Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shirley Temple 7Up. Keep or sell?

I went to Target yesterday to get some bottled water and Diet Orange Crush (yeah, I know, I'm trash.)

As I was putting two boxes in my cart, the soda stocking guy was beside me loading up six boxes of Shirley Temple 7Up, three diet, three regular.

He looked at me and said, "If you're interested in these, you better just grab them now. This is my third delivery, and people are snapping them up right away. They might wind up being worth something."

Again, as I am trash, I bought the three diets. A woman who was also standing there got the three regulars.

Trust me, I felt like an idiot, but whatever. I drank one when I got home. It's fine. Like a Cherry 7Up with a little extra sweetness, maybe. Nothing to be amazed about.

This morning, I get to work and people are talking about how this stuff is selling out fast and it's already on eBay for $35 for ten cans.

I paid $6.

One box open. Two sitting in my pantry.

Should I sell now or see what happens after Christmas when they plan on stopping production?

Maybe I'll retire on my windfall!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 7:27 PM

Two words. "Beanie Babies".

I wish you luck with your endeavor.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2024 7:24 PM

sell now. in a few weeks they will be all over ebay

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2024 7:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!