Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sum 41's Deryck Whibley says his former mentor and manager groomed him into a sexual relationship when he was a teen

The manager sounds sleazy as hell

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2024 2:00 AM

For some reason DL won't let me post a link, but there's a story about it at the Washington Post

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2024 8:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2024 9:03 PM

Do not have sex with people with whom you have a power imbalance.

Do not have sex with people you've known since before they were 18.

Do not have sex with people to whom you have a fiduciary or legal responsbility to consider their best interests.

It's really not that hard - then again, apparently, it is, both literally and figuratively.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2024 9:10 PM

Sexual abuse allegations from Wiki:

[quote] Sum 41 vocalist Whibley accused Nori of grooming and sexual abuse in his memoir Walking Disaster published in 2024. According to Whibley, Nori had one requirement as a manager, and that was he wanted total control and the rest of the group could not talk to anyone but him. Whibley said Nori was "the only person [they] could trust".

[quote] In his book, Whibley said that when they both attended a rave, Whibley invited him into a bathroom to take ecstasy and when in the stall, Whibley said that that Nori allegedly grabbed and kissed him stating that "many rock stars were queer". When Whibley said he rejected these advances, Nori allegedly got "psychologically and verbally abusive." Whibley also claims that Nori provided him and former Sum 41 drummer Steve Jocz with their first alcoholic beverages.

[quote] Nori told The Globe and Mail prior to the coverage published online that he had not read Whibley's book or heard the allegations, but he has denied the allegations and has retained a defamation lawyer. Nori wrote in a statement through the Toronto Star that the accusation that he initiated the relationship was false. "I did not initiate it. Whibley initiated it, aggressively."

[quote] Nori continued that when their relationship began, Whibley and him were both adults and that "the accusation that I pressured Whibley to continue the relationship by accusing him of homophobia is false. Ultimately the relationship simply faded out. Consensually. Our business relationship continued."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2024 9:19 PM

Canadian drama.

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2024 9:48 PM

If you are Canadian do not initiate a sexual or romantic relationship with anyone if you knew them when they were a child and you were an adult at the time.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2024 9:57 PM

I don't believe this.

Only because Deryck Whibley is ugly as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2024 10:11 PM

He’s not a model, but he’s not ugly as fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2024 10:14 PM

Yes he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2024 10:18 PM

If you take away the awful hair, he's not bad looking. And chickenhawks value youth above all in their partners

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2024 10:35 PM

His face looks like he did the 50 yard dash in a 30 yard gym

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2024 10:40 PM

Avril Lavigne has been involved with a who’s-who of veritable douchbags.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2024 10:45 PM

I heard this rumor a long time ago, but it was framed as a casting couch thing for how Sum 41 got signed. I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2024 10:46 PM

Nori is handsome.

NOT GUILTY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2024 11:00 PM

Whitley has a history of substance abuse and physical injury from performing. I believe him. Sounds like he’s going through a lot.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2024 11:01 PM

⬆️ third slide/pic

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2024 11:01 PM

He's a FAG?!

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2024 11:52 PM

All these rock bros are always sucking each other's cocks, rimming each other's cracks on the downlow!

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2024 11:55 PM

People today think childhood ends at 35. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2024 11:57 PM

R3 = hysterical frau

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2024 11:58 PM

Deryck was the one with the power.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2024 12:02 AM

He’s upset because he decided to dabble in homosex as an adult and now he feels emasculated.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2024 12:02 AM

[quote] Do not have sex with people with whom you have a power imbalance.

Oh, please. That was the funnest sex to have when I was a young twink.

When did everybody become such mollycoddled babies?

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2024 12:04 AM

"Nori is handsome"

That's handsome?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2024 12:05 AM

[quote][R3] = hysterical frau

Has nothing to do with frau hysteria or being sex negative.

It's purely self-preservation. In this day and age, if you violate one of those points I listed, you leave yourself open to accusations from malicious or unhinged and unstable people.

Nori admitted to having sex with the guy which means that proof of a sexual relationship must exist or at least be undeniable. Now, that leaves the door open to a he said/he said situation. Was it consensual - they are the only ones who'll ever know.

However, is Nori now damned by accusation - yep.

You're a fool if you leave yourself vulnerable, especially to accusations around "grooming" and such.

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2024 12:13 AM

R25, okay, now I see your angle and agree.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2024 12:24 AM

That word groomed. I can't get past it. Can we try a different one. It sounds so nasty. We were all groomed to eat cornflakes for breakfast. I groomed my zit. She groomed her cat. The priest groomed the choir boy.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2024 12:30 AM

this guy has Artie Lange nose.

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2024 12:31 AM

He’s fucked Paris Hilton, so we know everyone involved in this story has herpes for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2024 12:35 AM

R27, what a stupid, overused word. A favorite of the forever-children currently in their twenties

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2024 12:46 AM

[quote]That word groomed. I can't get past it. Can we try a different one. It sounds so nasty.

Um, with regard to sexual relationships, it's meant to sound nasty. It's intended to have a nasty and unsavory connotation.

It was popularized to describe sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2024 12:47 AM

He was a cute kid with a really ugly nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2024 12:56 AM

I dunno is not like he was like 13 and didn't know better, it seems to me that he was an adult when this happened. Maybe he regrets that the ecstasy made everything feel better.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2024 1:19 AM

Nori was cute when he was younger. He was probably in his late 30s during that time. I don’t blame that ugly troll for wanting a piece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2024 1:30 AM

[quote] Has nothing to do with frau hysteria or being sex negative.

It has everything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2024 1:32 AM

He groomed me to have sex with him when I was an adult. This is where we’re at now? No personal responsibility whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2024 1:33 AM

R36, he started grooming him at 16 and presented himself as a father figure. Why aren't you talking about the personal responsibility of predators to find suitable partners who aren't teens?

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2024 1:42 AM

R37. When did the sex start?

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2024 1:45 AM

R8/R10 = Helen Keller

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2024 1:53 AM

R31 Yeah but it's already in service with a different connotation. Nixon was groomed to be the president. I groomed my dog for the dog show. She was groomed for a night out on the town.

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2024 2:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!