Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends, a New Jersey Victorian Gem in the NYC area

It is in my childhood hometown and I used to pass it often…mostly thinking it was “The Munster’s’” NJ retreat.

The Realtor’s virtual staging is lazy and unnecessary, but it’s otherwise well-presented.

There are no pics of the kitchen, which makes me think the “as-is” clause either indicates an unfinished remodel or a room requiring a lot of work.

I can easily envision a middle-aged gay Brooklyn couple rushing in to do this joint justice.

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 5:56 AM

I saw several kitchen pics, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2024 3:02 AM

It’s cute.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 3:04 AM

Don’t hate it, but the stairs will go from annoying in your 30’s and 40’s to death trap starting in your 50’s.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2024 3:06 AM

Well, I'm neither tasteful nor a friend(but I want to be). Overall, the house is lovely. Light oak throughout above ground floors. Quite charming, oversized lot and walk up attic room . Negatives being the conflicting kitchen choices, no fencing. Graffiti art and white paint doesn't conceal the Terrifier vibe in the basement. $1,000,000 for radiators(not even covered ones).

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2024 3:08 AM

I like it (mostly)

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2024 3:09 AM

I like it, too. I’d have a lot of painting to do but that’s okay.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 3:57 AM

The rooms are small and the IKEA Pax closets do not belong here.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2024 4:08 AM

Where's the basement floor drain. Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2024 4:12 AM

Yes, the Ikea furniture stood out to me as well, r7

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2024 4:16 AM

It's on a corner with no landscaping, which I don't like.

It does have 2 covered parking spots, detached from the house.

The bedrooms look tiny, like you can barely fit a full-sized bed.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2024 4:50 AM

There are a ton of these in every city, in varying degrees of decay. What’s the big deal?

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 5:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!