Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TASTEFUL FRIENDS: Almost perfect MCM in “Home Town” town

I love it. Well, almost. That dining room would have to be painted over STAT, and the window treatments would have to go. And if that plaid banquette stays, it would have to be reupholstered.

My friends from Laurel say this little looped street is also the home of Parker Posey’s twin brother, and cute little Josh, Ben’s friend and sometime helper on “Home Town”.

But yes, you’d still be in Mississippi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2024 4:09 AM

It has three living rooms which seems excessive and no way to close off one for an office unless you sacrifice the biggest, most formal one. Kitchen is strangely impersonal. Still I like it. I like that the split levels are not split entry. It’s very appealing in a rambling sort of way.

Scrolling down to the other houses on offer, there’s a very mundane ranch, dated kitchen and bathroom, smaller by 1500 Sq ft and yet priced higher. I wonder if there’s something wrong with this one.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2024 11:37 PM

Ok there is an office on the lower level and it’s being sold at auction so that’s just the STARTING bid. Looks like it’s only had one owner since it was built in the 50s? Kids inheriting from parents?

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2024 11:46 PM

The dining room gave me a panic attack.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2024 12:14 AM

The CGI staging is horrific. The scale is off and we're deep into the uncanny valley.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2024 12:18 AM

It's an auction with a buyer's premium of 12% with bidding that starts at $350,000. It will sell for considerably more.

The dining room's hideous but we could manage there very nicely. If it weren't in Mississippi.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2024 2:04 AM

[quote]But yes, you’d still be in Mississippi.

Not worth clicking.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2024 3:00 AM

Well, first of all, they ruined it with the 21st century makeover, and all that fucking grey and white.

And, as stated, Mississippi is a deal breaker.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2024 3:34 AM

That’s not MCM.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2024 3:35 AM

If you have to live in Mississippi, I'd go for either the Gulf coast (Bay St. Louis) or Hattiesburg. There's not much going on in Laurel, but they do have a really good Mexican restaurant.

I did a couple of projects near there in the last couple of years

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2024 4:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!