Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joe Biden Gives Nancy Pelosi the Cold Shoulder at Ethel Kennedy's Funeral

Joe is so done with Nancy P. He will never forgive her. Love how Barack and Bill kept her away from Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 18, 2024 2:40 AM

He probably thought she was Cher or something. He ain’t working with a full deck no more.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2024 4:26 AM

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2024 4:31 AM

He's not allowed to feel how he feels?

Joe Biden has done everything precisely right in this historic election transition, I won't begrudge him his own take on it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2024 4:46 AM

Oh I see what you mean OP! I mean, when he hit her with the ShitBra! Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2024 4:52 AM

Yeah, Nancy, I was entitled to be president.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2024 4:55 AM

I’m not a big fan of Pelosi, who (along with Schumer) squandered opportunities in 2009-10 to pass substantive legislation while Obama was president and we controlled both houses of Congress. The only thing they got through was the ACA. But she did the country a great service by engineering Biden’s exit this year.

He can hold a grudge, but he wouldn’t have withdrawn with her pressure to do so.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2024 4:56 AM

Who was Bill Clinton talking to (the portly man). Bill looks good! He gained some weight!

Looks like Bill was blocking Nancy from getting in eyesight of Biden.

I thought Nancy was taller. She looked short, next to Bill.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2024 5:07 AM

Biden will be held in high esteem by Democrats for many years to come. Obama was restricted in moving forward forcibly by Rahm Emmanuel. Pelosi forced their hand and we got ACA. NOT full blown 100 Healthcare for all

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2024 5:09 AM

Biden looks like he doesn't understand what planet he just landed on.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2024 5:12 AM

It's not her fault he's diminished so quickly. Her job is to save the country, not coddle him. He has Ron Klein for that.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2024 5:13 AM

R9, take RFK Jr’s wormy dick out of your mouth — you’d be easier to understand.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2024 5:14 AM

Biden is an 81 year old man. A great American that served this country with great distinction.... Donald Chump last night, stopped a town hall and opted to play music, and wave his tiny hands around! For 39 minutes!! Biden is no longer running for office.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2024 5:17 AM

Look closely at the look on Bill's face at the end. He never really turned toward her when she tries to speak to him.

At the end, he shakes his head with a look on his face like "you gotta be kidding me" or "unbelievable" type smirk.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2024 5:49 AM

Joe is in the front row with the former presidents.

Nancy is not. Standard etiquette.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2024 5:52 AM

Obama & Newsom look hot.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2024 5:56 AM

He's 100% pardoning Hunter out of spite, and it's gonna be glorious and hilarious – not to mention a DL holiday – when it happens. Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2024 6:04 AM

Yeah, Bill was totally giving Nancy the cold shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2024 6:12 AM

Nancy also choose Obama over Hillary in 2008. So Bill would have beef as well. Don’t know how she reacted to his impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2024 6:18 AM

My insiders tell me that Nancy wanted an open convention because she didn’t think Kamala could actually win. But there would have been so much backlash from the black Democratic coalition. They decided she would be the nominee and there was such hot momentum after the announcement, everyone got in formation except black men.

Someone on this site said it best. Currently we are at the best possible scenario after Biden wobbled his dementia brain ass out on that debate stage.

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2024 6:25 AM

The Orange one is calling her sick and evil (again) just as her husband seems to be fully recovered from an attempted murder. Biden may have some sore feelings but too bad. I don’t think we should be stirring shit and piling on Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2024 10:21 AM

Good for Joe and Bill. Nancy will just have to deal with it. I'm sure her cold, dead, strategic heart barely noticed.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2024 10:34 AM

[quote]Joe Biden has done everything precisely right in this historic election transition, I won't begrudge him his own take on it.

Certainly true, though it makes me feel kind of sad that Joe feels bitter about - not that he's not entitled to that feeling - but just that a couple of old war horses like Joe & Nancy should be able to recognize the Bigger Picture and know when to exit left. I think history will remember him much more kindly but it's sad that this ended in broken relationships.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2024 10:38 AM

Let's talk about it after we beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2024 10:49 AM

Maybe he was cold

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2024 11:44 AM

I didn’t interpret it the way OP does. If anything, it looked like Obama was completely engaged with Biden, virtually turning his back on Clinton, who had no one to talk to.

I’m not sure Biden amd Obama were even aware at that point that Pelosi had entered their row because they were thoroughly engaged in their conversation.

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2024 11:50 AM

OP forgets that they were at a solemn Catholic funeral for Ethel Kennedy, not a cocktail hour at Kennedy's house. They weren't there to socialize and catch up. They were there to pay their respects to the deceased.

Nothing disrespectful happened between any of them.

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2024 11:58 AM

Biden looks really out-of-it in that clip. It's definitely Parkinson's Disease - saw it with my father.

Not sure Kamala will win, but I'm glad we have a fighting chance with her, rather than being on the edge of our seats every time Biden opens his mouth, or walks.

by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2024 12:43 PM

Biden hss no reason to resent being deprived of his foolish and selfish desire. And he’s not going to be remembered as a great president. He had a largely successful presidency, but absolutely nothing memorable. All Biden will be remembered for ois1) being the oldest president (hopefully) ever and 2) his embarrassing’, last-minute exit from the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2024 12:54 PM

Three presidents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2024 3:22 PM

Obama seemed like he was being kind to Biden and distracting him. JMO.

by Anonymousreply 30October 17, 2024 3:23 PM

I wish he had run, for one time, as he suggested in the beginning. And, I really wish we had a primary and selected a candidate.

Granted, we have what we have, and I will vote for Harris, but this all could have been done better.

by Anonymousreply 31October 17, 2024 3:31 PM

OP- Pelosi and Osama Bin Bama were instrumental in forcing Biden out. He wanted to run for president and they strong armed him to leave so who can blame him for hating them.

by Anonymousreply 32October 17, 2024 3:56 PM

Nancy Pelosi saved us all by pushing Biden out.

He was never going to step down on his own.

by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2024 4:00 PM

The odds of being powerful and beloved by the insiders are low. Nancy chose and has her whole career. I imagine there's a lot of grudging respect for Nancy in the party, her accomplishments are legendary, but her personality probably grates. She's cunning and fairly ruthless, but also smarmy and a smart ass. She gets off on it. It's evident. Who really warms to that? It's politics. Sharp elbows. Maybe Biden can get past it in time, maybe he can't. I can't blame him. It would be a hard thing for anybody to come to terms with, even if it was the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2024 4:01 PM

I think it most likely that Biden and Nancy had already greeted each other outside the chapel.

by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2024 4:09 PM

Just because one recognizes and does the right thing doesn't mean---often doesn't mean---one will like doing so.

I think that might be where Joe is at.

As I've opined before, Obama cut Joe off at the heir-apparent-as-Veep knees in 2016 to promote HRC as "the first woman President." And then when it did become "Biden Time," age and Fate cruelly interrupted his successful run such that, ironically, JOE might become the Queen-Maker instead of Obama.

So no, I don't expect there to be any love lost by President Biden towards Obama, Hillary, or Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2024 4:13 PM

It looks like Joe said something out of place and snarky that made Obama do an omg laugh.

by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2024 4:18 PM

I don't agree that Pelosi squandered anything during the Obama administration. It was almost impossible to get anything done in the face of such insane Republican obstruction. The Dem/Rep makeup of congress doesn't tell the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2024 4:22 PM

I think Pelosi did what needed to be done.

by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2024 4:31 PM

Biden was upset because when the priest said “You are our saving God who leads us in our salvation,” some mourners started chanting “Nancy! Nancy!”

by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2024 4:34 PM

Where's W? Was he outside in his pickup looking for a parking spot?

by Anonymousreply 41October 17, 2024 4:39 PM

I think Obama deserves the blame for not getting much done with a Dem Congress. Give Pelosi the credit for ACA. Remember partisan politics was goiing low for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2024 4:41 PM

R28, You aren't on Medicare with medications, are you? Or diabetic? Or had Covid-19?

Or maybe you have no crushing student loans?

Or live in an area in need of infrastructure repair?

And you definitely aren't of Ukrainian heritage, correct?

Probably haven't looked for a job since 2021, either.

Yeah, nothing "memorable" to those who choose to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2024 4:42 PM

Unfortunately, Biden turned his euology from Ethel to the death of his son Beau. He stuck with that way too long.

Both Biden and Clinton have become mouth breathers. I find it annoying.

by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2024 4:47 PM

R36, I thought Biden didn't want to run in 2016 because he was still dealing with the aftermath of Beau's death?

by Anonymousreply 45October 17, 2024 4:53 PM

R43. Many of those things may be admirable, bit they are not memorable. Yes, they would be memorable compared to doing nothing at all, but most president do at least some useful things. Very few are remembered. Are you a Biden family member? I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings.

And, by the way, it’s George W Bush who added prescription drug coverage to Medicare, not Biden. That was a good thing, but it’s doubtful Bush will be remembered for it either. You certainly don’t seem to have remembered

by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2024 5:01 PM

I don't see him giving her the cold shoulder in that video. He just looks lost, the same way he's been looking for the last 3 years. Joe Biden is a man with an enormous ego and I'm sure finding himself displaced by his own VP and out of the running has not been kind to him.

by Anonymousreply 47October 17, 2024 5:04 PM

Yeah I don't see him snubbing her. She's just all over the place, swinging from one important person to the next.

by Anonymousreply 48October 17, 2024 5:13 PM

[quote]Unfortunately, Biden turned his euology from Ethel to the death of his son Beau. He stuck with that way too long.

He's been going on about that for so long he makes Nancy's casket dance look like a couple shimmies and a single high kick.

by Anonymousreply 49October 17, 2024 5:17 PM

maybe he's old

by Anonymousreply 50October 17, 2024 5:37 PM

[quote] The only thing they got through was the ACA.

That's all, huh?

by Anonymousreply 51October 17, 2024 5:39 PM

Nancy is definitely the Livia Soprano of the Dems.

I've always thought Obama was extremely fond of and protective of Biden, as he is in this video.

by Anonymousreply 52October 17, 2024 5:43 PM

Agree r25 and r47. Some people are trying to make an issue out of nothing. Pelosi wasn't even trying to talk to Biden and Obama. It's not like everyone was going up to greet the current/former presidents and they all greeted everyone else but ignored Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 53October 17, 2024 5:50 PM

The Daily Mail hired a lipreader to figure out what Biden and Obama were saying while they spoke to each other.

They claim Biden said “she’s not as strong as me” and Obama said “I know.”

Such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 54October 17, 2024 6:01 PM

I don't believe that for a minute. The Mail's writing about this election is pure fiction. You'd think they were a paper of record over here the way they're trying to throw the election. It's genuinely laughable it's so bald faced.

by Anonymousreply 55October 17, 2024 6:39 PM

Am I eating ice cream or mashed potatoes? JILL!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 56October 17, 2024 7:00 PM

"Am I eating a hamberder or a poodle?! MELAMINE!!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 57October 17, 2024 7:08 PM

What does Ethel Kennedy get all this VIP at the funeral treatment?

by Anonymousreply 58October 17, 2024 7:25 PM

Is it plastic surgery that gives Biden that look of surprise on his face?

by Anonymousreply 59October 17, 2024 9:24 PM

yes.

by Anonymousreply 60October 17, 2024 10:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 17, 2024 11:15 PM

Interesting how nobody mentions the entirely plausible possibility that the reason Joe might have initially indicated his intention to campaign for reelection, might’ve been that Kamala behind closed doors may originally have expressed no interest in running for his job, but then eventually felt cornered or obligated into doing it to avoid appearing disloyal (?).

by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2024 1:00 AM

I highly doubt that r62.

by Anonymousreply 63October 18, 2024 1:08 AM

Sounds like one of those big event, overly dramatic funerals you'd see on a daytime soap when they'd wheel in all the ancient vets.

by Anonymousreply 64October 18, 2024 2:22 AM

I think there's real affection between Joe and Barrack. Two good guys.

by Anonymousreply 65October 18, 2024 2:36 AM

Barack Obama is the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 66October 18, 2024 2:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!