Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do you listen to music?

I can’t sit on the couch and just listen to an album, the same I would watch a movie. I have to be doing something, like taking a walk or cleaning. I listen to a lot of opera, so if I’m looking at a score or libretto I can stay interested. But if I attempt to simply sit and listen, my mind wanders immediately.

Am I alone here?

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2024 6:01 AM

Usually while taking a walk.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2024 4:28 AM

Surf the internet and read. Cannot just sit and listen either. Sometimes I'll read the notes on the classical music I'm listening to.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2024 4:46 AM

I have music while I'm cycling and swimming, or while I'm working. I could just sit and listen but I just dont have the time to not multitask

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2024 4:58 AM

[quote]How do you listen to music?

Through my ears.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2024 5:07 AM

Interesting question.

Nothing wrong with letting your mind wander while listening to music, sat on the sofa.

I find it easier to really sit and listen to music at the end of a long day, when my brain and body are tired. A good Mahler symphony, for example…

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2024 7:46 AM

I listen to playlists on YouTube all day while I'm on my computer

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2024 7:49 AM

Are you me, OP? I am never bored at the opera but I cannot watch or listen at home for more than a piece or two. I can and enjoy it when I read along sheet music, check something, make a YouTube video for it, shit like that. This summer I got stuck with bone conduction headphones (which I originally bought for someone else) that are suitable for swimming. (They cost well below a hundred bucks in the meantime). I go swimming a lot so now I can listen to all the albums that I wanted to listen, promised people to listen but never got round to it. Eight out of ten, would recommend.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2024 10:45 AM

R7 having a waterproof music player is awesome, I do so much more swimming when I have music to swim to

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2024 12:26 PM

Favorite place and way to listen to music is in my car. Me, alone, driving. AC on. Eclectic mix, mostly rock.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2024 6:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!