Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Attack of The Name Game by Stacy Lattisaw

I didn’t know this was the sample Mariah Carey used for Heartbreaker until recently. What a stupid song, who was it made for toddlers and kindergarteners?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 11:56 PM

The OP is Johnny Gill. And Stacey Lattisaw was only bout 13 or 14 when she made this record if I’m not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2024 6:41 PM

Teacunt infests another thread.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2024 6:42 PM

Yeah - Stacey Lattisaw was a young teenager when she started out. Remember, they also had New Edition around the same time - it was bubble-gum R&B for teens.

How are you offended by this OP?

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2024 6:46 PM

Get used to it, r2. Defacto has no life or social interaction outside the DL, and he’s desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2024 6:49 PM

"Dynamite" was her hit. I remember her singing on Wonderama and Soul Train.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2024 6:53 PM

I’m blatino, mafuckers! La Isla Bonita, beeeyotch! 🌮 🌯 🫏

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2024 7:06 PM

^I got a halo round my finger AROUND YOU. 🎼

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2024 7:42 PM

Christ R3 no ones “offended” it’s just pointing out it’s a stupid song. R4 sounds like a loon.

No one really knew what to do with her, she was too young for a lot of songs and Narada Michael Walden couldn’t work his magic for her the way he did for Aretha and Whitney in the mid 80s. Also she was a cute kid that became a not so cute adult.

Her and James Ingram recorded “i don’t have the heart” around the same time and both released in 1990. His became a surprise smash in the fall of 1990 hitting number one on the hot 100.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2024 8:14 PM

R8 not so cute adult 😂 you are a funny. Stacey was a true redbone thiccems. But not shapely like Bey, more round.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2024 8:30 PM

The Stacey Lattisaw song that always holds up is "Let Me Be Your Angel."

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2024 10:41 PM

[quote]Her and James Ingram recorded “i don’t have the heart”

Say "Oh, Dear," somebody.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 11:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!