Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bear climbs the fence to the CT governor’s mansion

Breaking and entering 🐻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2024 5:23 AM

Dollface thread.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2024 1:06 AM

A bar can climb a fence, you say?

So, a person wouldn't have to be in the outbacks of Australia for wild animal to attack and kill your child?

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2024 1:06 AM

R2 = German

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2024 1:08 AM

OP, how did you miss Bearking and entering?

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2024 1:40 AM

Exactly r4, I was about to ask the same.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2024 1:40 AM

Honestly R4, OP had one job!

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2024 2:36 AM

I assume the gov manse is in Hartford proper. We see a lot of bears roaming around small towns / rural areas, but this is different. I haven't had any bears yet, and I hope it stays that way.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2024 2:40 AM

October is peak hyperphagia time for bears in the northern hemisphere, which means they sleep very little and spend roughly 20 hours a day searching for food so they can fatten up enough to den-up at the end of the month. This and August (when they're seeking places to cool off) is when you get the most bear sightings.

But they're not more aggressive now (as they are in August), just pregnant and hungry. October is also the month when the most bears are hit by cars, so be on the lookout for them around dawn and dusk, when they do most of their traveling.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2024 3:08 AM

R8, are you the bear king?

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2024 3:11 AM

🐻 👑 🐾

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2024 3:12 AM

Thanks r8.

In my experience a territorial domestic cat can be enough to scare a black bear.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2024 3:35 AM

Bearking and entering.

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2024 4:55 AM

Looks tasty. Think it'll fit in the trunk of my rental car?

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2024 5:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!