Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Where have all the trannies gone?

Has anyone else noticed this? From approximately 2016 to 2023, it seemed as though the entire world revolved around trans people. The news media wouldn’t stop talking about them, everything was deemed “transphobic,” everyone and their mother was accused of transphobia, and the mainstream media would have a meltdown every time Dave Chappelle had a new special on Netflix. Even the Biden administration got on board with nonbinary passports and protecting “trans kids.“

And then 2024 rolled around and it all seemed to stop. No one is talking about trans people anymore. Pride month this year was almost nonexistent, and the Harris campaign is only mentioning gay people but not trans or nonbinary. I’m not sure if it’s just because the general public got tired of it, or if the Harris campaign is encouraging the news media to lay off the trans stuff so they don’t lose the election.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2024 11:41 PM

They still are running havoc. I think there is more push back on castrating children and the like. But they are still going strong.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2024 4:29 AM

🎵Gone to graveyards every one... 🎵

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 4:29 AM

Long time passing...

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2024 4:31 AM

OP complains about how the world revolves around trans people while obsessing over trans people

Why are conservatives so obsessed with trans people? Mind your own damn business!

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2024 4:32 AM

I thought they were forcibly transing kids, immigrants, and prisoners, dominating libraries and schools, and destroying every gay right we've fought for. If that's over now, what a relief!

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2024 4:34 AM

R4 I’m not conservative. I am however grateful that Kamala is laying off the LGBT crap. She finally seems to understand that it’s not a winning strategy and that she needs to do everything within her power to beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 4:36 AM

Laying low until after the election? There was a prominent one making videos around the White House after Biden was inaugurated, and there are a few videos of Harris welcoming them to the White House. But the Bud Light fiasco shows that many Americans don't like discussing the matter overall.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2024 4:37 AM

Troll OP

Troll thread

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2024 4:37 AM

OP, there's been some progress in preventing bio men from competing in women's sports, so that helps to keep trans out of the news, although the problem at the Olympics with the boxers certainly brought the issue back up.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2024 4:40 AM

It’s definitely still raging in the UK, what with the crickets released at the LGB Alliance conference.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2024 4:43 AM

A lot of women are still angry at Biden for his Title IX rule. Not a good topic to focus on during the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 4:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2024 5:06 AM

How much attention can 1% of the population get? And I may be generous here. Also it’s not a winning issue in an election year. I think media interest has peaked. Even the non binary thing has gotten dull. Unless some famous celeb announces their transition, it’s kind of cooled.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2024 5:06 AM

[quote] Where have all the trannies gone?

Paula Cole's comeback single.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2024 5:07 AM

The subject will probably regain traction after the election.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2024 5:14 AM

One too many suitcases stolen!

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2024 5:16 AM

Troll thread.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2024 5:16 AM

[quote]r13 = How much attention can 1% of the population get?

The only attention they get on DL is by anti-trans trolls. They're the only ones that start these threads.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2024 5:18 AM

OP are you the person who keeps making these threads questioning why the democrats have dropped gay/trans rights, according to your observations? If so you are getting really desperate lol.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2024 5:36 AM

R4 I think the OP is a troll to be honest. Yeah that’s him.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2024 5:36 AM

[quote]They still are running havoc.

And here I thought they were wreaking amuck!

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2024 5:47 AM

Mamala always says the freedom to love who you love with PRIDE. Which is all we gays ever wanted. After the election I plan to get back in the mix and kick all the chicks with dicks out of my gay community organizations. You should too. They are no different than maga trash infiltration our world. Bring logic and sanity back and protect children

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2024 6:32 AM

It probably also has do to with the fact that many gay men are clean looking and attractive, or at the very least cutesy, and usually look non-threatening. On the other hand, many trans women are freakish and creepy looking, the stuff of nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2024 1:58 PM

Everytime this thread pops up in my feed I can’t help but to sing the title in the melody of that song.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2024 6:21 PM

R24

🎶 I will do your implants

If you chop off your dick

Where is my Lia Thomas

Where is my Laverne Cox

Where is my Caitlyn Jenner

Where have all the trannies gone🎵

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2024 7:23 PM

R25 😂. You are hella funny. That’s hella clever.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2024 7:25 PM

[quote] OP are you the person who keeps making these threads questioning why the democrats have dropped gay/trans rights, according to your observations? If so you are getting really desperate lol.—Prince-Akeem

Listen to Teacunt. If anyone knows about being desperate, it's him.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2024 7:28 PM

Show respect for Caitlyn Jenner. She’s MAGA & pro-Putin like you trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2024 8:17 PM

Funny - I was just mentioning this to my friend the other day. There does seem to be fewer headlines.

Hope it stays that way.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2024 8:29 PM

Suzanne!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2024 9:02 PM

[quote] There does seem to be fewer headlines. Hope it stays that way.

When trannies don’t engage in antics that require the press and others to report on it, they’re not in the headlines. It’s completely up to them, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2024 9:07 PM

For many of them it was just a fad and I think the fad is wearing off. I've always said you can't call yourself trans if you've had no surgery to alter your sex organs. And I believe the vast majority of those who've been calling themselves trans are actually just transvestites aka drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2024 9:10 PM

R32 - I said years ago that when tattoos and body modification is normalized, where do you go to 'rebel'?

I do think there was an element of 'fad' with the massive rise. But there are now so many trans-identified people, it also lost a bit of it being special / new.

Now it feels like it's more of "I'm trans - I just want to get on with my life" - and less of the screeching and finger-wagging at everyone.

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2024 10:59 PM

R33 trans is all about screeching, policing other people, gaining access to spaces they are not wanted and lopping off their tits.

Attention seeking and power is the reason that transgenders exist.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2024 11:36 PM

R34 Wow that’s a vast generalization and I personally believe 25% of trans are self loathing gay men. Why are so many trans MTF. Why are so many trans “women” of color? Something ain’t right.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2024 11:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!