Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reddit: Who is the rudest celeb you have ever met? What happened?

A great thread that had my reading for hours. Tommy Lee Jones and Jared Leto come up with unsurprising regularity. Some, like Shaq have severe swings in reactions, some calling him the greatest, most friendly and others hating him. Michael Jordan and Kobe are not favorites either. This is a one of the best posts I've ever read on Musk:

Elon Musk. He stayed at a mountain resort that I worked at in 2018 . He was luckily only there for 3 days but he was an utter terror the entire time he was there.

He refused to be checked in at the reception area and demanded a private check in at his cabin which is fine but we ask ahead of time so we can staff properly for the later arrivals.

He asked for the youngest female concierge on staff to be sent to the check in with nobody else for "security" reasons. I took the check in myself instead of sending the 19 year old and took the largest and oldest driver I could find for security reasons.

He wanted the personal cell phone numbers for all female concierge staff. I said that is against out policy and set him up with the resort app so he could contact whoever was on duty for a prompt answer.

He harassed every single female employee so nastily that by the time he had been there for 12 hours every department switched him to only male staff. He didn't tip any of the wait staff or guides for any activities. He booked a private horseback ride that a wrangler was brought in specially for the day and then refused to go because he didn't like the colors of any of the horses available , and he wanted to ride a really "butch and muscular" horse. He meant a draft horse, which we had for pulling wagons but none for riding.

He also had insane demands. He wanted a 80 year old beautiful ponderosa pine cut down because he didn't like how the light hit it at sunset. He wanted shock collars put on the squirrels to stop them from being too loud. And he wanted us to trap a grizzly bear and bring it to his cabin for a few hours so he could take pictures and study it.

He was the rudest, stupidest and most arrogant POS I have ever encountered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 15, 2024 5:55 PM

If I wanted to be on reddit, I would be on reddit.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2024 7:23 PM

Ruth McDevitt hit me in the head with a fondue pot.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2024 7:24 PM

I want to believe the post about Musk, but I don't at all.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2024 7:28 PM

Ellen

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2024 7:31 PM

I think the last paragraph reveals the person was just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2024 7:32 PM

Timothee Chalamet. More people are now coming forward with on-set horror stories.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2024 7:32 PM

i've delivered things to disgraced streamer drdisrespect many times. his house is really ugly. he's polite but has an aloof attitude.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2024 7:35 PM

Meryl Streep. She's been torturing me forever. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ YES I KNOW I'LL NEVER BEAT YOUR 21 OSCAR NOMINATIONS!!! Why must you be so harsh???

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2024 7:36 PM

Does Elon Musk count as a "celebrity"? I'm more inclined to stick with tyrant-enabler. (This also goes well beyond mere "rudeness" into BPD and massive entitlement syndromes.)

Btw Deuxmoi has endless asshole-celeb tales in their IG stories. Anthony Mackie somehow gets mentioned a lot, and considering he's assuming the helm of one of Marvel's most successful franchises in a few months, his asshole attitude doesn't seem like it'll play well with the media.

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2024 7:41 PM

One of the comments on there is about Jared Leto hitting on a 16-year-old girl

He sounds like a pig

Reddit can be awful but that thread is juicy! There's a lot of stories about Bill Cosby and Diddy, too

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2024 7:48 PM

Mabel Albertson kicked me in the balls when I asked her who she thought was the better Darrin.

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2024 7:53 PM

On Deuxmoi currently there are photos of Gigi Hadid with highly noticeable alcoholic bloatface. She looks 58 years old.

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2024 7:53 PM

Reddit has some good threads about personal encounters with celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2024 7:56 PM

I love stories about celebrities being assholes.

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2024 8:01 PM

Barbara Mandrell. When I was in High School I worked at a farm who delivered hay to her horses. You couldn't look or talk to her and had to walk with your head down. Someone forgot her golden rules and looked at her All hell broke lose.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2024 8:09 PM

The Mary Berry citation didnā€™t surprise me in the leastā€¦ I always knew that behind that kindly grandmother persona, thereā€™s something rancid.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2024 8:18 PM

The reason I believe so many of these stories is because they're coming from service people. Celebrities are notoriously rude to servers. But a lot of the posters also cite celebrities being rude to kids, which is a real negative, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2024 8:21 PM

r16 I'm pretty sure Mary Berry still has slaves.

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2024 8:22 PM

John Wilkes Booth. He shot my husband. Stone cold dead.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2024 8:24 PM

But is he a celebrity, Mary Todd?

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2024 8:32 PM

That's a good Reddit thread.

Anyway, disappointed about Mary Berry.

The NBA (basketball) players sound awful, as a whole. I am betting Charles Barkley would not be rude, though. He seems like a cool guy.

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2024 8:37 PM

Bill Murray is looking pretty good in this Reddit thread. I'm surprised.

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2024 8:40 PM

Wow! Reddit is just like DL! Posters putting blind items.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2024 8:41 PM

Thank you OP, I also use Reddit and that thread is good reading. So many horror stories about encounters with Bill Cosby, way before the criminal charges. What a miserable SOB.

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2024 8:43 PM

r20, you were supposed to say "but did you enjoy the celebrity, Mrs. Lincoln?".

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2024 8:45 PM

Who was complaining about Mary Berry? Some soggy bottom I assume.

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2024 8:45 PM

what about celebs who have an unfair reputation? i think axl rose is nicer than he gets credit for. all his so called diva walk offs were really about gross security failures, he was devastated when fans died at a show very early in their career. always been sweet to fans from what i hear and read. i'm skeptical about gossip from bitter roadies who are mostly ex-cons and drug addict losers who probably got fired for being idiot degenerates. the worst story i've heard is that he refused to go on stage until he finished watching teenage mutant ninja turtles 2 in his hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2024 8:45 PM

Does me looking in my mirror count?

Like, now, as I'm texting.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2024 8:48 PM

Not surprising that Elon the Trump ass licker treats women like garbage.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2024 8:49 PM

btw i wonder if kanye had some kind of brain injury or serious change from drug use - before yeezus came out when these threads would pop up on reddit he came up all the time as someone who went out of his way to treat crew members, service workers, etc. very well and generously.

by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2024 8:50 PM

Because of my job in NYC back in the 90s/00s, I met a slew of celebrities and honestly 99% were really decent people. I supposed Jeanne Garofalo was the most rude, but all she did was look angry when I spoke with her handler about details for that night's performance. Oh, and perhaps most bizarre was Winona Ryder who I passed walking down a quiet street in the west village during a less-than-famous stage of her career. We passed each other and I looked at her to be sure that's who she was and when she noticed me, inches away, her hand shot up to cover her profile. But then again, Winona isn't best known for her mental wellness. Oh, and Barry Manilow was pissy and aloof but his handler (husband) was very nice.

A friend of mine had a funny story about Tina Louise (of which, I'm sure, there are legion) . He was house managing at a well known OB house and when the doors opened (with assigned seats) Tina bolted and pushed others out of the way to get in. Some older man said something and she turned around and said, "Please, it's not like you're not going to get in."

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2024 8:59 PM

R27 Do capital letters cost extra?

by Anonymousreply 32October 5, 2024 9:07 PM

Dixie Carter once threw a handful of ball bearings onto the floor as I was just about to step down a long flight of stairs. I might have fallen and chipped a tooth!

by Anonymousreply 33October 5, 2024 9:08 PM

Alan Rickman, Janelle Monae

by Anonymousreply 34October 5, 2024 9:13 PM

R32 the shift key is broken on my keyboard and i also don't give a fuck about whiny pedantic prescriptivists who think shitpost comments on a gossip forum are formal letters or whatever. eat my shit bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2024 12:39 AM

Lucy

by Anonymousreply 36October 6, 2024 2:45 AM

I have always thought there was something phony baloney about Janelle Monae.

by Anonymousreply 37October 6, 2024 3:58 AM

R35, if your shift key were broken you would not have been able to leave a "?" in your original post. You also would not be able to quote R32 because you need to use a capital "R" in order to quote a full post.

Do better.

by Anonymousreply 38October 6, 2024 4:19 AM

Dame Julie Andrews once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

by Anonymousreply 39October 6, 2024 4:25 AM

[quote][R32] the shift key is broken on my keyboard and i also don't give a fuck about whiny pedantic prescriptivists who think shitpost comments on a gossip forum are formal letters or whatever.

Then you won't mind if we Ignore your posts!

by Anonymousreply 40October 6, 2024 4:27 AM

R27 = Axl's publicist's secretary working a weekend shift.

by Anonymousreply 41October 6, 2024 4:29 AM

R40 not at all please do block me shithead loser

by Anonymousreply 42October 6, 2024 4:40 AM

[quote]r38 You also would not be able to quote [R32] because you need to use a capital "R" in order to quote a full post. Do better.

You can use a lower case ā€˜rā€™ when youā€™re quoting a reply number. The system will turn it into a capital ā€˜rā€™ when it displays.

Try it!

by Anonymousreply 43October 6, 2024 5:25 AM

r43, let's see.

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2024 5:30 AM

You are correct, r43!

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2024 5:32 AM

r1

by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2024 5:37 AM

zzzzz r1

by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2024 5:37 AM

Della Reese. A cunt on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2024 5:59 AM

R42 ooooh tetchy, tetchy!

by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2024 6:07 AM

R27 - Erin Everly would neg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 50October 6, 2024 6:42 AM

^ beg

by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2024 6:46 AM

BARBARA MANDRELL?!

Holy fuck, that's a name from that passsst.

by Anonymousreply 52October 6, 2024 10:10 AM

I've worked with several sports figures. By the far, the nicest athlete I ever worked with was Steph Curry. He was friendly, accommodating, and kind. I worked with him at an event, and months later, I ran into him at another event. He remembered my name and walked up to me and gave me a hug.

On the other end of the spectrum, not surprisingly, Draymond Green is a complete asshole. Rude, arrogant, entitled, and with all the emotional restraint of a kindergartner who's had his toy taken away from him.

Likewise, Barry Bonds is a supremely arrogant asshole. I helped him when he attended an event, and he literally looked up, nose in the air, and wouldn't respond to anything I said to him. Total prick.

by Anonymousreply 53October 6, 2024 11:50 AM

I take great pleasure in knowing Draymond Green would hate that I frequently imagine fucking him deeply.

by Anonymousreply 54October 6, 2024 11:56 AM

I met Axl in Vegas while waiting for a flight to PHX about 18 years ago. He was quiet and sitting alone but when asked told me several hilarious stories about the recording of Appetite. This was pre-Botox so he looked pretty normal. He has that odd X-factor that so many lead singers possess where they arent conventionally attractive but clearly have charisma and intensity that puts them in a different league of entertainers. On the opposite end of the spectrum I met Gavin at Fred Segal within that same year and while he was lovely to look at, he had the magnetism of a jr high biology teacher. Julia Roberts = twat - Iā€™ve encountered her a few times. My daughter who is now 26 has a good story where she was managing a pop-up in the Hamptons during college one summer and JR tried to barge in as they were closing but she and her fellow Zoomers locked the door in her face bc JR was so rude. Extra points bc none of them had seen that garbage dump Pretty Woman, so they had no real understanding of the irony of their snub.

by Anonymousreply 55October 6, 2024 11:57 AM

Ed Zwick's story what Julia Roberts did to fuck over Shakespeare in Love put me off her for good. Unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 56October 6, 2024 12:05 PM

I did like the tag on this one from the Reddit thread:

[quote]Oprah! I was at Buckingham fountain in Chicago with my daughter, who was 6. She had just gotten the show ( it was still AM Chicago). I was about to say hi, she put her hand in my face and said "No autographs". my daughter said, "Who is that?" I said, "Nobody!

by Anonymousreply 57October 6, 2024 2:29 PM

Hunter Pence is an absolute sweetheart and gorgeous to boot.

by Anonymousreply 58October 6, 2024 3:26 PM

I was molested by Tim Conway.

by Anonymousreply 59October 6, 2024 3:30 PM

Worse, R39, she was overheard saying "That was rather boring."

by Anonymousreply 60October 6, 2024 3:50 PM

I had the misfortune of coming into close contact with that rat-faced Rosanna Arquette at Sundance one year. What a nasty piece of work that one is.

by Anonymousreply 61October 6, 2024 3:55 PM

[quote]Ruth McDevitt hit me in the head with a fondue pot.

Was the fondue pot OK?

by Anonymousreply 62October 6, 2024 3:56 PM

Steve Harvey is the nastiest nelly queen.

by Anonymousreply 63October 6, 2024 3:58 PM

I was in Orlando with my husband and a friend. We took hin to Disney with us as a birthday gift. It turned out there was a big horror convention in town and he was a huge Horror movie fan so we decided to go to that one day rather than the parks, because it was his vacation too. The night before we wen out to dinner at a fairly fancy restaurant. It was pretty quiet when we were sat with not many people in the restaurant. We were sat in a booth, my husband and I on one side, our friend on the other. Almost immediately a couple is sat behind us (my friend's back to them). I recognized the woman in the couple It was Tara Reid. I leaned forward and whispered to our friend, "don't say anything and don't look right away but I think Tara Reid is right behind you." He screams NUH HUH really loude, spins around, looks right at her, and goes OMG. Fan girls out so bad her and her date get up and leave. I could not blame her.

by Anonymousreply 64October 6, 2024 4:33 PM

Not a celebrity encounter but my niece is a sports physical therapist, when she was working on her PHD she was assigned to the university sports teams. Basketball, baseball and football. She said the baseball players were the biggest sluts of all by far. I always think of that when I'm watching MLB.

by Anonymousreply 65October 6, 2024 4:58 PM

I ran into Cam Reddish of the Lakers a few weeks ago as he was thinking of renting a house in my neighborhood. He was very nice but his male "friend" was a complete bitch. I think he purposely chose someone like that to have a relationship with so he would have someone to do his dirty work. I got some satisfaction seeing they were not a cute couple and gay NBA players go through lovers almost as fast as the straight ones

by Anonymousreply 66October 6, 2024 5:01 PM

R30 While assisting him in a store, Kanye West called my salesbottom friend a faggot in 2006. To be fair, he was and is pretty faggy.

by Anonymousreply 67October 6, 2024 5:05 PM

I love that in that Reddit thread Candace Cameron Bure is called out as a phony narcissist who turns on the "sweet" act for the camera and then turns it right back off. She has crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 68October 6, 2024 5:18 PM

I met Alison Brie at a cocktail party at Malibu in 2018. She asked me if she could hold my drink for a second as I adjusted the slingback on my heels. I was very appreciative of that. While she was holding my drink, she spat a huge wad of phlegm into it. I thought that was really rude.

by Anonymousreply 69October 6, 2024 5:25 PM

Elie Wiesel came to speak to my high school. The presentation started late and he only had a few minutes to speak. He started yelling at a couple of teachers that he had traveled a long distance to speak so briefly and that he wouldnā€™t have come if he had known how little heā€™d get to speak.

It seemed oddly petty.

by Anonymousreply 70October 6, 2024 5:32 PM

I enjoyed reading about all the negative interactions with Winona Ryder on the Reddit thread. Im Gen X and she is so worshipped and deified. I see her as a psycho, insufferable bitch who is largely unliked in the industry for good reasons. I really think sheā€™s bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 71October 6, 2024 5:35 PM

Not a celeb, a parasite and a hanger-on Cindy Adams, vile and still alive. Rude and evil.

Julia Roberts, ungainly in appearance with a gray skin complexion and a superiority complex.

by Anonymousreply 72October 6, 2024 5:38 PM

Cindy Adams is a such a relic from another time. I've always heard she's a huge cunt.

by Anonymousreply 73October 6, 2024 5:41 PM

[quote]He wanted shock collars put on the squirrels to stop them from being too loud.

I'm sorry but I don't believe this part.

by Anonymousreply 74October 6, 2024 5:42 PM

[quote] I met Gavin at Fred Segal

Who is Gavin, precious? Gavin MacLeod? Gavin Newsom, Gavin Rossdale, Gavin Creel, etc, etc.

by Anonymousreply 75October 6, 2024 7:02 PM

If that post was even partially true about Musk, he was just being a complete troll. Itā€™s kind of funny. Maybe he should invent shock collars for squirrels since he sees a need for themā€¦

by Anonymousreply 76October 6, 2024 7:20 PM

Shawn spit it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 6, 2024 7:44 PM

r38 embarrassed herself

by Anonymousreply 78October 6, 2024 7:46 PM

Mario Van Peebles was in a line dancing contest.

by Anonymousreply 79October 6, 2024 7:51 PM

They only laugh at your jokes because you are wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 80October 6, 2024 7:55 PM

[quote] He has that odd X-factor that so many lead singers possess

Axl Rose is one of the best rock front men of all time. He really had stage presence, not even considering his vocal range.

However, I always got Neo-Nazi vibes from him. Plus, IIRC, he reportedly beat up one of his girlfriends (Stephanie Seymour), early fame time.

Now, he seems a lot more humble. He's lost his hair, he's gotten fat, and his voice is shot to hell.

He performed at Lisa Marie Presley's funeral. (Who knew they were close friends?) He played piano and croaked out "November Rain." It was truly awful (it's on YouTube), but I felt for him. He said yes, I'll perform, when asked.

by Anonymousreply 81October 6, 2024 8:04 PM

At a performance at Webster Hall (might have been The Ritz), Axel Rose dove into the audience from the stage, expecting to crowd surf.

They moved out of the way, and he hit the floor hard.

by Anonymousreply 82October 6, 2024 8:26 PM

A hotel manager in Beverly Hills says that 90% of celebs are no trouble at all, and many donā€™t want any special treatment. (He said Laura Linney, Emily Blunt, and John Krasinski are very low-maintenance.)

Surprisingly, he also said that Kris Jenner, Kim Kardshian, and Angelina Jolie were very gracious and treated hotel staff kindly, as did Dwayne Johnson and P!nk.

The only ones who the staff with perpetually bad attitudes are James Woods and Ice-Tā€™s wife, Coco.

Rudest celebrity, to no oneā€™s surprise, is the aptly-named Andy Dick.

by Anonymousreply 83October 6, 2024 8:45 PM

R83 againā€¦. Sorry: ā€œwho treat the staffā€¦ā€

by Anonymousreply 84October 6, 2024 8:46 PM

In 2003 I had the strange good fortune to wind up backstage at a David Bowie concert in LA. Among the people I chatted with, a very young Scarlet Johannssen was extremely nice. Martin Gore of Depeche Mode was chatty and sweet. Ian Astbury of The Cult was pompous but social. Elijah Woods had the bluest eyes I'd ever seen and was way shorter than I ever realized. He seemed almost as out of his depth as I felt. Very humble. Bowie himself was VERY gracious. He entered the room wearing a green hoodie, jeans, sneakers and a smile, nothing like the tall, imposing "Thin White Duke" you imagine in your mind. Bowie chatted for a long time with my friend, while I sort of stood there trying not to gawk, trying not to fangirl, while inside I was literally exploding.

The one person that I found to have very dark, creepy energy that night was: Lisa Marie Presley. Oh my god. She was dressed for a funeral in head-to-toe black with a wide-brimmed hat. Scowl on her face like she'd just stepped in shit and smelled it. She had mean girl energy. Since then, I have seen interviews of Lisa Marie where she seems more normal and less ominous. I also understand more about her life than I did back then -- that she was the person that actually found her dad dead on the floor. That she was devastated by her marriage and divorce to Michael Jackson and spent years trying to both win him back and also get over him. I understand she has always been a troubled soul with sad eyes, but also she was a supposedly nurturing mother. But at that time, backstage that night, among so many chatty celebs, she seemed almost demonic. All I could think was "Oh, it's Lisa Marie, the creepy SCIENTOLOGIST." I figured she was in her Scientology/Aleister Crowley mashup era. If anyone knows what was going on with her specifically in 2003 (heroin?), let me know.

by Anonymousreply 85October 6, 2024 8:46 PM

A friend who coordinates international ad campaigns refuses to ever work with Gal Gadot again. She was rude to the film crew and had her team grab every garment on the designer-loan rack to take home with her, leaving the ad firm with a huge bill.

by Anonymousreply 86October 6, 2024 8:50 PM

Coco, Ice-T's wife is a gold digger. She actually got busted cheating on Ice-T and they remained married. Oh, well. He may have cheated on her, as well.

by Anonymousreply 87October 6, 2024 9:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 6, 2024 9:07 PM

R75 Gavin Rossdale.

by Anonymousreply 89October 7, 2024 12:32 AM

[QUOTE] Cindy Adams is a such a relic from another time. I've always heard she's a huge cunt.

HA! Speaking of relics, I actually met Adams once while she helping 300 year old Henny Youngman walk out of a theater. She looked to be struggling and I offered to help (not immediately recognizing either of them, I was probably 20 so this was 35 years ago). She seemed nice and grateful but declined and hobbled away for her Weekend at Henny's.

by Anonymousreply 90October 7, 2024 1:14 AM

The rudest high profile person I ever met was a United States Congressman, he is dead now, but he was rude and had a nasty disposition. His name was John Dingell and he was very powerful. Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 91October 7, 2024 1:30 AM

[quote]Cindy Adams is a such a relic from another time. I've always heard she's a huge cunt.

She's a Russian nesting-doll set of cunts. The center one looks like a Bronx meat locker with rows and rows of coldly swaying beef carcasses on hooks.

by Anonymousreply 92October 7, 2024 1:44 AM

R70, you really aren't on Elie Wiesel's side in that scenario? They invited him to speak and he traveled a long way for it, but they started it late and cut his time short. I think he was right to be angry. They were disrespectful to him.

by Anonymousreply 93October 7, 2024 2:50 AM

Iā€™ve heard that Rollo Tomassi commits all kind of wrongdoing and never gets held accountable for it.

by Anonymousreply 94October 7, 2024 4:36 AM

I took my nephew to a sci fi convention / autograph thing. Richard Dreyfuss was there doing autographs. My nephew didn't really care about him enough to pay for an autograph, but the way the line was structured, you could walk right by him and look. We walked by and we heard him saying to a very young kid (maybe 10ish), "Do you even know who I am? So you saw Jaws? What else have you seen? Nothing, that's what I figured. So you're just here collecting autographs." He signed the kids posted and basically threw it at him. It was very weird, and the kid was very confused.

by Anonymousreply 95October 7, 2024 11:19 AM

Oops - *poster

by Anonymousreply 96October 7, 2024 11:20 AM

R99 - I have a Richard Dreyfuss story. He's at best 5 ft. tall and while I'm average height I towered over him. Anyway, I was at work and bent over a couch to pin something to a bulletin board and felt a presence. I look down and there's Dreyfuss looking like a scared out of his mind as if I were Godzilla about to step on him. We didn't speak and I didn't even know he was there in the building that day, but I'll never forget the look on his face. He wasn't a jerk (although I suspect he usually is), just so strange.

by Anonymousreply 97October 7, 2024 11:39 AM

R95, Dreyfuss was a decent actor and he has a respectable body of work, but shit, he ought to be grateful for the fact that he is remembered at all. And Jaws is a fucking classic that reaches generations beyond it's original audiences. Fuck Richard Dreyfuss. He had Jaws and Close Encounters. What else would a 10 yr old remember!

by Anonymousreply 98October 7, 2024 11:40 AM

If Richard Dreyfuss is that much of a bitter asshole then maybe he shouldnā€™t do Cons. Does he really need the money that badly? Maybe thatā€™s the true source of his bitternessā€¦

by Anonymousreply 99October 7, 2024 11:53 AM

Re: Richard - he must need the money - he's doing a ton of these autograph shows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 7, 2024 12:25 PM

At the horror convention I talked about up thread. I stood in line with my friend who wanted to get an autograph from some old porn star. Seka maybe? She looked like a fat old housewife. I held his phone so he could get a picture with her. He bought her book and got her autograph. After I took the picture she started yelling at me. "Why didn't you buy a book?" I said I was just there to hold my friend's stuff. She yelled what you can't read? It was getting uncomfortable. Same convention I saw Sharon Ferrell who I had worked with a loooong time ago. I figured she would not remember me. She looked up and I saw that spark of recognition then she got a big smile and ran around the table to hub me. OMG I have not seen you in forever, she said as she hugged me. Do you even remember me? I asked. She said, Of course from CBS, You were so sweet. I was floored. It had been about 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 101October 7, 2024 1:54 PM

Someone told me that Steven Spielberg has a whistle that only Richard can hear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 7, 2024 2:13 PM

R101 Sounds like Seka, yes. She does tons of these autograph shows. She was quite stunning back in the 80s, but now she's a fat white trash frau who lives in the midwest with her white trash husband and her real name is Dottie Patton. She's also a hardcore MAGA Trumper, which just floors me, based on her past.

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine invited me to a Zoom session where fans could join and ask Seka questions. I wasn't a fan, but I was curious about what she might have to say, so I joined. Before she joined the session, the Zoom moderator informed everyone that Seka was a "lady" and we were not to say or ask her any questions that were distasteful.

When she finally joined (she was 15 minutes late), she looked like crap and acted like she was bored out of her mind. Because no one could ask her any juicy questions, all she basically talked about was how she was so famous in the 1980s. She talked a little bit about dating Sam Kinison and some rock stars, but she offered nothing particularly revelatory.

Then at the end of the session, she started hocking her stupid autobiography and autographed pictures, and ended with this diatribe about how our country was going to hell and that we needed Trump in office if were going to survive. At that point, I logged off. I was tempted to tell her to fuck off, but I restrained myself.

by Anonymousreply 103October 7, 2024 2:54 PM

What I find interesting in the Reddit thread is how many people claim to have terrible encounters with "celebrities" at cons. It also lines up with stories I've heard from friends. How in the hell do you attend these conventions, charge for an autograph and/or picture and have attitude?

by Anonymousreply 104October 7, 2024 4:11 PM

^ because they're failures at Hollywood or fame and cannot come to grasp with their utter lack of importance.

by Anonymousreply 105October 7, 2024 6:09 PM

Yeah, the cons are not the red carpet at Dorothy Chandler Pavillion. Theyā€™re probably bitter and depressed to be eking out a living amongst the unwashed masses.

by Anonymousreply 106October 7, 2024 8:05 PM

Yeah Jack, this is Faye Dunaway... Look I've raced some of the stuff from the O'Neill interview but I'm not really interested in Terry O'Neill - he's a BIG, BIG LIAR and I'm really not interested in in him and you know all and dilly-dallying and carrying over Mommie Dearest...I don't even want to discuss it in my interview or on this Lloyd-Webber thing: those are NEGATIVES and I notice that you have nothing in about Marlon Brando, you have nothing in about Johnny Depp which I did two films with, I don't expect you to get get him for an interview, but you could put some footage in of the of the Kusturica movie which I was BRILLIANT in and it was not well sold in this country you can talk about the Marlon Brando film that I was wonderful in. All the POSITIVE things along that that period, the Marlon Brando film was going on at the same time that the Lloyd-Webber STUPIDITY was going on and you all have to put in the Lloyd-Webber STUPIDITY, you can't put in that I worked with the wonderful Marlon Brando and talk to the director of that movie FOR CHRISTSAKE! And I'm not gonna approve it and I'm really upset now because that uh for two nights now tried to thread through that STUPID interview with a with a man that I will not even waste my time discussing. And and you know who, suffice it to say, stopped working when he married me and pretended to be my manager for a very long time so LET'S NOT EVEN GO THERE! It's very upsetting to me! And then to put my uh our child in JEOPARDY the way he has. So I'm not interested in these NEGATIVE things that you all are putting in there with me in! I don't want Llloys-Webber in, I'd like you to cut him out, and I'd like you to really trim down everything to do with that Mommie Dearest, I'm not gonna talk about it, maybe one thing I'm gonna say about it and THAT'S ALL. It's just like uh you know an obsession, why can't you be obsessed about POSITIVE THINGS?! About Marlon Brando? About the Kusturica movie that was THE HIT OF ALL THE EUROPE AND CANNES? About uh, the film I did with Brando and talk to that, YOU KNOW?!

by Anonymousreply 107October 7, 2024 8:50 PM

I had a couple of d-list friends who attended these things all the time. One was an old pro, this was the only way she could make her "monthly nut." She was always gracious with her fans. She knew where her bread was buttered. The other was a soap guy who's oxygen was attention from the fau who watched his show. He lived for the adoration.

by Anonymousreply 108October 7, 2024 8:51 PM

I observed an Academy Award winning actress in a little store in Provincetown. She could not have been ruder to the poor salesperson. I want to respect her privacy, but let's just say I'd Fargo any future interactions with her.

by Anonymousreply 109October 7, 2024 8:58 PM

Was this at Buckets 'R Us, R109?

by Anonymousreply 110October 7, 2024 9:18 PM

R109 Would you recognize her if you saw her on a billboard? Or three?

by Anonymousreply 111October 7, 2024 9:20 PM

R109, As someone who was a longtime neighbor of Frances McDormandā€™s in NYC, I can vouch for the fact that she is stone cold, the least friendly neighbor on an otherwise friendly street. That resting bitch face and inability to smile that she affects on award shows is her real life public persona ā€” period.

Having said that, I havenā€™t seen her on my old street for years, not since before Covid. I had heard that she and husband Joel Coen relocated to LA during lockdown, their adopted son is grown up and has flown the coop and though I very occasionally see Coen srill around, never her. I wouldnā€™t be surprised to learn they are quietly living separate lives. Sheā€™s certainly cold comfort.

by Anonymousreply 112October 7, 2024 9:26 PM

What I want to know is, did Faye Dunaway ever make a film with Brando?

by Anonymousreply 113October 7, 2024 9:28 PM

R112 - OK, one more Frances McDormand story. Again, quite some time ago. I was at the Lortel for the Obies (not a nominee, but friends were) and I was coming in close to start time into a very crowded small lobby. I get to the interior door to enter the auditorium at the exact same time a woman's hand reaches out to grab the door handle, but I got to it first. I turned to open the door for her and saw it was Frances McDormand who glared at me like I had just kicked her in the cunt bone. I think she was insulted by the whole man-opens-a-door-for-a-woman pseudo feminist horseshit. After an eternal moment she finally just shrugged with a "fuck it" expression and breezed past me. And no, she did not say thank you let alone smile wanly. In hindsight, I wish I had said, "Age before beauty," but that probably would've gotten me kicked out.

by Anonymousreply 114October 7, 2024 9:46 PM

"What I want to know is, did Faye Dunaway ever make a film with Brando?ā€

Yes, r133. Mommie Dearest, with Jocelyn Brando.

Oh, and Don Juan DeMarco, with Marlon.

by Anonymousreply 115October 7, 2024 9:58 PM

My first job in NYC (late 80s) was working box office and house for a then-hugely popular, long-running show off-Broadway. They had brought in a "name" to boost ticket sales and prep her for the next national tour: Dody Goodman. At the time I was watching late night reruns of Mary Hartman and recognized her instantly. For whatever reason she decided to eat her lunch (tuna sandwich) in the lobby alone rather than backstage with the other actors and crew, so it was just me and her. I was working, walking back and forth and without approaching her I said, "Ms. Goodman, I really enjoyed you on Mary Hartman. I've been watching it lately in reruns." Without even turning to look at me she said, "My goodness. Do people still watch that thing?" Then went back to her tuna sandwich with vacant dead eyes.

Conversely, I was selling tickets one day to a different hit show and I got a phone call from Imogene Coca. She gave her name and began to spell it when I stopped her and said she was famous and I knew the spelling. You'd think I'd just gave her part of my liver. She was delighted to know someone so young knew who she was. It was touching, really.

So, fuck off, Dody.

by Anonymousreply 116October 7, 2024 10:39 PM

Why I'll Never Be Polite to the Help.

by Anonymousreply 117October 7, 2024 11:15 PM

Jesus Christ, R1 cunts about Reddit but this thread has everything BUT gossip. The Reddit thread is 1000% better than this shit.

by Anonymousreply 118October 7, 2024 11:22 PM

The Reddit thread has many, many eyes on it. This place has a fraction of the active users.

by Anonymousreply 119October 7, 2024 11:54 PM

That Reddit thread is great

by Anonymousreply 120October 8, 2024 12:12 AM

I went to college with DJ Qualls and he was so fun and friendly. We had classes together and worked on a few group projects. I ran into him in a restaurant after he had a few movies out and we talked briefly and he was such a prick. Pissy queen. He lies about his age.

by Anonymousreply 121October 8, 2024 12:13 AM

Speaking of DJ Qualls, is he still engaged to that actor no one would have pegged for being gay?

by Anonymousreply 122October 8, 2024 12:17 AM

R122 donā€™t see anything that says otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 123October 8, 2024 12:25 AM

R107, they asked for the rudest celebs, not the craziest!

by Anonymousreply 124October 8, 2024 7:58 AM

Frances McDormand raped me. Left me naked on the kitchen floor.On the way out she flicked her cig ashes on my bleeding ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 8, 2024 8:56 AM

Hey R108 Kevin Spirtas? Hung around with him and he thrived on it. Can't blame him though.

by Anonymousreply 126October 9, 2024 12:35 AM

I've had a few unexpected run-ins with Frances McDormand and once even had a long, gracious conversation with her. She is down-to-earth and friendly for the most part, though leery, I think, of movie fans who want to discuss her work from 25 years ago.

The rudest?

Hmm...

I've met a lot of celebrities and worked with quite a few as well, from Kanye to Liza. But the rudest one (and I hope I'm not forgetting someone who deserves it) was Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser, of all people. DOUCHE EXTRAORDINAIRE.

by Anonymousreply 127October 9, 2024 8:47 AM

Roberta Flack

Worked with her twice. Diva, rude and uncooperative.

by Anonymousreply 128October 10, 2024 12:42 AM

Not rude, but nuts: Wynona Judd

by Anonymousreply 129October 10, 2024 12:42 AM

r129 How is that relevant to this thread, then?

by Anonymousreply 130October 10, 2024 1:14 AM

Who cares, but I'd like to know why Wy is described at "nuts." Although I'm not surprised to hear her described as nuts, would be nice to hear some details.

by Anonymousreply 131October 10, 2024 1:37 AM

I hear from my cater waiter buddies that Cynthia Nixon is nasty. More than one source.

by Anonymousreply 132October 10, 2024 2:31 AM

I've heard the opposite, R132. I've heard Rojo Caliente is the cunt and Cynthia often has to play good cop when they are out and about.

by Anonymousreply 133October 10, 2024 2:38 AM

What did/do r127 and r128 do for a living? Acting and singing?

by Anonymousreply 134October 10, 2024 6:06 AM

Fess Parker

by Anonymousreply 135October 10, 2024 7:08 AM

My parents told me that back in early 70s, they were in Vegas and were sitting at the bar of a restaurant. A woman came up and sat next to them, and my dad whispered to my mom that it was Joanne Worley.

My mother loved the show Laugh In back then, so she turned to Joanne Worley and said, "Miss Worley, I just wanted to let you know I love you on Laugh In."

Joanne Worley just kept looking straight ahead, rolled her eyes, then got up and left the bar.

She was a real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 136October 10, 2024 1:36 PM

[quote] I hear from my cater waiter buddies that Cynthia Nixon is nasty. More than one source.

Cynthia Nixon is the new Tina Louise.

by Anonymousreply 137October 10, 2024 2:09 PM

BeBe Neuwirth's neighbors will twll you what a cold bitch she is.

by Anonymousreply 138October 10, 2024 2:21 PM

Cynthia Nixon doesn't tip. Bartenders hate her. especially lesbian bartenders she has stiffed.

by Anonymousreply 139October 10, 2024 2:24 PM

R136 Thatā€™s awful. Apparently Charlize Theron is the same way and once did that to Tia Mowry at the airport. Tia had time and revealed it all on social media.

by Anonymousreply 140October 10, 2024 2:45 PM

[quote] especially lesbian bartenders she has stiffed.

Cynthia should be so lucky

by Anonymousreply 141October 10, 2024 2:56 PM

Actually it was a soul cycle class not the airport. Iā€™ve also heard people on this site say she is a bitch. She seems like a bitch in this interview just one that is smart and media trained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 10, 2024 2:57 PM

KRTH morning hostess (forgot her name but hate her and her laugh) always relates how Charlize showed up to a children's benefit and after her photos, she simply walked out leaving all those kids waiting for autographs in the lurch.

by Anonymousreply 143October 10, 2024 4:20 PM

R143, how would these kids even know who she is?

by Anonymousreply 144October 10, 2024 6:32 PM

R144, this was many many years ago. But anyways, if you've gone to any of these celebrity functions, the kids are always excited to meet anyone who's called a celebrity and I think Charlize had already won the Oscar. The DJ 's name was Lisa Stanley.

by Anonymousreply 145October 10, 2024 7:19 PM

Were the kids retarded?

by Anonymousreply 146October 10, 2024 7:20 PM

[quote] she simply walked out leaving all those kids waiting for autographs in the lurch.

Well, it's not as if those little bastards had much time left to enjoy it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 147October 10, 2024 8:29 PM

[quote] the kids are always excited to meet anyone who's called a celebrity

I always counted on that.

by Anonymousreply 148October 10, 2024 8:30 PM

R70 has something wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 149October 11, 2024 2:05 AM

Thanks for clarifying, R145.

by Anonymousreply 150October 11, 2024 3:18 AM

R9- I donā€™t know if Elon Musk counts as a celebrity but he certainly counts as a

HUMPTY DUMPTY

by Anonymousreply 151October 11, 2024 3:38 AM

A late but fun entry on that thread:

[quote]Ugh I worked at a super high end hotel and Vera Wang was just awful. She had her assistant tell the front desk to let everyone in the hotel know to not even look at her. Like wtf? She went into the restaurant and apparently had her assistant order her food for her and wouldnā€™t speak to the server. Oh and she looks old as shit in person, the whole ā€œVera Wang doesnā€™t ageā€ thing is based off a whole lot of photoshop.

[quote]We also had JLo and Aaron Rodrigues come in. They demanded to be called Sir and Madam. It was bizarre because ARod had come in several times prior and was always extraordinarily nice to us all but was only rude when he was with her.

by Anonymousreply 152October 11, 2024 3:38 AM

R131. I described Wynona Judd as nuts because she seemed rather unstable, always talking about the relationship with her mother, which was dysfunctional. She was unreliable about media interviews, rather scatterbrain crazy, and then continued talking about her screwball family on stage.

However, I will say, when she sang and joked with the audience, she was fun and put on a good show. She was entertaining and the audience liked her, and she has a good voice. I had to deal with her from a pr/media standpoint, and she was kind of annoying and nutty.

by Anonymousreply 153October 11, 2024 5:13 AM

[quote]Fess Parker

I know that's meant to be a joke, but Fess Parker was really a very sweet man.

by Anonymousreply 154October 11, 2024 6:43 AM

There's another hilarious one where Ronan Farrow pulled the "don't you know who I am" on someone and then emailed his Wiki to whom I suspect was his intended trick.

by Anonymousreply 155October 11, 2024 10:17 PM

^ "OH! You're the son of that Rosemary woman with the devil's baby!"

by Anonymousreply 156October 11, 2024 10:27 PM

R152- She sounds so fuckin uppity.

by Anonymousreply 157October 12, 2024 12:24 AM

R139- At the same time this fuckin kook thinks it's perfectly okay for RIFF RAFF to steal up to $900 worth of merchandise from CVS and not be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 158October 12, 2024 12:26 AM

Andy Coen was in a restaurant in Miami. His table was surrounded by his security, who told the waiter he did not want to be bothered by people. The waiter asked who he was, and when he was told, he said WHO? Andy would not order directly but would tell his security what he wanted, and they would tell the waiter.

by Anonymousreply 159October 12, 2024 2:05 AM

R159- No one I am sure would bother to bother his CHUBBY , CROSS EYED self.

by Anonymousreply 160October 12, 2024 2:13 AM

Funny and sad at the same time r159. Delusional Andy Cohen thinking he's this HUGE star, like Elvis. Ridiculous little man he is.

by Anonymousreply 161October 12, 2024 2:15 AM

[quote] I got "Don't you know who I am?" from Ronan Farrow. He even emailed me his Wikipedia entry so l could read up on him.

[quote] My kid was at pre-school with one of Sam Worthington's kids, and he's very standoffish. Constantly skulks around with his hood up and won't reply if you say good morning. Lara Worthington's nice though and the kids are extremely sweet and well behaved.

[quote] Also, I say this kind of begrudgingly, but one of my kids in in sports with one of Alec Baldwins kids and he's a very friendly, engaged dad.Never see Hilaria, but he's there at every practice chatting with the coaches, hanging with the front desk guys at the rec center and sitting on the uncomfortable benches with the rest of the parents.

by Anonymousreply 162October 12, 2024 8:31 AM

[quote]Andy would not order directly but would tell his security what he wanted, and they would tell the waiter.

This and R152's reminded me of something I read on DL ages ago:

[quote]On one flight, in first class, Cilla Black was refusing to speak to cabin crew, never saying please or thank you, issuing all orders through her PA. The full nine yards. Eventually the flight attendant grew so tired of her behaviour, he leaned over to speak directly to her: "I knew you couldn't sing, but I didn't know you couldn't fucking speak".

by Anonymousreply 163October 12, 2024 2:06 PM

[quote] We also had JLo and Aaron Rodrigues come in. They demanded to be called Sir and Madam. It was bizarre because ARod had come in several times prior and was always extraordinarily nice to us all but was only rude when he was with her.

I love that JLo is such a bitch, it can't be contained and has to start infecting other hosts.

by Anonymousreply 164October 12, 2024 2:44 PM

Bill Nye the Science Guy is a dick, which I know from two personal experiences. He's not necessarily a raging asshole, he's just a sour guy, which was completely at odds with the persona I knew so well from watching and loving his videos in school. I guess he was just playing a character in the endā€”that's showbiz!

by Anonymousreply 165October 12, 2024 3:01 PM

does Sam Worthington even work these days? What a colossal fumble of stardom.

by Anonymousreply 166October 13, 2024 6:24 AM

No, it was a colossal fumble that he FOUND stardom. Very limited talent, and evidently not very nice either.

by Anonymousreply 167October 13, 2024 9:48 AM

Jude Law wasnā€™t to nice to me when I was canvassing by Washington square park for an internship at nightclub I had.

by Anonymousreply 168October 13, 2024 10:15 AM

What did ol Baldilocks say to you r168?

by Anonymousreply 169October 13, 2024 12:47 PM

R168 - If you'd been an 18 year old pretty girl offering to babysit, it would have been a much different story.

by Anonymousreply 170October 13, 2024 12:51 PM

[quote]Andy would not order directly but would tell his security what he wanted, and they would tell the waiter.

I certainly hope CUNT Andy enjoyed his spit covered meal, R159. I would expect being security for CUNT Andy would be an easy gig given nobody gives a fuck when they see CUNT Andy in the wild.

by Anonymousreply 171October 13, 2024 1:31 PM

r171 types like Proud Papa yapping about WINE.

by Anonymousreply 172October 13, 2024 1:51 PM

Celebrities should never be given special treatment. They undermine the hard work that hospitality workers put in. They must make a reservation like everyone else. Order off the menu. Pay. And tip. If not, they won't be allowed back and will be shamed on social media. Celebrities are gross.

by Anonymousreply 173October 13, 2024 1:55 PM

R169 ā€œNo Iā€™m not interested in thatā€ in the most arrogant British accent ever.

by Anonymousreply 174October 13, 2024 3:52 PM

First job out of college was working at an entertainment PR firm, and the actors I met and worked with were generally pleasant people. It was their handlers (publicists, agents) who were quite often completely obnoxious

by Anonymousreply 175October 13, 2024 4:01 PM

Nicole Kidman

by Anonymousreply 176October 13, 2024 4:41 PM

r175 the trick there is it is the actors, they just let their people be the assholes so they can appear nice. Been in PR all my life in Hollywood. Never in my life have I met more demanding, entitled people. I had a tv actress once tell me she was going to Hawaii on vacation and wanted me to set up an interview for her with the local TV station so she could write off her trip. Not a big deal. She then told me she would insist they come to her hotel, she would do an interview over lunch and they would pay for it and she would only give them an hour. Oh and she wanted them to pay for lunch for her, her husband and her kids, who would be eating at another table. I told her I would ask but don't expect they would want to do all that. She paused and said "you are not very good at your job then are you?" I called her back an hour later and said "The station does not want to interview you. Your show is the lowest-rated show in Hawaii. I was able to get you a phone interview with the local paper. FYI I never asked the local station about the lunch part but they did decline to interview her lol,

by Anonymousreply 177October 13, 2024 4:52 PM

R177 what was the actressā€™ name?

by Anonymousreply 178October 13, 2024 4:55 PM

Fifty years ago, when I was at community college in Maryland, Harlan Ellison was hired by one of the social committees to come speak to students. Fifteen students showed up, and he screamed at us for ten minutes because it was such a pathetic crowd.

by Anonymousreply 179October 13, 2024 5:15 PM

R64 - Ugh - I fucking HATE that. You tell people to be cool and prepare them and they do the EXACT OPPOSITE. I would be sooo pissed.

by Anonymousreply 180October 13, 2024 5:20 PM

[quote]Fuck Richard Dreyfuss. He had Jaws and Close Encounters. What else would a 10 yr old remember!

If he's gay? "I don't like the panties drying on the rod."

by Anonymousreply 181October 13, 2024 6:35 PM

[quote][R177] what was the actressā€™ name?

Shirley Booth.

by Anonymousreply 182October 13, 2024 6:48 PM

Nicole Kidman

by Anonymousreply 183October 13, 2024 6:54 PM

I thought it was Salma.

by Anonymousreply 184October 13, 2024 7:41 PM

Salma Hayek. She can't keep her hands off me. I gave her some advice.

by Anonymousreply 185October 13, 2024 7:42 PM

R136. Iā€™ve met her and sheā€™s delightful.

by Anonymousreply 186October 13, 2024 8:02 PM

R166, Sam Worthington is one of the better things in Kevin Costnerā€™s flop of a western, ā€œHorizon,ā€ and his romance with Sienna Miller is the only thing of any interest that actually works in the movie.

Sam is looking slightly worn as befits a fair-skinned redhead edging into middle age. But as someone who always liked his looks, I thonk heā€™s looking fine.

by Anonymousreply 187October 13, 2024 8:42 PM

A friend of mine who was a limo driver used to work for a number of shows including Letterman and SNL. This was back in the mid to late 80s.

He said most of the celebrities he drove were perfectly civil, including famed horrors such as Lauren Bacall and Marlon Brando.

Letterman was cold and uncommunicative to the point of weirdness.

Paul Shaffer was abusive, whiny, always late, blamed the driver for everything, had a filthy mouth and was generally an egotistical asshole.

RDJ started out as friendly and talkative and then got sadder and quieter as things progressed. He was filming a movie (Less Than Zero, I assume) on the west coast between shows for SNL in New York and started looking more and more unwell. His last trip he burst into tears when he arrived at the airport. Since it was the last time my friend saw him I assume it was the day SNL canned him.

The rudest celebrities I ever met personally were through the art world - Richard Serra (pompous and theatrically bored by everyone), Maya Lin (insane bitch), the talent-free asshole Damien Hurst, the snobbish and class-obsessed Zaha Hadid. Alan Rickman was profoundly unimpressed by my attempt at conversation, but it was only a few months before his death and he looked ill and in pain.

by Anonymousreply 188October 13, 2024 10:12 PM

David Copperfield.

by Anonymousreply 189October 13, 2024 10:56 PM

r178 I will save it for the book as I am still working and if I say, it would take all of 10 minutes for someone to deciper who I work for,

by Anonymousreply 190October 13, 2024 11:08 PM

Morrissey, hands down.

by Anonymousreply 191October 13, 2024 11:16 PM

r178, I'll guess: Lauren Graham

by Anonymousreply 192October 14, 2024 4:00 PM

My financial advisor used to events in Hollywood and she said the rudest she encounteredā€”and not just on one occasion, was Jamie Foxx. Also, D-list and influencers.

by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2024 12:01 AM

R193. That tired bitch?

Who would even notice him?

by Anonymousreply 194October 15, 2024 12:24 AM

R 182. So sorry to hear that abut Shirley Booth. Loved her performance in Come Back Little Sheba. So vulnerable. Well, I suppose thatā€™s why they call it acting.

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2024 1:16 AM

[quote] Shirley Booth.

Was Hawaii even a state then?

by Anonymousreply 196October 15, 2024 2:28 AM

Chuckles the Clown

It was all an act.

by Anonymousreply 197October 15, 2024 5:11 AM

Lauren Graham doesnā€™t have a husband and kids. Iā€™m gonna guess Patty Heaton

by Anonymousreply 198October 15, 2024 5:21 AM

R115 What I would PAY to have someone say to her face that they loved her film with Brando, only to then clarify they meant Jocelyn.

by Anonymousreply 199October 15, 2024 5:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!