Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Wardrobe Secrets of Ab Fab

Behold, the secrets of our favorite fashion victims!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 6:56 PM

They definitely look tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2024 11:08 PM

That YouTube clip of the documentary is interesting. I know Edina was supposed to be considerably older than Saunders herself, but how TF does Lumley still look so fabulous? She's barely aged! Has she been injecting her face with Parallox? (Julia sure as fuck has. I haven't see that large of a wrinkle-free forehead this side of Nicole Kidman.)

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2024 11:11 PM

I see Saunders is still milking this show that wasn’t funny after the 90s. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2024 11:14 PM

So much fun.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2024 11:15 PM

R3: Series 4 was good. But yes, after Gay in New York, it should have ended. Everything after is quite weak.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2024 11:16 PM

[quote] Series 4 was good.

The hell it was! It was god-awful. When you start doing episodes where other people are playing you and rehashing lines, it’s time to call it a day. Ab Fab ended with “The Last Shout”. Everything else after the 90s was a big steaming turd.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2024 12:07 AM

The episode with Saffy's play was funny.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2024 12:32 AM

I can’t believe AbFab was only six years before Sex and the City. It seems of a totally different era.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2024 12:49 AM

AbFab was so much a part of gay men's lives in the 90s and 00s.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2024 12:50 AM

R6: It was a play that showcases how Saffy sees herself versus how everyone else does view her situation as a comedy. Series 4 was the last good series.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2024 1:01 AM

I was thought Patsy looked so formal and professionally well-dressed - it really was a counter balance to how unpredictable and messy she was.

So did they buy the clothes from Harvey Nichols and such or were they on loan?

The wardrobe woman was a bit much - Patsy had traditional stuff custom-made, so all she had to do was buy outrageous shit for Edina and Bubble, and mousey stuff for the daughter.

And she had the nerve to say her mom inspired the characters? She didn't even work on the show during the first series!

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 1:15 AM

R11, it's mentioned in the article: Dolce & Gabbana and Gaultier gave them whatever they wanted, after the show was established, but they either bought the rest of it at, yes, Harvey Nicks (or Selfridges, which most Americans admittedly don't know about). Most of Patsy's wardrobe was bespoke.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 6:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!