Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Laura Dern seduces Liam Hemsworth in Lonely Planet

If only Luca Guadagnino had cast Liam instead as Oliver in Call Me By Your Name

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2024 2:59 PM

Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2024 1:14 PM

Isn’t he the ugly one. Obviously he isn’t bad looking at all, he is handsome but he looks the JC Penny catalogue of a “good looking white guy.” There is something so generic about him. Go to any college campus and you see that look. Yes I’m lowkey hating lol.

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2024 2:03 PM

Middle aged frau garbage.

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2024 2:31 PM

No you freaking dumbass

Luke is the “ugly” one

Liam is the pretty one

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2024 2:37 PM

She let a little boy finger her to orgasm in the movie Ramblin Rose. I wonder if that movie would ever get made today.

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2024 2:41 PM

R4 Boyyyy I don’t know who shit in your wheaties this morning but this shit is subjective. At any rate, who’s the one who plays Thor because that’s not this guy. This is Miley’s ex.

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2024 2:45 PM

Too bad you didn’t go on one of your little solo expeditions this past weekend, Matt/blackmussyfacto. You’re always even more mental the following week, if that’s even possible.

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2024 2:50 PM

R7 what are you talking about dude. You need help and perhaps your own share of mussy. I am not defacto or Matt. I stated my opinion. I don’t know all the Hemsworths’ names. You are miserable in your personal life. I can just tell. I try not to keep bashing you but you keep harassing me.

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2024 2:54 PM

Perhaps the best thing about the movie is that it reminds us what it takes to make any romance work onscreen, especially an unexpected one. Beautiful people in beautiful places can be fun to look at, but you need more than just a pretty face to keep your interest over the long term (or a feature-length film).

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2024 5:27 AM

I think he should be the next Bond. He’s fit, attractive, has a sense of humor, Australian, tall and young enough.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2024 2:49 PM

He would be a good Bond but the Broccolis for whatever reason are determined to cast someone on the Spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2024 4:08 PM

I just did not feel the chemistry on Laura Dern's part that would make the story believable. I did not find anything appealing with Katherine's character. Let's face it: for a young, hot person to like someone this older, you would expect this older person to be wise, charming, interesting, etc. Katherine's character was nothing like that for me, just a pale, ill-tempered, shallow author.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2024 7:25 AM

One of the odder trends in 2024 cinema has involved romances, some of them steamy, between middle-aged women and much younger men. Anne Hathaway starred in one, Léa Drucker in another, and Nicole Kidman in not one but two more. This plot is hardly new, either in concept — Hollywood history is riddled with older men romancing ingénues — or in this specifically gendered execution, with examples from “The Graduate” to “May December” in the canon.

But this year’s bumper crop is noticeable and a little inexplicable. The nature of the tale is fairly consistent: A woman is on a journey of self-understanding, and the liaison is the key to unlocking some ineffable thing she’s lost. The relationship may or may not be fated for long-term success, but it points to double standards about women’s pleasure and also can make for some pretty hot cinema.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2024 11:47 AM

Aaron Taylor Johnson and Sam aside, I am not seeing couples like this irl at all. Hollywood makes it seem like some phenomenon that is common right now. Gorgeous guys in their 20’s with women pushing 60….no.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2024 12:53 PM

I like Laura Dern, but she has a very unsexy / unromantic persona.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2024 1:09 PM

[quote] I just did not feel the chemistry on Laura Dern's part that would make the story believable.

Tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2024 1:53 PM

Blasphemy, OP. Armie was a hot Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2024 2:59 PM

It's particularly unbelievable because Laura Dern is a goofy looking woman. She's not very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2024 9:45 PM

R17 I would have shown ass.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2024 10:51 PM

Watch it if you want a tour of Morocco and Liam Hemsworth's body. You won't miss much if you don't watch it either.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2024 2:11 AM

What if I just want a tour of Liam’s body?

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2024 2:56 AM

I remember as a kid seeing Laura Dern being seduced by Treat Williams in the movie Smooth Talk. Treat was fuckinghit in that movie. He was one of those guys from my early youth that made me feel gay.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2024 3:03 AM

Let’s try a different link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2024 3:09 AM

Laura has that angular look of both her parents.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2024 3:12 AM

Hopefully the brothers are alike in other ways as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2024 3:23 AM

Didn't recognise Laura, she looks thin faced (aged). Liam only looks/sounds good when being Australian. Luke is the plainest brother, then Liam then Chris.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2024 3:26 AM

Does he get his ass out in this?

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2024 3:28 AM

I’m impressed at how his nipples are erect the whole movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2024 1:31 PM

Boing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2024 1:36 PM

I love Laura but she needs to stay away from projects like that.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2024 2:18 PM

I pictured Aaron Tveit as Oliver while reading the book. He would have been the perfect age to shoot the movie, and he’s so much better looking than AH.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2024 2:42 PM

Aaron Tevin would have been 31 or 32 when CMBYN was filmed. Hemsworth would have been 26.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2024 2:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!