Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jimmy Carter Achieves His Goal, Lives Long Enough to Vote for Kamala Harris

Good for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2024 3:23 PM

Wonderful. I wonder who the first president he ever voted was.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2024 2:56 PM

*voted for

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 2:56 PM

Millard Filmore

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2024 3:00 PM

Now I just pray he lives long enough to see her win.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2024 3:06 PM

Is he going to live long enough to see her lose?

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2024 3:07 PM

[quote] I wonder who the first president he ever voted was.

Since the minimum voting age was then 21, it was likely Harry Truman, in 1948.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 3:11 PM

Beyond Jason's word, I'd like to see some independent evidence of this.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2024 3:13 PM

Even Carter probably voted for Reagan. That's how bad of a president Jimmy was. Stop trying to rewrite his history as some kind of great leader.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2024 3:16 PM

MAGAts should love the fact that Jimmy Carter kept us out of war.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2024 3:18 PM

He has to stay alive long enough for his vote to count.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2024 3:19 PM

He was a mediocre president during a difficult period, not a horrible one. It’s absurd to demonize or glorify his presidency.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2024 3:20 PM

And because someone thought I was trolling last time I mentioned what I did at R10, there are laws in some states preventing a ballot from being counted if the voter died after mailing it in.

Georgia isn't on either list here, though, so not sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2024 3:22 PM

R11 He's arguably the most consequential former president in U.S. history. His career following his presidency was stellar. He walked the talk and devoted his years to public service.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2024 3:22 PM

Right, so it's unclear whether Georgia could invalidate his vote ... if he really did submit a ballot.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2024 3:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!