Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bargain Block

What do we think of these two gays? I just discovered this show despite it having more than a few seasons and they some major design misses IMO.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 10:56 PM

I think the ginger guy spends too much time on the decorative elements he creates. They look cool, but are sometimes of a very specific taste, these are things he should actually sell as a side business because he is really creative. I think they do a great job on the houses, and I just seen a commercial for the new seasion where they're going from Detroit to New Orleans. Might be a good fit for them.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2024 9:54 PM

I think they're great. The dark haired guy is so charming, cute and humble. I watched the first New Orleans episode last night. It's great to see the city but it's a completely different beast than what they had going on in Detroit. More $$$$, less profit. It's a typical house flipping show now vs. what it was while in Detroit.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 10:18 PM

The ginger one looks like a demented leprechaun.🍀

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2024 10:24 PM

I love them as a couple - both are very cute. I agree with R1 - sometimes the 'theme' of each house is so specific. Do they sell the houses furnished? Because it just seems like a LOT of additional unnecessary work.

I get that he's very artistic, but when you look at all the time and effort involved for a theme that some people may not love, it sort of shoots yourself in the foot, doesn't it?

I love this show because they're not doing it for MASSIVE income flips - they're doing it to help bring back neighborhoods in blight. It's a social service - and they're starter homes, so they're really affordable.

I'd rather watch this than all the other flips where these couples make HUGE amounts on flipping - and it's the most generic shit you've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2024 10:26 PM

It's a fabulous show. Quirks and errors aside, it's sweet and entertaining. I like both the guys and Shea, too. It's a feel good show.

We binged watched all the episodes when we first found it, now trying to catch up with new episodes. Saw a teaser for New Orleans. Looking forward to that.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2024 10:46 PM

I like it. The design too is intended to incorporate sustainable or recyclable materials. I think they come from a certain store that sells used furniture? And the store is affiliated with them? I dunno. I could be making stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2024 10:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!