Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A COMPLETE UNKNOWN Starring, Our Boy, TIMMY CHALAMET

Timmy does Bob Dylan better than Bob Dylan does himself.

Timmy will get his second Oscar nomination for this film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2024 8:24 PM

Already a thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2024 7:28 PM

This clown.

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2024 7:28 PM

I teared up watching him sing Like a Rolling Stone.

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2024 7:35 PM

Pish

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2024 7:44 PM

[quote]Timmy will get his second Oscar nomination for this film.

You sound awfully sure of yourself./

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2024 7:51 PM

Mein Fuhrer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2024 7:53 PM

No r6

The thread you reference doesn’t that the magnificent picture of Timmy.

Any new picture of Timmy is more than deserving of it’s own thread

by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2024 8:31 PM

Op/r7, It’s nice to see I’m not the only non-hater.

by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2024 9:35 PM

The trailer for this looks like the kind of star-is-born collection of clichés done in movies since the year one. He’s somewhat cuter than the real Bob Dylan (who was and is extremely ugly) and the whiney, folky style of singing on exhibit is awful. It could not be further from the prevailing musical styles and preoccupations of today.

I’m not sure why this was made or who the audience is expected to be. I predict it will be a floperoo.

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2024 9:46 PM

Who gives a fuck about Bob Dylan today? Even he sold his whole musical catalog elsewhere. He’s over it and so are we.

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2024 9:47 PM

What were you listening to in 1965, r9 r10.

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2024 10:52 PM

Bob is an old plagiarist.

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2024 11:06 PM

The Beatles, Stones, Dave Clark Five, The Momas & the Papas, the Beach Boys, R 11?

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2024 3:18 AM

OP has embarrassed herself

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2024 3:20 AM

I am untouched by embarrassment if the subject is Timmy r14

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2024 5:10 AM

I was listening to all of those, too, r13, but that snare drum thwack that opens "Like a Rolling Stone" was as thrillingly attention-getting to me as the Beatles had been the year before. I hadn't listened to Dylan before, and everything about both the song and the album was positively addictive.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2024 11:26 PM

Dylan is mafucking favorite.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2024 1:11 AM

If ya don’t like Dylan ….. you don’t know jack squat and should be living in a van down by the river ……

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2024 8:28 AM

Old coot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2024 2:00 PM

This looks kind of terrible. But I’m sure Timmy’s fans will love it.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2024 2:14 PM

Just saw the longer trailer yesterday. It rehashes the “scandal” when in 1965 Dylan used an electric guitar at a major music festival, rather than an acoustic one.

This did cause a kerfuffle at the time between folk purists and those who were perfectly fine with the pop music scene.

But seriously, who would give a shit about this now?

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2024 6:11 PM

[quote]But seriously, who would give a shit about this now?

r16 does.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2024 6:46 PM

Its a shame Timmy had his nose bobbed, and have you seen Dylan's original teeth? In the documentary "Don't Look Back" they are almost as bad as Shane McGowan's.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2024 6:52 PM

Oh Dylan’s teeth had such character. I think it was the best bad mouth full of teeth I’ve ever seen on anyone. He was the first, really, to be out there with that look.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2024 8:15 PM

They were in such a rush to get this out by the end of the year. Wonka was a huge December release and I guess they're hoping that history repeats itself because the Christmas Day release makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2024 8:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!