Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TV Shows that resemble your current life or your childhood or young adulthood.

The Neighborhood currently resembles my life.

My next door neighbor is like Dave Johnson. A happy go lucky, extroverted guy constantly knocking on my door inviting me to do something with him. I'm like Calvin Butler but I'm not married. I am however slightly curmudgeonly and often peek out the window first to make sure neighbor isn't outside before I go out to car or mailbox. But I do like him and think he's a good guy, just bit overly exuberant about everything.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 3:24 AM

Childhood - Roc

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2024 12:14 AM

My childhood was Everybody Loves Raymond with a sprinkling of The Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 12:32 AM

R2 haha mines too for real for real, just substitute Raymond with the Cowboy Show. I originally started to say my childhood was The Cosby Show meets The Wire.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2024 12:33 AM

I wish I had a neighbor who looks like Max Greenfield. He could knock on my door anytime.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2024 12:59 AM

Childhood is tough - adulthood, at my other career, definitely “Night Court.” Pure insanity. My new job would just be a test pattern, it’s so boring.

Maybe my childhood would be best portrayed by the “Mama’s Family” gang, since I spent a lot of time with my small town southern grandma. Before I came along, it would have been the hardcore Carol Burnett show version. When I was growing up, most of the agitators had died off, so it was more like the syndicated version.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2024 1:12 AM

r4, He doesn't look like Max Greenfield, he just acts like his character Dave and our situation resembles The Neighborhood. He does in fact look exactly like Hugh Bonneville aka Lord Grantham of Downton Abbey. It's confusing as one expects for him to open his mouth and for him to sound posh and sophisticated but instead he's goofy and funny and behaves like a floppy golden retriever puppy. His wife is a bubbly blonde but she looks like Joyce Bulifant from Match Game.

I don't look like Cedric the Entertainer. I'm Italian not Black and not overweight, lol, but I do get somewhat annoyed by him constantly seeking me out.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 1:14 AM

[italic] Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story [/italic], although without the murder and sexual assault. But the rageaholic behavior of Jose Menendez is just like my father. But the neighborhood and the house...I was a fucking spoiled brat.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2024 1:40 AM

Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2024 1:54 AM

“All in the family” with a father like Archie but without the humor or the heart.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2024 2:14 AM

Peaky Blinders

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2024 2:17 AM

Malcolm in the Middle captured my lower middle class West Coast suburban lifestyle. I also had three siblings and a scary mother.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 3:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!