Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Bootsie Gumdrop?

It's hard to see how she (he?) would have stayed out of all the election threads.

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2024 4:39 PM

People die all the time, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2024 5:59 PM

Forget Bootsie Gumdrop. WHET to the political yard sign troll from 2020?

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2024 6:17 PM

Bootsie was banned I think.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2024 6:22 PM

Why?

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2024 6:25 PM

Bootsie was red tagged a couple of months ago for not going a long with the “message”

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2024 7:10 PM

Bootsie once told me that s/he hoped I would die when I said that I’d been hospitalized with Covid during the pandemic.

I don’t miss it.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2024 9:31 PM

At first I thought this was about the real Bootsie G.

I thought, “Well, that was Jaclyn’s childhood CAT. So, chances ARE…”

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2024 3:43 AM

A Haitian ate him.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2024 4:43 AM

[quote]R5: Bootsie was red tagged a couple of months ago, having gotten caught harassing other posters with personal information and with sock accounts.

FIFY.

Although his primary account was redlined, he is still here though, in the form of dozens of sock accounts.

There's every chance the OP is Bootsie, seeking to gauge how the board remembers him.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2024 5:37 AM

Oh, if that's the case, R9:

Bootsie, you are a sad fucking loser cunt. I don't know how you can continue to live when the only way that you have to make an impact on people is to be a vile old queen.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2024 5:52 AM

Poisoned Dragon sucks

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2024 2:02 PM

Yes, definitely. Why anybody authenticates is beyond me. It's just arrogance. Trust me, authenticateds, you're not special.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2024 2:15 PM

I'm quite special.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2024 2:24 PM

Probably, having chosen a name like that.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2024 2:26 PM

Bootsie Gumdrop was a shelter cat

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2024 2:27 PM

Bootsie Gumdrop was a shelter cat.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2024 2:28 PM

Bootsie Gumdrop was a shelter cat.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2024 2:29 PM

Give it a rest, Jaclyn.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2024 2:30 PM

r15 Ok

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2024 2:30 PM

r16 Ok

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2024 2:30 PM

r17 Ok

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2024 2:30 PM

My first cat was a shelter cat named Bootsie Gumdrop. But now my husband is allergic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2024 2:35 PM

[Quote] having gotten caught harassing other posters with personal information and with sock accounts.

Don’t remember that, he was the guy that figured out that the Defacto poster had outed himself by posting his own Twitter in links on datalounge. He went to that Twitter account and saw it was the same person as yard signs troll/defacto.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2024 2:58 PM

It figure's that Poisoned Dragon would be outraged at outing that turd Defacto

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2024 7:00 PM

[quote]R11/R24: It figure's that Poisoned Dragon would be outraged at outing that turd Defacto

I would recommend that you learn to use apostrophes, but I think you already know, and misused it as an intentional affectation.

I'm never "outraged" at anything, ever. It was simply a factual statement. Bootsie was constantly posting pics of Anscher, and when he was redlined, he'd just posted the pics in two or three threads within the previous 24 hours. After he was redlined, it took him a couple of weeks or a month to return to his harassment tactics (I am also one of the posters he routinely harassed).

As far as DeFacto is concerned, I've never seen 'the work' or evidence regarding that person (R23 notwithstanding); it's just a pic and an oft-repeated assertion, to the tune of many dozens of times a week on many dozens of threads. Nearly everyone here has had a turn being accused of being DeFacto, with the only common denominator being that a) they're racist, especially anti-black and antisemitic, and b) they're right wing. There's so many accounts here sharing those traits that it has made calling somebody 'DeFacto' utterly meaningless, except as a rhetorical smear (like the comments at R11 and R24). It's worth pointing out that those are also traits shared by Bootsie. To me, the preponderance of evidence suggests that "DeFacto" (who once also maintained a series of related authenticated usernames, rather like the 'Teacake' series, but all were redlined long ago) is just a rhetorical boogeyman probably maintained and reinforced by Bootsie himself, and were originally run by the same user as Bootsie. Its purpose is to serve as a smokescreen shielding the actual troll identity.

The really dedicated trollsocks here maintain a stable of authenticated accounts, but rarely sign their posts, choosing judiciously which posts to sign. This makes the accounts harder to track. The username "Bootsie-Gumdrop" was itself one of these, only distinguished by its longevity and poster familiarity.

I still think that this thread was made by and for the user formerly known as Bootsie.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2024 9:45 PM

Wasn't Bootsie from Toronto?

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2024 9:47 PM

What was Bootsie Gumdrop?

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2024 10:45 PM

I did a bump with Bootsie in a stall at Twilo and was high for three days. Never again!

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2024 10:58 PM

[quote]R27: What was Bootsie Gumdrop?

In 2010, actress Jaclyn Smith of 'Charlie's Angels' fame posted to Twitter, "My first pet was a shelter cat named Bootsie Gumdrop." A prolific sock user here on Datalounge decided to use that name for one of his authenticated accounts.

On the thread "𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤," one can find one of its last posts (Reply 30) before being red-tagged as [ 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝟔𝟏𝟎𝟗 ]:

It was this post, evidently using the wrong account, which revealed that Bootsie-Gumdrop was the user who'd spent the past three years chasing me around the DL, heckling my posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2024 11:03 PM

The thread that started it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2024 12:08 AM

R15 TLDR

Poisoned Dragon continues to suck

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2024 3:50 AM

I didn't always agree with him, but I do miss his posts and POV.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2024 3:52 AM

Must have struck a nerve, huh, R5, R11, R24, R31?

[quote]R32: I didn't always agree with him, but I do miss his posts and POV.

What "POV"? He feigned lots of different ones. Which did you have in mind? "Jesus Christ existed", or "mankind needs religion to keep it in its place"?

You're still getting them, R32 - all over the DL, and on this thread as well.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2024 3:58 AM

Get over it. This is just as tedious. You're a name on a message board. Have a think.

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2024 4:00 AM

No Poisoned Dragon…you’ve always suck since I first read your rancid self righteous posts years ago.

You’ve always sucked, and you will always suck until the day you die and your wretched carcass decays is discovered months later because no one cares about you.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2024 4:03 AM

[quote]R34: Get over it. This is just as tedious. You're a name on a message board. Have a think.

Tell that to Bootsie at R5, R11, R24, R31, and R35. 𝐻𝑒'𝑠 the one who lost an argument about Jesus and has never, 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 gotten over it. Talk about a 'Tireless Rebutter.' Through no fault of my own, I live rent-free in his head, and have for years.

But then, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 yet another Bootsie sock on the thread (R4, R12, R14, R26, and R34), and that's no lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2024 4:21 AM

Who was Bootsie Gumdrop?

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2024 4:21 AM

It’s hilarious that Rancid Turd Fucking Dragon thinks that I’m Boostir Gumdrop

The paranoia and utter stupidity of DL, and most especially of PD who has a GREAT opinion of himself, continues to delight

Please PD…embarrass yourself more

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2024 4:28 AM

[quote]Who was Bootsie Gumdrop?

Who *wasn't* Bootsie Gumdrop?

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2024 4:33 AM

R33, I never took him for a God/Jesus warrior.

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2024 4:45 AM

You're paranoid, Poisoned Dragon. And small. Show some dignity and self-respect.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2024 4:54 AM

[quote]R40: I never took him for a God/Jesus warrior.

From the 𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝? thread, Reply 272 (thread linked below):

"I’m an atheist. Of COURSE Jesus existed.

You’re not going to see contemporary records of him during his lifetime because he was a common man who didn’t cause a lot of trouble. I mean, not like Spartacus or Watt Tyler for instance.

But he was written about by many people who knew him after his death. Let’s admit many of the stories are quite quotidian. No one would ever make shit like that up. It’s too ordinary.

The idea that people would make up a messiah who lived a fairly ordinary life and was then … executed? Do us a favor.

[ troll 6109 ] —Bootsy-Gumdrop"

This was probably the last time he authenticated an opinion like this (11/23/23), but he'd done so in the past as well.

In the 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐱 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐬 thread, one of the black cosplayers was razzing me about Anscher ("I'm merely getting you primed for when your faithful (and frankly inevitable) "opponent" shows up. I believe you frequently suspect him of being someone named "Matt." Any minute, now."), and I answered at Reply 48:

" Nope. In order to summon Ugly Anscher, I'd need to start talking about Leviticus. It doesn't come up that much.

There's another, a Christian (the Dennis R MacDonald troll), who used to believe that for the sake of Jesus and the salvation of peoples' souls, I needed to be stopped from posting. He has largely ducked out of sight, or only uses socks.

Then there were the Catholics, typified by 'Xavier,' who also was no stranger to socks. That one's posting style and opinions strangely seem to have survived his purported death. 'Personal Theology' is another; Surviving Angel is another. 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐬𝐲-𝐆𝐮𝐦𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐬' 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞. 𝐇𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐬. 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟. Bitterness at having lost arguments about Jesus is a common trait; they cannot refrain from ad hominems (these are often the same, or similar).

Let's get back to your second quote I cited in Reply 37. Do you believe that?

Are you black?"

(This was the extract from the cosplayer's posting history which I was asking about:

"Ok then. Here's a fun and controversial answer: Black people (specifically those descended from slaves) are the original Jews, belonging to "the tribe of Judah" and those who call themselves Jews today (including those in Israel) are imposters who all belong to "a synagogue of Satan." .)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2024 5:17 AM

Yep…he kept on embarrassing himself

By

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2024 5:24 AM

By the way I am not the only poster to express the idea that DeFacto is something promoted by Bootsie-Gumdrop.

From the 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐤𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬! thread, Reply 161:

[quote]Bootsy Gumdrop has been spamming us with this "Matt-facto" stuff for a while now, and if you ask why they think Defacto ISN'T Davida, they have no answer, they just accuse you of being Davida. They've caused a lot of confusion about who our trolls are, and I suspect that's very much what they're trying to do.

There's extraordinary stuff surviving if you enter 'Bootsie' into the DL search and uncheck 'OP Only.' You'll get some 20 pages worth of results. Start at the farthest end and work your way backwards toward the present.

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2024 5:41 AM

In case you haven't noticed, r44 -- Bootsie Gumdrop, undoubted cunt that he is, inhabits your head 24/7? Do you not understand he won and that you handed the victory to him?

by Anonymousreply 45October 13, 2024 6:17 AM

She was waiting to see who Meghan “The Oracle” McHeiress would steer her to

by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2024 8:51 AM

Wow

This thread is bonkers. I am surprised it hasn’t been Muriel’ed yet.

by Anonymousreply 47October 13, 2024 9:56 AM

This kind of authenticated nonsense is why I have most authenticateds blocked. When you're anonymous, every post is a fresh start, so if you were a dick on your last post, you could very well have something interesting to say in your next. But when you start accumulating a perception tied to a name, it's hard to shake. Maybe we'd all come across as arrogant if we were authenticated or maybe you've got to be inherently arrogant to be authenticated. Either way, give me anonymous any day.

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2024 2:03 PM

Some of us are clearly far too invested in the things that happen here.

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2024 3:24 PM

[quote]R45: In case you haven't noticed, [R44] -- Bootsie Gumdrop, undoubted cunt that he is, inhabits your head 24/7? Do you not understand he won and that you handed the victory to him?

No, babe, I do not understand that. The subject of this anonymous - not authenticated - thread was Bootsie-Gumdrop, and I spent a few hours last evening posting about my past experiences with the poster and intermittently replying to Bootsie surrogates who are apparently deeply invested in the issue and in controlling what's said about him. I don't constantly think about him or post about him. Trying to characterize what I've said here as an obsession - rather than questioning the motives of the OP or the Bootsie surrogates - smacks of desperation.

[quote]R47/ElderLez: This thread is bonkers. I am surprised it hasn’t been Muriel’ed yet.

Exactly what about it is 'bonkers'? And why would it need to be 'Muriel'ed'? There hasn't been any personal information doxxed here.

Look, the DL has been purposefully designed with built-in tracking and research tools to help expose the kind of unrestrained anonymous fuckery and gaslighting that R4 / R12 / R14 / R26 / R34 and R48 advocates. And he's using several socks to bawl about it. There's a shared point of view between the socks on this thread - all of them are crying that 'authentication is just arrogance' (though it bears pointing out that in order to be able to post here, one ℎ𝑎𝑠 to have a paid, authenticated account - but one has the option to leave the signature box unchecked 𝑖𝑓 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑠 𝑡𝑜), that I supposedly have a "great opinion" of myself (something I've never expressed anywhere) and exhibiting great concern that I'm somehow 'embarrassing' myself. Let's be clear here: the only one who's embarrassed here, or has any call to be, is the sock user. And if I'm as unendurable as he and his socks make out, he could always put me on ignore. But all of the sock accounts have always refused to do that.

[quote]R49: Some of us are clearly far too invested in the things that happen here.

Yes, they most certainly are. Which is more difficult to justify - a single poster who's said a few things and backed them up - or a hoard of sock accounts who seemingly share a hive mind, and cannot let the issue go? This thread was posted to ask about Bootsie-Gumdrop, and evidently he doesn't like what's been said.

Everything I've said is researchable. I'm done with this thread.

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2024 3:43 PM

Poisoned Dragon is clearly autistic AND a social retard

But everyone knew that way before this thread

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2024 4:28 PM

PD, let it go. This obsession looks unhinged. It’s unhealthy and turning into troll-like behavior.

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2024 4:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!