Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’m curious to know - are there any registered Independents on DL?

When I registered to vote in high school at age 17 I registered as an independent. My thinking at the time as an idealist 17 year old was that I wanted to consider the issues and vote for who I truly thought was the best candidate regardless of political party. And then I ended up voting democrat in every election anyway. The first election I was old enough to vote in was 2000 and I hated Bush. I voted for Obama both times and then Hillary and Biden. I thought John McCain was a good man but his running mate was a dope.

Anyway, when I moved across the country I just registered as a democrat because at that point, in the era of Trump, I no longer really saw the point in being independent anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2024 11:26 PM

I've been an Independent since 1992, but I do register as one or the other parties for primaries I want to vote in.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2024 11:21 PM

Fascinating post OP

Get a blog.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2024 11:23 PM

I don't believe this is important. It's important to vote for the candidates who represent the values and policies that are important for you.

Most citizens do not vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2024 11:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!