Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone watching the Al Smith Dinner

Official thread.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2024 3:16 AM

They showed it for 2 seconds on MSNBC.

Why is that old whore Maria Bartiromo always front and center at this thing every year? She’s right behind Trump; if he turns to the right and looks back, he’s going to be staring at her pussy.

Is she fap material for these fat old Catholics?

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2024 1:36 AM

Dump is there? I’m surprised. Didn’t he skip it in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2024 1:40 AM

I thought I was watching live. For some reason my smart LG tv keeps turning on Fox Live everytime I turn it on. I’m on the west coast. Anyways fuck this thread. I’m the OP btw.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2024 1:43 AM

My aunt the nun doesn’t even give a rat’s ass…

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2024 1:43 AM

Of course he’s there, r2; they must absolutely adore him for his work in getting rid of abortion.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2024 1:45 AM

What a nasty piece of shit he is! This is shameful; he's truly scraping the bottom of the cesspool.

Former Mayor Bloomberg is seated directly in front of the dais, looking ready to rip donald's throat out.

---------------

"If you have something to say to me, donald, say it to my face," Vice President Harris.

He is a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2024 1:57 AM

No R5. That’s not how it works for this event.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2024 2:04 AM

R6 Bloomberg wouldn’t stand when the host announced Trump.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2024 2:14 AM

Jim Gaffigan was great. with very funny material and delivery. He went a lot easier on Trump than Kamala. There were lots of pointed barbs at her expense.

Trump had some good moments intertwined with his usual nastiness. And he droned on forever.

Kamala was not there but submitted a lame cringy video.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2024 2:16 AM

Watching Lawrence discuss this now.... he's barely holding in his complete and utter outrage.

"Al Smith would hate EVERYTHING about Donald Trump"

Then cuts to KH's video contribution... it was very cute and spot on!

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2024 2:19 AM

I also have to add the Catholic Reporter editorial....

"... the real scandal is that eh good Catholic cardinal of the great city of New York would not have the courage to say, this year, that the current Republican candidate is a walking example of so much the Catholic Church finds repugnant in today's politics that he would suspend the normal invitations...

...The real outrage is that Trump, given the public nature and extent of his repulsive record, should be invited to a fundraiser for an organization, Catholic Charities, that has long worked in the trenches to save and transform lives on society's farthest margins. It is tragic that the guest of honor this year will be someone whose personal example and policy wishes are in a collision course with the principles of Catholic social teaching.

... We are disappointed (Cardinal Dolan) didn't have the courage to stand up to Trump, a looming threat to the democratic ideals that allow the church to host such a high-profile public gathering."

I wish my extremely devout, Catholic, yet loving and accepting M-I-L was able to live 3 more weeks to have read that. I would have appreciated that discussion.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2024 2:28 AM

[quote]Is she fap material for these fat old Catholics?

Yes.

Where's Peggy Noonan sitting? She was crying into her gin bottle last week that Kamala had decided not to go. But only New Yorkers care about the Al Smith Dinner.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2024 3:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!