating, if written properly and acted properly.

by Anonymousreply 341October 9, 2024 11:40 PM

LW would be terrible in a role like Claudia. She was completely laughable when Carly tried to run that mob meeting when Sonny was in Nixon Falls, kitten heels and all. She’d be much better as the town MAGA bitch, harassing Aiden and telling Portia and family to go back to their own country.

by Anonymousreply 342October 9, 2024 11:57 PM

Exactly, r342, LW would be perfect as a trashy Marsha Blackburn, Marjorie Taylor Greene or Lauren Bobert type MAGAT bitch.

by Anonymousreply 343October 10, 2024 12:05 AM

R342 R343 😆 😆 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 344October 10, 2024 12:20 AM

But LW is the Queen of Jersey Gas Stations. She's a Zisk for God's sake!

by Anonymousreply 345October 10, 2024 12:22 AM

She has gas too? I can picture her ripping a loud trumpet but the wet ones, the gooeys, make me feel ill. And forget about "silent but deadly" everything she does makes way too much noise. She can't do silent.

by Anonymousreply 346October 10, 2024 12:41 AM

The fish that is GH is rotting from the head and the head is Mo, Laura and Steve. These three really fucked the entire show with their shenanigans and power plays. Fire them all.

by Anonymousreply 347October 10, 2024 1:48 AM

R345 Maryland! She was the queen of Maryland gas stations before blowing whoever cast her on Loving.

And she got her role on GL when GL decided that Cassie would not be Reva's twin sister (also played by Kim Zimmer) but a separate character. Maybe she's destined to be a twin.

They did kinda already do this when AW had twins Marley and Vicky - always played by one actress - played by two separate actresses (Vicky played by actress #4, and Marley played by actress #1)

by Anonymousreply 348October 10, 2024 2:59 AM

Sarah Brown is a cunt. Always a victim of mistreatment. Gee, Sarah, maybe YOU are the problem!

by Anonymousreply 349October 10, 2024 3:25 AM

Lucas is now a surgeon? Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 350October 10, 2024 4:09 AM

Is Lucky a doctor? I'm confused...

by Anonymousreply 351October 10, 2024 6:17 AM

R325, they may still be there but the show sucks to high holy hell.

by Anonymousreply 352October 10, 2024 7:35 AM

[quote] But if she is going to be Lulu's liver donor then it's a done deal.

Not necessarily.

by Anonymousreply 353October 10, 2024 1:22 PM

[quote] Maxie and Michael are possibly a future couple

I wonder if either of them would be put off by knowing his granduncle regularly porked her mom while she was married to professional nice guy, Mac.

by Anonymousreply 354October 10, 2024 1:27 PM

[quote] GH rarely played the Carly-Lucas relationship

It's weird since Carly and Lucas are not blood-related, like he is with Sam (half). Also, Carly broke his parents' marriage when Lucas was still a young child and Carly was his, ahem, grown-up nanny. Come to think of it, is Carly supposed to be 60 years old now?

by Anonymousreply 355October 10, 2024 1:52 PM

R315 - Alley Mills is only 15 years older than Scott Reeves. Dr. Jeff should be the one in jail...

by Anonymousreply 356October 10, 2024 1:59 PM

[quote] I guess Mo's plan is to leave JJ so smelly that all his co-workers will demand Frank fire him. Thus, saving Mo from exerting his influence to get JJ fired.

Maybe JJ can go on Mo's show to talk about his debilitating ablutophobia

by Anonymousreply 357October 10, 2024 2:03 PM

I think JJ will submit in Supporting. He'll only be on 4 months this year. Next year, he will go lead. Has Lucky even mentioned his Irish harpy of a wife, Siobhan? They're writing it as if he's only ever been with Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 358October 10, 2024 6:25 PM

Lucky was also with Maxie, Sarah and I think even Sam briefly. But Liz has always been his one true love. Well, her and Percodan.

by Anonymousreply 359October 10, 2024 8:24 PM

Diane: Sonny has a heart of gold.

Jason: The only thing that matters is that Carly and Sonny are okay.

Me: 🤮

by Anonymousreply 360October 10, 2024 8:25 PM

Don't bother reminding me, but I've already lost the narrative on what Carly is in trouble for this time.

by Anonymousreply 361October 10, 2024 8:40 PM

The thing about the Lucky-Maxie hook-up is that it was a junkie-pusher relationship.

Lucky (Greg Vaughan) was only with Maxie because she stole drugs from the hospital to give him. She enabled his addiction so she could get laid.

by Anonymousreply 362October 10, 2024 8:44 PM

That Lucky was worth going to jail for.

by Anonymousreply 363October 10, 2024 9:06 PM

That Lucky also knew how to shower and shampoo his hair.

by Anonymousreply 364October 10, 2024 9:10 PM

That Lucky wasn't easily mistaken for Jodie Foster......

by Anonymousreply 365October 10, 2024 9:26 PM

Elizabeth may be the love of Lucky's life, but I think Jason is the love of Elizabeth's life. The love of Jason's life has always been Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 366October 11, 2024 12:15 AM

THAT Lucky could get it.

by Anonymousreply 367October 11, 2024 12:24 AM

I hope they took the opportunity to have had lucky become a doctor off screen.

by Anonymousreply 368October 11, 2024 1:36 AM

Rumor has it that Steven Lars is bringing in a daughter to become heathers new fixation.

If it happens…

I wasn’t watching much in the guza jfp years…. Anyone seem likely to have been her mother? Anne Logan? Lol

by Anonymousreply 369October 11, 2024 1:38 AM

Will Avery Pohl play the daughter?

by Anonymousreply 370October 11, 2024 1:56 AM

Did Frank approve the budget for the 6 Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf powder canisters that always line the wall of the closet coffee shop that Krissy and Michael sat in today?

by Anonymousreply 371October 11, 2024 2:02 AM

I loved the Laura and Lucky scene, she held his greasy fucking hair and told him it was beautiful! He said he was thinking of getting it cut and she said no don't, it reminds her of Luke. MOM, TELL HIM HE NEEDS TO SHAMPOO AND SHOWER! Those cuts he has on his head must be filled with infectious pus!

by Anonymousreply 372October 11, 2024 2:53 AM

this show is a fcuking mess

Mansi horribly miscast; Kristina is a shrew, who tried to steal her sister's baby; the actress has urged fans to fastforward.

Cast losses: Dr. O, Britt, Bobbie.

Horrible recasts Ham Hansis as Lucas; Ryan Carnes was so much better.

Natalia. no.

I can't muster up the energy to describe the rest.

by Anonymousreply 373October 11, 2024 3:08 AM

I am liking Van as Lucas quite a lot. He seems to have settled into the role nicely, and the show feels better having him around.

No complaints about his casting in the least.

by Anonymousreply 374October 11, 2024 3:10 AM

[quote] He seems to have settled into the role nicely

In two episodes?

by Anonymousreply 375October 11, 2024 3:24 AM

it could be 100 episodes and he'll never be Lucas to me.

He was sooooo dramatic and over the top as Luke on ATWT.

Ryan Carnes played Lucas as confident, masculine. He was the only one among Magic Milo's dancers who seemed comfortable in his body and his scenes with Julian where they talked about him being gay were terrific.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376October 11, 2024 3:48 AM

Ryan Carnes at the Nurses Ball

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377October 11, 2024 3:54 AM

and at another ball

he's so confident in his moves, comfortable in his bodyi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378October 11, 2024 4:00 AM

[quote]In two episodes?

Van Hansis been in three episodes so far -- Friday, Monday and Tuesday.

And yes, because they're playing him with the vets who know and love Lucas, its helped with me feel comfortable with Van in the role. Especially the scenes where he met Wiley. I thought those were very well done. He really won me over after those scenes.

I also loved his scenes with Maxie. She's a character who really needs gay men around her. Their scenes together felt so natural.

by Anonymousreply 379October 11, 2024 5:34 AM

Kristina needs to be locked away somewhere. Everyone told her that basically she's a trash heap of a human and she needs to keep her mouth shut or everything will be 100 times worse...so, she goes to the shell of a woman formerally known as Anna Devane to tell her "everything." Kristina needs to be tested...she has to be special needs.

And shout out to yesterday when she told Sonny that Alexis can't be in jail because she has to manage her osteoporosis. If that doesn't age Nancy Lee Grahn, nothing will!

by Anonymousreply 380October 11, 2024 6:10 AM

Sometimes I don't understand what Aussie Brennan is saying.

Kristina 's face is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 381October 11, 2024 9:28 AM

Ham Hansis.

by Anonymousreply 382October 11, 2024 9:37 AM

[quote] Alexis can't be in jail because she has to manage her osteoporosis.

Bwaaaahaaaaahaaaa. Oh that's almost good enough to actually tune in and watch.

by Anonymousreply 383October 11, 2024 11:52 AM

[quote] Rumor has it that Steven Lars is bringing in a daughter…. Anyone seem likely to have been her mother?

Sarah Webber. Liz will be soooo jealous feeling left out.

by Anonymousreply 384October 11, 2024 11:53 AM

Step the fuck off Tamara Brown and SJB trolls, we now have a Ryan Carnes troll around here

by Anonymousreply 385October 11, 2024 12:22 PM

Frank must've thought transplanting beloved Luke from Oakdale to Port Charles might temper the frautrage of a front-burner gay story.

by Anonymousreply 386October 11, 2024 5:23 PM

R384

So Steven Lars is having a child with his other sister?

by Anonymousreply 387October 11, 2024 6:43 PM

Tamara Braun and Frank Valentini are never ever getting back together.

by Anonymousreply 388October 11, 2024 6:53 PM

Frank likes cock. Not snatch.

by Anonymousreply 389October 11, 2024 6:55 PM

After what Frank did to Tamara, I seriously doubt she would ever return to GH with him there.

by Anonymousreply 390October 11, 2024 6:57 PM

I meant professionally. R389.

Yep that was my point r390. Darn shame.

by Anonymousreply 391October 11, 2024 6:59 PM

They should limit daytime show-runners to 5 years, maybe even 3. Sustained power is not conducive to a creative environment. Look at Mo. That man is running on fumes from the nineties.

by Anonymousreply 392October 11, 2024 7:24 PM

The Ava/Lucas scenes were pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 393October 11, 2024 7:50 PM

I cannot stand Van queeny Hansis as Lucas. Ryan should be playing that role.

by Anonymousreply 394October 11, 2024 8:38 PM

DID THAT BITCH WAKE UP YET?

by Anonymousreply 395October 11, 2024 8:43 PM

#notmylucas lol

I’m glad to have gay representation on screen tied to a core family. I’ll leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 396October 11, 2024 9:03 PM

The opening credits feature the contract players and the recurring players (if they’re featured in that day’s episode), correct?

by Anonymousreply 397October 11, 2024 9:35 PM

After they transplant Sam's liver into Lulu, will there be a moment when Alexis leans in to listen to her daughter's organ producing bile for Lulu?

by Anonymousreply 398October 11, 2024 10:01 PM

Steven Lars is only hanging around for a few episodes.

I don’t consider Britt and Dr. O any major losses. They both overstayed their welcome. Heather needs to go though. Same with Natalia and Paw Patrol Dex.

by Anonymousreply 399October 11, 2024 10:15 PM

I would love it if Tamara came back to GH.

by Anonymousreply 400October 11, 2024 10:47 PM

I wanted Dante and Cody get down and dirty on today's ep

by Anonymousreply 401October 11, 2024 11:29 PM

r393

I agree but all I saw was Luke and Carly

by Anonymousreply 402October 11, 2024 11:30 PM

I’m that troll? II want Ryan back and I so need TB back ad Carly in order to tolerate the character. I’d even be cool with Greg Vaughan back as Lucky prefer his version in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 403October 11, 2024 11:53 PM

R366 😆

by Anonymousreply 404October 12, 2024 12:23 AM

R369 Right. The woman in question would be Charlotte, who married Steven Lars' best friend, while also expecting a baby presumably with his best friend, with the paternity being in question, if Charlotte would've came to town, going the Guza/Phelps, Wolf/Phelps route. Unless there's another woman from Steven Lars' dating history that the current regime would create, Charlotte would be the likely candidate. The daughter would be around Aiden's age by now. As mentioned, Steven Lars is only short-term, however there are some fans who want him back long-term, in the form of another recast.

Interesting to note that GH has had at least three Charlotte's mentioned; Charlotte "Carly" Roberts aka Reese Marshall, Charlotte from Steven Lars' dating history and Charlotte Cassadine.

by Anonymousreply 405October 12, 2024 12:35 AM

LW is easily one of the ugliest women in daytime history

by Anonymousreply 406October 12, 2024 12:49 AM

R386 Frautrage 😆 that has been referenced around the rumor mill, along with Frank hiring him as a way to steer the direction away from the Perez Hilton fiasco, with Perez being the one to out Van Hansis and Tyler Hanes while Van was on ATWT.

Also, Frank seems to be on a P&G kick, which is somewhat being attributed to Beyond the Gates. Jennifer Landon was his preferred Lulu before Alexa Havins, only after Jennifer apparently refused to accept Frank's offer, as mentioned already as well, Alexa was offered the part.

by Anonymousreply 407October 12, 2024 12:50 AM

R388 Yeah pretty safe bet that they're not Taylor 😆😆 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 408October 12, 2024 12:54 AM

R393, agree! Love Maura West and she and Hansis were great together.

by Anonymousreply 409October 12, 2024 12:54 AM

R392 Running on fumes from the nineties 😆

by Anonymousreply 410October 12, 2024 12:57 AM

Thank you r405

I appreciate all the info/insight.

by Anonymousreply 411October 12, 2024 12:58 AM

I cannot stand Van Hansis! And to find out he’s the latest one who BEGGED for a job and got hired? If you’re gay and a queen who sucks Frank’s dick - you’re hired!

by Anonymousreply 412October 12, 2024 12:58 AM

I was glad to hear that he sent in dozens of “auditions,” though.

by Anonymousreply 413October 12, 2024 1:00 AM

R397 Correct. More often than not it happens that way. Not really trying to pile on Jacqueline Grace Lopez, but there was a video of her showing herself in the theme song to her grandparents, if I'm not mistaken, after she was first included in the introduction. Although that was intended to be a sweet moment for her, some viewers found her actions comical.

by Anonymousreply 414October 12, 2024 1:03 AM

And only Frank’s favorite kiddies get to make it to the credits like Violet, Leo and dopey dead-eyed Wiley.

by Anonymousreply 415October 12, 2024 1:12 AM

Sarah Brown definitely wants another turn in soaps; Beyond the Gates was initially mentioned by her as the soap she wanted to join (past history with Sony isn't great, excluding all other soaps except GH) though she'd have to work with Guza again. They pissed each other off once she quit GH, after she critiqued the writing for Claudia; Sarah wasn't a fan of Claudia targeting children. Tony Geary was pissed off with Sarah for refusing to play that type of character; he said that played into him practically volunteering Luke, without question, as the driver who offed Jake.

by Anonymousreply 416October 12, 2024 1:31 AM

R399 Evan's great but Paw Patrol is spot on 😆

by Anonymousreply 417October 12, 2024 1:34 AM

R400 Tamara is an incredible actress. Personally wanted Steve and Laura to present her with the Daytime Emmy 😆 the whole Jason and Carly #4 present an award to Carly #2 would've been hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 418October 12, 2024 1:39 AM

R414 Jacqueline Grace Lopez really made a meal out of this whole thing. She claims she was blindsided by her dismissal because she was in the opening credits. For years those credits have featured both contract and recurring actors.

by Anonymousreply 419October 12, 2024 1:41 AM

Adam Harrington handled his dismissal with class. No whining. Must have been so disappointing to be signed to contract and expect steady income for a while only to be let go eight months later. Then Charles Mesure who was recurring gets to stay and signed to a contact and long term employment.

But if I'm being fair, Charles is the more charismatic and better actor so it was the right call if they could only keep one.

by Anonymousreply 420October 12, 2024 1:47 AM

R401 It would've been interesting if Dante and Cody's past secret included a homosexual affair between them 😃 😃 instead of some girl from their past arriving, before the story was dropped.

by Anonymousreply 421October 12, 2024 1:49 AM

R411 That's really nice of you to say. You are most welcome.

by Anonymousreply 422October 12, 2024 1:54 AM

R419 Without a doubt 😆 couldn't agree with you more.

by Anonymousreply 423October 12, 2024 2:00 AM

R420 Right, Adam handled his dismissal well. Wish Adam were another character instead of Jagger and also still on canvas. Some characters have more chemistry with the audience than co-stars at times.

by Anonymousreply 424October 12, 2024 2:07 AM

R420, I would have kept them both.

by Anonymousreply 425October 12, 2024 4:39 AM

so I'm guessing that Portia will either trick or blackmail Brad into helping cover her actions with the whole Heather Colbalt Blue switcheroo with Heather?

I would have gone up on my line or used a profanity when I hugged Josh, forcing a retake.

by Anonymousreply 426October 12, 2024 4:59 AM

Why doesn’t Adam Harrington send Frank 75 audition tapes until something happens? It worked for me.

by Anonymousreply 427October 12, 2024 7:09 AM

Jagger's story was poorly conceived, written and executed.

I initially had wanted them to keep both Jagger and Brennan but when Jagger didn't spark with Queen Ava I understood their decision. They had already tried him with Snarly and that didn't work either.

Perhaps Harrington would have been better in a different role but he didn't add any nuance to the Jagger role. He is very nice to look at.

by Anonymousreply 428October 12, 2024 1:26 PM

Adam Harrington just didn't have much oomph.

He should be a Thorne recast on B&B.

by Anonymousreply 429October 12, 2024 2:30 PM

[quote] Lulu Spencer Waking Up From a Long Nap

Big fucking deal. Do you have any idea how many times I've woken from a long DIRT nap?

by Anonymousreply 430October 12, 2024 3:21 PM

Maura and Ric Hearst are doing appearances together....

Tabyana also but I wonder if Ava/Rick are on the horizon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431October 12, 2024 4:53 PM

[quote]Jagger's story was poorly conceived, written and executed.

The story you saw was not the story that was pitched. We could start a whole thread on the number of rewritten stories that have been happening at GH for at least the last two years.

by Anonymousreply 432October 12, 2024 5:45 PM

Kin Shriner says there is a bar in Studio City called Residuals where you go and present your residual check for a drink. This is his Love Boat residual check

He's been very active on X lately. I think he's trying to stir up some "where's Scotty" momentum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433October 12, 2024 6:03 PM

Kin’s his own worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 434October 12, 2024 6:52 PM

Kin's out cruising for cock again, eh?

by Anonymousreply 435October 12, 2024 8:26 PM

[quote] Love Maura West and she and Hansis were great together.

I could totally see Ava as a fag hag extraordinaire, with Lucas as her gay boy friend. They'd be a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 436October 12, 2024 10:23 PM

Throw CW into the mix too. Anything has to be better than the dour shit she's doing now. Maura, Van and Cynthia would be a P&G reunion.

by Anonymousreply 437October 12, 2024 10:24 PM

Ric needs to stay and they better not throw him under the bus making him involved in Sam’s exit. I think jagger’s return would have been more Impactful with AS jr since it would have felt like the character! Or even Michael Sutton who played Stone playing Jagger. I hope young Stone comes back with a vengeance against his father’s murderer….like that Gosling film a place beyond the pines .

by Anonymousreply 438October 12, 2024 10:27 PM

Wasn't Stone (Jagger's son) autistic on one of the spin-offs?

by Anonymousreply 439October 12, 2024 10:31 PM

I use to see Kin all the time at the Smoke House in Burbank. He wasn't conversing much with ladies...

by Anonymousreply 440October 12, 2024 11:26 PM

I meant to say Maura, Rick and Cynthia would be a reunion. But same idea.

by Anonymousreply 441October 12, 2024 11:35 PM

I've been a soap viewer forever and I only remember the last several years, the networks announcing the new season started in Sept. for soaps; I think it was the CBS soaps announcing this.

the new years were always when their anniversaries would hit; Nov. for DAYS; March for Y&R and B&B: April for GH.

the shows are all unwatchable now. I'm hoping the Gates brings on a white family and that the people involved show up with passion and not the 'eh, let's just crank out another show' attitude that people today have at the others.

by Anonymousreply 442October 13, 2024 5:00 AM

If Michael Sutton had played Jagger, I'd never want to see him in a scene with Robin.

I'm sure Kate Mansi would encourage me to fast forward such a scene.

the writing on this show is abysmal.

Is Sonny ever going to be held accountable? Even in Nixon Falls he knew that he was SOMEONE and that person had family out there and he KNEW he was married because he had a wedding ring on.

Cobalt poisoning or not, Heather has done all kinds of heinous shit; she shouldn't be wandering around Port Charles a free woman ever.

Lucky needs a bath. NuNu Aiden looks too old to be Lucky's son. The show's taken immeasurable losses with Jackie Zeman's passing, Leslie Charleson no longer appearing regularly, and Kin's antics getting him booted out of Port Charles -- or whatever happened. How many times did he tweet Scotty Baldwin has left the bldg?

We can't root for Sonny anymore. He shot Jagger in cold blood. Dude was a father to an autistic son. Kristina was going to steal her sister's baby and TJ's. She's soooo unlikeable.

I preferred Ryan to Van as Lucas. Who killed Austin? Who cares? Killing Britt was a mistake. I could go on.

Ironically, if GH submits Bobbie's memorial, show was still written by Chris and Dan, and one other show, they could win Best Show again. I know DT Emmys don't mean squat but I'm sure the rest of the industry is sick of going to the GH awards on CBS.

by Anonymousreply 443October 13, 2024 5:31 AM

R440 - What's the Smoke House? Wasn't it straight bar, mixed, or gay?

by Anonymousreply 444October 13, 2024 12:36 PM

Previews For Next Week:

Monday, October 14th, 2024

Alexis' fate is determined.

Dex offers an understanding ear.

Elizabeth opens up to Terry about Lucky.

Ric shocks Curtis.

Brad makes a bold move.

---------------------------------

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024

Ned makes a proposal to Drew.

Michael is tempted.

Brook Lynn and Tracy clash.

Sam receives important news.

Isaiah springs to action.

--------------------------------

Wednesday, October 16th, 2024

Brennan ambushes Anna.

Elizabeth and Portia are puzzled.

Jordan and Isaiah go to dinner.

Sasha makes a request of Michael.

Tracy has words with Cody.

--------------------------------

Thursday, October 17th, 2024

Ric plays dirty.

Holly has some explaining to do.

Sasha gets life-altering news.

Dante and Sam are relieved.

Tracy offers her assistance to Cody.

-------------------------------

Friday, October 18th, 2024

Felicia encourages Holly.

Laura and Tracy discuss the past.

Ned comforts Brook Lynn.

Tensions flare between Molly and Kristina.

Elizabeth updates Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 445October 13, 2024 12:55 PM

Tony Geary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446October 13, 2024 12:57 PM

What life altering news does Sasha get?

Is she finally getting a family and a backstory to justify her existence? Who is she related to? Tad Martin Grey?

Or perhaps she will work with Lois' speech coach and ditch the combo vocal fry/valley girl accent. I know, I know, the actress is Swedish and English is not her first language, but I still find her voice annoying.

by Anonymousreply 447October 13, 2024 1:01 PM

[quote] Dex offers an understanding ear.

You misspelled rear.

[quote] Elizabeth opens up to Terry about Lucky.

Finally, some scissoring.

[quote] Ric shocks Curtis.

By announcing that yes, he is straight.

[quote] Ned makes a proposal to Drew.

And Lois and Olivia are mortified.

[quote] Michael is tempted.

But he's to scared to do prison time again, so lifts the pillow from Willow's face

[quote] Sam receives important news.

That she'd dead?

[quote] Tracy has words with Cody.

Do. Me. Now.

[quote] Sasha gets life-altering news.

BOGO sale on paprika at the supermarket

[quote] Dante and Sam are relieved.

That's she dead.

[quote] Laura and Tracy discuss the past.

When the dialogue wasn't AI generated, and people still watched the show.

by Anonymousreply 448October 13, 2024 1:02 PM

[quote] Ned comforts Brook Lynn.

For having the most hideous wardrobe in all of PC.

by Anonymousreply 449October 13, 2024 1:06 PM

[quote] Tony Geary.

That's Lady Geary, or Empress Geary to you, toots!

by Anonymousreply 450October 13, 2024 1:06 PM

Kin on X reporting the only co-stars he's heard from since "Scotty's disappearance" are Jane, Leslie, Lynn and Robin Mattson.

He's going to piss Frank off...

by Anonymousreply 451October 13, 2024 1:58 PM

Evan is such a bootlicker. He sent this photo to Mo. He's on Mo's show again this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452October 13, 2024 2:13 PM

R452. Oh, sweetie...

by Anonymousreply 453October 13, 2024 2:57 PM

R452, which is why he'll have a long career.

Hate the game -- not the player.

R448, if you wrote the show the ratings would go up!

by Anonymousreply 454October 13, 2024 4:05 PM

R451. Not even Genie?!

by Anonymousreply 455October 13, 2024 4:16 PM

[quote]which is why he'll have a long career.

Not necessarily...

by Anonymousreply 456October 13, 2024 4:27 PM

I think Frank puts aside what pisses him off for the sake of the show; hypothetically, he may not have wanted Ryan back on full time as Lucas but he had him back for Bobbie's funeral.

I wish Ryan were back full time.

R456, poor Marcus; he checked a few boxes as "a" Nikolas and got a job that nobody can succeed in. Tyler was one of a kind.

by Anonymousreply 457October 13, 2024 4:28 PM

r455, rather than naming the co-stars, he showed photos and those were the three in the photos. He also said one calls him daily and I'm guessing that's Lynn.

He's tagging GH in his tweets so he's definitely trying to get attention and make his displeasure known.

by Anonymousreply 458October 13, 2024 4:30 PM

Coloma was constantly doing dances on social media with Mo and praising him and it didn't save his job.

Has Mo ever really saved anyone's job? He got Steve his job back after Y&R but aside from that whose job has he saved?

All the bootlicking everyone does is so that Mo isn't awful to them while on set.

by Anonymousreply 459October 13, 2024 4:35 PM

Has Denise Alexander commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 460October 13, 2024 5:33 PM

R460. Yes, but only in character as Mary McKinnon from Another World. Not as Dr. Lesley Webber.

by Anonymousreply 461October 13, 2024 5:49 PM

R461 I know you’re kidding but this is a storyline The Writer would have pitched.

by Anonymousreply 462October 13, 2024 6:06 PM

THIS will always be GH to me. Pat Falken Smith picked up the story that Douglas Marland started and ran with it.

I wondered once why do we like Monica when she essentially did what Carly would later do? Someone said it's because Monica has more class in her pinky than Carly has in her whole body.

Where was Denise's Emmy for this scene?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463October 13, 2024 6:13 PM

R463. Denise was the most effortless actress on that show. She only received one nom in the mid 70s. I LOVED when she screwed Gloria Monty over and left the show. Monty thought she had the upper hand...she didn't. Much like Bev McKinsey and JFP in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 464October 13, 2024 6:18 PM

SLAP HER WILLONA!

I mean Lesley!

by Anonymousreply 465October 13, 2024 6:40 PM

I can't wait to see what Ron has in store when he returns to write the final six months of THE General Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 466October 13, 2024 9:17 PM

Anyone who talks about "THE" and soap titles should be set on fire.

by Anonymousreply 467October 13, 2024 9:33 PM

My all time favorite soap was THE search for THE tomorrow. Not THE General Hopsital.

by Anonymousreply 468October 13, 2024 9:45 PM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 469October 13, 2024 10:09 PM

The smoke house is a restaurant in the valley for old men to have old school business meetings.

I think kin is on his annual vacation that just started early/abruptly due to his orthopedic issues.

Marcus coloma was the worst. Tyler Christopher is not irreplaceable but corky coloma didn’t fit the bill.

by Anonymousreply 470October 13, 2024 10:51 PM

The Smoke House is on Olive Ave in Burbank, near Warner Bros. and Universal Studios. Disney Studios isn't too far away. It dates back to 1946. Definitely Old School Hollywood feel. Lots of studio types go there for lunch and dinner.

The casts of many primetime shows go there after taping to celebrate completion of another episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471October 14, 2024 12:02 AM

The Smoke House is an industry/Valley institution. Clooney named his production company after it.

by Anonymousreply 472October 14, 2024 3:18 AM

So it's a gay bar?

by Anonymousreply 473October 14, 2024 3:34 AM

No. It's a bar/restaurant, as said, on Olive and Lakeside in Burbank. Think of the Brown Derby but not as famous. It's literally across the street from Warner Bros studios. It's open to the public but very big in the studio circles for media mogels and actors.

by Anonymousreply 474October 14, 2024 3:49 AM

[447] Sasha is the daughter of 2 of the biggest stars to ever be on GH. And yes this will completely out of left field.

by Anonymousreply 475October 14, 2024 6:53 AM

R452 - Awww. Clearly the boy just wants to be dominated.

by Anonymousreply 476October 14, 2024 11:44 AM

[quote] He's tagging GH in his tweets so he's definitely trying to get attention and make his displeasure known.

Kin has been on the show long enough to know what happens to vets after a certain age. Didn't Peter Hansen warn him not to get old? At least they didn't do him dirty like they did Stuart Damon.

by Anonymousreply 477October 14, 2024 11:46 AM

Grant and Celia, r475?

by Anonymousreply 478October 14, 2024 11:48 AM

[quote] I LOVED when she screwed Gloria Monty over and left the show.

Do you mean when ABC fired her in 1984 for demanding more money? Denise made the daytime talk show circuit crying foul, so I don't think it was her choice to get written off. And to add insult to injury, one-time lead star of GH Lesley was killed off camera.

by Anonymousreply 479October 14, 2024 11:49 AM

I don't see how lethargic Kelly Monaco can cry foul when strong leads who never phoned it in like Denise and Stuart could be unceremoniously dumped without a second thought. I imagine Genie who helped saved the show back in the day also has a few words to say about being treated as unimportant.

by Anonymousreply 480October 14, 2024 12:31 PM

R479 I thought so.....I didn't think she left of her own accord.

by Anonymousreply 481October 14, 2024 1:10 PM

Preview for this week. When Liz says they found a match for LuluBabe, I thought Sasha could turn out to be familial match. However, it then shows Sasha opening her door to an unexpected visitor but that could be a fake out and it just be Tracy or Dante. I still hope the life altering news will be that she is a "familial" match to Lulu.

This would make Sam's death unrelated to Lulu. I can see Frank not wanting to make the Sam character a heroine in death and continue to be talked about in the future as a savior. More likely that FV would want Drew to leave town with Scout and Jason/Carly along with Alexis to raise Danny with little mention of Sam in the future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482October 14, 2024 2:41 PM

r482

How would Sasha be connected to Lulu?

by Anonymousreply 483October 14, 2024 4:11 PM

Maybe Luke and Laura gave up a child for adoption when they were on the run?

Maybe Laura thought she had a stillborn child when she and Luke were on the run but the child didn't die?

Maybe Laura had a child with someone else?

Maybe one of Martin's ex-wives or ex-girlfriends had his child and give her up for adoption?

Maybe Bobbie had another child she put up for adoption like Carly?

Maybe she's Bill Eckert's daughter?

I don't think she will be Cyrus' daughter because I think he came onto her but then again who knows how gross they want to get with the story.

Lots of possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 484October 14, 2024 4:21 PM

I thought Sasha was someone else's daughter? I know there was brief speculation she was Tracy's but even before that.....

by Anonymousreply 485October 14, 2024 5:06 PM

Since Sasha is getting "life altering news", we are speculating.

Or just hoping the writers come up with something actually surprising and interesting.

But given the writers' track record, it will probably be another big nothing burger like most spoilers. I'm sure Gio's back story will also be lackluster. Apparently Lackluster is GH's mission statement.

by Anonymousreply 486October 14, 2024 5:19 PM

Caught a repeat of GH over the weekend where Valentin had brought Sasha to town posing as Nina's daughter. That was in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 487October 14, 2024 6:07 PM

I wish they hadn't dropped Nicholas' twin storyline. That would have been an interesting twist. As I've said on here numerous times, I think Nicholas's arrival is one of the best stories GH has ever told.

by Anonymousreply 488October 14, 2024 7:22 PM

She's had a lot of mommies, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 489October 14, 2024 7:26 PM

Wonder what left behind hunk Evan Hofer feels about Nicholas Alexander Chavez jumping ship for bigger and better things, nudity required.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490October 14, 2024 7:36 PM

Hofer definitely has a CBS procedural in his future.

by Anonymousreply 491October 14, 2024 7:43 PM

r488

That would be an awesome throwback

by Anonymousreply 492October 14, 2024 7:44 PM

If only his delivery of lines wasn't so unvarying.

by Anonymousreply 493October 14, 2024 7:45 PM

If someone wants to do a reboot of Supernatural, Evan would be great. I love his voice.

by Anonymousreply 494October 14, 2024 7:47 PM

I'm getting tired of characters justifying each other's not being prosecuted for breaking of the law by noting "but that would leave his children without a father/mother..." What about all the criminals who in fact go to jail? They also have family members who had to make due without them. Having Sonny shoot Cates to death in cold blood really should not go unpunished; otherwise, ABC and General Hospital appear to be endorsing vigilante justice. Cates harassing Sonny's daughter is hardly a reason to kill the man, in a sane universe. Really good soap villains (e.g., Dorian Lord) only go so far, and then pull back before committing an unforgivable crime. I guess the difference is good writing.

by Anonymousreply 495October 14, 2024 7:50 PM

[484] Think foreign accents… 🤫

by Anonymousreply 496October 14, 2024 7:53 PM

Mo has a "short" of him and Evan strutting up the stairs to music at some fancy venue. It's quite obnoxious. Mo looks about 90 years old hunched over climbing the stairs. It's on his youtube channel. I tried to link it here but was "denied" with 🚫when I hit "post", I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 497October 14, 2024 7:59 PM

Evan Hofer should explore my hole.

by Anonymousreply 498October 14, 2024 8:00 PM

Hmm, r496, accents you say...

Cassadine.

Sasha is a Cassadine?

She's Laura and Stefan's?

by Anonymousreply 499October 14, 2024 8:15 PM

I think the poster was implying that she's Holly and Robert's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 500October 14, 2024 8:17 PM

r500

That's what I thought as well but isn't unlikely to have a non biological match?

by Anonymousreply 501October 14, 2024 8:29 PM

Holly just left and Robert is rarely on, wouldn't make for much of a storyline or drama. Sorry to say it, but Tristan is not up for a major storyline at this point.

Maybe Sasha is Laura and Stefan's (accent)? Luke and Anna's (accent)? Uncle Martin (fading southern accent) and an ex?

We are assuming dead Sam is the donor but not confirmed. Only thing that is confirmed is she will die. Maybe Frank's definition (excuse) of "storyline driven" is simply that they needed to put Dante and Lulu back together.

Guess we will find out tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 502October 14, 2024 8:44 PM

Will Monaco get Frank's signature FU send off, showing Sam's cold, dead corpse a la Julian/deVry and Shiloh/McLaughlin?

by Anonymousreply 503October 14, 2024 10:09 PM

They need to just send Sasha and Cody off into the sunset. They’ve been trying with Sasha for years, including endless Emmy bait. Just give it a rest.

And R436, Lucas is Ava’s nephew.

by Anonymousreply 504October 14, 2024 10:31 PM

R504 - Yes, I know. But it's not like he grew up with her so not sure what difference that would make.

by Anonymousreply 505October 15, 2024 12:53 AM

LOL at the idea of Sasha demanding, "What are YOU doing here?!" to Tracy at the Q mansion door.

If Sasha is a Spencer, then her being another bastard child of Luke's would make the most sense. Luke was a flaming heterosexual as we all know...

By all rights, Ethan really should have been Holly and Robert's child. That would have made more sense.

by Anonymousreply 506October 15, 2024 12:56 AM

[quote]LOL at the idea of Sasha demanding, "What are YOU doing here?!" to Tracy at the Q mansion door.

Touché!

My bad.

I'll see myself out as clearly I've lost my mind, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 507October 15, 2024 1:04 AM

Don't Touché Me!

by Anonymousreply 508October 15, 2024 2:04 AM

The surprise donor should be Sly Eckert played by Peter Porte.

by Anonymousreply 509October 15, 2024 3:17 AM

Wait...we had a kid?

by Anonymousreply 510October 15, 2024 4:52 AM

I think Gh was setting up a custody battle story with Rick and Lesley v. Ginny Blake.

I loathed GH for killing off Lesley. And I have NEVER forgiven Judith Chapman for making me fall in love with and root for Ginny!!

GH missed a big opportunity in 1996 after Denise came back. Genie said in an interview that she went to the show and got her back on (suck it, Gloria).

The show should have brought on Rick and Ginnny and Mike Jr. and played all that out.

by Anonymousreply 511October 15, 2024 4:54 AM

[quote]The show should have brought on Rick and Ginnny and Mike Jr. and played all that out.

They definitely should have done that.

However, Genie went on pregnancy leave shortly after Denise came back. And they sent Laura off to help Leslie heal from the trauma of being held by the Cassadines. Genie was on pregnancy leave for almost a year. By the time Genie came back, Bob Guza was back as HW and he had no interest in doing anything with Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 512October 15, 2024 8:12 AM

Did anybody sit through Evan’s latest appearance on SOM? What could he possibly have left to reveal to “the boss?”

by Anonymousreply 513October 15, 2024 8:22 AM

R447 Sasha's family ties along with Giovanni's, Dex's and even the elusive Eloi, when he eventually arrives, will be revealed soon. Except Frank will have stories rewritten if too much is revealed too soon. The different maternity/paternity storylines is reminiscent of when there were four similar stories going on at once- Nina and Willow: unbeknownst to them both being mother and daughter, Trina and Curtis: unassumingly being father and daughter, Esme being Heather's daughter and Cody being Mac's son. Chris Van Etten likes messy maternity/paternity stories and Frank likes to stretch them out for as long as possible.

by Anonymousreply 514October 15, 2024 10:16 AM

R448 Pretty clever 😆 😆 A.I. generated dialogue is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 515October 15, 2024 10:20 AM

R475 Nice hint 😃 😃

by Anonymousreply 516October 15, 2024 10:30 AM

R484 Cyrus actually was supposed to be Sasha's father awhile ago, before the storyline was changed.

by Anonymousreply 517October 15, 2024 10:36 AM

485 Are you thinking of when she was presumed to be the long lost daughter of Cyrus, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 518October 15, 2024 10:39 AM

R488 Which twin storyline that was up for discussion did you prefer, when Connor was possibly his twin brother, or the twin sister that Helena secretly kept hidden from Laura?

by Anonymousreply 519October 15, 2024 10:43 AM

R490 Evan's taking it well, unlike a certain someone else....

by Anonymousreply 520October 15, 2024 10:45 AM

R494 Evan would be great on a show with that format. He'll be on to bigger and better things soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 521October 15, 2024 10:49 AM

R495 Dorian was pretty iconic. Aside from being accused of killing Victor, she never actually killed anyone purposely, did she? At least not in cold blood, probably in self defense of some sort?

by Anonymousreply 522October 15, 2024 10:54 AM

R496 Guessing games 😆 😆 love them. Correct me if I'm wrong but you want to spill so bad, except if you do, the storyline is more than likely to change, so that's why you're hesitant?

by Anonymousreply 523October 15, 2024 10:56 AM

R497 Interesting. Possibly because this is seemingly a "No Mo Shows Zone"

by Anonymousreply 524October 15, 2024 11:00 AM

JPS's new profile pic.

Very Oregon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525October 15, 2024 11:03 AM

R503 😃

by Anonymousreply 526October 15, 2024 11:04 AM

R506 Interestingly enough, when Ron was head writer, he planned to change Ethan's paternity, making him Holly and Robert's son. Tony Geary went ballistic, for it was Tony who wanted Ethan to be Holly and Luke's son all along, once Guza did the whole who's the father deal between Robert and Luke. Frank made Ron keep Ethan as Luke's.

by Anonymousreply 527October 15, 2024 11:11 AM

R508 😆

by Anonymousreply 528October 15, 2024 11:13 AM

Sorry, I'm not seeing the prime-time potential for Evan that the rest of you are.

I don't see any NAC type potential outside of soaps for any of the younger ones.

However, Maura never having tested the waters outside of soaps over the years is baffling. Not even a guest appearance on a CBS sitcom when she was younger. Or as a guest on an ABC sitcom since she's been at ABC. I recall Michelle Stafford doing a guest appearance on Frasier years ago.

by Anonymousreply 529October 15, 2024 11:19 AM

Correction: From the younger crowd I think Kristen Vaganos "Molly" has primetime potential outside of soaps and beyond her Grammarly commercials. But she's the only one.

Swickard is nice to look at but still just Hallmark material.

Is Ryan Paevey still on sabbatical from Hallmark?

by Anonymousreply 530October 15, 2024 11:52 AM

R529 You don't envision Evan as a star on the CW?

by Anonymousreply 531October 15, 2024 12:01 PM

"Star on the CW" is an oxymoron.

by Anonymousreply 532October 15, 2024 12:06 PM

Why is Ms. Hover going bottle blonde?

by Anonymousreply 533October 15, 2024 3:24 PM

^^^Hofer

by Anonymousreply 534October 15, 2024 3:27 PM

So Miss Hofer is one of the few that haven’t been into Eden’s magical snatch.

by Anonymousreply 535October 15, 2024 4:25 PM

The garden of Eden is for straights only.

by Anonymousreply 536October 15, 2024 5:23 PM

JPS looks so much better at R525 without all the botox.

by Anonymousreply 537October 15, 2024 5:24 PM

Kristen Vaganos would be great in comedy. Her IG is full of comedy skits. She’s great as Molly though. And of course we finally have a Molly that has garnered a positive reaction so obviously they have to drop TJ and pair her with Dex since he failed miserably with LW Jr. He’s also generally just a terrible actor.

Swickard has two hit Netflix movies. I don’t understand why he’s still at GH stuck in a chemistry-free pairing with Amish Amanda Setton.

by Anonymousreply 538October 15, 2024 5:56 PM

I think Swickard and his wife also produced those two movies? He's probably sticking it out at GH for the check to continue the producing gig. They also bought a farm during early Covid, I think. Needs the dough for that too.

by Anonymousreply 539October 15, 2024 6:01 PM

Kate Mansi is hideous

by Anonymousreply 540October 15, 2024 7:05 PM

R535 Evan has experienced both Eden McCoy and Jacqueline Grace Lopez 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 541October 15, 2024 7:05 PM

Gotta say, in the good old days, where this Lulu's Liver story is going would've been great, dramatic soap. But now we know too many BTS goings on, and it really takes away from it.

by Anonymousreply 542October 15, 2024 7:06 PM

R538 Josh actually almost quit GH earlier this year, when his contract was up. He ended up re-signing.

by Anonymousreply 543October 15, 2024 7:07 PM

[quote]Evan has experienced both Eden McCoy and Jacqueline Grace Lopez

Is that why he's strutting like a peacock in that little music video with Mo that Muriel won't let me link?

by Anonymousreply 544October 15, 2024 7:08 PM

R542 Agree. I really don't want to know it all, though I guess sometimes it helps to explain and/or defend the indefensible.

by Anonymousreply 545October 15, 2024 7:08 PM

R544 Peacock 😆😆

by Anonymousreply 546October 15, 2024 7:11 PM

Real Andrews dropped hints about his new gig, it's now confirmed that he's joining the cast of Beyond the Gates.

by Anonymousreply 547October 15, 2024 10:02 PM

R547. Good for him!

by Anonymousreply 548October 15, 2024 10:04 PM

R547 - So, on Twitter, is he known as the The Real Real?

by Anonymousreply 549October 15, 2024 10:32 PM

Lulu in that coma has more energy than Sam. I won’t be sad to see her leave. Should provide some good material for DZ.

Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 550October 15, 2024 10:59 PM

My prognosticating about Sasha being the donor match was all for naught.

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 551October 15, 2024 11:13 PM

Ace being taken care of by the Quartermaines who he's never had any exposure to is ridiculous.

Tracy responding to crying babies she has no connection to? Who writes this crap?

by Anonymousreply 552October 15, 2024 11:17 PM

Quartermaine Day Care is open for business!

by Anonymousreply 553October 15, 2024 11:19 PM

[quote]Quartermaine Day Care is open for business!

An offshoot of Lila's Kids summer camp.

by Anonymousreply 554October 15, 2024 11:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!