Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Here Comes President Obama!

The Dems are bringing in Barack, aka The Closer. He’ll be tearing up the campaign trail for Kamala Harris starting Thursday October 10th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2024 8:40 PM

Save us, Obama!

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2024 1:10 PM

Damn, being POTUS ages a man almost as much as being a whore aged Aaron Schock.

Barack still looks gooooooddd, though. The man is just so effortlessly elegant and smooth, like some of my old Dad's friends back in my growing-up years. Just cool, baby.

Reel 'em in, Barry!

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2024 1:15 PM

Since Biden doesn't know why day it is, Barack is probably involved in the executive decision making.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2024 1:32 PM

Being involved in the White House executive decision making is the absolute last thing Barack Obama wants.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2024 1:59 PM

His big 2024 campaign debut will be in Pittsburgh tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2024 3:58 PM

The “Dems”? Okay, TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2024 4:03 PM

Why are all these threads getting grayed out?

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2024 4:07 PM

^ There's something weird going on. I don't see any trollish behavior in the OPs past posts. Standard DL poster who supports Biden/Harris. Another greyed out thread has 17 WW and a non problematic OP from what I can see of his history. I think we have sock puppets hitting FF.

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2024 4:20 PM

Same thing happened on the linked thread. And the link to the article got obliterated by an abundance of FF and went nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2024 4:27 PM

Forgot link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2024 4:28 PM

Hells yeah. I figure they were saving him until closer to the election. This will sway black men on the fence about her while recognizing Trump is foul. I also think, and this is just speaking anecdotally that there is a swarth of older millennial white men who may not agree with Obama politically but respect the fuck outta him.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2024 4:40 PM

It’s sad we have to have a closer at all.

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2024 4:43 PM

Vice-President Harris is her own "Closer".

She's the one on the ticket.

That stated, Way to go, Obama!

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2024 4:47 PM

[quote]The man is just so effortlessly elegant and smooth...

He is indeed, just one of many attributes which incense Trump and make him feel like the orange-sprayed Neanderthal he is. I hope so many more civilised A-Listers come forward in these last laps to do their vital bit to save democracy.

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2024 5:39 PM

I’m glad Obama is bringing his influence into the race. I was upset during the 2016 election that he and Michelle didn’t do more. I know they campaigned, I know, but I didn’t think they did as much as they could. Why they didn’t is almost certainly because all Presidents seem to believe that politics are above them after they’ve been in office and seeming to be too eager to campaign for their party’s successor is damaging to their legacy.

Bullshit, especially when we were dealing with Donald Trump and the new GOP! Fuck your legacy! It won’t be worth a damn if we lose our republic.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2024 5:51 PM

President Obama is beloved in Pennsylvania

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 10, 2024 3:52 PM

is he? I think some pennsylvanians still recall the "cling to guns and religion" comment.

that said, some have the memory of a flea

by Anonymousreply 17October 10, 2024 4:14 PM

R7 and r8, there is an effort going on to get prolific posters who are Harris supporters time outs. I have been creating the treason threads lately, and after I created the last one, I got a time out, even though I didn’t post anything else in the thread or that day (except for the thread itself). I also got a time out after posting an innocuous post about how things were going to get hairy this last month before the election. So if the OP has posted a lot of pro-Dem/Harris threads, they’re likely being targeted by the MAGA trolls.

by Anonymousreply 18October 10, 2024 4:14 PM

^R18. Same and I don't even start any threads. Just called out some MAGA trolling. V annoying because it is difficult to find corners of the internet not dominated by MAGA.

If it is quiet around here and looking strangely anti Harris it is because we are all being FF into temp suspensions and cannot reply.

by Anonymousreply 19October 10, 2024 4:18 PM

Holy shit, you’re right, R18. I didn’t know why that was happening to me until now! The timeouts were always very brief, and then I was able to start posting again, so I left it alone.

Muriel better be doing something about this.

by Anonymousreply 20October 10, 2024 4:18 PM

R18 I believe you. My thread featuring a vid with Trump calling Diddy a very close friend got literally no traction.

by Anonymousreply 21October 10, 2024 4:21 PM

The briefness of the timeouts might mean that Muriel is monitoring the FF system and obvious targeted attacks are being reversed. How you stop a targeted attack, unless they are stupid enough not to use a VPN for each account, is beyond me.

I hate that it’s happening but Muriel is a busy single gal in the city and can’t sit at the computer constantly monitoring what her little vile pit of trollery is up to.

Those Manolos aren’t going to wear, and those Cosmos aren’t going to drink, themselves!

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2024 4:25 PM

Is this thread grayed out? It looks fine for me.

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2024 5:27 PM

[quote]I hate that it’s happening but Muriel is a busy single gal in the city and can’t sit at the computer constantly monitoring what her little vile pit of trollery is up to.

And she still manages to turn the world on with her smile!

by Anonymousreply 24October 10, 2024 5:32 PM

I bet if she and Obama made a sex tape she’d win in a landslide. Americans are so fucking basic.

by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2024 5:50 PM

That only works for white people, R25.

by Anonymousreply 26October 10, 2024 7:08 PM

R22, my last time out was 48 hours (the one I got for saying this month was going to get hairy). I sent a few furious emails, and got a response with a link so they could “troubleshoot”. Didn’t matter at all. Time outs are 24 and 48 hours, so Muriel was definitely hitting the martinis the whole time.

I know the system is automated, but it’s elections time and the nuts are loose, so it wouldn’t hurt for DL to do spot checks at least.

by Anonymousreply 27October 10, 2024 7:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 11, 2024 12:00 AM

How I wish Obama could run again.

by Anonymousreply 29October 11, 2024 12:05 AM

Re: R28, it's really quite astonishing to where hardball politics has led us in '24. And it's equally obvious who dragged us there. The upside of Obama going there is that Trump's full-caps rage-response will be a sight to see.

by Anonymousreply 30October 11, 2024 6:27 AM

He spoke too long last night and people were collapsing-ego getting as big as dump.

by Anonymousreply 31October 11, 2024 7:15 AM

The reason these are getting grayed and people are getting time outs is teafake/defuckwad and his various sock puppets.

by Anonymousreply 32October 11, 2024 2:12 PM

Happy to see Barack out here. Which begs the Question: WTF is Michelle? Because she needs to get her ass out here too.

by Anonymousreply 33October 11, 2024 2:19 PM

I miss Obama

by Anonymousreply 34October 11, 2024 2:22 PM

The Obama days were fun but that’s what led to Dump -An unimaginable amount of hate and greed in our country.

by Anonymousreply 35October 11, 2024 2:48 PM

So fun to listen to him again. We need another charismatic leader with a positive vision. Kamala isn’t quite it. BUT OF COURSE I WILL VOTE FOR HER!

by Anonymousreply 36October 11, 2024 2:48 PM

Michelle is busy these days.She is undergoing extensive firearms training-just in case…

by Anonymousreply 37October 11, 2024 3:18 PM

[QUOTE] The Obama days were fun but that’s what led to Dump

Barack Obama did lead us to Dump in a sense: by foisting Hillary Clinton on us in 2016 rather than pushing Vice President Biden to run when he was still young and virile enough to destroy Trump in two elections.

Trump never would’ve beaten Joe Biden in 2016 because Joe never would’ve taken the Blue Wall for granted like Hillary did. And the mayhem of Trump, chiefly his rightwing transformation of the Supreme Court which led to the end of Roe, never would’ve happened.

We had the perfect candidate to stop Trump, but it was her turn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 11, 2024 4:08 PM

Biden's son died in '15. He was distraught. He was not capable of running a national Presidential campaign.

by Anonymousreply 39October 11, 2024 6:14 PM

Biden himself has said he was ready to run in 2016, R39. Stop with that foolishness.

by Anonymousreply 40October 11, 2024 7:08 PM

Nice pic of Biden-great catch ( and he’s got a big dick) Now he’s just a fuddy old coot.

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2024 12:24 AM

You can smell the desperation.

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2024 12:31 AM

R40 of course he did. He said it after the fact. He said it after Trump got into the WH. But he was not mentally or emotionally ready to do it at the time, and Obama told him as much, and gave him the Cancer Moonshot to work Biden even harbored resentment towards Obama for not backing him in '16. Biden didn't have a warm close relationship with Hillary. He was a pain in the ass when she was SoS. Biden is not the affable mild mannered Uncle Joe he is often portrayed. He has an erratic temper, he has mood swings, and doesn't have a whole lot of patience in meetings. I have to hand it to Kamala. She made it all work.

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2024 2:36 AM

Yet, his administration was successful, right r43?

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2024 2:41 AM

That stink is you, r42/r3.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2024 2:43 AM

R42 is obviously standing next to Dump, the Stinker in Chief. Must be the diaper changer.

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2024 2:47 AM

Yes, absolutely. He was successful. I'm a supporter. But what happened to Beau really had a deep ad permanent effect on him. It contributed to his difficult personality. Grief and depression do that. I watched my father go through it when my mother died. His personality changed. They had a close solid marriage, and looked forward to growing old together. She had a heart attack. Gone. Out of the blue. He said he was fine. He appeared to be coping, but he wasn't. He was angry and sad, and his personality and temperament changed. He was very difficult in his mid 70's.

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2024 2:48 AM

So that’s what happened to me with the time outs. I got smacked twice. In a row!

I thought someone was butt hurt I said Pelosi has her faults because I ended up not being able to post for three fucking days and I’m a paid member.

But I also mostly post on the political threads.

Fuck you trolls and your pathetic masters

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2024 5:52 AM

[quote]I thought someone was butt hurt I said Pelosi has her faults

No one is going to use up a precious F/F over that, r48.

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2024 5:58 AM

Biden was still very hot less than ten years ago

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2024 6:34 AM

R48 you were smacked for saying something positive about a Dem or calling out something pro Trump, not the Pelosi thing.

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2024 8:17 AM

Perhaps Muriel was being Capricious. Sometimes when the anniversary of her doomed love affair comes around she can be unpredictable.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2024 12:04 PM

[QUOTE] Biden was still very hot less than ten years ago

Mighty Joe was ideal for these times. I don’t know why Barack couldn’t see it—too concerned with “gaffes,” I guess. I made the first thread on here in 2018 calling for Joe to run so he could defeat Trump in 2020 after he slayed the motley crew of lefty Dems who all would’ve lost the general election. Unfortunately one of those lefties was Kamala Harris, who supported so many crazy liberal policies I knew she’d have a tough time in the general. She was not my type of Democrat.

Father Time finally caught up with Joe these last two years, but he should’ve been a lame duck two-term President on his way to retirement by then. He would’ve defeated Trump in 2016 then again in 2020, ready to live out the rest of his days at the Biden beach compound in Delaware like a retired super hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2024 6:53 PM

I got a time out last week

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2024 7:48 PM

I got a rock.

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2024 9:08 PM

Where’s Michelle?

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2024 9:17 PM

On a lounger in the backyard reading a book with her feet up, waiting for the personal chef to tell her when dinner’s ready.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2024 9:51 PM

He looks like a gay grand uncle in OP’s photo.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2024 10:05 PM

[QUOTE]Unfortunately one of those lefties was Kamala Harris, who supported so many crazy liberal policies

Like...?

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2024 11:26 PM

Like decriminalizing illegal border crossings, R59. How about banning fracking? All the shit these rightwingers have been using to pound her in negative ads for the past month and a half, using her own goddamn voice no less!

That’s why I wanted Joe in 2020, because the rest of those Dem candidates sounded like they went batshit crazy and hopped in a clown car with looney Bernie Sanders in the driver’s seat.

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2024 12:12 AM

That's all you got, r60?

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2024 12:42 AM

What more do I need, R61? They’re killing her in Pennsylvania on those two issues.

by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2024 9:38 AM

What has both fascinated and enraged me the past 24 years is how easily people can be persuaded to vote against their own best interests!

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2024 8:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!