Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite First Lady Impression on SNL?

Who was your favorite First Lady impression on SNL?

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2024 4:30 PM

Phil as Barbara better win by a landslide followed by Jan as Nancy or Amy as Hillary

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2024 3:24 AM

It's weird that they never had a skit where anyone played Pickles.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2024 3:26 AM

You forgot both Jane Curtin and Madeline Kahn as Pat Nixon, OP,.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2024 3:27 AM

R3 I was thinking more recurring, but yes, Jane and Madeline are excellent as Pat

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2024 3:30 AM

You forgot Terry Sweeney as Nancy Reagan. There was nothing funnier than her being pulled around by Lucky. Jan Hooks as Hillary is second

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2024 3:32 AM

I will never forget when they had Chris Farley doing Barbara Bush. They were making fun of President Bush Sr. throwing up at that special dinner in Japan with the Japanese emperor. They had Chris as Barbara Bush jumping up on the table like Jackie Kennedy jumped on the back of that car when President Kennedy got shot. It was hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2024 3:32 AM

R6 No, that was Phil Hartman!

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2024 3:37 AM

Barbara Bush (Phil Hartman) and Kitty Dukakis ( Jan Hooks) on The Pat Stevens Show. With Nora Dunn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2024 3:42 AM

They've never had anyone do Jill Biden either, have they?

She would be incredibly hard to imitate. I can't even think of what her voice sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2024 4:09 AM

I second Terry Sweeney doing Nancy Reagan. So many people came down on that season (and it was definitely hit or miss) but between Terry Sweeney and Danitra Vance, there was also a ton of classic stuff.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2024 4:12 AM

I only remember one skit with Sweeney as Nancy

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2024 4:16 AM

No, there were several, starting with the very first episode of the season where she and Ron Reagan are visited by Prince Charles and Princess Diana (played by Madonna) and it becomes very Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. There was also the parody of Back to the Future when Ron Reagan Jr hosted. And there was an episode where John Lithgow hosted and Nancy is falling asleep listening to Ron and a staff member talk and she has a fantasy about doing a Vegas act and sings a medley. There was also the aforementioned dog skit and others.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2024 4:20 AM

Here's the skit where he plays Nancy dreaming of a Vegas act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2024 4:27 AM

Here's another skit where he plays Nancy trashing Patti Davis' book, Home Front.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2024 4:29 AM

I saw Terry Sweeney's very funny one-man show as Nancy Reagan, hilariously entitled IT'S STILL MY TURN.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2024 4:30 AM

I promise this is the last one. It's the Virginia Woolf skit with Madonna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2024 4:40 AM

[quote] I saw Terry Sweeney's very funny one-man show as Nancy Reagan, hilariously entitled IT'S STILL MY TURN.

That was in Chicago, yes?

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2024 4:41 AM

Cecily Strong was underrated SNL cast member. She is far better than the overrated hack known as Kate McKinnon.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2024 5:45 AM

Did anyone ever at least play Laura Bush once?

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2024 5:59 AM

You know what I just realized watching R16's clip....That's Randy Quaid playing Ronald Reagan!

Just recently, brother Dennis Quaid played Reagan in a feature film.

Both brothers are crazy Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2024 8:53 AM

Thank you for the Terry Sweeney sketches!

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2024 12:29 PM

R19 I think Rachel Dratch did once or twice. To be fair, Laura is a lot harder to mock than say Hillary or George. Plus people actually like Laura.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2024 4:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!