Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael Moore Dares Joe Biden to Use ‘Full Immunity’ in Last 100 Days as President

Michael Moore wants President Joe Biden to leave the White House a “hero.” According to the renowned filmmaker, the president ought to take advantage of “full immunity” and pass a “bucket list” of reforms in his last 100 days in office.

“With a simple stroke or two of your presidential pen, you can make life better for millions of people in ways you never would’ve dreamed possible,” Moore wrote on his Substack on Saturday.

Referencing the Supreme Court’s recent ruling on presidential immunity that provided sweeping protections for “official acts” made by sitting presidents—which has created judicial over Donald Trump’s efforts to subvert the 2020 election—Moore argued that Biden can now essentially govern however he wants while he remains in office.

“Some people are now calling you a ‘lame duck’ president—but then it occurred to me today: You’re not done. You’ve still got 100 days left in office! And the Supreme Court has just granted you super powers — AND immunity!” the film director continued.

Moore detailed a series of executive actions he said Biden should take before Jan. 20, 2025, claiming that the initiatives “already have the support of the majority of the American people.”

Moore’s “Bucket List for Scranton Joe” included 13 line items such as officially declaring the Equal Rights Amendment as “the 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution,” eliminating student and medical debt, banning spam text messaging, granting clemency for non-violent drug offenders, and pardoning Edward Snowden.

The Hollywood veteran also called on Biden to “free the hostages in Gaza, free the political prisoners in Israel and stop this slaughter,” warning that his presidential legacy risked being defined by ongoing violence and conflict in Israel and Palestine.

“You want to help people, Joe. That’s your legacy. That’s the real Joe Biden,” wrote Moore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2024 12:05 AM

Justice for Hunter!

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2024 1:24 PM

Michael is desperate for attention again.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2024 1:24 PM

I don't know about this particular list, but I do think he should absolutely find ways to use the SCOTUS ruling in ways the SCOTUS majority was counting on him not taking advantage of, because their decision was meant to be used only by corrupt (i.e., Republican) politicians.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2024 1:25 PM

I fucking love this idea, and I hope President Biden does it.

He has absolutely nothing to lose!

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2024 1:26 PM

A president can't just add an amendment to the constitution. It says so *in the constitution*.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2024 1:33 PM

Donald Trump WIPED HIS ASS with the Constitution from 2017-2021, R5.

And no one did a thing about it.

Not Congress or the Supreme Court.

So go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2024 1:37 PM

President Joe Biden is never going to take actions that he knows are (or should be) illegal. With this dumb stunt, Fatso Moore is doing nothing but helping Trump. Couldn't he have waited another month to crawl out from the rock he's been under?

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2024 1:46 PM

R5, I think r6 schooled you on this very well. The SC basically has said the president can do what he wants unless/until a court finds it unconstitutional. And I agree, once Kamala wins, Joe should go crazy.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2024 1:47 PM

Can Michael Moore be on Dancing with the Stars? And the Menendez twins? And Kim Guilfoyle once she realizes she has been banished from Dumpville?

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2024 1:49 PM

r7, i agree

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2024 1:51 PM

Yeah, r8, I got schooled for pointing out that the constitution has very specific procedures for adding amendments. I feel so stupid now.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2024 2:07 PM

Also, some people don't seem to understand the SC ruling at all.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2024 2:19 PM

R11, you got schooled because the SC has granted the president all manners of power until the SC decides they’re unconstitutional. R5 didn’t mention amendments btw.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2024 2:21 PM

Read the SC ruling and come back and explain what you think it says, r13. Post r5 (me) specifically said a president can't add amendments to the constitution, so wtf are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2024 2:36 PM

R9, Who are the Melendez twins of whom you speak?

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2024 3:06 PM

Biden would never do that which is why he had to go.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2024 3:20 PM

Looks at his plaintive cries: why does Trump lie about hurricane response. "I don't know" was Biden's answer, which means he really does not understand what an existential threat Trump is to the country and he should have locked him up in Guantanamo as an enemy combatant and foreign spy long ago.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2024 3:21 PM

R14, I meant r6, not you at r5. That’s what I get for drinking three martinis before breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2024 3:29 PM

R17, I don’t believe that. I think Biden totally understands the existential threat Dump poses. But like the rest of us, he cannot comprehend the utter despicable soul that is Dump. I don’t understand why Dump lies, because I can’t go there as a person.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2024 3:31 PM

Biden ran in 2020 to protect America from Trump. And he's doing the same thing by rejecting a second term (whether spontaneous or pre-planned).

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2024 3:34 PM

[quote] what an existential threat Trump is to the country and he should have locked him up in Guantanamo as an enemy combatant and foreign spy long ago

Agreed.

And it's still not too late to lock the fucking BEAST TRUMP where he belongs.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2024 6:54 PM

I think I agree.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2024 11:32 PM

Biden won't do anything besides launching a war on Iran on behalf of the Zionists

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2024 11:36 PM

He should just have the whole Dump family taken out by the military. They are a clear and present danger.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2024 11:57 PM

R23 putting in his two cents (and that’s about what it was worth).

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2024 11:59 PM

Michael Moore needs to transition already.

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2024 12:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!