Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Desperate Academy wants Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman to host

And that’s the year I stop watching

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2024 4:11 AM

Voting for Eugene and Dan Levy!

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2024 7:47 PM

Yeah, no way am I watching Reynolds host anything. And you know he wants it too, now that he's busy cleaning up Blake's mess.

r1 I know DL can't stand Dan, but those two did a terrific job. That ceremony was so pleasant and wholesome, I saw it only last week. However, I don't think you can milk the father-son schtick over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2024 7:53 PM

Hugh should just do it alone so she can sing all her show tunes in front of a live audience.

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2024 8:00 PM

The Levys are TV stars, and while I know latenight TV comedians have hosted successfully, I’m agi’n it.

Reynolds and Jackman co-starred in one of the biggest hits of the year and both are comsidered movie stars (or what passes for them these days). Of course they were asked, and if some of you think that’s reason enough to tune out, millions of others will tune in in your place.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2024 8:10 PM

They’re lovers.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2024 9:09 PM

Only if they have sleazy butt sex on stage.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2024 9:12 PM

Presenting the oscars shouldn’t be that coveted: either you offend someone or the jokes feel flat, most times the comments say it was disappointing and you can even get slapped live before millions of people.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2024 9:18 PM

Blake Lively should present, she’s the breakfast star of the year!

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2024 9:21 PM

Considering the pure garbage Hollywood continues to churn out this year, the Oscar ceremony could be hosted by two robots and no one would know the difference (or care).

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2024 9:25 PM

2 bottoms do not 1 top make.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2024 9:34 PM

2 white "straight presenting" penised people?? UNACCEPTABLE!

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2024 9:37 PM

I think Hugh Jackman is one of the most overrated performers in the business today. If he weren't 6' 3" he'd never stand out.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2024 9:52 PM

I like Hugh quite a bit. Reynolds is meh.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2024 9:53 PM

WE WERE ASKED, BUT WE DECLINED!

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2024 9:54 PM

Are you OK?

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2024 9:56 PM

[quote] Blake Lively should present, she’s the breakfast star of the year

I don’t think people can stomach that especially that early in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2024 11:46 PM

Not these two F***!

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2024 12:03 AM

TBH I haven't watched in ten or so years and I'm in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2024 12:23 AM

I'm just glad they've got two gay guys I can relate to.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2024 4:02 AM

The entire show died the night Will Smith stormed the stage and assaulted the host. And not only did they not throw him out, they gave him an Oscar later that same night.

So this is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2024 4:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!