Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Megan Marschack, Nelson Rockefeller's companion at the time of his sudden death, is dead to me!

" 'Emergency!,' starring Megan Marschack, will not be seen tonight, so NBC may bring you the following special presentation..."

--Don Pardo, announcing the start of NBC's "SNL" the Saturday after Rocky died in 1979

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2024 2:45 AM

Err, am I supposed to care?

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2024 1:14 AM

She had a great ass at the time but couldn’t live forever.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2024 1:15 AM

[quote] Err, am I supposed to care?

Who cares if you care?

Who cares if you live or die?

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2024 1:18 AM

She was the Monica Lewinsky of her day.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2024 1:21 AM

Upon his death New York magazine quipped, “Nelson thought he was coming, but he was going”.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2024 1:24 AM

Susan Dey was Team Happy.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2024 1:47 AM

Happy team

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2024 1:50 AM

BUMP for Della

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2024 2:23 AM

A blast from the past.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2024 2:26 AM

From the other thread:

[quote] Well, she was a big support for Nelson as he slipped off his elbows, dead.

What does "as he slipped off his elbows" mean?

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2024 2:33 AM

Gosh, remember when SNL had great writers? That was funny.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2024 2:34 AM

Thank you again, r8.

One of the last of the Keep Your Yap Shut Era.

According to the NY Times obit, she refused a lot of money that she would have been paid to spill the details of that last night.

Apparently, shortly after Rockefeller died, his family requested she sign a non-disclosure document. It didn't say whether money was exchanged then.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2024 2:36 AM

Wow, that was a story I never heard before and I never heard of this woman until just now. I was only 10 when this happened, but I was around the same age when Jonestown happened, and the hostages of Iran, and even Lee Marvin's palimony suit, so I was pretty plugged in. (I had a mom and grandmother who read all the tabloids.)

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2024 2:36 AM

I wonder if she ever knew Fanne Foxe.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2024 2:53 AM

Renee Zellweger looks like Marshack.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2024 2:56 AM

I followed the story quite attentively, but I never saw the photo of the attempt to resuscitate Rocky.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2024 2:56 AM

Was she the woman who explored forbidden Egyptian tombs with Trisha Nixon?

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2024 3:01 AM

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. Between two marital partners, they set the terms of what the rules will be their marriage.

But back then, within that wealthy milieu, didn't wives take it as a matter of course that their husbands would most likely keep a mistress?

Or maybe I've read too much Judith Krantz.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2024 3:06 AM

That’s Tricia, R17.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2024 3:06 AM

Happy was not happy about Megan.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2024 3:28 AM

Happy was Happy just being Mrs. Nelson Rockefeller. And having once been Rocky’s mistress herself, she had to know what she was getting herself into went she married him.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2024 3:38 AM

What did she die from?

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2024 3:42 AM

*when she married him

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2024 3:42 AM

[quote]What did she die from?

[quote]*when she married him

Perfect timing...

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2024 3:46 AM

Per the obit, R22, liver & kidney failure.

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2024 3:49 AM

Completely forgot about her, kinda rad she stayed quiet.

Hopefully she at least left copious notes.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2024 4:43 AM

[quote]maybe I've read too much Judith Krantz.

No such thing.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2024 4:46 AM

[quote] Hopefully she at least left copious notes.

Silly.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2024 4:50 AM

Della sez: "Apparently, shortly after Rockefeller died, his family requested she sign a non-disclosure document. It didn't say whether money was exchanged then."

First he fell on her, then a house did. Presumably for services rendered pre- and post-mortem. Her neighbor Ponchetta Pierce called the ambulance an hour after Rocky died - it took a while to dress a dead 200 lb 70 year old man. As I recall his shoes were on the wrong feet when the EMT's arrived. She had a lot to be quiet about.

She got a NYC townhouse in Rockefeller's will.

by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2024 1:35 AM

What did the EMT possess?

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2024 1:49 AM

The obit, linked in Della's thread, is a trip. Obviously self-penned, and she doesn't shy away from her claim to fame one little bit.

[quote]Megan Ruth Marshack, associated around the world with the death of former Vice-President Nelson Rockefeller, died October 2, 2024 of liver and kidney failure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2024 2:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!