Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How often do you go to the movie theater?

Inspired by the Oscars thread. I used to go all the time. Now it’s a rare event

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2024 9:46 PM

Maybe a couple times a year now. Pre-pandemic I went a couple times a month with a small group of movie friends.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2024 5:58 PM

The last movie I saw in a theater was 5 years ago. The seats are uncomfortable and you just know there will be some fuckhead two rows in front of you, talking on his cell phone during the third reel.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2024 6:04 PM

Couple times a year. We have a big 75” tv downstairs. We just torrent new stuff. Fuck Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2024 6:07 PM

Sporadically but I have movie theaters near me.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2024 7:17 PM

I have an Unlimited card so can see as many films as I want, I've seen 15 films this year, and would see more if they're released on the big screen, such as Steve McQueen's Blitz.

I go in the afternoon and there is rarely any misbehaviour. ]

Last year I only went about 5 times and kept meaning to cancel my membership and decided I'd make a real effort to use it this year.

Seeing the spectacular films on the big screen with the right sound just can't be improved on.

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2024 7:29 PM

You can MARY! me all you like, but the movies I enjoy don't require 3D, deafening Dolby, and giant special effects, so 99.99% of the time I'm happy to watch at home.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2024 7:30 PM

I stopped going before COVID bc of the hooligans at the theatre. They make noise and laugh at inappropriate times, repeatedly ruining everything that made it worth going in the first place.

Now I enjoy movies with surround sound HD TV in my hermetically sealed home.

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2024 7:38 PM

The last film I saw was "Zone of Interest" last January.

There simply hasn't been any film that has been released from then until now that I had the slightest interest in.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2024 8:33 PM

I attend the legitimate theatre.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2024 8:43 PM

Yeah I’m not an 8 yr old looking for superheroes 🦸‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2024 8:45 PM

Very rarely these days. I got tired if asking people to please stop recording snippets of the movie for SnapChat/TikTok/Whatever. If I wanted to be distracted during a movie by the glare of a mobile phone, I’d stay at home on my sofa with my husband and get the distraction for free!

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2024 8:56 PM

Before Covid lockdown, I 'd go a few times a year for the big event movies that are more fun with a huge crowd and large screen.

Since Covid, not once. I can wait for it to hit streaming platforms now that the window is down to about 90 days.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2024 8:58 PM

I've watched 19 movies in theaters this year.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2024 9:00 PM

The last movie I saw in a theater was Bohemian Rhapsody.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2024 9:45 PM

For me it was Gladiator.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2024 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!