Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hurricane Milton Survivor Lt. Dan’s Internet Fame Torpedoed After Dropping N-Word

Internet admiration left just as easily as it came for Hurricane Milton survivor-turned viral sensation Lt. Dan after he dropped the N-word during a livestream.

Real name Joseph Malinowski, the 54-year-old Tampa, Florida, resident became an overnight celebrity after he had to have his 20-foot boat pulled back to shore by a kind citizen.

When Malinowski, a disabled veteran with one leg, said that he planned to ride out the storm in his boat with his worldly possessions a star was born, and social media users worried about his health and safety as the superstorm made landfall Oct. 10.

Fourteen deaths were recorded in the aftermath of the storm. However, Malinowski survived seemingly unscathed after taking shelter nearby. But in a video he posted Friday giving fans an update on his condition, things went awry.

Talking to the Kick social media platform, Malinowski claimed that he may have been tricked out of receiving money donated to him because of another TikTok user.

“If you want to get back into my good graces, you have to take time,” he said, adding, “’Cause once I cut you off, you’re done [N-word]. I’m sorry.”

Reactions to the clip ranged from disgust to disbelief.

“Lt dan only just got signed to kick and already dropped the N-word on stream🤣,” wrote one social media commentator.

Another added, “This generation of mine and Gen Z elevates the worst people, constantly. It’s deplorable. This loser Lt Dan just said the N word streaming. He’s a snake w/ other snakes in the grass. Hope he is ignored into oblivion.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2024 11:04 PM

He’s garbage.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2024 8:56 AM

They should have left him in the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2024 8:59 AM

People looked at that guy and didn't think he'd be casually racist?

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2024 9:04 AM

I'm glad they didn't hide it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2024 9:47 AM

Are all Floridians disgusting ignorant examples of humanity?

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2024 11:45 AM

He’s a cripple!

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2024 12:10 PM

Who is he ?

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2024 12:22 PM

He seems kindof dumb---riding out the storm on his boat, in the water.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2024 12:25 PM

Milkshake duck, right on schedule.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2024 12:34 PM

Right this man is 54 yrs old. That’s why whenever we black people side eye some new redneck sensation the powers that be have decided to make a thing, this is why. These people have a history of being complete trash when the cameras aren’t rolling. Except now we are in the social media age and the cameras are always rolling.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2024 12:39 PM

As if you couldn’t tell he was a dirtbag from looking at him? Was there anything about this guy that screamed out class or dignity?

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 12:40 PM

I hope he dies.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 12:40 PM

Oh wow a textbook 🥛 🍨 🦆

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2024 12:50 PM

Don’t filth my look!

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2024 1:13 PM

He used the n word just like Blacks do. Not as an insult. Not in anger.

The idea that white people aren’t “allowed” to use the word on pain of total cancellation is just childish.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2024 1:19 PM

r11, r10, right. floridian living on a boat who wouldn't get out of the storm? yeah, he screams ignorant pig-fucker even without opening his mouth.

there is a reason "florida man" is a meme

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2024 1:25 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2024 1:38 PM

He’s clearly a crackhead or cokehead.

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2024 1:50 PM

R15 EXACTLY!

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2024 2:04 PM

Completely emblematic of Tampa.

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2024 2:12 PM

R15 There are white people who say the word all of the time either in racist context or black lingo content.

Nothing ever stops white people.

Stop victimizing them.

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2024 2:17 PM

Can we just turn off the internet already? Especially TikTok and Twitter. People are so fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2024 2:18 PM

R15 I’m wondering how childish you would think had he said faggot in the same context. Because the same outcome would have happened.

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2024 2:25 PM

He's basically living in a van down IN the river! Of course he's gonna ride it out. His poor choices in life left him to live in little boat in the sea. EDUCATE YOURSELVES, YOUNG PEOPLE!

by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2024 2:45 PM

[quote] R15] I’m wondering how childish you would think had he said faggot in the same context. Because the same outcome would have happened.

Nobody uses “faggot” today as a synonym for “bro” or “man.” The n word is all over popular culture and is used regularly by Black people. If a white person lives on the streets and has spent time in prison it is likely that he heard the word all the time in this context. So cut him some slack. I’m not advocating for white people in general to appropriate the word or to use it as Black people do, but this kind of ironclad “gotcha!” crap that suggests this guy us a racist for using the word is CHILDISH.

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2024 2:54 PM

R17 John Hawkes should play him in the tv movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2024 2:55 PM

R15 just because SOME black folks use the word doesn’t give white folks the right to use it. The black people who use the word are also wrong. So stop it.

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2024 3:06 PM

[quote] He used the n word just like Blacks do. Not as an insult. Not in anger. The idea that white people aren’t “allowed” to use the word on pain of total cancellation is just childish.

WOW - you just love pushing Sunny Hostin's buttons, don'tcha ? You just like to fire her up, huh ?

by Anonymousreply 28October 14, 2024 11:06 PM

White folks crying oppression because we disapprove of them using the N word 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 29October 14, 2024 11:11 PM

R27 whatever, it’s beyond that argument to me. This man is 54 years old which mean he was born in the 60s. He did not grow up using that word in public or amongst friends. These lil gen Zers grew up with hip hop and use that word like young black people do with each other and their basic ass black friends don’t correct them. He only used that word disparagingly, is my point. Hell, even if he was born in 1970. This mafucker is from North Florida. Fuck he think he playing with, using the N word casually like that. Get your snaggled tooth ass on, you big dummy. He coulda parlayed his 15 mins to Z list celebrity status.

by Anonymousreply 30October 14, 2024 11:16 PM

If Dump wins, Lt. Dan will be the next Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2024 11:19 PM

Lt. Dan has no legs!

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2024 11:22 PM

Momma has a wide range of Lt. Dan mugshots to choose from for inclusion among her all-time favorite bad boys on her boudoir's My Mussy's Most Wanted Wall of Fame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2024 11:38 PM

[quote]This man is 54 years old which mean he was born in the 60s.

In the 60s ? Maybe very late 1969, most likely 1970. We're talking mid-October, with only 10 weeks left in the year.

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2024 11:39 PM

R34 I know. As I was ranting on I realized early 50s means 70s born nowadays. My god, the passage of time.

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2024 11:44 PM

[quote] This man is 54 years old which mean he was born in the 60s.

I can’t mafuckin’ count, beeeyotch!

I beez blatino! 🌮

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2024 11:50 PM

So the wild-eyed amputee who lives on a boat and hates/fears the police and the government has turned out to be a tad shady?

You just can't believe in anyone anymore.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2024 12:11 AM

Is this the guy Lana Del Rey married?

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2024 12:17 AM

Hahaha! Funny gag post, R15!

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2024 12:23 AM

R37 In Florida, no less ! I mean, what is this world coming to ? In Florida, for Pete's sake ? Who'd have thunk it ?

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2024 12:48 AM

SDF.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2024 1:47 AM

Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2024 2:03 AM

R25 Men call each other fags all the time. It’s in the same context as dick, douche, or asshole. It can be a non-hostile insult in social interactions with friends, which is exactly how the N word started in the black community.

There’s gays who throw around the word fag all the time too, it’s right here on the board whether it’s an insult to offend or a non-hostile insult, it gets thrown around.

So it’s super hypocritical you think it’s different.

And to add on even more, he said it the same exact way all white guys who say it do. The idea that he’s just in this black circle and the lingo wore off on him is false. This is a white guy who uses it with his redneck friends the same way the frat white guys do. And again, it’s about mockery.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2024 5:14 AM

R30 His point was he could have picked it up in prison cause you know, that’s where it’s okay for white people to use the word in a circle with black men. That makes sense.

It’s probably because he’s white trash. All poor people think they can use that word for some reason. Asians and Hispanics do the same shit too.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2024 5:20 AM

Lt. Dan says 'n' word — and how it's bad for Kamala

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2024 5:27 AM

R43 you are kinda right. But there is a slight distinction. The way we reclaimed the N word in the black community, nigga simply functions as a general noun for boy or male. Like “come to the store with me, my nigga” or “my girl was at a party and mad niggas tried to talk to her.” You have older aunties, and I don’t mean old old, just regular middle age, who might say something like “I got on the subway, and this nigga sat next to me who stunk.” The guy she is referring to could be an Asian chiropractor. It’s not race specific though we don’t expect anyone non black to use it. I am getting older but I don’t think gen Zers are walking around calling each other fags, like one might use the word homie or buddy. Fag is still an insult though today is not restricted to sexuality. But make no mistake about it, no self respecting man, gay or straight, is going to let another man call him a fag to his face without processing it as a diss. I also realize some really eccentric, artsy type gays are trying to make fag a thing like nigga.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2024 5:31 AM

Why is DL paying attention to this guy? He isn’t cute or hot in any way. He is ugly inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2024 11:56 AM

What were the arrests for?

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2024 12:26 PM

[quote]His point was he could have picked it up in prison cause you know, that’s where it’s okay for white people to use the word in a circle with black men.

I heard he picked it up when he attended church with Sunny Hostin and her family last Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2024 11:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!