Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bath and Body Works yanks their seasonal KKKlandles off their website

Whoops ! Heads will roll in the art department...

Bath and Body Works is pulling their new holiday candle off their website, just days after the candle's big launch on their social media for the shopping season. The new seasonal candle, 'Snowed In', were pulled because the artwork on the labels are being mistaken for KKK members and not a close-up of a cut-out paper snowflake, as intended. The outer edges of the snowflake are white and cone shaped, with two holes cut out near the center.

The backlash from customers was rather quick and spread across their social media. Once this was brought to the company's attention, the candles disappeared from the website with an apology.

“I have never seen a snowflake that looks like that,” one Instagram user commented.

“This wasn’t an accident,” said another.

“We apologize to anyone we’ve offended and are swiftly working to have this item removed and are evaluating our process going forward,” the Bath and Body Works spokesperson said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2024 2:25 AM

Since OP forced us to go to a stupid article. Candle's photo is below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2024 12:45 AM

R1 No one forced you - you made the choice on your own. Life is about choices, you dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 12:46 AM

This sounds like the plot of a South Park episode.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2024 12:47 AM

looks like close encounters with the KKK

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2024 12:47 AM

Actually, the stupid purchasing team is in a fuckton of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2024 12:48 AM

It really does look as though the artist is a white supremacist who thought he was being oh so clever. B&BW has a large black customer base; das ist nicht gut, as their spiritual forebears might have put it.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 12:49 AM

I thought this was a very funny gaffe, appropriately handled and corrected

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2024 12:53 AM

“We apologize to anyone we’ve offended and are swiftly working to have this item removed and are evaluating our process going forward,” the spokesperson said.

Typical non-apology coming from underpaid corporate interns.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2024 12:55 AM

R5 The purchasing team isn't involved in the packaging - that's their in-house art department, or whatever art department they contract out to do the work. The purchasing team just buys the scented candle.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2024 12:55 AM

Can’t believe this was approved. All I see is KKK, not snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2024 12:57 AM

I bet this bitch is calling every Bath and Body Works in the Upper Midwest looking for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 12:59 AM

[quote]B&BW has a large black customer base

Where do you have the facts on this - or are you just guessing ?

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2024 1:00 AM

Not my thing but this brand makes a fortune selling those candles, across ethnic groups

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2024 1:01 AM

The people complaining about this are such snowflakes!

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2024 1:07 AM

It looksmore like a dance line doing the Vatican Rag🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2024 1:07 AM

[quote] Where do you have the facts on this - or are you just guessing ?

Have you ever walked past one? Take a look next time you do.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2024 1:32 AM

Black people are very meticulous about personal hygiene and value smelling good. So yes, many do shop at B&BW.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2024 1:51 AM

R16 The locations in my area are in very white suburban outdoor shopping centers - not exactly attracting minorities. So no, I don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2024 1:54 AM

You all know this will make this coming 'Weekend Update' on SNL, and Jost will tell the joke while Che will laugh at him for having to tell it.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2024 1:58 AM

Whether black people shop there or not, it's not like white or Asian people want a kkklandle, either.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2024 2:00 AM

Good point R20

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2024 2:02 AM

This is an untapped market. There are fine people on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2024 2:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!